Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do you take the risk of eating murdered animals?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I haven’t seen any scriptures from you that indicate eating meat is morally wrong.. If you have a scripture that indicates eating meat is morally wrong then please post it for us to see.
You can find my comments in these posts:

So if you don’t believe it’s morally wrong for the Lord to eat meat
I didn't say that though. Why do you think I have made any judgment as to whether it is or isn't morally wrong, when I told you that I'm forbidden from making that judgment?
why do you believe it’s morally wrong for His people to eat meat?
That's a loaded question. Could you rephrase the question so that it represents my views correctly?
Ok, what did the cows and fish say about it?
Obviously I wasn't there so it would only be imagined. I can only go by what I have seen in any case.
Here is what the scripture tells us to do, with our lives —

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. Romans 12:1

Do you believe people protest being a living sacrifice or that they do so willingly?
Well the fact that he had to beseech them shows that they aren't doing it willingly to start with, and he goes into detail through the next three chapters with examples of things that they would need to give up. Because it is a one-way letter, we don't actually get to see the way they responded to it, so we can't very well speculate as to whether they did protest or not. Some of the things he has listed in Romans 12-15 are understandably attractive to a person who has become accustomed to them, and could be a bit of a challenge to resist, so I'd say that it probably depends from person to person.

I woke today to tragic news of the passing of a dear young orca whale that the people have been devoted to helping:

and one of the thoughts I had was "why do they go to so much trouble for one type of fish, but other types of fish they will simply rip the hook from and throw it back without so much as a thought?". Then I watched the video in that link, and I saw how personable the orca is, how they are talking to it and it is talking back to them. The way he communicates is the same way a dog might communicate and that's something that the other types of fish don't really have so much.

It got me thinking, because obviously they are making their decisions of value based upon the way the animal makes them feel emotionally. So I wondered then that it probably isn't so much the sentience or awareness that makes them choose to give one type of animal more respect than another, but their own ability to understand that animal's point of view and sympathise with it. That's what causes them to feel empathy or not.

She didn't like it. She was trying to get away from them but the three of them were chasing her and grabbing her aggressively and they overpowered her.

What made you form that belief?

Oh. Well maybe she playing hard to get?

Where did I get that belief? Come on Brother, surely you jest. Rape and sexual sins are immoral criminal acts that are perpetrated by humans alone. Animals are not subject to law or morals and operate mainly by instinct. You can't apply human societal behaviors to animals and even dream of being right about it. To illustrate:

You say they were trying to gang rape a duck in the park and you saved her? Did you call the police and make a report so they can start an investigation into the attempted rape? Were they arrested and charged, or are those fiendish lustful ducks still on the street?

Last edited:
Then I watched the video in that link, and I saw how personable the orca is, how they are talking to it and it is talking back to them. The way he communicates is the same way a dog might communicate and that's something that the other types of fish don't really have so much.

Didn't they have a Gorilla that taught sign language to, a few years back? I remember parts of that. I think they asked him how he would help the world or something like that, and the gorilla signed back, koko love the earth earth is good. Man is stupid man should love the earth...
Or something like that if I remember right.

She didn't like it. She was trying to get away from them but the three of them were chasing her and grabbing her aggressively and they overpowered her.

What made you form that belief?

The way I figure it, man is not capable of murdering an animal. because they are animals. You see, when man fell and sin entered the world, there came a curse upon man and the entire earth. By the sweat of his brow is the only way to live now. That same curse extended to animals and no longer did the lion eat hay. So the point is, life got harder for man and animals to live.

Do you know what happens if you help a butterfly out of it's cocoon? It happened, not to me but I read about it. Someone was camping and wandering the woods and came across a cocoon on a tree and it was wiggling and he realized that it was the butterfly trying to hatch. Now the hero of this story is pretty nice guy at heart so he had the urge to help the poor little butterfly get out. So he pulls out his little pen knife and carefully not to hurt the butterfly managed to slice the cocoon open lengthwise. Then spread it open so it could out.

At this point he thought to try to take a quick picture but knew he didn't have time once it comes out it's going to fly away, cuz here it comes. And the butterfly got out, stood up and took 2 or 3 steps and then fell over on it's side. The butterfly flopped around a little bit and then stopped moving. It in fact died right there.

The butterfly died because it was too weak to fly or live. It needed to be able to claw it's way out of that cocoon on it's own because while it would have been difficult, it would have made it strong, and then it would have lived.

So the moral of that story is do not interfere with the affairs of Ducks and Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I would help an animal that needed help, a drowning baby deer or an injured animal who played too close to an interstate highway, or something of the sort. But not if the animals are bickering among themselves, or doing some mating ritual. That's a good time to leave them alone to their own way of life on earth by the sweat of their brow.

