Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is there so much Anti-Semitism?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

T. E. Smith

Romantic Rationalist
It seems to me that there is perhaps more sentiment hostile to Jews than any other people group. Martin Luther infamously wrote of "the Jews and their lies". He said,
The Jews are base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth.
They are full of devil's feces, which they wallow in like swine.
Their synagogue is a defiled bride, yes, an incorrigible whore and an evil slut.
He said that their synagogues should be lit on fire, prayer books destroyed, Rabbis forbidden to preach. He even advocated their slaying:
There is no other explanation for this than the one cited earlier from Moses - namely, that God has struck [the Jews] with 'madness and blindness and confusion of mind'. So we are even at fault in not avenging all this innocent blood of our Lord and of the Christians which they shed for three hundred years after the destruction of Jerusalem, and the blood of the children they have shed since then (which still shines forth from their eyes and their skin). We are at fault in not slaying them.
He was German of course, and so was Hitler, who said he had a God-given mission to slay the Jews. Why could he have thought this? Perhaps because one of the most famous theologians, from his own country, said to do so.

Anti-Semitism is still rampant, as seen in Holocaust denial. The level of hostility to the Jewish people seems to exceed that given to any or at least most other groups. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this tragedy is so?

I'm sure that reformed has some specific special meaning to it, but I dunno what it is.

All I was saying is that they was dumb to have killed the only man who could make wine out of water. If your bst buddy could make wine from water, would you kill him?

So what I said had more homor in it than anything. Aint no deep hidden biases against anyone.
You don't understand what the idea of unconditional election is.it means no matter how good or bad you are as no man is worthy ,God choose to save you .you will be saved as God will break your will and you will be saved .

We all resist salvation but this is off topic .

You don't understand what the idea of unconditional election is.it means no matter how good or bad you are as no man is worthy ,God choose to save you .you will be saved as God will break your will and you will be saved .

We all resist salvation but this is off topic .

Well I don't really subscribe to the unconditional election theory. I think if that was so, then why does scripture tells use to work out our salvation with fear and trembling...to not fear those who can only kill the body but fear the one who can destroy both life and soul...??

So it's hard for me to believe in UE.

Well I don't really subscribe to the unconditional election theory. I think if that was so, then why does scripture tells use to work out our salvation with fear and trembling...to not fear those who can only kill the body but fear the one who can destroy both life and soul...??

I heard a Christian author once say, "One can never work out salvation for themselves." Apparently he hadn't read his Bible.

Apparently not.

I think it was King David (?) in Psalms that was praying for his enemies names to be blotted out f the book of life, or something like that. I didn't even know that was possible, but it made it into the final book, so maybe so.

Yet it's isreal that is saved .that nation made Sodom and Gomorrah look like chumps.

Yet God choose not to wipe out all of them

Are you worth God love?

No ,none of us are .
We first love others because God loves us first .

Not the other way

By the way, the Gospel of John, with its repeated references to "the Jews", fuels this issue, albeit potentially unwittingly.
It’s a mistake to assume the record of actual history of people long dead is responsible for people choosing to hate other people today. John called those responsible for certain actions “Jews” because they were Jews.

It’s hard for many to accept that those people were the perpetrators of persecution. It’s more politically correct to say they were always victims and every evil done to the christian’s were the Italians…oops Romans.

Okay, Dorothy, "Can you supply some impartial data on this?" Yes.
Read post 31. African Americans are the most likely to experience discrimination followed closely by women. Jews are further down on the scale. But these groups don’t have a “league” with lots of money to make sure we never forget that they feel discriminated against, at least the ones who didn’t make it into important positions in the society.

It’s a mistake to assume the record of actual history of people long dead is responsible for people choosing to hate other people today. John called those responsible for certain actions “Jews” because they were Jews.

It’s hard for many to accept that those people were the perpetrators of persecution. It’s more politically correct to say they were always victims and every evil done to the christian’s were the Italians…oops Romans.
If you attribute terrible actions, or actions your audience considers terrible, to "the Jews", don't be surprised when people start hating "the "Jews". What persecution did they do, and is it less than that performed by the Christian church?

I think that all that's really been established here is that, Jews are persecuted and Jews, are a very vicious people who do a lot of their own persecuting. Just like everyone else in the world. No better no worse.

I do feel a caution to not talk down on the Jews though because as far as scripture says, they are His chosen people. And that *might* make Him angry about that, so myself, shall decline talking smack about Jews.
:wink

