Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why didn't CHRIST invite doctors?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ever wonder how many so called faith healers wear contact lenses.. Years back Jimmy Swaggert and his glasses.... Some times on TV when they were singing you could see the dental work...

When a faith healer ( Dont mean for the term to be rude) clears the hospitals in his/her area they will have some credence....

Thanks. I'm not against medical remedies. I'm only against the thought that God can't do this, doctors can. I'm totally against putting GOD second.
Agree Classik
If those of healing faith were using that faith... they should be able to do as Peter did ..
Act 5:15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.
Act 5:16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

But Luke never healed anyone.
Why did scripture refer to him as a physician if he never healed anyone? (And, by the way, there is no evidence at all that Luke never healed anyone.) Or is that a mistake in God's word? If he never healed anyone, he WASN'T a physician so why does scripture refer to him as such?

You know, there is a big difference between being healed by a physician using medicine and medical techniques, and being healed supernaturally by God. These are two different subjects, but it seems some here are trying to make them the same thing by saying someone who goes to a doctor or takes medicine is weak in faith and is putting God second. That's simply not true. If we want to eat, are we also to wait for God to give us manna from heaven since He did that in the past too? Or because there have been contemporary accounts of God miraculously providing food to some people in some circumstances in a way that showed His glory? If we don't ask for and wait for manna, does that also mean we aren't putting God first? No, of course not! God gave most of us the ability to feed ourselves either through working and trading wages for food or by raising it ourselves. He rarely provides food for us supernaturally.

This is not different with healing. God has provided medicine and knowledgeable people to show us how to use the medicine or to heal us through medical methods. He expects us to take advantage of that. It's not a one way or the other situation. Just because someone takes a pill or goes to a doctor in no way says they are putting God second. Quite the opposite. It shows they are using the good sense that God gave them. And that doesn't mean they have weak faith or that they don't believe God CAN heal them. It just means that they are using what God has already provided for us before we go whining to Him to do it for us because we don't want to put out the effort to do what we can or because we want to brag to our friends about how "spiritual" we are because this supposedly shows that WE put God first and THEY don't!

I don't need to uninstall GOD from my life in order to seek ersatz alternatives. That should be a good reiteration and summary -

2 Chronicles 16:12;
"In the 39th year of his reign Asa was diseased in his feet, and his disease became severe. Yet even in his disease he did not seek the Lord, but sought help from physicians".

Job 13:4;
"As for you, you white wash with lies: worthless physicians are you all".

Mark 5:24-29;
..."and there was a woman who had a discharge of blood for 12 years, and who had suffered much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was no better but rather grew worse"...

Does anyone know any positive physician healing verses?

CHRIST didn't invite doctors... right? HE wouldn't need them...huh?

Some people believe Prayer may be okay but medicine does the healing. In fact they don't bother to pray in times of sickness. Their doctors are the solution.

Why didn't the sick people of those days run after doctors? They relied solely on JESUS for complete healing which medicine didn't provide.

How about today? Has CHRIST departed from us? Is that the reason why majority prefer hospitals? HE is with man - always.

This I think belongs in the health section, and when a person as myself starts answering this, you know it can blow up in a short time. So, I'll try not to get off onto my health/medical tangents, but first of all, I'm not sure what you mean by the question. The subject of Luke has been brought up, and he wrote part of the bible. So the premise is not altogether true.

I'll be more philosophical here. The whole key with doctors (then and now) is their attitude toward healing. As true doctor supplies the work and "ingredients" to the injury or illness, lets the body heal itself, and hopes for a miracle. It's more like seeing the body needing some help to start healing, or to nudge it in the right direction if it's not going that way. So it's more guidance and some modification to get the body working again is the best I can explain it. But the energy is from the body, you are just guiding it and letting it then do the work.

Now, what is the medical philosophy today? Instead of breakfast cereal commercials on TV, what do we see constantly in their place? I read somewhere that 70% of all medical costs are medications, and medical tests. Even today you hear the phrase coming from them, "There is no cure, we can only manage the disease" Translation: drug up the symptoms -- not a cubit added to one's life as Christ would say. One of the biggest treatments today are for invented illnesses where the person is not even sick usually where some sort of number is too high. They want half of the population drugged up for something to bring numbers in line.

Now, that's a broad-brushed stroke of the difference of the two philosophies. If a Christian can't discern the difference, then they don't have enough of the Spirit working in them to escape this worldliness that Revelation ultimately warns about. In that case, I say be a good citizen and go back to your cholesterol pills and Microsoft computer like most of the population instead of being a special "called out one". The administration would love you for it.

