Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why America is MIA in the End Times

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I almost hesitate to post this, but reading through all seven trumpet sounds the word third caught my attention as to why only the third. I spent part of yesterday and today praying and seeking the Holy Spirit for understanding and well here is.

Why does God only allow a third of things to be destroyed in Revelations Chapter 8-11 during the seven trumpet sounds? The answer is, because the Church (body of Christ) is the other two thirds that are still here, whether alive or asleep in the grave. All these chastisements or Gods warnings from Revelation Chapter 8 up to Chapter 14 are to make the earth purified and to give all a chance to repent and come back to God before that of Christ return. Purification of the earth has to be made in order for the new heaven and new earth in order for the New Jerusalem, which is the Kingdom of God here on earth where we will have eternal life with the Father as we reign with Christ when He takes His Throne. We are not to fear that which will come from Gods chastisements which will be hard for us to bare to see, but pray for courage and fortitude to deal with Gods warnings as we continue in being that of the two witnesses of Revelations Chapter 11, which are God and the Holy Spirit working through us as we preach the word during this time for 1260 days (3 1/2 years) clothed in that which surrounds us that will be hard to bare to watch as in wearing sackcloth.

John compares the two witnesses to the two candlesticks and two olive trees, which if you read Zechariah Chapter 4 it explains that the golden candlestick is God. The seven lamps with the seven pipes that holds the oil (anointing), which is that of the seven Spirits of God: wisdom, understanding, counsel, knowledge, reverence, might and Spirit of the Lord. Satan has always tried to shut the word down and thought he did so when Christ was crucified, but in three days the word (Jesus) was made live again and made known to the Disciples first and then to the world through the commission he gave in Matthew 28:18-20 to not only the Disciples, but all of us as we witness Christ to others through His word as being His Church.

Rev 7 speaks of the 144,000 taken from the twelve tribes of the house of Israel. These are the lost sheep of the house of Israel, Matthew 10:6, who were scattered abroad in the Northern parts that the Disciples were told to go preach to. They and their generations that are still alive at this time of Gods chastisement God sets a seal on them, Revelation 7:1-3 to protect them from the third of everything that is about to be destroyed by Gods chastisements that are handed down by the angels. Jews and Gentiles, whom we being Gentile are sealed also, that will be preaching together will be like Paul and Peter as Paul was to teach the Gentiles and Peter to teach the Jews about Christ, Matthew 10:5-7; Acts 22.

These chastisements, or Gods warning that will be 1260 days=3 1/2 years will escalate as sin continues to surge as each trumpet that sounds will be worse than the other up to the seventh trumpet that is the worst one of all that ushers in the great and terrible day of the Lord, which is the return of Christ, 1Corinthians 15:52; Revelation 1:7. The reason it is called the great and terrible day of the Lord is because that of a continued chastisement after the seventh trumpet sounds that includes that of Revelation Chapter 12-14 where we the body of Christ are still here until that of Chapter 14 when at that time Christ returns in the clouds and sends His angels to gather the harvest for it is now ripe and every eye will see him, saint and sinner, and every knee will bow, saint and sinner, but for some it will be to late even if their knee bows as Christ has now returned in the clouds and within a twinkling of an eye the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we who are alive in Christ will gather together with them who slept as we are now given our glorified bodies to meet Jesus in the clouds and will evermore have eternal life with the Father.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Many will not have eternal life with the Father as they will stand in Gods great white throne judgment, Revelation 20:11-15, where their names are not found written in the Lambs book of life. They rejected Christ that was preached to them and will be cast into the lake of fire with Satan, the beast and the false prophet as they refused to accept the preaching of Christ done by the two witnesses, God and the Holy Spirit speaking through the Church (body of Christ) that are witnessing/preaching Christ to them. They have taken the mark of the beast as they have bowed down to the antichrist one world religious, economical and political system that Satan gave the beast its power, seat and great authority, Revelation 13.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/p...s-why-america-is-mia-in-the-end-times-129665/
In Agents of the Apocalypse, Dr. David Jeremiah, noted author and Bible teacher, takes a new approach to unpacking what is possibly one of the Bible's most popular yet confusing books — and he recently shared his thoughts on why America seems absent from the Book of Revelation and other prophetic writings regarding the eschaton.

