Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Who created Satan?

No matter what is assumed to be a reason to change the Bible it still should not be done. But since it has there is nothing we can do to change it only warn people of its deceiving nature. It causes too much confusion changing it and we were told not to do so.
The later translations are not re-writings of the KJV but other translations from the ancient text. The KJV also was a translation from ancient text.

As a matter of fact King James had many scholars translate it from another language to English but if they messed up in the least little bit he had them killed. That was how serious King James wanted it right.
Or, perhaps, if they didn't do it the way King James wanted it done.

Rollo I am not trying to be a therapist just someone who cares and I understand therapist can be quite aggravating. So what question do you want me to answer and I am sorry if I can't recall it right now but there are so many replies that I am trying to get to all as many as possible.

The later translations are not re-writings of the KJV but other translations from the ancient text. The KJV also was a translation from ancient text.

Or, perhaps, if they didn't do it the way King James wanted it done.

Wow. You are right King James didn't want it done in the wrong way. God knows we would need a Bible in our country and to trust that He helped King James to interpret it to English is enough for me and I know The Holy Spirit reveals through those inspired scriptures what I need to know and would do so for anyone who trust in God.

Rollo I am not trying to be a therapist just someone who cares and I understand therapist can be quite aggravating. So what question do you want me to answer and I am sorry if I can't recall it right now but there are so many replies that I am trying to get to all as many as possible.
Well, go ahead, keep trying.
I'm here for you.
Forget about me for now and get those other people taken care of.
They have needs too.
And how about you?
Have you had lunch yet?

Yes, and King James said "easter".
And King James said "calvary".
And King James said "flight of the Phoenix".
And who knows what else King James said and killed over.

Doesn't matter.
If people want to call Lucifer "satan" or satan "Lucifer", so what?
The question that should be discussed is "does it matter"?
Of course it matters. That is what the discussion has been about for the last few pages. Calling Satan "Lucifer" leads people to misinterpret a passage of Scripture, mainly because of the KJV.

Of course it matters. That is what the discussion has been about for the last few pages. Calling Satan "Lucifer" leads people to misinterpret a passage of Scripture, mainly because of the KJV.
And what is that interpretation?
And does it matter?
I say it doesn't.
The more we discuss it, all it does is gives us a fixation on the devil and we really don't need that.
I don't think you can find supporting verses in Scripture for that.
So what good does it do us to continue?
Is it somehow edifying the group?
Or is that too boring?

We have so many politics threads going continually, and now we get to talk about something else and it still doesn't edify the group.
I'm just giving one of my daily rants, all you new people hang in there.
I'll leave.

No. Satan is a real being, it's just that "his" name is not Lucifer.
I don't see the big deal. His name was "son of the dawn/morning" before he became the accuser (devil/Satan).

The Bible clearly recognizes that fallen angel and leader of all fallen angels as a creature with personality.

And, as to the question of this thread, God created everything. Therefore, He created the "son of the dawn".

But, God didn't create sin. He created the opportunity for sin, which is a whole different thing.

-
God created Satan and Angels sinless, and with free will.
They chose to use their free will to sin, and became "fallen" thereby.....Just like Adam & Eve.
So, we cant Blame God for what choices Lucifer and Adam and fallen angels make.
To know Right but to choose WRONG creates evil.
So, the evil is in their choice to transgress, and not because that they were created evil.
They chose to transgress and then "evil is found IN THEM"
:thumbsup

And what you gave shows that the passage in Isa. is not referring to Satan.

Isaiah 14:12-15 Ezekiel 28:14,15 is prophetically directed to the king of Babylon and the king of Tyre, but also meant to include someone apart from humans as being referred to as an anointed cherub or son of the morning that has always been our adversary starting with his fall from God's favor, but still has access to heaven as he presents himself before God to accuse the brethren before Christ, Job 2:1,2; Rev 12:10, until Michael wars against him and kicks him out of heaven with all his unholy angels, Rev 12:7-9. It was Satan (or whatever one wants to call this fallen angel as God never gave him a name) who worked through the serpent who tempted Adam and Eve and also tempted Jesus in Matthew 4:1-11. Some might ask why would God let Satan into the garden already knowing what would happen and the answer is because it was God's will as being our Father knows we will fail at times, but as any parent, wants us to grow from the mistakes we make as we take responsibility for our actions.

Satan does exist.
But was his name ever Lucifer?
I really do not think there is anyway of knowing if God gave this fallen angel a name or not, but man has given this angel many names that include Satan, Devil, Beelzebub, Belial, Adversary, Dragon, Serpent and various versions of day star as in these translations:

Day Star son of David - The Oxford Annotated Bible

morning star son of the dawn - NIV

Lucifer son of the morning - NKJV

shining star of the dawn - James Moffatt Bible

Day star Son of Dawn - The Jerusalem Bible

Lucifer son of the morning - KJV

I really do not think there is anyway of knowing if God gave this fallen angel a name or not, but man has given this angel many names that include Satan, Devil, Beelzebub, Belial, Adversary, Dragon, Serpent and various versions of day star as in these translations:

Day Star son of David - The Oxford Annotated Bible

shining star of the dawn - James Moffatt Bible

:shame Are you serious.

No such being named "Lucifer". Not in the Bible anyway.

Isaiah 14:12
Day Star son of David - The Oxford Annotated Bible ((day star son of David has to be a mistake here as being a reference for Lucifer as Jesus identifies himself as the morning star a descendant of David in Rev 22:16 as all the other versions just say morning star or day star)

shinging star of the dawn - James Moffatt

Back