Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why didn't CHRIST invite doctors?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
...Do you ever get ill for more than a moment?....

Seems like we are seeing the same thing repeating itself here that is seen so many other times. Someone comes along and promotes some off the wall idea claiming it is backed by scripture and anyone who doesn't agree with them is obviously in denial, lacking faith, etc, etc. They support their idea with scripture that is almost always taken out of context, or misinterpreted, or exaggerated and added to in some way, and when asked direct questions about how this idea of theirs is working in the reality of their own life, the fallacy is exposed so they ignore the questions, refuse to answer, make excuses, or make some statement that looks like an answer but in reality never answers the question directly.

It's not usually that they woke up one morning and decided they would make up some kind of false doctrine and go around teaching it to everyone else. Usually they have been around groups that believe these same things and they have just fallen into it for so long they truly believe it. These people have been taught for a long time that anyone with a differing view is at best just a weak and faithless second class Christian that just doesn't understand. It doesn't matter if that disagreeing person is a new Christian or an established mainstream theologian. They aren't trying to be evil or teach lies. It's just that when they get outside of their own circle of friends and are exposed to mainstream understandings, they just wont accept what they hear so they respond by retreating into silence when they can't find an answer that fits their long held beliefs.

Last edited:
That was a miss representation of my intent, the title. You didn't read the entire posts, did you? If you did you'd notice I made the correction clear.

I believe all of this can be cleared up using a comparison with tongues.
The controversy the Devil tries to bring with tongues is trying to convince people that there is only 1 kind of tongues (the gift (or spiritual) of the Holy Spirit to deliver a message to the local body of Believers from God directly, and then someone interprets with the other gift) instead of realizing that Jesus said ALL Believers would speak in tongues in Mark 16 and Paul spoke of the same and you see in Acts it was the most important thing to the Apostles when they found some new Believers, and they would all receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit Jesus spoke of in Acts 1 and that John the Baptist spoke of Jesus doing in Matthew.

It is the same with faith for healing. I may elaborate if I am not being clear.

Not taking sides, but FWIW, I didn't really read any of Rodains posts as sleights. More along the lines of conviction. He believes what he speaks. It is hard at times to get any real inflection in conversation on the internet. Peace brothers...:)

Not taking sides, but FWIW, I didn't really read any of Rodains posts as sleights. More along the lines of conviction. He believes what he speaks. It is hard at times to get any real inflection in conversation on the internet. Peace brothers...:)

Thank you, Edward. It's true, it is conviction. And yes, inflection is somewhat tough to communicate online.

Faith has been dealt to every reborn man, but faith is not necessarily in use at all times amongst all reborn men.
Once I heard Keith Moore telling a story about when he was teaching at Rhema for Kenneth Hagin, and his car battery went dead and he was out waiting for a tow truck, when 2 of his students came by and saw him. And they asked him what he was doing and he replied. They then asked why he didn't just use his faith and speak to the car battery and command it to live in Jesus' name.
#1 he pointed out it was disrespectful for them to speak to their teacher like that, so curtly, BUT,
#2 he told them that thanks to something the Lord showed him not that long before this, he just didn't have it in his heart at the moment to believe God for that. And so he took the tow.
He elaborated saying that the Lord had told him if would get more selective about when he used his faith, he would be more effective when he did. Meaning, that when he had used, or thought he had used, his faith in the past and something didn't come to pass, he noticed it had a negative effect on his faith, so the Lord spoke that to him about making sure he really had it in his heart (faith) when he was going to release his faith on/for/in something.

I have noticed the same thing, and have been enacting this as well.

If someone has not built up their faith to believe for healing in a certain area, it doesn't mean they are less of a Christian or have less of the measure of faith (for God has already said in Romans that EVERY man has BEEN dealt THE measure of faith, meaning all reborn men got the same amount, and now it is up to us build it up by hearing the Word of God in whatever area (faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God (so reading the Word (aloud) and hearing faith preaching))), it just means they are not believing God in a particular area. It doesn't mean they are any less saved.
You are either saved or not saved, there are no degrees of being saved. There are types of faith however.
Jesus described certain degrees: no faith, little faith, faith and great faith (the last one being the Roman Centurion, who had greater faith than anyone born into the line of Israel ever to that point (even David, Elisha, Elijah, Abraham, etc) because He said of all the house of Israel).
And these were used to describe God's own people, including His own disciples.

