Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who is the "generation of the figtree?"

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I was 2 years old when Israel became a state. When The Lord did not return in 1948. Then the talk was 7 more years , 7 years the number of completion... well 1955 and no rapture.... well it must be a generation.... hm 40 years the number of years in the wilderness.... 1988 opps no rapture...

I believe He wisely was vague on His return..... Look at all the fun we have yaking about it...:yes

When i look at the state of Israel on a map it looks nothing like the land God gave to Abe. Then there is this passage

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

People frequently ask me how long is a generation? The answer is that it depends upon context. In Genesis 15:13-16 a generation is defined as 100 years. In Psalm 90:10 it is 70 years. A generation based on the genealogy presented in the first chapter of Matthew calculates to be about 50 years. Job 42:16 says Job lived 140 years and saw four generations during his lifetime, which would make a generation 35 years. The Bible frequently refers to a generation as being 40 years (Numbers 32:13; Psalm 95:10; and Hebrews 3:8-10). Some passages seem to indicate that a generation was viewed as starting at age 20 (Exodus 30:14; Numbers 1:3; and Numbers 14:29). If that were so, and you add 40 years, then a generation would have been from 20 to 60 years of age.

But, the word is also used generically to refer to people living at a particular time, and when it is used this way it does not refer to any specific number of years. An example can be found in Jeremiah 7:29 where the prophet declares that God has rejected "the generation of His wrath." That is simply a reference to the people living at that time. It would be like making a reference to the "Nixon generation," meaning all the people living during the time that Richard Nixon served as President. In like manner, people refer to the "Hippy Generation," which is a reference to young people living during the 1960's.

I believe the term is used generically in Matthew 24:34. All it is saying is that the people living at the time the nation of Israel is re-established will be the ones who will witness the return of the Lord. It could be a person who was a small child at that time and who will be 80 years old when the Lord returns. No time period is meant or implied.

The Christ in Prophecy Journal: Olivet Discourse: The Fig Tree Generation

Yep the time frame grows as His return does not happen....

That article fits right in with the Words of Christ..... It was 'this' generation like the hippy one or the nixon well it was the generation of serpent and vipers Jesus was talking to....

Yep the time frame grows as His return does not happen....

That article fits right in with the Words of Christ..... It was 'this' generation like the hippy one or the nixon well it was the generation of serpent and vipers Jesus was talking to....

Whatever. Let's see some scholarship on it, reba.

I think one thing that would help people really understand Matthew's (and Mark's) account of the Olivet Discourse, is to keep one finger placed in Luke's version of it.

Here's what Luke says about the fig tree:
29} Then He told them a parable: "Behold the fig tree and all the trees; {30} as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. {31} "So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. {32} "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. {33} "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. Luke 21:29-33 (NASB)

The fig tree (as were all trees) was a metaphor for the imminence of events Christ was predicting about the coming desolation of Jerusalem in 70 AD. This is the context in which it was used.

I think one thing that would help people really understand Matthew's (and Mark's) account of the Olivet Discourse, is to keep one finger placed in Luke's version of it.

Here's what Luke says about the fig tree:
29} Then He told them a parable: "Behold the fig tree and all the trees; {30} as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. {31} "So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. {32} "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. {33} "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. Luke 21:29-33 (NASB)

The fig tree (as were all trees) was a metaphor for the imminence of events Christ was predicting about the coming desolation of Jerusalem in 70 AD. This is the context in which it was used.

I gather not many are aware of the many dual fulfillment prophecies in Scripture.

I gather not many are aware of the many dual fulfillment prophecies in Scripture.

I've never seen a prophecy yet that can be proven to possess two fulfillments. If you have one, I'd like to see it.

Luke 21:29-32
29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. KJV

What generation "shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled"? The generation who: "when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand"

When ye see what "things come to pass"? The things that Jesus just listed in the verses prior to the above Parable of the Fig Tree" verses.

While He is speaking to those seated at His feet, He is speaking of the endtime generation. What Jesus spoke to their ears was written down for our eyes some 2000 years later. Below we will publish those verses that Jesus was referring to when He said "So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand."