Once the Lord returns and restoration is made the curse will be lifted off of the earth. Then the lion will eat hay again and little kids will play in cobra dens...and the ducks wont be roughing each other up so much. ;)

God does not command us to kill as far as i know. So it is very difficult to understand why any Christian want to risk everything for a burger. We have no way of knowing if some parts of the Bible has been manipulated to trick us into doing evil. Animals want to live to. It´s against their free will when we kill them. Eating meat is far riskier than not eating meat.

God does not command us to kill as far as i know. So it is very difficult to understand why any Christian want to risk everything for a burger. We have no way of knowing if some parts of the Bible has been manipulated to trick us into doing evil. Animals want to live to. It´s against their free will when we kill them. Eating meat is far riskier than not eating meat.
Peter was commanded to "kill, and eat" the "beasts" in the big sheet lowered from heaven...before he went to the home of Cornelius in Acts 10.
So you are accusing Peter of sin...not to mention He who commanded Him to eat.

Peter was commanded to "kill, and eat" the "beasts" in the big sheet lowered from heaven...before he went to the home of Cornelius in Acts 10.

Seems like there are different opinions.

"For hundreds of years Christians have interpreted Peter's vision as God's permission to kill and eat any animal, which it is not. It is a vision to let Peter know that he and other Jewish-Christians were permitted to enter the homes of the Gentiles to bring them the Good News of Jesus Christ."

"For hundreds of years Christians have interpreted Peter's vision as God's permission to kill and eat any animal, which it is not. It is a vision to let Peter know that he and other Jewish-Christians were permitted to enter the homes of the Gentiles to bring them the Good News of Jesus Christ."
If the example of "animals" is used for people, doesn't it stand to reason that both must be clean enough to eat/fellowship with?
If Gentiles can be allowed into the "body" of Christ, why can't the animals used to symbolize them also be allowed into our bodies?

If it is a sin to you to eat meat...don't eat meat.
It isn't a sin to me though.

Peter didn't see it as being a command to kill and eat though. If you look at the text you will see in verse 14 he says "certainly not!". It happened three times, which means that he resisted three times. Then, as we know that if a third request does not succeed then any subsequent requests are useless. So the sheet was pulled back up to heaven.

Acts 10:17 shows that Peter was trying to understand what the vision meant, which tells us that he didn't believe that he was to begin eating unclean meat. In Acts 10:28 he actually says that he has interpreted the vision to not be about unclean meat but people. He is not to consider them unclean whom God has made clean.

That is really sick. I already told you that her boy duck came over afterward and they were both thanking me for intervening.

Why? Lots of animals have weird behavior in mating season. There may be a better name for it than ritual but I couldn't think of one so just said ritual, and it sort of is loosely speaking.

Don't you watch nature documentaries? Most of them get out and fight with other animals to show off who is stronger and so has better genes to pass on to her brood.

So for all we know, when you interrupted them, you prolly chased off the stronger ducks who had better genes but you chased them away so she had to settle for the sedentary duck...and her chicks were born with downs syndrome because she didn't have a stronger gened duck?

Jokes aside, you seem like you have a nice heart. Compassionate. But I'm guessing that you are not an animal behavior expert...so you really don't know if you had interfered with the ducks mating things that they do. You were clearly trying to help and while that is commendable, you *might* have caused more damage than good.

Why? Lots of animals have weird behavior in mating season. There may be a better name for it than ritual but I couldn't think of one so just said ritual, and it sort of is loosely speaking.

Don't you watch nature documentaries? Most of them get out and fight with other animals to show off who is stronger and so has better genes to pass on to her brood.

So for all we know, when you interrupted them, you prolly chased off the stronger ducks who had better genes but you chased them away so she had to settle for the sedentary duck...and her chicks were born with downs syndrome because she didn't have a stronger gened duck?

Jokes aside, you seem like you have a nice heart. Compassionate. But I'm guessing that you are not an animal behavior expert...so you really don't know if you had interfered with the ducks mating things that they do. You were clearly trying to help and while that is commendable, you *might* have caused more damage than good.
I don't give much weight to maybe's though. What I saw was someone who needed help, so I helped her and she was thankful.

How and why do you know it is not?
Jesus ate fish after his resurrection.
Did He break some Law you allude to?

Peter didn't see it as being a command to kill and eat though. If you look at the text you will see in verse 14 he says "certainly not!". It happened three times, which means that he resisted three times. Then, as we know that if a third request does not succeed then any subsequent requests are useless. So the sheet was pulled back up to heaven.

Acts 10:17 shows that Peter was trying to understand what the vision meant, which tells us that he didn't believe that he was to begin eating unclean meat. In Acts 10:28 he actually says that he has interpreted the vision to not be about unclean meat but people. He is not to consider them unclean whom God has made clean.
I guess three time was enough...for Peter.
And what, in the NT, is unclean meat?

Back