Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is the army of Rev. 19: 14.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Okay ,the only people that literally die are the 7000 that do so the moment His feet touch the ground

Revelation 11:13 "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven."
n2thelight, will make an attempt to show you from the contexts of (Rev.11:3-14) that your opening statement is lacking Biblical support. Meanwhile I pray your interested in what the scriptures have to say.

Starting at vs.3, we note that God grants 1260 days for His two witness to prophecy. In vs. 5, we read that if anybody will hurt them they shall be devoured/killed. (Is it possible for anyone to be devoured/killed, without dying?)

Vs. 7, It's talking about the two witness, which vs.4, informs us are two olive trees and two lamp stands, which are symbolic for the Holy Spirit, and the Bible. These two witness for God, throughout the earth, through the 144,000, servant prophets, whom Jesus will personally select, (Rev.7). It is these prophets who can cause the rain to stop, turn water into blood, and smite the earth with plagues. Sound familiar?

Continuing in vs.7, scripture informs us the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit/satan will wage war on God's prophets and kill them. (note again, scriptures says the prophets, "will be killed".)

Vs. 11, says, that after their bodies lie in the streets for three and a half days, the spirit[breath] of life from God, re-enters their dead bodies (note, this all harmonizes with the info I post in post 149) and they again become a living soul/being and God calls them up to heaven. This is a special resurrection of only the 144,000, servant prophets. They are the "First Fruits Offering" that Jesus presents to the Father, shortly before His second coming, which is the main harvest of saints.

Now vs.13, scripture informs those who are willing to believe what they say, is that,"the same hour" their was an earthquake, and a tenth part of the city fell [babylon] and seven thousand men were slain/killed.

Vs. 14, informs us that all of these events were the second woe, and that the third is coming quickly. Therefore in the vss. we have viewed they have revealed that:

They have nothing to do with the second coming, but rather precede it, contrary to your claim.
That there will be many deaths prior to the death of the seven thousand, contrary to your claim.

You should also understand that Christ never comes down to the earth at His second coming. He remains hovering over the earth and calls the saints to meet Him in the air. (1 Thes. 4:17)

Please consider this post prayerfully, while asking the Holy Spirit for discernment.I

n2thelight, your post is conflicting. In your first sentence you state,"the dead are already risen."

In your last sentence you state,"Nobody has died yet(NOBODY)".

Please clarify.
At death, the soul returns to the Father , meaning the dead rise at death , never to need this flesh again. However although risen some will have a mortal soul .

When I said nobody has died yet, I'm speaking of the 2nd death, which is the only death that matters, as that is the death of the soul

Those with a mortal soul stands a chance to die that 2nd death, thus the reason for the millennium

n2thelight, your personal logic is getting in the way of a “thus sayeth the Lord”. The Bible clearly states the reason why the living will not precede those who are asleep/dead is because both the righteous living and dead are “gathered up together” to meet the Lord in the air. (1 Thess. 4:16,17)

Your current understanding is creating an internal conflict within these texts. That is a sign your understanding is incorrect because the Bible never contradicts itself. Truth is understood when we discover the harmony of the sum of all the parts as it pertains to any subject.

I will provide you with a portion of a bible study on the condition of man in death. I ask that you consider it prayerfully. If you can except this information you then will find harmony within the texts given throughout the Bible as it speaks to the issue of death.

Spirit Returns to God

“And the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit [ruach] returns to God who gave it.” ( Ecclesiastes 12:7, insertion mine.) Some people use this text to prove that the spirit of man, something intelligent returns to God at the time of death.

Advocates of the external soul reason that when the body and the spirit are separated, the spirit (or “ruach”) returns to God who gave it. The Hebrew word “ruach” means wind or breath. Notice how this word is translated a few verses earlier: “As you do not know the path of the wind [ruach], or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.” ( Ecclesiastes 11:5)

The ruach of the righteous, as well as the ruach of the wicked, returns to God at death! The text is clear on this point: The “breath of life” is a gift from God to all people at birth and the “breath of life” [ruach] returns to God who gave it when we die, regardless of our moral behavior!

Job’s use of the word “ruach” helps clarify the meaning even further. He says, “As long as I have life within me, the breath [ruach] of God in my nostrils, my lips will not speak deceit.” ( Job 27:3,4 [KJV]) An unrefined translation of Job’s comment might read, “As long as I have life within me and the breath from God in my nose, my lips will not speak lies.”

