Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why didn't CHRIST invite doctors?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
CHRIST didn't invite doctors... right? HE wouldn't need them...huh?

Some people believe Prayer may be okay but medicine does the healing. In fact they don't bother to pray in times of sickness. Their doctors are the solution.

Why didn't the sick people of those days run after doctors? They relied solely on JESUS for complete healing which medicine didn't provide.

How about today? Has CHRIST departed from us? Is that the reason why majority prefer hospitals? HE is with man - always.

Modern medicine is leaps and bounds ahead of what was 2000 years ago. I don't know if what you state is a valid capture of what took place in the whole world in that day. That is everyone who was sick just prayed. I would think one would do both in this day and age. Pray and go to the doctor. Why not both? Once years ago I had a string of very bad colds in a row. Finally I cried out to the Lord in prayer. A little while after that prayer I was in the store getting something (I don't remember) but what I do remember was finding myself in front of the cold medicine and at that moment getting a loving touch from the Spirit. It wasn't what I asked for (the method of healing or healing) but I treasured the Lords love for me. To me God is not against medicine and doctors.

Randy

To me God is not against medicine and doctors.

If you find a person in need of help, badly beaten. You bring him home, rinse his wounds, bandage him, give him some water and food. Are you a doctor? You see?

Our world became oversophisticated, and therefore self oriented. We want to fight cancer and HIV. And when we win, we say "we did it". And be sure, new untreatables will come, even worse.

How about this?
Your diagnosed with cancer.
The doctor says, "we'll do surgery. we'll cut part of your body out of you".
Then he says, "we'll use radiation. We'll burn part of your body but it affects all of it".
Then he says, "we'll do chemotherapy. We'll inject poison into your bloodstream".
Then he says, "that should do it. If not we'll do it again".

Does any of this sound like it is of God?

Here is what baffles me! I was just reading a thread from another christian site, concerning a women with ---I think it was ovarian cancer. She went through numerous sessions with chemo AND lots of prayer from many. She came out of this free and clear. Not a trace of anything in the results of the tests. But the doctor talked her into taking another dose---just in case---b/c once having cancer you'll always have cancer. Her husband says that she will make the decision---she made the decision to take it. And he was fine with that decision---which is beyond me. Because now she is sick all over again!! Immune system is compromised.

Prayer pulled her out of it and the poison from the chemo...pulled her right back in!
What I say is ...once there is success---especially from the power of prayer---don't go back.

