Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do you take the risk of eating murdered animals?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
How and why do you know it is not?
Jesus ate fish after his resurrection.
Did He break some Law you allude to?

I just know i was told by spirit to not eat meat.
Am no expert in the Bible though.

Did Jesus eat fish or is it a lie?

"I would like to point out that Luke 24:41-43 is the only text where it is explicitly stated that Jesus actually ATE MEAT. But now you know that this text is simply not true if you believe Mark and Matthew. Jesus was not in Jerusalem that Sunday evening but was on his way to Galilee. Jesus’ first appearance did not take place in Jerusalem but rather in GALILEE - as Mark and Matthew clearly point out. Therefore the text of Luke so often cited as proof that Jesus was a meat eater and therefore not a vegetarian - as many sources prove - is a forgery."

Last edited:
The problem i see is if people want to believe something is corrupt in a gospel and a verse has been forged then they have to write off the entire gospel because you cannot pick and chose what verses you want to believe are true or false or corrupt as it gives the entire source no credibility. Unless there is evidence of corruption from the earliest documents and i dont see any evidence. Some gospels just clarify and give more information on events than others. Whoever wrote Luke said Jesus ate meat in a gospel testimony. There are enough verses about him giving people meat to eat.

Only one gospel says Jesus ate meat, and at a specific place, and the others dont clarify it so that means that gospel could be crooked?. All its doing is adding and taking away from the scriptures simply because some dont want to believe Jesus ate meat so try discredit Luke and cry crooked.

Last edited:
I just know i was told by spirit to not eat meat.
Am no expert in the Bible though.

Did Jesus eat fish or is it a lie?

"I would like to point out that Luke 24:41-43 is the only text where it is explicitly stated that Jesus actually ATE MEAT. But now you know that this text is simply not true if you believe Mark and Matthew. Jesus was not in Jerusalem that Sunday evening but was on his way to Galilee. Jesus’ first appearance did not take place in Jerusalem but rather in GALILEE - as Mark and Matthew clearly point out. Therefore the text of Luke so often cited as proof that Jesus was a meat eater and therefore not a vegetarian - as many sources prove - is a forgery."

As there is no indicator in the NT prohibiting the eating of meat, I will eat it with a clear conscience.
In fact, we have Paul's writings concerning this...
"Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him." (Rom 14:1-3)
"He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks." (Rom 14:6)

If it is a sin for you to eat meat...don't eat meat.
It is not a sin for me to eat meat.
Obey your conscience, and love God above all else and your neighbor as you love yourself, and you will be fine.

Paul never wanted to offend or cause a brother to stumble even saying he would never eat meat if it caused a brother to stumble, but said food will not commend us to God and we are neither better or worse for what we eat. And he said for those who do eat meat to eat meat and not question it for conscience sake.

I understand Paul here. Even me in this thread have said a few times i respect people for there own choice and i have never said anything negative about those who dont eat meat. Yet people like to question and argue my food and my life. Trying to make me stumble and feel guilty for my own food choice.

Last edited:
Paul never wanted to offend or cause anyone to stumble by eating meat, but said food will not commend us to God and we are neither better or worse for what we eat. And he said for those who do eat meat not to question it for conscience sake.

I understand Paul here. Even me thought this thread have said a few times i respect people for there own choice and i have never said anything negative about those who dont eat meat. Yet people like to question and argue my food and my life. Try make me stumble.
We can't please all the people all the time, but If we please the Lord Jesus all the time...we do well.

I cant even please Jesus. I mean its not like i can live up to his standard and expectation. If you think i can then you can call me Pope.
If you are born of God, you can.
It is written..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)
It starts with a true, permanent "turn from" sin.

Paul never wanted to offend or cause a brother to stumble even saying he would never eat meat if it caused a brother to stumble, but said food will not commend us to God and we are neither better or worse for what we eat. And he said for those who do eat meat to eat meat and not question it for conscience sake.

