Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who put our sins upon Jesus on the cross?

True. At His resurrection from the dead.

Heb 1:13But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

And all His apostles and disciples at the cross:

Jhn 16:32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

Neither did Abel. Their righteous bood did cry out from the ground, as with all the righteous blood shed by unrighteous men.

Mat 23:35That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Abel's was for Cain, and Jesus' was for all generation of sinners. Jesus' innocent shed blood at the cross, condemned the same as Abel from the ground, but speaks better things, in that unlike Abel, Jesus is risen from the dead and can offer mercy to His enemies that repent.

Then said the Father, Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

And says the Son to all His people:, He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

And still says the Father, Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
The point of course being that God does not forgive the sins of others, because the righteous prays for Him to:

Exo 32:33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

1Sa 16:1And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel?

They believed they were putting Him to death justly by the law of blasphemy. All His disciples and family wrongly believed the same:

Isa 53:7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Isa 53:4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Jesus didn't put His own flesh to death, the sinners did. And their wicked desire for vengeance was fully satiated by His death on the cross.

Neither did the Father smite Him to death by the law of blasphemy.

By His resurrection Jesus now takes away all lust of the flesh, from them that repent of sinning against Him at the cross, and in our own secrfet places.

Heb 6:5If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Heb 7:14For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

He wasn't in Aaron's ministry at all.

Jesus speaks of all the prophecies about His death on the cross being fulfilled, and gave up the ghost.

His work on earth was not finished, as that of other men that die, but His works on earth were only just beginning greater than ever by His resurrection.

Jhn 5:20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Sinners now need to confess and repent to Jesus over His blood shed on a cross.

His sacrifice of obedience was to the Father's command, to submit to the will of sinners without protest nor self defence nor reviling.

Not Jesus. Not ever. Nor them confessing and repenting unto the end of this life, and resurrected in His likeness.

Jesus sat down long before we were ever born into the world.

Heb 1:3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

As with Stephen, He can stand up for them that repent, and then sit down.

Luk 15:10Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

True. By works judged good or bad.

But of course we can surely know for ourselves in this life, by doing those things necessary to ensure we do not fall in the end by bad works:

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
You need to understand althought Jesus had every right to condemn sinners,out FORGIVE THEM FATHER (because they don't know ME. His righteous blood (life) cried MERCY,

Moses and Stephen cried MERCY.

Please listen,
thou arti nexcusable, O journeyman whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou journeyman, RBDERRICK judgest another, thou journeyman, RBDERRICK, EVERYONE ON EARTH condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. Rom .2:1

Try reading again. It's pretty clear from the argument of Scripture, that sins are applied only to the ones sinning, not to the innocent man and Son of God on the cross.
Our sins were upon His body, not His soul.
I believe it was more than just the body of Jesus that died, but the soul as well. The sacrifice was a pure, sinless, soul and not so much the physical body because physical bodies are inherently not sinful. It's the soul piloting this suit that determines what we do with it.

Isaiah 53
10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

It did please our Father to see the way His Son suffered sinners like me, instead of destroying sinners like me.
God is also pleased when I flollow my Saviors example,

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; Phil.1:9 KJV

when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. 1Pet.2:20 KJV

For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing 1Pet.3:17 KJV

I take this personally. He's talking about an innocent man being put to death by sinners like me. And theologians want me to think God is happy about that? Omly a maniac would think that way.

That idea is total darkness.

Jesus was His old Name.
Phl 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jehovah was His old name, when the LORD was named Jesus coming in the flesh.

Rev 22:20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Jesus is still His name now and to come.

... I will write upon him my new name. Rev.3:12 KJV

Which is Jesus.

And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. Rev.19:16 KJV
Not new name. He is Jesus King of Kings and LORD of Lords.

I have no problem inserting "God" into Mt.1:1 and Mt.1:21 because Isaiah said, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isa.9:6 KJV
Neither do I.

I won't argue symantics bro
No problem. I just like to keep strict Bible discipline, so that I only argue what the Bible says, and not my own opinions about it.

I said I wouldn't argue semantics and here I an arguing how Jews regard the mane "YHVH" as " the Almighty God" and "Jesus" which means "Savior" which YHVH has been from beginning ti end. It's insane.

Anyone can very easily end this craziness by explaining to me how anyone who isn't saved survives coming in fire that touches everything in existence. Please if you have any sensible answer that agrees with every other Bible passage what is it?