Revelation, the final book of the Christian Bible, has long served as a source of inspiration and speculation for pulpits, printing presses, and movie studios. The colorful apocalyptic work is credited in the text to Jesus Christ's "servant John," also described as a prophet. John, not to be mistaken with Jesus' apostle, some scholars argue, tells of experiencing several visions, some of them related to future happenings, such as Jesus Christ's Second Coming and God's final judgment of the world.

Apocalyptic work by its nature reveals hidden or secret things, but, perhaps unlike John's original audience in the first century, modern Christians have long wrestled over possible meanings of Revelation's pervasive and perplexing symbolic imagery.

Dr. Jeremiah, 73, has written several prophecy-related books and was described by Tyndale House Publishers as a "noted prophecy expert." The Shadow Mountain Community Church senior pastor described to The Christian Post his unique approach to making Revelation approachable for readers of Agents of the Apocalypse: A Riveting Look at the Key Players of the End Times.

"We took 10 characters from the Book of Revelation and told the story of that book built around those individual characters or groups of characters and we introduced every chapter with a fictional element that drives this down into the hearts of people," the California megachurch pastor explained. "It's really been fun to see how it's opened up this book (Revelation) to so many people."

The characters and groups that begin each chapter of Agents of the Apocalypse, published in October, include "The Exile," "The Martyrs," "The Two Witnesses," "The Dragon," "The King," and several others, including the two "beasts," one from the sea and another from the earth

My friend America Is not absent from the end times if anything the states could possibly get it worse than another for the day of The Lord is upon all nations as you have done it shall be done to u

I think Dr. Jeremiah means that America as a nation is not specifically mentioned, although I may be wrong about him.

Anyone who knows me knows what will happen to America, and what I said ad nauseam about it. America is not only mentioned, it's very much involved its just that the bible doesn't call America by the name we are familiar with (Jeremiah 30:7), but after severe trial we will be saved out of it, and that includes the Jews in Israel and all over in addition to the Israelites. That's what I believe. In the meantime, don't think for one minute we'll be in the sidelines hiding and watching "things going on in the Middle East". Just for a heads up if one doesn't want to believe anything else so one is not taken by surprise.

I think Dr. Jeremiah means that America as a nation is not specifically mentioned, although I may be wrong about him.

Anyone who knows me knows what will happen to America, and what I said ad nauseam about it. America is not only mentioned, it's very much involved its just that the bible doesn't call America by the name we are familiar with (Jeremiah 30:7), but after severe trial we will be saved out of it, and that includes the Jews in Israel and all over in addition to the Israelites. That's what I believe. In the meantime, don't think for one minute we'll be in the sidelines hiding and watching "things going on in the Middle East". Just for a heads up if one doesn't want to believe anything else so one is not taken by surprise.

The only reason America is never mentioned by name in scripture is it did not exist at the time of all the writings that make up the Bible, but believe me you, it is very involved with those things that must come first before Christ return. I only wish that I could post it here, but it would go against the ToS, but it's very involved.

America has analogues in the bible, but so does most everything today. The differences always amount to the presence of Christianity in the world. The work of Christ really has changed the world, though it may not always seem that way to us through the noise of everyday life and strife. It is a global work in progress that mirrors the personal change Christ brings to our own individual lives.

I think Babylon is a condition spiritually.... Like Spiritual sodom and egypt. The great harlot is the one you are fornicating with. Partaking in the cup of devils and not the cup of the lord. It is a state of oppression and bondage to sin and self desires that Christ frees you from.