Neither Solomon nor Job used the word “ruach” to mean a conscious spirit roaming the heavens. King David also knew that death brought an end to consciousness. He said, “Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save. When their spirit [nephesh] departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing.” ( Psalms 146:3,4)

The Hebrew word “nephesh” also means breath. This word is used many times in the Bible to describe the breath of living creatures. Notice: “And the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath [nephesh] of life, and man became a living being.” ( Genesis 2:7)

Concerning the flood, the Bible says, “Everything on dry land that had the breath [nephesh] of life in its nostrils died.” ( Genesis 7:22, insertion mine.)

King David believed the dead were in their graves and not in Heaven praising the Lord. He said, “It is not the dead who praise the Lord, those who go down to silence; it is we [the living] who extol the Lord . . . .” ( Psalm 115:17,18, insertion mine.)

The Apostle Peter also confirmed this point. On the day of Pentecost he spoke about King David saying, “Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day . . . For David did not ascend to heaven . . . .” ( Acts 2:29,34)

Solomon leaves no room for doubt regarding this topic. He explains the state of man in death very clearly. He said that the dead are unaware of anything that occurs on Earth. He wrote, “For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun.” ( Ecclesiastes 9:5,6)

Jesus Called Death “Sleep”
Many Christians do not correctly understand man’s condition in death. Thirteen times in the New Testament, death is called sleep. There are two reasons for this: First, death is actually like a sleep. (See John 11:11-14.) There is no awareness in death (or during a good night’s sleep). Second, the first death is temporary (just as sleep is temporary), whereas the second death lasts forever. When Lazarus, the brother of Mary and Martha died, Jesus referred to Lazarus’ death as sleep. ( John 11.) Why did Jesus refer to Lazarus as being asleep?

For an obvious reason – the death that Lazarus experienced was temporary, just like sleep is temporary. When we sleep deeply, we are unaware of our surroundings. However, sleep does not last forever. Think of the “resurrection” as a powerful awakening. Every person who lives and dies will live again and God will awaken from their sleep everyone who dies in one of two resurrections. The Bible indicates there are two resurrections – one for the saints and the other for the wicked. The first resurrection occurs at the Second Coming. This means there will be a judgment of human beings prior to the Second Coming, because Jesus will decide who is righteous and who is not before He comes. Therefore, those judged to be righteous will be resurrected at the Second Coming. ( 1 Thessalonians 4:16) The people judged to be wicked will be resurrected at the end of the millennium. ( Revelation 20:5)

This is a critical point: Natural death (the first death) is not the penalty for sin.

Natural death comes as a consequence of being separated from the Tree of Life. The penalty for sin, however, is death by execution and God will implement the penalty for sin at the end of the millennium. ( Revelation 20:14,15)

Explained in another way perhaps more clearly, one has to understand how we where formed in the beginning. According to Gen. 2:7, God combined two elements to make a soul, they are the dust of the earth/body and the breath of life/spirit. (Spirit within this contexts is not the Holy Spirit or as many believe a persons intellect that is immortal.)
In death the soul ceases to exist simply because the two elements which are needed to make a soul/living being are separated. Thus the soul is no more. If this is hard to wrap your mind around think about it in these terms. If you walk into a dark room and want light you turn on the light switch, which allows a electrical current to travel to a light bulb and the union of the electrical current with the light bulb produces the light you seek. When you exit the room and turn off the light switch the electrical current is stoped from uniting with the light bulb and the room returns to darkness.

Did the light leave the room and go to heaven or did it cease to exist? Such is the condition of man in death/sleep until a time when Christ reunites His Spirit/breath of life to all who are asleep in their graves and all will come forth in either the first or second resurrection.
It's not personal Sonny ,all business .Never thought I'd get to use a godfather quote on a Christian forum

Okay, I look at scripture from the point of the 3 Heaven and Earth ages
We were never meant to be made flesh

Scripture says we have two bodies, which one do you think was first

Do you believe in soul sleep ?

Sorry I'm short right now, but I'm at work ,will expound later

Think I gave you enough, stay where you at, I'm good .

You speak of your own self.

The Word of GOD -the Word is GOD - reveals that the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:v.9-10

The OP is talking about who the host of heaven are that come back with Christ at His second coming. We have strayed away from this topic as I am as much fault as everyone else. Let's get back to the topic as all other postings will be deleted for being off topic.

Thank you.