It can't be done. It can only be done if Jesus' 1st coming includes His return as the Comforter. He defeated all evil by His Spirit and that is what is being described in Phili.2:9.
So called scholars took this truth and turned it into Jesus is coming to judge with a sword forged from minerals, not the one that comes from His mouth, but with a metal sword to hack unrepentant sinners to death with His "army from Heaven"

Instead of arming believers with the "sword of the Spirit" which is the word of God, rejoicing at the death of the old man, we can rejoice with Jesus at slaughtering "those other wicked people" like we used to be.

I'll tell you this my friends. If people think that was Gods' plan, then God sees no differently than sinful Jews who were waiting for the Messiah to kill the Romans, or so called christians who will rejoice that they no longer have to love people they always hated.

I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye. Eze.18:32 KJV

He absolutely loves the death of the old man as we all do, but death that results in the complete death of soul and spirit?
Anyone who follows that false doctrine cannot possibly know Jesus.

Our meek Savior only warned sinners of coming condembation. He never once as a "man under the law" out right condemned anyone.
Mat 23:24Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Luk 11:45 Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Master, thus saying thou reproachest us also. And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

Jhn 2:15And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

Our meek Savior was the LORD in the flesh, who had no problem condemning the guilty and defending the innocent, which is much of why the false rulers and teachers wanted Him dead.

Not coming to condemn the world, does not mean not exposing the condemnation of the world. The world was already condemned when he came, and His life and manner and doctrine showed when and how and why.

It wasn't until the cross that the Father commanded Him to open not His mouth, but rather to allow condemned sinners to condemn themselves to the uttermost, by falsely slaying Him.

Rom 7:13Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Was then Him which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by killing Him which is good; that sin by the commandment not to slay the innocent blood might become exceeding sinful.

If Jesus had opened His miuth to condemn This entire world (with the exception of people who already believed) woukd have been incinerated.
If the Lord had wanted to do so, He could have sent fire from heaven, as He will at the end.

And His disciples were no exception from His judgment when guilty.

Mat 16:23But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

The Lord Jesus Christ does not play favorites in judging the good and the bad deeds of men:

1 Peter{1:14} As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: {1:15} But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; {1:16} Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. {1:17} And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning [here] in fear:

2Co 5:9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences

Mat 7:21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 23:24Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Luk 11:45 Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Master, thus saying thou reproachest us also. And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

Jhn 2:15And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

Our meek Savior was the LORD in the flesh, who had no problem condemning the guilty and defending the innocent, which is much of why the false rulers and teachers wanted Him dead.
The passages you just cited show my Lord asking how they can escape. That's called pleading, not condemning.
Jesus warned of coming judgment if sinners didn't repent. Warning is not condemning. Jesus condemned no one.

Now show me in the passages you used as a proof texts where Jesus condemned anyone.

I just can't get over how ignorant I was of what the Bible actually says after I left organized religion and began really looking at it. I didn't understand there was never any place outside His kingdom.

His people inherit heaven and earth,
His Kingdom is in our midst in earth now.
Unless we're born again, see things in His Light we remain blind yo it like the Pharisees who asjex Him when His Kingdom would come. They expected to see the Kingdom of God come and He corrected their misunderstanding by saying it doesn't come with observation.

Only One did and His defense was,

.....in secret have I said nothing. Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have saidunto them: behold, they know what I said. Jn.18:20-21
Once they condemned Him worthy of death, He no more opened His mouth to defend calling Himself Christ the Son of God.

Mar 15:4 And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee. But Jesus yet answered nothing; so that Pilate marvelled.

Jesus was "delivered for our offences"
He was delivered for our offences to be repented of by His resurrection. Not for our offences to be forgiven and imputed to Him by His death.

Rom 4:25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
When understanding this, it's first necessary to know the context:

Who delivered Jesus to be crucified?

Mar 14:64Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

Mar 15:15And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified.

The unjust rulers, not God.

Who crucified Him?

Act 2:23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Isaiah{50:6} I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

The mocking crucifiers, not God.

Who believed He was rightly crucified by law of God?

Isa 53:4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
All sinners at the cross, not God.

Rom 4:25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

And so, He was delivered by the unjust, but raised again by God.

How then was He delivered by our offensive hands, and yet for our offences?

Gal 3:22But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Rom{11:32} For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Are all guilty of offence against Him at the cross? Yes. Are all justified by His resurrection? No.

Gal 3:13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Once again, who made Him a curse on a tree? Them that delivered Him to death by crucifixion, not God.

Are all guilty of making Him cursed on a tree? Yes. Are all redeemed from the curse of the law by His resurrection? No.