Once JESUS becomes the source of knowledge human experts, even the world, really lose their glitter. I rarely care any more to divine the details of revelations that God has chosen not to reveal. We are to have faith. God will show us and teach us what we need when we need it. For myself I am less than convinced by human endeavors (as they ebb and flow), especially if they are orchestrated by an expert or have the word 'expert' attached. And also not that interested in preachers. Would rather read the bible right now. It is where I am no offense to others who feel differently.

I think Babylon is a condition spiritually.... Like Spiritual sodom and egypt. The great harlot is the one you are fornicating with. Partaking in the cup of devils and not the cup of the lord. It is a state of oppression and bondage to sin and self desires that Christ frees you from.
Yes.
It is as if some find security and comfort in Egypt. As if human beings want security so badly that to them it is preferable to find it in the world than to undergo the enduring that faith demands. To walk with the Lord may not leave our material things all spelled out and all worldly problems solved; after all we are in this world but not of the world. so in a way some will prefer to continue the sin of pride, that is, to rely on their own resources (a bird in hand?) rather than trust in God's Will (wherein his full plan for us is not entirely revealed to us yet). Faith can subtly be replaced by Disobedience, a disobedience marked by a lack of faith and instead a taking matters into our own human hands, which is a form of reverting to the familiar comfortable 'egypt' - the world. But if we submit our lives and hearts to JESUS there is a peace and rest which fulfills our deepest desires and overcomes, surpasses any desires for the world or for worldly things (sin).

("Like posts #142-145-151)

America will play a part in end time events. But I do believe that America will be chastised hard for not continuing to support Israel.

Yes.
It is as if some find security and comfort in Egypt. As if human beings want security so badly that to them it is preferable to find it in the world than to undergo the enduring that faith demands. To walk with the Lord may not leave our material things all spelled out and all worldly problems solved; after all we are in this world but not of the world. so in a way some will prefer to continue the sin of pride, that is, to rely on their own resources (a bird in hand?) rather than trust in God's Will (wherein his full plan for us is not entirely revealed to us yet). Faith can subtly be replaced by Disobedience, a disobedience marked by a lack of faith and instead a taking matters into our own human hands, which is a form of reverting to the familiar comfortable 'egypt' - the world. But if we submit our lives and hearts to JESUS there is a peace and rest which fulfills our deepest desires and overcomes, surpasses any desires for the world or for worldly things (sin).

With all the types and shadows in the OT, it has occurred to me that this whole mark of the beast thing may just be the gentiles (egyptian) bondage? But not to worry, He'll part the Red Sea for us. :)

Pride may just be one of the hardest sins to overcome.

With all the types and shadows in the OT, it has occurred to me that this whole mark of the beast thing may just be the gentiles (egyptian) bondage? But not to worry, He'll part the Red Sea for us. :)

Pride may just be one of the hardest sins to overcome.
:) yes. he will part the Red Sea. It will be Big. interesting about the mark and bondage ; would you say more? I am new.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
From strongs for the word revelation
G602
ἀποκάλυψις
apokalupsis
ap-ok-al'-oop-sis
From G601; disclosure: - appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed, revelation.

This is true, everything that is in the Revelation of Christ is revealing that all these the mighty works in the Book of Revelation are from God Himself, they have to be, for God wrote the Book and told us how it would go.
All the angels that have been reserved for their times, down to the wars, to the loosing of Satan all of it for it is the disclosure of Christ as he is up in the clouds as we speak using the sWord in his mouth as the hailstorms, lightning strikes, earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, wars/sword that God is bringing upon disobedient mankind just as He wrote He would do when time is up.
The Jews expected a warrior and were deceived when he came as a Lamb and couldn't receive him for the most part. The church body are awaiting a Lamb of a husband to come down to get them, when he told us he is coming as a Lion warrior in the clouds, just as they said he would as he ascended into the cloud,and every eye is seeing him all over the world but many just don't recognize him.
1 Thess 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
KJV
Luke 17:22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.
24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
KJV
Matt 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
KJV
Matt 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
KJV
It has always been erroneously that he was going to flow down in glory with all the angels as we all stood in awe of him, but he is in the clouds now as we can see on Cnn nightly and in person depending where we live, with the Father's power, for the Word(Jesus) is the Right Hand of God and he is doing the mighty works of God fulfilling all that is written in the Book of his Revealing.
Hopefully he will find faith from us, and not fearfulness as those who have no one but man to turn to. Look up! He is here!!
Those worthy will be caught up to meet him in the clouds, but until then we are to do this:.

