Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do you seek and desire to lose your salvation?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
They often condemn others for their work.

quote end

Thank you soma,

I am just disgusted about how many churches condemn faithful Christians doing good works by saying they are trying to earn salvation by works.

How wrong they can be and such a disgraceful statement to the Lord! Our main mission for Him is to be good witnesses for Him and most churches dont practice or respect it.

Main reason why they spread this kind of lie is because most churchegoers are not interested in following His teachings and most churches are accomodating their feelings and desires in order to keep them to their churches. How awful!!

gingercat said:
They often condemn others for their work.

quote end

Thank you soma,

I am just disgusted about how many churches condemn faithful Christians doing good works by saying they are trying to earn salvation by works.

How wrong they can be and such a disgraceful statement to the Lord! Our main mission for Him is to be good witnesses for Him and most churches dont practice or respect it.

Main reason why they spread this kind of lie is because most churchegoers are not interested in following His teachings and most churches are accomodating their feelings and desires in order to keep them to their churches. How awful!!

The reason they say that is because so many people claim we can lose our salvation. If people didn't claim that, then there would be no problem. But they do. And that is what's disgusting.

Heidi said:
The reason they say that is because so many people claim we can lose our salvation. If people didn't claim that, then there would be no problem. But they do. And that is what's disgusting.

This is just a lame excuse. You want to put down faithful ones. Shame on you.

gingercat said:
Heidi said:

It's not an excuse, it's a fact. And it's also a fact that virtually every sermon in every church talks about our works. So your statement is a falsehood. I'd suggest you focus more on showing love for God instead of wanting credit for your good works. True Christians don't keep track of their good works, they just do them. :)

Heidi said:
gingercat said:
Heidi said:

It's not an excuse, it's a fact. And it's also a fact that virtually every sermon in every church talks about our works. So your statement is a falsehood. I'd suggest you focus more on showing love for God instead of wanting credit for your good works. True Christians don't keep track of their good works, they just do them. :)

You don't appreciate good works. And you don't want to know any one doing good works because that makes you feel guilty. Instead of finger pointing at them, praise the Lord for their good witnesses.

Do you know that Billy Graham often comments that most churchgoers are not committed christians? those uncommited one are OSAS supporters.

gingercat said:
Heidi said:
gingercat said:
Heidi said:

You don't appreciate good works. And you don't want to know any one doing good works because that makes you feel guilty. Instead of finger pointing at them, praise the Lord for their good witnesses.

Do you know that Billy Graham often comments that most churchgoers are not committed christians? those uncommited one are OSAS supporters.

How can one possibly be thankful if he doesn't think he's saved? :o What in the world would he be thankful for??? :o Your judgmentalism and ignorance speaks for itself. You have zero idea what good works I do because I don't brag about them, nor do I have any desire to list them for anyone, least of all, you. Jesus tells us to give with the left hand without the right hand knowing what it's doing. So I'd suggest you follow his advice for once. I'm sorry you have such doubt about your salvation but i can see why you do. If I had your fears, I'd doubt my salvation also. Only those who have faith in God, not in themselves live to glorify God, not themselves. Therefore, since you are coming from the sin of pride, not humlity, then further conversation with you will be pointless.

One of the major differences between the Christian faith and others is the doctrine of eternal security. If you believe you can lose your faith, then you don't fully believe in the redeeming act Christ did on the cross.

Colossians 3:3 says that you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. Show me a verse where it says we can get our lives back so we can lose it to the world.

Philippians 1:6 says that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. If God began the work in you it's over. He will conform you to the image of His son. Consider it done.

1 Corinthians 1:8 says that God will confirm us to the end, blamelss in the day of our Lord Jesus. Even the highly wacked out Corinthians were confirmed to the end.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says that you are not even your own because you have been bought at a price.

My question is if you have been bought and that you are not your own, and that your life is hidden with Christ, and that if God begins a good work it is guaranteed he will make you perfect and confirm this to the end, how is it that a believer in Christ can lose their salvation?? People who believe they can lose their salvation usually avoid these clear passages in scripture. I thank the Lord for choosing me to be a vessel of his mercy. God wants us to have confidence in what his son has done for us, establishing a hope that doesn't lead us to uncertainty but rather assurity.

shaitiger said:
If you believe you can lose your faith, then you don't fully believe in the redeeming act Christ did on the cross.
Thanks - goood to see someone understands this - good point.

God bless

gingercat said:
AVBunyan said:
gingercat said:
Salvation is not one time confession. It is life long loyalty to Him. He tells us that if you love Him keep His commandments. If you stop keeping His commandments you will lose it. This is so simple. OSAS is just gimmick to give people false assurance. :roll:
One thing about you ginger is that you sure do prove conclusively your point with scripture and sound reasoning :roll: :roll: :roll:

AV,

What did I say that not biblical? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Heck, let's try for a pyramid. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Seriously though, I believe salvation is a life-long endeavor. You can gain it just as easily as you can lose it. Christ demonstrates this with the parable of the farmer scattering seed. Some were choked by thorns. Others were eaten by birds, etc. I think that this illustrated new believers having their faith destroyed. I, myself, have spent the last month or more trying to maintain my faith under intense fire with little ammunition at times. At any rate, correct me if I'm wrong on that parable.

If time is a sort of fourth dimensional sphere or plane that can be navigated, then I do think that there are those destined to hell (by their own choices they made in a certain timeline) and there are those destined to paradise (by their own choices they made in a certain timeline). I believe in freewill-based destiny. We choose our own destinies but they were determined before the beginning of the world by ourselves. Might be a fallible concept, but I hold to it at the moment.

Packrat said:
gingercat said:
AVBunyan said:
gingercat said:
Salvation is not one time confession. It is life long loyalty to Him. He tells us that if you love Him keep His commandments. If you stop keeping His commandments you will lose it. This is so simple. OSAS is just gimmick to give people false assurance. :roll:
One thing about you ginger is that you sure do prove conclusively your point with scripture and sound reasoning :roll: :roll: :roll:

AV,

What did I say that not biblical? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Heck, let's try for a pyramid. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Seriously though, I believe salvation is a life-long endeavor. You can gain it just as easily as you can lose it. Christ demonstrates this with the parable of the farmer scattering seed. Some were choked by thorns. Others were eaten by birds, etc. I think that this illustrated new believers having their faith destroyed. I, myself, have spent the last month or more trying to maintain my faith under intense fire with little ammunition at times. At any rate, correct me if I'm wrong on that parable.

If time is a sort of fourth dimensional sphere or plane that can be navigated, then I do think that there are those destined to hell (by their own choices they made in a certain timeline) and there are those destined to paradise (by their own choices they made in a certain timeline). I believe in freewill-based destiny. We choose our own destinies but they were determined before the beginning of the world by ourselves. Might be a fallible concept, but I hold to it at the moment.

Packrat, I like your piramid :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

We have Christians who voice, shout, and brag that they are saved, but are really obnoxious, kooky, silly, rude, evil and violent hypocrites. We have Super-Christians who are accused of war crimes, torture, of imprisoning children and raping them. We have these Christians who say they are saved and people want to criticize Christians who do good works, who want others to cloth the naked to feed the hungry as Jesus said. What we do to the people in need we do to Jesus. Doing good work is praising the Lord

Back