All that offend are guilty of His unjust crucifixion, and cursed by the law of shedding the innocent blood, but only them that repent of His blood and body on a tree, are justified by His resurrection.

And so, He was delivered by all offenders, but only delivered and raised again for them that repent of their offences against God and His Christ.

Dying because of offences makes all guilty, but dying for offences is only for them that repent by His resurrection.

The good lawman dies by the hands of the guilty, for the innocent, not for the guilty. The Lord died at the hands of all sinners, but only for them that repent.

He died by all the world's offences, but not for the offences of all the world that repent not. He was given to the world, and was crucified by the world, but He did not justify the world by His resurrection.

He was unjustly delivered by all of us that have sinned, but by His resurrection, He was delivered and died for our offences to be repented of.

1Jo 2:1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Rom 3:25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

He is the only propitation for sins, and of the whole world, but only propitiates them that repent to God, through faith in His blood to fogive and wash away sins.

Not faith in His natural blood, which no man believed was shed innocently at the cross. But faith in His blood of the Spirit by resurrection from the dead.

Jhn 6:53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Jhn 6:52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

Jhn 6:63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

to show His reluctance to destroy sinners who spit all over Him.
He showed His obedience to the Father, to submit to His crucifiers without defense nor offense:

1 Pe 2:22Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth. Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

The cause was to bring all sinners guilty under the law of shedding the innocent blood, and unbelief by all at the cross in Jesus the Christ and Son of God, including all His disciples and beloved one.

Why? So that any sinner could repent and be saved by faith in Jesus Christ the Son of God, not the Jew only, but also the Gentile.

Rom 3:28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

If any Jew or Gentile had stood for Him by law, then that one would have been justified with God by law, and faith by repentance would have been made unlawful and unjustified.

Jhn 7:51Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?

Mar 14:64Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

Since no man was justified by law for Jesus' sake, therefore by His resurrection justification is by faith of repentance:

Rom 3:31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

By repentance of His crucifixion contrary to the law, we establish He was unjustly crucified. Therefore, the law is established as just and true, while sinful man is rightly judged guilty under the law of shedding innocent blood.

In other words,

Friend 1 - "I made a big mistake beating that innocent man. Sure wish he was alive so I could ask forgivness."

Friend 2 - "Your wish came true.l
Exactly! Well, said. I like it.

By His resurrection, any man can reconsider His judgment at the cross. No longer esteeming Him smitten of God, but only by guilty and ignorant men.

Act 2:23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Act 2:37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Thanks much. I've been looking for a way to express it, and I'd like to use yours.

Abel did not provide such a 'do-over' for Cain, not Abner for Joab, nor any innocent man unjustly killed by unlawful means.

Only with the resurrection of Jesus Christ, can His killers repent and be forgiven by Him. Which is good, since all that have sinned against Him, are judged guilty of His blood under curse of the righteous law of God.

For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

This Scripture declaring the promise of forgiveness to His crucifiers is made to all generations of sinners, shows that all are imputed guilty of His innocent blood and likewise in need of the same promise.

Look very very carefully at Mt.24. The "abomination that brings desolation" is the rejection of God Himself being sinned against, rejected by the ungodly.
Dan 11:31And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

The rejection of the true God and Jesus Christ by atheists and false religion, is abomination, but not the one that is doing so in the sanctuary of God, and making His covenant desolate of godliness.

Rom 16:18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

2Ti 2:16But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

That is done only by false apostles, teachers, and christs, that are antichrist to His gospel of repentance unto salvation from sins.

Many stand where His holy place ought be on earth: Pulpits in the churches of God.

And the greatest abomination stands at the cross, imputing sin to the innocent Son, and imputing righteousness to themselves shedding His innocent blood.

All sinful hands are guilty of His blood at the cross, and only them that repent by His resurrection are washed in the blood of His quickening Spirit.

Last edited:
No we're not,
No one says saints in Christ Jesus are murderers.

Which is why murderers are guilty of condemnation, not correction. The same with any transgressor of God's law.

Murder is simply used by Scripture as a line of last resort, for any believers that think they are not condemned by their own transgressions.

1Jo 3:15Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Any transgression of the law can be inserted along with murder, whether theif, idolator, fornicator, drunkard...

Jas 2:10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

It also shows guilt with God begins in the heart, not with the act.

Mat 5:28But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

I thought we were starting to agree.
Not if anyone wants to believe that Christians are not judged guilty and condemned the same as the world, if transgressing with the world.