Faith (with confidence) for healing will not come without revelation of God's Word concerning healing and the understanding of God's will (He has told us ALL (all Believers), His will is 100% healing 100% of the time - that's what He is offering and has already secured (back to Gal 3:13-14, 29, 2 Cor 1:20, Exodus 23:25-26, Isaiah 53:4-5, Matthew 8:16-17, Jer 30:17, Jer 1:12, Psalm 89:34...).
If God is the same yesterday, today and forever then healing is always His will, beyond the Scriptures I already gave above - how can God say He is the Lord Who heals you, but not heal you? That was given in the Old Covenant, and since we are now in a better covenant with better promises and terms (according to Hebrews), then EVERYTHING given in the Old Covenant would have to be included in the New Covenant PLUS more, or else the New Covenant would, by definition, be inferior to the old one.

Healing is yours, it is your bread, always; God has established His will and given it in His Word, and like dynamite, is only waiting for your faith to light the fuse.
Also remember that words can undo everything and anything you take by faith (Mark 11:24, you TAKE (the Greek word for receive there means literally, take) what things SO EVER YOU desire (not God, you) and that would include healing, so you have to take it, like taking possession of a good you buy in a store - you don't leave it there on the counter after you buy it and walk out).

If someone has not faith for healing or speaks against it, they should get medical attention, absolutely. And taking medicine does not mean you cannot have faith or build it up in this area. Start listening to faith preaching on faith, read the promises in the Word, declare them, TAKE them, like medicine :) After all, Proverbs 4:20-22, the word for health there is "medicine", so God's Word is literally medicine to ALL your flesh. Powerful.

And lastly, as for being healed by His stripes already. You must see every sickness and disease and pain as an attack against you. You are not the sick trying to get a healing, you are the healed and Satan is trying to steal your health, putting junk on you, seeing if you'll agree with it and accept it. If he can get you to confess it, it'll stick, until you get rid of it with God's Word. (Proverbs 18:20-21 - words are containers for either life or death (and connected with Deut 30:19, also blessing and cursing)). Satan is the source of every sickness and every disease, God is never putting that trash on you, it's the Devil, and it's all an attack. Be proactive, lay down a blood-line of the Blood of Jesus all around your house, on every window and door and on every family member, declare Psalm 91 and 103 over your family and household. Life is in your mouth, and when you speak God's Word, in faith, the result will be good, very good.

And, being healed by His stripes already doesn't mean a Christian can never have a symptom of anything or whatever, in the same way being redeemed from poverty doesn't mean that a Christian cannot still be poverty-stricken, etc. It means it is a finished work and it's available, but it's not automatic.
When Jesus brought the net-breaking, boat-sinking load of fish for Peter did the fish jump in the boat? It was available. All Peter had to do was believe it and take it. Was Jairus' daughter automatically raised from the dead because Jesus COULD? No, it was available, but Jairus had to stay out of fear and stay in faith and take his little girl's miracle. Do farmer's crops jump into their barns? They are available, but the farmers have to go reap 'em.

Probably the best biblical example would be how AFTER coming into the Promised Land, flowing with milk and honey (good eating back then), only 5 of the 12 tribes, FIVE!, used their faith and took possession of what God said was theirs, especially Judah, the praising, faith-talking bunch.
The other 7 had to get a talking-to from Joshua about what in the world was the hold-up and why they, because of their unbelief (see Hebrews 3 and 4, plus Joshua 17-19), had yet to go what God had promised them. The key: IT WAS NOT AUTOMATIC even though it was God's will! That needs to be seen and understood, and we need to avoid their mistakes. 1 Corinthians says their mistakes were recorded so that we would not repeat them, and Hebrews 3 and 4 tells all about it, how to stay out of unbelief and through faith and patience inherit the promises of God.

Also consider that salvation, though God's will for all mankind, is not automatic, even though it's bought and paid for with Jesus' blood - you have to believe it and confess it and thereby take it. Healing is the same, prosperity is the same, victory is the same. Just don't let people or the Devil talk you out of it or try to outlast you.

His will is 100% healing 100% of the time
IF this is true as you understand it if it is His will then no one is ill no one has a broken bone etc,. That is unless you believe God's will is subject to man.

What does seek the Lord continually mean to you? It sounds like you are looking for a justification to not do this. And that is between you and the Lord, I am not your judge, but I would ask Him how you could seek Him continually and for Him to lead you into that. God does not want us compartmentalizing our lives and deciding which parts He can be a part the Lord of...
Show me from the Word where it states that it is a sin to seek medical attention. Show me where it states that doctors should be avoided and that if I should seek a doctors service, it is a sign that I am putting my trust in someone other than God.

Back