Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why didn't CHRIST invite doctors?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I was more thinking of the scriptures:

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."

Me too

1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

the implication i get from this passage is a spiritual healing is needed not so much a medical one...

Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
Act 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Here Is the context of that passage.

Matthew 13
13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:
‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with theirears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.’

sad030.gif

Me too

1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Ok, so this passage also points at spiritual illnesses being worse.

Yes with no pretending.

The spiritual and physical illnesses seems to work somewhat differently.

The spiritual illnesses seems to evolve during the entire life, yet physical ones are often acquired later. They are almost as a footprint.

But again, there are many spiritual laws that govern a human life, so that there are more dependancies, not just this one.

Matthew 9
12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

If going to the doctor is a lack of faith, why didn't Jesus say so? And why did Paul advise those with stomach ailments to drink a little wine for those infirmities instead of simply praying to have those infirmities removed?

1 Timothy 5
23 No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities.

:thinking
Matthew 9
12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

If going to the doctor is a lack of faith, why didn't Jesus say so? And why did Paul advise those with stomach ailments to drink a little wine for those infirmities instead of simply praying to have those infirmities removed?

1 Timothy 5
23 No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities.

:thinking
Thanks. I'm not against medical remedies. I'm only against the thought that God can't do this, doctors can. I'm totally against putting GOD second.

Thanks. I'm not against medical remedies. I'm only against the thought that God can't do this, doctors can. I'm totally against putting GOD second.

I don't believe going to a doctor can be interpreted as putting God second.

So if I were to see a doctor, would that mean my heart isn't right with God?
The Word says to go to God first, or He is not your Lord. When you were a child and something was up, did you say, well, I better go see my doctor and figure this out, OR did you go to Daddy and Mommy and tell them about it (not holding anything back or expecting to have to go anywhere else)? Now we're called God's CHILDREN, not His adults, so this also would indicate that as a much-loved child of the Most-High God, that He wants us going to Him first, with no secondary objective in mind, or expecting whatever God would do for you to fail or expecting that He either cannot or will not do it.
A backup plan means you expect the first to fail (it's being double-minded), and accordingly, as James puts it, the double-minded man shall expect to receive absolutely nothing of the Lord.

You can be saved and still not believe God for healing. It doesn't make you less saved or inferior to anyone else, but you can still miss out on the Covenant promises. See Jeremiah 17:5-8 to see that in action - both are Covenant people, both live in the same area, but only one receives what God has given through the Covenant, the other makes man his arm (flesh his arm; in other words, he looks to man to get his needs met).

With all that said, if you sincerely went to God as His child and called on Him to do as the Covenant promises and you resist that sickness or disease or problem, having bound the Devil already over it and you confess what God says in the Scriptures concerning you and He answers by telling you to go to the doctors, then do it.
(Though God already supplied you with the example through Jesus, showing that whoever believed He was the Christ, sent to them to heal them standing in the place of God, receiving Him as sent to them BY God to do what they need and want, He healed them ALL and never sent one to a doctor - I point it out, because HE said, in the Holy Bible, ALL things are possible to him who believes (that's why you see Him have a blind man stand before Him and ask him what he wanted Him to do, and then after the guy says I want to see, Jesus further asks, "Do you believe I can do this?"....now keep in mind, this man did not know anything about Jesus except He had heard He was David's son, the Messiah). He was persistent and did not give up, not caring what anyone thought - he knew this was his chance to receive the touch of the Messiah and SEE! And he wouldn't quit, his faith was in his heart AND in his mouth.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back