But first it must be observed that the words "ye" and "you" in the above "So likewise ye, when ye see" are plural words, not singular. In other words, Jesus was not speaking to "thee" and "thy," which are singular pronouns in the King James Bible, but He was speaking in the plural to us as well as those seated before Christ. Actually, Jesus was in the company of only four men when He delivered Mark chapter 13: "Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately" (Mk 13:3b). But what He said to them was for all Christians that were to be living when those things came to pass.

Now, observe those things that Jesus said had to happen before the end. Some apparently think that all of these things have already happened, except for that Christ did not yet return. How they reason this in their mind is beyond me. But Amillennialists do. I will hasten to add that some of the things in the below were fulfilled in type, but they still need to be fulfilled in antitype (the actual event). If even one thing in the below list of things that Jesus said must happen before the end, does not happen, then they cannot be right. Observe (I have highlight some events that had definitely not happened to the generation then alive when Christ spoke the below):
Mark 13:1-31
1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!
2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,
4 Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?
5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.
8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:
16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.
17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.
19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. KJV

In other words, "this generation" is the generation that shall see "these things," and it is not the generation that He was addressing, for they never saw those things. It was us, the final generation; we shall see "these things" and our generation "shall not pass, till all these things be done."

http://www.biblestudysite.com/answers78.htm#4

Some apparently think that all of these things have already happened, except for that Christ did not yet return.
And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
"Coming in the clouds" is an Old Testament idiom that refers to God's power and might, usually when executed in judgment, against a nation or people. Here are some examples:
{3} He lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters; He makes the clouds His chariot; He walks upon the wings of the wind; Psalm 104:3 (NASB)
{1} The oracle concerning Egypt. Behold, the LORD is riding on a swift cloud and is about to come to Egypt; The idols of Egypt will tremble at His presence, And the heart of the Egyptians will melt within them. Isaiah 19:1 (NASB)
{1} The word of the LORD came again to me saying, {2} "Son of man, prophesy and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Wail, 'Alas for the day!' {3} "For the day is near, Even the day of the LORD is near; It will be a day of clouds, A time of doom for the nations. Ezekiel 30:1-3 (NASB)

{13} "I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him. Daniel 7:13 (NASB)

{3} The LORD is slow to anger and great in power, And the LORD will by no means leave the guilty unpunished. In whirlwind and storm is His way, And clouds are the dust beneath His feet. Nahum 1:3 (NASB)

{14} Near is the great day of the LORD, Near and coming very quickly; Listen, the day of the LORD! In it the warrior cries out bitterly. {15} A day of wrath is that day, A day of trouble and distress, A day of destruction and desolation, A day of darkness and gloom, A day of clouds and thick darkness, Zephaniah 1:14-15 (NASB)

Christ "coming in the clouds" is simply His way of saying, "I am coming in judgment." And that judgment fell on Jerusalem in 70 AD.

I've never seen a prophecy yet that can be proven to possess two fulfillments. If you have one, I'd like to see it.

I have seen a few in Jeremiah, Psalms, and of course, what Jesus speaks in Matthew 24...

Dual Fulfillment of Prophecy

About one-third of the Bible is prophecy. Much of it has more than one fulfillment. Are there any principles which help us in seeing how a prophecy might be fulfilled more than once? Here are three ways in which Bible prophecies can be fulfilled more than once.

A typical fulfillment, first (or soon)...

Some Bible prophecies have their complete fulfillment in the long term, but in the short term there is a partial fulfillment in events which are types of the complete fulfillment.

Example: The promises to David are quoted with reference to Solomon; compare:
1 Chronicles 17:12,13 with 22:9,10. This is because Solomon's reign was a type of Christ's Kingdom; compare 1 Kings 4:25 with prophecies of the Kingdom in Jeremiah 23:6 and Micah 4:4. However, their complete fulfillment comes with Christ; see Luke 1:32,33 and Acts 13:33.

Other examples: Micah 4,5 was initially fulfilled by Hezekiah in relation to the Assyrian invasion, but will be more completely fulfilled by Christ setting up the Kingdom. Some features of Psalm 72 were fulfilled by Solomon's kingdom, but the psalm will be completely fulfilled in the future reign of Christ.