I understand Paul here. Even me in this thread have said a few times i respect people for there own choice and i have never said anything negative about those who dont eat meat. Yet people like to question and argue my food and my life. Trying to make me stumble and feel guilty for my own food choice.
But it is such an easy choice for many of us. So many alternatives. I feel guilty because i ate meat to. I was dumbed down and less aware from Xanax etc. At least temporary we lose some of the spiritual connection when we take so called antidepressants and drugs such as Xanax. Another conspiracy by evil ones perhaps. It is not our fault that we used to be less aware from indoctrination etc. But by trying to make others become vegetarians i feel i pay back and those feelings of guilt disappear and i become free.

Most type of Ducks form bonds for a year or so and unlike Swans and such that form a bond and have a mate for life, most ducks dont.

So that's why there's been so many Ducks on the Maury show and in Paternity Court! I always wondered that but didn't know why.

Most of those female Ducks are liars though. They rarely pass the lie detector tests, lol.

Exactly. And this is scripture, so what's not to understand?

The earth was made for man. Not man for the earth. For our debatable member to say that to kill an animal and eat it because we're hungry somehow does a disservice to the animal, or that we are here to serve animals... is to assign human traits and characteristics to the animal. There's a word for that. Anthro something. Anthropomorphic?

And that's just wrong Brother. We are here to serve God.

When the Israelites were wandering the desert, God fed them with Manna. But they got tired of it and began complaining and asking for some meat. Complaining irritates God so He sent them swarms of birds to provide them with meat and they loved it until they got tired of that too and started complaining again. But the point here is, God does not cause man to sin, nor does He tempt man. So for God to send the Israelites meat to eat sort of settles the entire debate, eh? Eating meat must be ok or God wouldn't have sent them meat to eat.

Let me ask you something, Serving Zion. What if you were in a survival situation and food was scarce. Your wife's hungry. Your kids are hungry. Would you eat meat in a survival situation if that's all that was on the menu?
why didn't God prescribe Meat before Sin entered earth ( through the disobedience of Adam) and why did God end meat-eating after sin was removed from the earth--when lion and lamb play together. Isaiah 65:25 says the lion will eat grass like the ox. Nobody kills anybody. Just asking out of curiosity.
( By the way, I have consumed meat for a good 55 years out of the 59 years of my life ). The Bible appears to point at "No Meat and No Sex" ( both of which started AFTER sin entered the world ) for those who do manage to get saved. Only a few will make it to heaven says Christ few times
Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to ( Luke 13:24 )

Last edited:
Ok, back on topic. Back in Genesis 9 we can see that's probably when man started eating meat, after the flood.

Genesis 9:2-3
2 The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.../

That's a pretty big truth right there. It was likely necessary. By the time Noah and his family got off the ark, they were probably running low on provisions and since this was right after the flood, there probably wasn't any fruit growing again yet and everybody's hungry...what to do?

Have a BBQ. And I can't see any implied duty to man to...serve the animals and not eat them (v3). Besides, if you keep reading, just a few verses later it is saying that animals can not hurt man or they will be accountable for it with their blood. I kid you not Brothers & Sisters, go read chapter 9 in Genesis. God declared that now the animals will be scared of man, but the better not kill men or be held accountable for it.

Now that doesn't sound like, animals were here first so man has a duty to care for them and serve them. That idea just makes no sense according to Genesis 9.

But if anyone does not eat meat and in their heart does not eat meat as unto the Lord, well, praise the Lord Brother. But at the same time, in these end times things are tough and will get tougher...so don't let your family go hungry if meat is all that's available right then.

why didn't God prescribe Meat before Sin entered earth ( through the disobedience of Adam) and why did God end meat-eating after sin was removed from the earth--when lion and lamb play together. Isaiah 65:25 says the lion will eat grass like the ox. Nobody kills anybody. Just asking out of curiosity.
( By the way, I have consumed meat for a good 55 years out of the 59 years of my life ). The Bible appears to point at "No Meat and No Sex" in heaven ---for those who do manage to get saved. Only a few will make it ---
Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to ( Luke 13:24 )

That's a pretty good question. Before the fall, man's job was in the Garden to cultivate it. My understanding is that all of the proteins in meat can be supplied by plant life, all of them. And plants are easier for our system to digest than meat.

