Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who were the 144,000

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The conversation the disciples had with Jesus about (why parables) is the answer.
Isaiah 6, Matthew 13, Mark 6, etc.
Boy I got sloppy with those chapters.
Isaiah 6, Matthew 13, Mark 4, Luke 8

The parable of the sower is the way we understand why Jesus spoke in Parables.

Tradition just often leads us down a wrong understanding. Cutting down drought dead trees is stressful.

I made the statement as a teenager that I would never fool with Metaphysics.
And
Here I am looking at parables.
Physical facts of creation with a hidden truth.

Metabolic pathways in our body’s energy productiion are like wheels within wheels. Can I keep up with them all? No. Are they there? Yes. Why even consider them? Faith is complicated. Errors in Faith understanding give us problems. Genetics and Epigenetics go hand in hand. Do I get it all? Absolutely not, but I know that the faith without works is understood in that area.
Am I trying to make spiritual facts go away? No. Spiritual gifts are with us today. The physical healing Jesus did, was to show that spiritual healing is possible. The spiritual healing is the higher order reality, but it is tied to the physical.

Enough for now.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

One question I'd like to ask is, what do you think about them being "virgins not defiled with women"? It seems extremely misogynistic against women if you read it in a strictly literal
Ok let’s go here:
The Great commission:
His kingdom his new birth.
The priority is eternal life.
Not that human children are totally bad, but if our life is totally about the physical, we miss the eternal new man in Christ. Human birth is a type and shadow of the higher reality.

Satan tempted Eve with being like God. By Pentecost the ultimate reality is understood. We have his treasures in earthern vessels. He works in us to will and do of His good pleasure.
Our final transformation takes place at the last trump, and not here. Yes we are changed, but not totally,

Mississippi redneck l
eddif

Ok let’s go here:
The Great commission:
His kingdom his new birth.
The priority is eternal life.
Not that human children are totally bad, but if our life is totally about the physical, we miss the eternal new man in Christ. Human birth is a type and shadow of the higher reality.

Satan tempted Eve with being like God. By Pentecost the ultimate reality is understood. We have his treasures in earthern vessels. He works in us to will and do of His good pleasure.
Our final transformation takes place at the last trump, and not here. Yes we are changed, but not totally,

Mississippi redneck l
eddif
None of these have anything to do with the 144,000. Seems irrevelant.

The 144,000 may have been tasked with evangelizing the earth, but there is nothing in the text of Revelation that would suggest this.
The suggestion is from the division of twelve tribes into 12,000, this echos an OT formation of God's Army which implies these are being uniquely sent to conquer for the Kingdom:

1. Numbers 1:1-46 - A census of all the Israelite men aged twenty years and older who are able to serve in the army, tribe by tribe.
  2. Numbers 31:1-6 - This passage describes how 12,000 men, one thousand from each tribe, were sent into battle against the Midianites as God’s army.

Zechariah 8:23 kjv
23. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Because of the witness of the Jews in the dispersion, the nations are prepared for the later preaching of the Gospel.

You can find the blessing of nations that listened to Jews that mourned, and curses on nations that did not listen.

Pentecost tells of righteous men from the nations and converts from the nations. You just have to read the Prohets of Israel,

Mississippi redneck
eddif

The suggestion is from the division of twelve tribes into 12,000, this echos an OT formation of God's Army which implies these are being uniquely sent to conquer for the Kingdom:

1. Numbers 1:1-46 - A census of all the Israelite men aged twenty years and older who are able to serve in the army, tribe by tribe.
  2. Numbers 31:1-6 - This passage describes how 12,000 men, one thousand from each tribe, were sent into battle against the Midianites as God’s army.
I appreciate your post. Types and shadows of things to come /(implications) are not on some people’s radar.
Seeing seed DNA as a book inside a seed is not to some the same as scriptures.

How I wound up in symbolism is beyond my redneck understanding.

I lived in the literal for 12 long weary years. Suddenly I understood Jesus as the sacrifice. Then the two women as two covenants. I did not keep date records, but my seeing the new born again experience developed over time.

The disciples did not get parables at first (no matter what some believe). The door has to be opened to understand. I know Elihu thought man had it in them to understand (Eastern mystisim).

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I appreciate your post. Types and shadows of things to come /(implications) are not on some people’s radar.
Seeing seed DNA as a book inside a seed is not to some the same as scriptures.

How I wound up in symbolism is beyond my redneck understanding.

I lived in the literal for 12 long weary years. Suddenly I understood Jesus as the sacrifice. Then the two women as two covenants. I did not keep date records, but my seeing the new born again experience developed over time.

The disciples did not get parables at first (no matter what some believe). The door has to be opened to understand. I know Elihu thought man had it in them to understand (Eastern mystisim).

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Perhaps, not sure about that. But God exempted Elihu from criticism perhaps because he spoke better than his elders:

7 And so it was, after the LORD had spoken these words to Job, that the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, "My wrath is aroused against you and your two friends, for you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has.
8 "Now therefore, take for yourselves seven bulls and seven rams, go to My servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and My servant Job shall pray for you. For I will accept him, lest I deal with you according to your folly; because you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has."
9 So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went and did as the LORD commanded them; for the LORD had accepted Job. (Job 42:7-9 NKJ)

Perhaps, not sure about that. But God exempted Elihu from criticism perhaps because he spoke better than his elders:
Elihu spoke chapter 32-37
In anger against Job and his friends.
If you closely follow his text you spot wrong things.

Job 38:1 kjv
1. Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2. Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3. Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

God starts to talk to Job and says:
Who is this fellow that darkens counseling without knowledge.

God does not acknowledge Elihu.

Job and his friends are worked with by God.
God chastens them he loves.
Job’s friends were wrong, but God worked to correct them.

But Elihu he ignored.

Now I thought Elihu was great at one time myself. He was very religious sounding, but has no knowledge of God.

6 chapters of nonsense we sometimes hear today.
But
I am up to being proven wrong. I hear Elihu theology at times, but not from God.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Elihu spoke chapter 32-37
In anger against Job and his friends.
If you closely follow his text you spot wrong things.

Job 38:1 kjv
1. Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2. Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3. Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

God starts to talk to Job and says:
Who is this fellow that darkens counseling without knowledge.

God does not acknowledge Elihu.

Job and his friends are worked with by God.
God chastens them he loves.
Job’s friends were wrong, but God worked to correct them.

But Elihu he ignored.

Now I thought Elihu was great at one time myself. He was very religious sounding, but has no knowledge of God.

6 chapters of nonsense we sometimes hear today.
But
I am up to being proven wrong. I hear Elihu theology at times, but not from God.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
I just reread Elihu's words and must disagree with you. Elihu emphasizes the greatness, goodness and inscrutability of God, that purposes beyond reward and punishment that we cannot possibly know may lie behind His acts.

When God answers after Elihu it is almost like a "continuation" of some of the themes Elihu presents. Commentaries often note this, how Elihu "set the stage" for God's revelation He acts for reasons beyond our knowledge and understanding.

So I concluded God didn't include Elihu in needing Job's prayers is because He didn't deem what Elihu said as being sinful. God's comment about darkening counsel without knowledge was directed at the others.

But I confess to just reading the context, not studying it as I do the NT. So you could be right.

peace

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back