So if I were to see a doctor, would that mean my heart isn't right with God?

No, as I think. :)

Almost anything you do can be righteous or unrighteous, depending on your intentions.

For example if you think "my mom is dying and I need to stand by, although I am very sick, so I need to go to the doctor to stand by, otherwise who will take care of my mom"?

You see?

Alright, granny. He didn't prescribe med to help CHRIST heal patients...did he? LOL

No but God has....in one case Jesus used spittle mixed with a particular kind of clay to cure cataracts...in another God does not sure Hezekiah but commands Isaiah to make a poltice of dried figs for the mans boils...and take a little wine for our stomach...

This I think belongs in the health section, and when a person as myself starts answering this, you know it can blow up in a short time. So, I'll try not to get off onto my health/medical tangents, but first of all, I'm not sure what you mean by the question. The subject of Luke has been brought up, and he wrote part of the bible. So the premise is not altogether true.

I'll be more philosophical here. The whole key with doctors (then and now) is their attitude toward healing. As true doctor supplies the work and "ingredients" to the injury or illness, lets the body heal itself, and hopes for a miracle. It's more like seeing the body needing some help to start healing, or to nudge it in the right direction if it's not going that way. So it's more guidance and some modification to get the body working again is the best I can explain it. But the energy is from the body, you are just guiding it and letting it then do the work.

Now, what is the medical philosophy today? Instead of breakfast cereal commercials on TV, what do we see constantly in their place? I read somewhere that 70% of all medical costs are medications, and medical tests. Even today you hear the phrase coming from them, "There is no cure, we can only manage the disease" Translation: drug up the symptoms -- not a cubit added to one's life as Christ would say. One of the biggest treatments today are for invented illnesses where the person is not even sick usually where some sort of number is too high. They want half of the population drugged up for something to bring numbers in line.

Now, that's a broad-brushed stroke of the difference of the two philosophies. If a Christian can't discern the difference, then they don't have enough of the Spirit working in them to escape this worldliness that Revelation ultimately warns about. In that case, I say be a good citizen and go back to your cholesterol pills and Microsoft computer like most of the population instead of being a special "called out one". The administration would love you for it.

Thanks for this reply. Long time no see, Tim. LOL. Actually the question should be: Why didn't CHRIST 'involve' doctors. Typing gets messy at times...when the fingers are typing something else while the brain is giving another. I'm not against medical assistance. I'm against us being overly dependent on it, and forgetting all about GOD

I'm not against medical assistance. I'm against us being overly dependent on it, and forgetting all about GOD

What's the cutoff point? How many times can one seek medical assistance before they are deemed weak in the faith?

He did involved as least one doctor...

It is easy to forget other folks dont put God first ... Putting Him first in matters of health is what i grew up with...

We had a neighbor who's parents thought they put God first his arm had a extra bend in it...the fore arm had been broken and never set because his parents said God would heal it..
God sends healing in many forms...
sometimes all we need is rest...
a change of diet....
common sense...
a kiss from mom...
sometimes the medical field
how far do we take this is a band-aid denying the healing power of God? How about a cast on a broken leg?

You hit your thumb with a hammer most people stick the thumb in their mouth first thing... oops cant do that praying has to come first?
Where does our intelligence come from? I say it comes from God

2 Chronicles 16:12;
"In the 39th year of his reign Asa was diseased in his feet, and his disease became severe. Yet even in his disease he did not seek the Lord, but sought help from physicians".

Job 13:4;
"As for you, you white wash with lies: worthless physicians are you all".

Mark 5:24-29;
..."and there was a woman who had a discharge of blood for 12 years, and who had suffered much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was no better but rather grew worse"...

Does anyone know any positive physician healing verses?
Ah! I see where we see this differently now. We are looking at this from different perspectives. You are of the frame of reference that if something is shown as imperfect in the Bible we are to reject it altogether where my frame of reference is that if it is not prohibited we are allowed to use it as long as we recognize it's limitations and do not make an idol out of it. Your frame of reference is if God performed a miracle one time, that is meant as an instruction that this is the only way God wants that particular thing done and anyone who does not wait for a similar miracle in a similar situation is out of God's will and lacks faith. My frame of reference is that the miracles God performed were for the purpose of bringing glory to himself and demonstrating his power so people could know him (therefore they don't need to be repeated every single time) and also to sometimes take over where we as humans reach our limits and can not go further.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back