A typical fulfillment, later...

Some Bible prophecies are fulfilled completely initially but this fulfillment is typical of something greater to come.

Example: Isaiah 17 was fulfilled in the Assyrian invasion in Hezekiah's time, culminating in the destruction of the Assyrian host (v. 14). Yet this fulfilment is also typical of the host which invades the land at the time of Christ's return, and is destroyed.

Other examples: Jeremiah 50 and 51 are prophetic of the overthrow of the kingdom of Babylon, but the extensive use of the language of these chapters in Revelation 17 and 18 shows that this overthrow was typical of the overthrow of spiritual Babylon at Christ's return. Psalm 41 (not strictly prophecy) is about David's experiences in the revolt of Absalom, but his betrayal by Ahithophel is typical of Judas's betrayal of Christ (v. 9, quoted in John 13:18).

Prophecies fulfilled on a number of occasions:
Some Bible prophecies are fulfilled on several occasions because of situations which keep occurring.

Example: Deuteronomy 28:49 prophesies of "a nation . . . from far" which God would send against Israel if they forsook Him. Note how the terms of this verse were fulfilled by Assyria (Isa. 5:26; 33:19; Hos. 8:1) and Babylon (Jer. 4:13; 5:15) as well as Rome (Mt. 24:28).

Other examples: Cannibalism, prophesied in Leviticus 26:29, is recorded in both 2 Kgs. 6:26-31 and Lamentations 4:10, and according to Josephus occurred in A.D. 70. The opposition to Christ by rulers foretold in Psalm 2:1-3 occurred at his birth (Mt. 2) and his crucifixion (Acts 4:25-28), and will occur at his Second Coming (Rev. 17:12-14) and at the end of the Millennium (20:7-10).

Dual Fulfilment of Prophecy

For more, see:

International House of Prayer : 150 Chapters on the End Times

Luke 21:29-32
29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. KJV

What generation "shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled"? The generation who: "when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand"

When ye see what "things come to pass"? The things that Jesus just listed in the verses prior to the above Parable of the Fig Tree" verses.

While He is speaking to those seated at His feet, He is speaking of the endtime generation. What Jesus spoke to their ears was written down for our eyes some 2000 years later. Below we will publish those verses that Jesus was referring to when He said "So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand."

But first it must be observed that the words "ye" and "you" in the above "So likewise ye, when ye see" are plural words, not singular. In other words, Jesus was not speaking to "thee" and "thy," which are singular pronouns in the King James Bible, but He was speaking in the plural to us as well as those seated before Christ. Actually, Jesus was in the company of only four men when He delivered Mark chapter 13: "Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately" (Mk 13:3b). But what He said to them was for all Christians that were to be living when those things came to pass.

Now, observe those things that Jesus said had to happen before the end. Some apparently think that all of these things have already happened, except for that Christ did not yet return. How they reason this in their mind is beyond me. But Amillennialists do. I will hasten to add that some of the things in the below were fulfilled in type, but they still need to be fulfilled in antitype (the actual event). If even one thing in the below list of things that Jesus said must happen before the end, does not happen, then they cannot be right. Observe (I have highlight some events that had definitely not happened to the generation then alive when Christ spoke the below):
Mark 13:1-31
1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!
2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,
4 Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?
5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.
8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:
16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.
17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.
19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. KJV

In other words, "this generation" is the generation that shall see "these things," and it is not the generation that He was addressing, for they never saw those things. It was us, the final generation; we shall see "these things" and our generation "shall not pass, till all these things be done."

http://www.biblestudysite.com/answers78.htm#4

thumbs_up-1-1.jpg

Other examples: Jeremiah 50 and 51 are prophetic of the overthrow of the kingdom of Babylon, but the extensive use of the language of these chapters in Revelation 17 and 18 shows that this overthrow was typical of the overthrow of spiritual Babylon at Christ's return. Psalm 41 (not strictly prophecy) is about David's experiences in the revolt of Absalom, but his betrayal by Ahithophel is typical of Judas's betrayal of Christ (v. 9, quoted in John 13:18).
If these are representative of "dual fulfillment", I'm not convinced. Revelation 17 and 18 is "Mystery Babylon", not "spiritual Babylon" and we know by her identifying marks who she is (Jerusalem).

