Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHO IS THE RULER OF THE EARTH?

Do you see being born again and the spiritual circumcision of Christ as two completely separate things happening at different times during a Christian's life ? If so, how ?

Bullseye. Yes, being born again is the result of the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ. Think of this in reverse order . . . when Adam and Eve sinned, they brought upon the world a Curse. When that Curse was applied to them, they Spiritual died. There is only one who can transfer a person from Spiritual death to Spiritual Life, and that is Jesus Christ and His Holy Operation of Faith.

Colossians 2:10-15 NLT - "So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

As you can see, the above six verses answer your brilliant question absolutely perfectly. The Circumcision of Christ is what takes a person from death to Life. It is what removes the Old Man and thus replaces it with the New Man. This is what it means to go from the corruptible to the Incorruptible. Do you see how the Bible speaks of the same things, but using different languages and concepts? It is incredible! When I began to see that the Bible is constantly repeating itself through different ideas and principles, it blew my mind. All of a sudden, the Bible became a whole lot less difficult to understand, that the things written were tied in with other ideas and concepts throughout.

Colossians 2:9-15 (now Seven verses), are the very fulcrum of the Bible. Without Colossians 2:9-15, the Bible would not have been written, for it wouldn't have made much sense. Colossians 2:9-15 gives context right away even from the early chapters of Genesis. Spiritual Circumcision and waiting for Christ is the core of the Biblical Message, the Mysterious Plan of God (as Paul put it).

I'm confused D.
Did I say 1517??

I don't really know what you're asking.

I said I don't trust theology that came along 1,500 years after Christ. 1,500AD.
I'd have to include some stuff even before then, but at the reformation big changes were made.

For instance:
ETERNAL SALVATION or OSAS - this was unheard of before this cut off date.
CALVINISM - ditto
Yes, I was referring to the 95 Thesis. That was after 1500.

But I agree with you on the last two. I don’t trust new theologies even before that date. In fact the NT talks about false theologies. (Did you know the Rapture theology came on the scene in the 19th century? Do you trust that theology?)

Yes, I was referring to the 95 Thesis. That was after 1500.

But I agree with you on the last two. I don’t trust new theologies even before that date. In fact the NT talks about false theologies. (Did you know the Rapture theology came on the scene in the 19th century? Do you trust that theology?)
There is no such concept in the bible as the rapture.
Jesus is coming back ONE TIME.
At the end of the world.
The living will be caught with Him and the dead also and we will receive our glorified bodies.

No rapture till the reformation.
So no rapture.

There is no such concept in the bible as the rapture.
Jesus is coming back ONE TIME.
At the end of the world.
The living will be caught with Him and the dead also and we will receive our glorified bodies.

No rapture till the reformation.
So no rapture.
I agree. This is the Resurrection.

Is this why we all believe something different?
I was posting regarding that.
I don't have the answer...
But something is not right.
I think there are different reasons but certainly false understanding of God and his ways always come from the enemy. Where else? But people have different reasons for embracing them. Sometimes it’s plain ignorance. They never heard any different.

I think there are different reasons but certainly false understanding of God and his ways always come from the enemy. Where else? But people have different reasons for embracing them. Sometimes it’s plain ignorance. They never heard any different.
This brings up an interesting question.
Maybe a new thread?
I'll tag you in.

Back