Isa 26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity
: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.
KJV

Jesus said when people say he is over here or over there don't believe it. I'm starting to think the same thing about Babylon the great from Revelation.

On the one hand America does fit the bill for the harlot who made all the kings of the Earth drunken with her filth and sorceries (technology/gadgets?)

On the other hand? Jesus said not to worry... If it is Babylon then so be it. We are not saved by works, we are justified by faith. Leaving a country = works

Romans 4:5 "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

n Agents of the Apocalypse, Dr. David Jeremiah, noted author and Bible teacher, takes a new approach to unpacking what is possibly one of the Bible's most popular yet confusing books — and he recently shared his thoughts on why America seems absent from the Book of Revelation and other prophetic writings regarding the eschaton.
I would suggest that America is not MIA in the book of Revelation, but is probably the 7-headed beast - the kingdom from which comes the Antichrist.

America in the Revelation:
"And I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten diadems, and on its heads names of blasphemy" (Rev 13:1 LITV).

The beast from the sea has seven heads; where the individual heads are representative of the 7 kingdoms that the LORD has raised up among the nations to bring Israel into captivity. Those heads are Egypt, Assyria, Babylon [Iraq], Medo-Persia [Iran], Greece, Ancient Rome under Caesar, and Revived Rome under Papal Roman Catholicism. Together those 7 heads comprise the Beast who is the USA.

Each of the 7 heads are represented in the architecture and geography of the National Mall in Washington DC, the Capitol of the Antichrist kingdom. The National Mall incorporates a cross comprised of 7 main buildings, each representing one of the 7 heads:
1. Egypt: Washington monument - Egyptian obelisk, Osiris' cult of phallus
2. Assyria: The Whitehouse - Nimrod's Palace, 1st mighty one
3. Babylon: Nat'l WWII Memorial - modeled after handing gardens of Babylon
4. Medo-Persia [Iran]: Reflecting Pool - patterened after Persian architecture of Taj Mahal, honoring Persian wife
5. Greece: Lincoln Memorial - Doric Temple to Zeus on Mt Olympus
6. Ancient Rome [civil]: Jefferson Memorial - Pantheon Temple in Rome, to all gods
7. Papal Rome [religious]: US Capitol Building - Temple of Liberty name given by congress, resembling St. Peter's Cathedral

1-7 together: the National Mall itself - a corrupted cross, perhaps the image of the beast; modeled partly after the Vatican in St Peter's Square which has an obelisk in its center.
America in an OT prophetic book:
"I was thinking about the horns. And behold! Another little horn came up among them, and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. And behold! In this horn were eyes like the eyes of the man, and a mouth speaking great things" (Dan 7:8 LITV).

I would suggest that the little horn is the kingdom of the USA, and the 3 horns that were uprooted are England, France, and Spain. Those 3 horns were uprooted in two ways:
1. England, France, and Spain were displaced geographically from territory within the USA as it was being formed.
2. England, France, and Spain fell from being a dominant world power as American presence increased in the world.

I thought my last post might have stirred up some commentary. What are your thoughts on it?

E Pluribus Unim - Out of many, one: perhaps a veiled reference to the Antichrist.

Just this past weekend I watched a sermon by David Jeremiah called "What on Earth is The Millenium?" He explained some of the different views, much of them I had not heard of before. It seems to be a disagreement with the order of events in the end times.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back