Furthermore, the example given about David - as the author clearly admits - isn't even prophecy!

I don't have time to look at the rest now, but based on these two examples, I'm not impressed.

Not knocking you, just your source. :thumbsup

If these are representative of "dual fulfillment", I'm not convinced. Revelation 17 and 18 is "Mystery Babylon", not "spiritual Babylon" and we know by her identifying marks who she is (Jerusalem).

Furthermore, the example given about David - as the author clearly admits - isn't even prophecy!

I don't have time to look at the rest now, but based on these two examples, I'm not impressed.

Not knocking you, just your source. :thumbsup

Yes, the source wasn't the best.

I apologise if this question has been posted countless times before but I am curious to some feedback, also if you wouldn't mind I have a thread on the Advice/discussion board about a friends vision if some would care to give me feedback on that board as well. Thank you.:waving
That would be the last generation, the generation after the times of the gentiles.

0 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

Rom 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world

Col 1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
Col 1:6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

Thank you for your input. This preterst stuff sub, none, partial just sounds goofy to me. No offense to anyone I am trying to learn why some believe different things from the same book.

In Matt:29 Immediately after those horrible days end,

the sun will be darkened,
the moon will not give light,
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the powers of heaven will be shaken.

And then at last the Son of Man will appear in the heavens, and there will be deep mourning among all the nations of the earth. And they will see the Son of Manarrive on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.31 And he will send forth his angels with the sound of a mighty trumpet blast, and they will gather together his chosen ones from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven.

32."
now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When it's buds become ternder and its leaves begin to sprout, you know without being told that summer is near. 33 Just so, when you see the events I've described beginning to happen, you can know his return is very near, right at the door. I assure you, this generation will not pass from the scene before all these things take place. 35:Heaven and Earth will disappear, but my words will remain forever.

this does not jive with the belief of preterism does it? please explain

Good going there, you took the words right out of my fingers.:lol

Hey there,

If the Generation of the fig tree was the generation of 70ad , that would mean all the things Jesus talked about would have already happen in that generation.

34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Jesus said all these things would happen before the generation passed, well the generation of 70 AD is long gone and this has happened.

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other

this hasnt happen

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

this hasnt happen

15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

There is no way Jesus was speaking about the generation of 70ad....

good going to you too prince! :clap

I was 2 years old when Israel became a state. When The Lord did not return in 1948. Then the talk was 7 more years , 7 years the number of completion... well 1955 and no rapture.... well it must be a generation.... hm 40 years the number of years in the wilderness.... 1988 opps no rapture...

I believe He wisely was vague on His return..... Look at all the fun we have yaking about it...:yes

When i look at the state of Israel on a map it looks nothing like the land God gave to Abe. Then there is this passage

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Wait minute not so fast,if the generation that saw Israel become a nation is the generation that shall not pass away,and a generation is seventy years, then 2018 is that 70 year generation from 1948 that shall not pass way, not 1948 itself.

First let me say that time frame for a generation was considered whatever the average life span was for people and that has changed many times since Adam, then we have a reference where God is talking about the children of Israel wondering in the wilderness and say's that he bore with them in the midst of a generation, midst means during, but he bore with them the whole 40 years,catch my drift?
I have another reference below as you shall see for the 70 year generation.

Then remember in matthew 24 where Jesus tells us about all of the signs and how they are the beginning of sorrows and the labour pains just before the tribulation period and in verse 22 he say's And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved:but for the elects sake those days shall be shortened.

Now check out psalms 90:10 but before we do remember a score is 20 years,remember the above verse about the days being shortened and the sorrow and labour.

Now on to the scripture. The days of our years are threescore years and ten: and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away!

a score is 20 years,you can google it, there are threescores which equal 60 plus the ten =70 and the fourscore is eighty years but it is soon cut off or shortened
due to the sorrow and labour, and we fly away!

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back