He would get all the glory (for healing)...not man.

~~~~
Allen....whoa...we were writing the same time on the same subject....lol!!!
right on in your post!

How about this?
Your diagnosed with cancer.
The doctor says, "we'll do surgery. we'll cut part of your body out of you".
Then he says, "we'll use radiation. We'll burn part of your body but it affects all of it".
Then he says, "we'll do chemotherapy. We'll inject poison into your bloodstream".
Then he says, "that should do it. If not we'll do it again".

Does any of this sound like it is of God?

How about this?

You provide scriptural evidence supporting your belief that doctors are to be avoided and that going to one is going against the commandments of God.

How about this?

You provide scriptural evidence supporting your belief that doctors are to be avoided and that going to one is going against the commandments of God.
I already posted that in this thread somewhere way back when.

I do not think Jesus was writing scriptures, Gary.

What about the Comforter? Would you accept a testimony from the Comforter? What does the Comforter tell you?

The Comforter tells me not to twist and mold scripture into something it isn't.

sad030.gif

All you posted were these, 2 Chronicles 16:12, Job 13:4, Mark 5:24-29, and they in no way support your argument.
How about this?

The Bible is the complete book of life for us.
Our manual while we are here on earth.
I can't find anywhere that says going to a doctor for anything is a positive thing to do.
On the contrary, I quoted negative Scripture.
If the Bible doesn't address jumping over a cliff to get rid of a headache, does that mean it's okay to do it?
Use some sense Gary.
"Do not inject poison into your veins, I am the Lord your God".
No, I can't find that anywhere, so I guess you are right and it's okay to inject poison into our veins.

Then do not twist. Right?

The scripture is not and answer book, the Comforter is.

You might want to write this down.

2 Timothy 3
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I know this is really petty, but you made this comment to me and I would like to know why. Why do you say that I do not seek the Lord continually? I'm not offended, I would just like to know why?

What leads you to believe that I didn't petition the Lord? What do you know about my situation that I don't?
Hello Gary, earlier in this thread I had said that the Lord wants you to seek Him continually (which would mean from that word that there is not a time/instance/circumstance/situation/issue to not seek Him). From your reply to that you made it sound like I was wrong, and you could go seek a doctor whenever something shows up with the body without seeking the Lord first (which is why I wrote that post to begin with).
Therefore, I wanted to address the seeming confusion that seeing a doctor is worthy of condemnation or being looked down upon or some nonsense from the Devil like that.
So to sum this up, I did not receive a word from the Spirit of Truth about your situation, and I do not claim to know about your life circumstances, but from all the fighting against the Scriptures I had put up about what seeking the Lord on everything means I did not take it that you were or had been seeking Him about your body before going to the doctors. That was my whole point.

I hope this is clear and free of all barbs and anything that could be misconstrued. Like I said, we're all part of the same Body and if any part of that Body hurts, then the whole Body feels that effect, which is why He wants His Body whole, healed, delivered, etc.
He says His people are destroyed or that they perish for lack of knowledge. Faith in God begins where the will of God is known, so if we know from the Scriptures that His will is healing always, then there must be a way to receive it in faith.

You know, most people think that just talking to God or praying automatically means they are doing so in faith. But that's not true. Otherwise, we would have been instructed to simply "pray" on any issue and then God would move, the word faith would never be mentioned, and Jesus would have told people, "because of your praying it will happen", but He said, "because of your FAITH it will happen."

Just like Bartimaeus standing before Jesus, a blind man, and Jesus asks what he wants Him to do for him...and the man says he wants to see, and then Jesus has to go further and ask "Do you really believe I can do this?" and Bartimaeus says "Yes!" and Jesus responds "because of your faith it will happen" (instead of saying because of your praying).

Faith is much more than people think, and there have been many times in years gone past that I thought I was in faith over something and then blamed God because I didn't get it, and all the while I did not KNOW that I was in the wrong. I was not in faith. My actions and words were not in faith either. And God was never to blame, the disconnect was on my end.

I came to a point after being saved for 10 years and always reading my Bible and going around praying for people, etc, that I cried out to God that I needed MORE, I didn't know what the 'more' was, but it was sincere.
The very next morning the Holy Spirit cancelled my first appointment and told me to turn on Channel 3 and I did, and there was Kenneth Copeland, saying the most wonderful things I'd ever heard - totally contrary to everything my church had been teaching me.
It is principally through the ministry of Kenneth Copeland these last 2.5 years that God has totally transformed our lives. All glory to Him! We watch The Believer's Voice of Victory broadcast pretty much daily, for free, on KCM.org
I cannot recommend them enough. God bless you, Gary.

The Bible is the complete book of life for us.
Our manual while we are here on earth.
I can't find anywhere that says going to a doctor for anything is a positive thing to do.
On the contrary, I quoted negative Scripture.

You quoted scripture that had the word physician in it. I can't see anything in those 3 verses that can be taken as a commandment. Not even a hint.

If the Bible doesn't address jumping over a cliff to get rid of a headache, does that mean it's okay to do it?
Use some sense Gary.
"Do not inject poison into your veins, I am the Lord your God".
No, I can't find that anywhere, so I guess you are right and it's okay to inject poison into our veins.

I prefer to use the Word. It's more reliable.

You might want to write this down.

2 Timothy 3
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Even Paul does not call the scripture an answer book. Yet you can profit, so.

With love.

You quoted scripture that had the word physician in it. I can't see anything in those 3 verses that can be taken as a commandment. Not even a hint.

I prefer to use the Word. It's more reliable.
I think you're just trying to get me aggravated.
You seem to be very good at it.
But now that I know your motive, I won't let you win.

Even Paul does not call the scripture an answer book. Yet you can profit, so.

With love.

That's probably because at the time there was no book. He did however say that "all" scripture was profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction.

Just like Bartimaeus standing before Jesus, a blind man, and Jesus asks what he wants Him to do for him...and the man says he wants to see, and then Jesus has to go further and ask "Do you really believe I can do this?" and Bartimaeus says "Yes!" and Jesus responds "because of your faith it will happen" (instead of saying because of your praying).

Yes, Amen.
Ya know the scripture in 2Chronicles say a lot. Just right there in plain sight.
When Jesus would say something or explain something so plainly...the pharisees were there arguing with Him because they "did not believe" or they just didn't want to.
Even though I believe that it is okay to go to the doctor's for things like broken bones, car accident,, etc., I still believe going to Him as my physician for so many other things because He is our physician, He is trustworthy and faithful to heal us. He came to heal the sick, broken hearted, and setting the captives free. God created us, how can we not trust Him to heal us for things that we don't need a physician for---like colds, infections, cancers, diseases.

2Ch_16:12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.

Back