Scripture does not preach that saints cannot possibly ever sin again, but only if we do commit sin and transgress His law, we cannot possibly be sons of God at the same time, as making ourselves children of disobedience and the devil.

Eph 2:2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
1Jo 3:10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Not anyone doing works of the flesh, is a son of God.

1 Cor 6:9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

We are only as saved and justified as what we are doing, not just by what we are wanting to believe.

{2:24} Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Heb 10:38Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

No man is just by having faith alone, but the just are living by the faith of God.

And no man is believing and putting their trust in Jesus Christ, while sinning against Him.

You need to understand althought Jesus had every right to condemn sinners,out FORGIVE THEM FATHER (because they don't know ME. Moses and Stephen cried MERCY.
But not their blood. It's the innocent blood that God hears to condemn the guilty.

I've given the Scripture, that their prayers do not compel God to forgive the guilty, because He will not do so without repentance.

His righteous blood (life) cried MERCY,
I already understand it, and reject is as a favorite Christian saying, that sounds really compassionate and understanding, but is a lie against the truth of Scripture.

Rom 16:18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Scripture never says any righteous blood ever cries out mercy from the ground to the unjust slayers. But the opposite:

Mat 23:35That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Pleasing words of tradition please men, not God.

Gal 1For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

It's also how the cross of Jesus becomes inoffensive, rather than offensive to the guilty. An inoffensive cross does not lead to repentance unto godly living, but rather to more sinning with religion.

2Ti 2:16But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2 Cor 7:10For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Preaching Jesus' death on the cross with His blood crying mercy from the ground, may sound merciful and even make men sorry, but it's not the godly sorrow of the gospel of the cross, that first commands repentance from any and all sin nailing Jesus to the cross.

I believe it was more than just the body of Jesus that died, but the soul as well.
So you believe and say. Then by Scripture you must also say Jesus sinned against God, else His soul could not die to God.

Ezek 18:4Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

And you must also agree with the decieved, that He was therefore smitten of God.

Only the soul that sins dies to God. God is not an unjust Judge that imputes the sin of a soul upon the righteous, that sinned not.

Eze 18:20The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

The sacrifice was a pure, sinless, soul
Not if His soul died, which can only be by sinning against God. And so, one or the other must be believed and taught, not both. Either according to Scripture He knew no sin and died not to God, or against Scripture His soul sinned and died to God.

The sacrifice of His body and life on earth was to the Father, not to sinful man. He only submitted to man's sinful will by commandment of the Father.

Jhn 10:17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

His sacrifice of bodily death to the Father, would not be in vain, for He also would rise again by the same commandment of the Father. And by His resurrection, His death would not only be about sinners killing Him, as was Abel with Cain, but also His death woulkd be for them that repent by His resurrection and mercies' sake.

His natural shed blood and life on earth, condemned even greater an already condemned world of sinners. Only His blood and Spirit and life by resurrection can have mercy, and wash the repentant clean from His bloody death.

and not so much the physical body
It was His physical body that bore our sins against Him, not His soul. The body can bear the marks of unjust assault and execution, but the soul only bares the sin of one's own doing.

Unlike that of goats and bulls figuratively bearing the sins of sinners, the sin-bearer of God only bore the actual sins and abuses of sinners.

Neither was His natural blood sprinkled upon the cross to make atonement, as that of bulls and goats upon the altar. But only that blood of His eternal Spirit is sprinkled upon the soul that repents, to atone for our sins and trespasses against the Lamb of God.

1Pe 1:2Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

because physical bodies are inherently not sinful. It's the soul piloting this suit that determines what we do with it.
Very well said. Unfortunately it's become all too common for Christians to try and blame their bodies for any continued sinning, or at least make their own bodies partly responsible for sinning, as by 'sin nature' from birth.

The great lie is that all men and babes are made sinners, by the sin of one man coming before. It has 2 rejections of Scripture, 3 accusations against God and His Christ, and one pathetic excuse for sinning:

1. All men have become sinners, because all men have sinned and made themselves sinners.
2. All men that sin die to God, and so all men have died to God by their own sinning, not that of another.
3. No man is imputed guilty of the sin of another to die to God, including their parents. Otherwise, God is an unjust judge between the innocent and the guilty.
4. Christ still creates and makes all men in His image the same as Adam, and lightens every man coming into the world as in the beginning. Otherwise, Christ is the Maker of sin and sinners on earth.
5. God does not create man with sin predetermining them to sin. Otherwise, God is the Tempter with sin of all men sinning on earth.
6. No man can blame their body for what we do with our bodies, but only our own hearts and souls.

Back