The battle is not against flesh and blood so the armies aren’t likely to be flesh and blood either.
Exactly, people don't seem to understand , satan will come HERE to this earth live and in person. People keep thinking it's just gonna be a possession of man ,will be deceived

WHO IS THE ARMY IN Rev. 19: 14.

`Then I saw heaven opened, & behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful & True, & in righteousness He judges & makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, & on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, & His name is called the Word of God.

And the
armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white & clean, followed Him on white horses.` (Rev. 19: 11 - 14)

Who do you think this army is? And what scriptures do you think back up what you believe.

Marilyn.

It seems to me that the “armies” that were following Jesus were angels and the anointed 144,000 members of his “bride class.”-Matthew 25:31, 32; Revelation 2:26, 27; 7:4; 14:1, 3; 12:7-9.

4. Is the army descending with Christ clothed in fine linen, white and clean? Yes
I don't see where it says those who follow Christ are descending.I only see where it says the armies who are in heaven follow him.

Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean

Can you quote the verse that shows the saints who follow Christ descend?

It's been my understanding that when Christ comes,that the saints will rise,not descend.

1 these 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Last edited:
I don't see where it says those who follow Christ are descending.I only see where it says the armies who are in heaven follow him.

Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean

Can you quote the verse that shows the saints who follow Christ descend?

It's been my understanding that when Christ comes,that the saints will rise,not descend.

1 these 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
Hebrews 11:4 kjv
4. By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Revelation 6:9 kjv
9. And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11. And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Although it may be the angel representatives that are the army, it may be the slain saints words that are being fulfilled. Let us understand the army. Symbolism is not always easy to understand.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Revelation chapter 19. Thier saints. Like the prophets, our great grandmother. Jesus is bringing big army at the 7th trump. When Jesus feet touched mount of olives, this starts zechariah chapter 14. The millennium. The millennium is time of teaching and discipline for the spirtualty dead. Revelation chapter 20 to document also.

Hebrews 11:4 kjv
4. By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Revelation 6:9 kjv
9. And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11. And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Although it may be the angel representatives that are the army, it may be the slain saints words that are being fulfilled. Let us understand the army. Symbolism is not always easy to understand.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
That doesn't answer the question I posted to Malachi who said the" army is descending with Christ."

I don't see those words in revelation at all.
I've seen in scripture where a great army rises out of their graves which would be those under the alter.But not one descending.

Ezekiel 37:10
So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.

That doesn't answer the question I posted to Malachi who said the" army is descending with Christ."

I don't see those words in revelation at all.
I've seen in scripture where a great army rises out of their graves which would be those under the alter.But not one descending.

Ezekiel 37:10
So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.
II think what I said fits. The statement just does not directly say it the way you seem to want it said.

Sometimes a statement is veiled. Jesus spoke in parables so that hearing they hear not.

Knowing when to be blunt and when not to write what the thunders said is a learning experience I am working on. I just am not there yet.

eddif

II think what I said fits. The statement just does not directly say it the way you seem to want it said.

Sometimes a statement is veiled. Jesus spoke in parables so that hearing they hear not.

Knowing when to be blunt and when not to write what the thunders said is a learning experience I am working on. I just am not there yet.

eddif
Perhaps the person I asked could answer it.Perhaps not.

Perhaps the person I asked could answer it.Perhaps not.
This thread went dormant from 2015 to 2022 and so some posters are not currently posting.

I looked back at my early posts and I think I changed thoughts over time.

You might read #122 (not mine) related to your statement.

eddif

Revelation chapter 19. Thier saints. Like the prophets, our great grandmother. Jesus is bringing big army at the 7th trump. When Jesus feet touched mount of olives, this starts zechariah chapter 14. The millennium. The millennium is time of teaching and discipline for the spirtualty dead. Revelation chapter 20 to document also.
Seventh trump? What does the Word of GOD say? The Word is GOD, for the Word is from His MOUTH.

Revelation 11:15-18

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before GOD-Revelation 4:4- on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped GOD,

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord GOD Almighty, which art, and wast, and are to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were (WILL BE) angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged, and that thou should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.

Get ready

WHO IS THE ARMY IN Rev. 19: 14.

`Then I saw heaven opened, & behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful & True, & in righteousness He judges & makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, & on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, & His name is called the Word of God.

And the
armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white & clean, followed Him on white horses.` (Rev. 19: 11 - 14)

Who do you think this army is? And what scriptures do you think back up what you believe.

Marilyn.
The one from among all nations that are about to be destroyed by the Lord in Rev 19:11-.

Back