So I do think it is clear that originally and ideally, we are intended to be vegetarians. Even our teeth do not support true meat eaters. So before the fall, God did not prescribe meat because it was unnecessary. But God also knew that we would fall and then it would become necessary and expedient for man to eat meat.

Isaiah 65 is about the 1000 year millennial reign of Christ. (It has to be because it speaks of death still occurring). Jesus will restore this earth to it's former pre-fall condition when He comes. So it does make sense that eating meat will be a thing of the past again too. It says also that everybody will grow their own food for the most part. Have your own orchard. People will live 8 or 9 hundred years again. Brother, the millennium is going to be a golden age! I don't have a problem with the thought that I will be a vegetarian in my future.

But be that as it may, I remain a meat eater until those things happen. I don't have an orchard right now, and I have steaks in the freezer. To not eat those now...would do a disservice to the animal which gave up it's life so that I could eat. The cattle already gave it's life so why render that meaningless by not eating it?

As an aside, I have wondered before, when I eat the cow, does it not become man? It is absorbed and digested and becomes one with the man who eats it. We don't know to what extent the Lord is working with His animals in the spiritual realm. Does the animal who willingly becomes food for another, get rewarded or elevated in the next life? Maybe. We don't know. But we do know that God said no greater gift can a man give to his friend than to lay down his life for him. Personally, I see no reason this would not be true for animals also.

Have a BBQ.
That's not quite how it happened though. He actually burned them as a sacrifice to God. Probably the first time ever for all we know. It's only after God smelled that the aroma was sweet and soothing, then He blessed the man saying "animals are given into your hand for food, just as you have the plants, and they will be full of the dread and fear of you" (to me that sounds more like a curse than a blessing because paradise became hell, but: blessings aren't just about nice things, they are about rights).

Most type of Ducks form bonds for a year or so and unlike Swans and such that form a bond and have a mate for life, most ducks dont.
Yeah, well I got the impression that this boy duck was a bit of a nice guy and the three brutes were like the bullies on the block. I don't know why he was being held back from stopping them because I didn't see it, it all happened so fast. Knowing what people are like the group-think etc, probably all did their part in toeing the line, holding him back so that they wouldn't face persecution by the bullies.

The cattle already gave it's life
It did not "give its life", let's be honest about it: the cattle had his life taken!

It is absorbed and digested and becomes one with the man who eats it
That's different from what Jesus says: "it goes through the stomach and out into the sewers" (Mark 7:19).
the animal who willingly becomes food for another
Can you show any examples of this? I seem to only be able to remember the struggle to survive: whether by fighting, fleeing or hiding. I haven't seen an animal willingly give up its life to become food.

Jesus said he made all things clean and its not about what food that is eaten that makes one unclean.
He didn't say that, to be exact. He said it isn't what goes into the mouth, but what comes out if the mouth. So if a person knew that the food is spiritually unclean (as you might think that eating dogs or horses or maggots is unclean, to give you a sense for what it meant to them), then it isn't as though you would be unclean by the fact of having eaten it, but by what is in your heart - that naturally proceeds from the mouth. For instance, you would need to confess it, then your confession would condemn you, or: if you actually did choose to eat the unclean meat, you would have to reveal your unclean desires by asking for it. It's the bigger message that Jesus was teaching: that law only defines what is right and wrong, but of itself doesn't make a person right or wrong.

( By the way, I have consumed meat for a good 55 years out of the 59 years of my life ). The Bible appears to point at "No Meat and No Sex" ( both of which started AFTER sin entered the world ) for those who do manage to get saved. Only a few will make it to heaven says Christ few times

I'd say because it isn't in His heart to desire it in the world. God is love and His love is compassionate for all He loves. In the first place, He was happy with what He had made: He saw that it was good. It's only because He couldn't condemn Noah for the sacrifice, then He conceded that "indeed the animals will now be food for you and the fear and dread of you will be upon them".

Back