I'm just going to drop in here with a few things. Feel free to ignore me because I probably won't reply any more to this thread. I apologize for not providing any sources, but I have a lot to drop and I think it would be better for you to pray to God for answers about this (it's also really early in the morning for me and I just don't have the time or energy to chase things down). If you legitimately care, then you will pray about it. If all you want to do is argue, then you won't and you'll happily ignore what I have to say.
Let's start off with something important: the Star of David. It doesn't exist. At no point in history or the Bible was there ever a Star of David. There was a Shield, but it never had a star. The Bible does, however, mention the Star of Remphan and Molech (several times, actually). This same star design was used as a symbol of a Sumerian dragon deity who shares many parallels with Satan. Just as a refresher so we are on the same page, that means that this dragon was the Sumerian interpretation of real accounts of Satan. You get the picture, right? The symbol on Israel's flag is an evil symbol, and many Israelites were opposed to using it on the flag because they, unlike the rest of the world, knew what it actually meant.
Most modern Jews (that is, of the tribe of Judah) descended from the people who mixed with Edomites (from Esau and his Canaanite wives) upon finding them occupying Judah when they returned from the Babylonian exile. Those people violated God's ordinance not to mix with other nations. And it had the consequence of corrupting their doctrine. This is where the Pharisees and Talmud come from (the later of which contains justification of pedophilia and murder, among other unsavory things). The Bible calls these people the Synagogue of Satan and the Jews who are not really Jews.
Revelation tells us that the Great City of Babylon, spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, is the place where our Lord was crucified. What place could spiritually be called Egypt other than the capital city of the nation that came out of Egypt and constantly fell away to its practices? And there was only one city where Jesus was crucified. Adding to this, it is also where the Second Temple will be built, where the Jews awaiting the first coming of Christ will accept the Antichrist and allow his Abomination to be set in the Temple.

Zechariah 14:21​

Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.​

The current state of antisemitism is a mix of two things. On one hand, it is radicals spreading hate. On the other hand, it's acknowledgement of the sins of a people (those in power, mind you) who serve Satan's goals getting confused as radicalism and hate. I don't advocate hate, but I believe people who serve sin should not be referred to as God's People. The fact is that the majority of Israel/Jews will not be saved and will think that the Antichrist appearing will be the first coming of Christ. They will believe a strong delusion. The only Israelites who will be called God's people are those who obeyed his law and personally received Christ (that is, the 144,000). Bottom line is that throughout the OT, God prophesied to his people that Canaan/Edom would be an adversary, and Satan has used the people at war with God's people to poison Israel in hopes of attacking the elect 144,000 and spread that poison to the rest of the world.
I encourage you to read through the entire OT (I am not even joking, I got done with that just recently) and see how many times Edom/Canaan (some translations call it "Merchant" or "Merchant City" which is what Canaan means) comes up. I will start you off by telling you the earliest is in Genesis. Look at the genealogies and see for yourself what family Eber/Heber/Hebrews comes from and what family built the Tower of Babel/Babylon.

Sorry for the random interjection. I have a suspicion I'm going to get banned for this, so I'll just leave saying I hope you misunderstand my intentions.

I'm just going to drop in here with a few things. Feel free to ignore me because I probably won't reply any more to this thread. I apologize for not providing any sources, but I have a lot to drop and I think it would be better for you to pray to God for answers about this (it's also really early in the morning for me and I just don't have the time or energy to chase things down). If you legitimately care, then you will pray about it. If all you want to do is argue, then you won't and you'll happily ignore what I have to say.
Let's start off with something important: the Star of David. It doesn't exist. At no point in history or the Bible was there ever a Star of David. There was a Shield, but it never had a star. The Bible does, however, mention the Star of Remphan and Molech (several times, actually). This same star design was used as a symbol of a Sumerian dragon deity who shares many parallels with Satan. Just as a refresher so we are on the same page, that means that this dragon was the Sumerian interpretation of real accounts of Satan. You get the picture, right? The symbol on Israel's flag is an evil symbol, and many Israelites were opposed to using it on the flag because they, unlike the rest of the world, knew what it actually meant.
Most modern Jews (that is, of the tribe of Judah) descended from the people who mixed with Edomites (from Esau and his Canaanite wives) upon finding them occupying Judah when they returned from the Babylonian exile. Those people violated God's ordinance not to mix with other nations. And it had the consequence of corrupting their doctrine. This is where the Pharisees and Talmud come from (the later of which contains justification of pedophilia and murder, among other unsavory things). The Bible calls these people the Synagogue of Satan and the Jews who are not really Jews.
Revelation tells us that the Great City of Babylon, spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, is the place where our Lord was crucified. What place could spiritually be called Egypt other than the capital city of the nation that came out of Egypt and constantly fell away to its practices? And there was only one city where Jesus was crucified. Adding to this, it is also where the Second Temple will be built, where the Jews awaiting the first coming of Christ will accept the Antichrist and allow his Abomination to be set in the Temple.

Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.​

The current state of antisemitism is a mix of two things. On one hand, it is radicals spreading hate. On the other hand, it's acknowledgement of the sins of a people (those in power, mind you) who serve Satan's goals getting confused as radicalism and hate. I don't advocate hate, but I believe people who serve sin should not be referred to as God's People. The fact is that the majority of Israel/Jews will not be saved and will think that the Antichrist appearing will be the first coming of Christ. They will believe a strong delusion. The only Israelites who will be called God's people are those who obeyed his law and personally received Christ (that is, the 144,000). Bottom line is that throughout the OT, God prophesied to his people that Canaan/Edom would be an adversary, and Satan has used the people at war with God's people to poison Israel in hopes of attacking the elect 144,000 and spread that poison to the rest of the world.
I encourage you to read through the entire OT (I am not even joking, I got done with that just recently) and see how many times Edom/Canaan (some translations call it "Merchant" or "Merchant City" which is what Canaan means) comes up. I will start you off by telling you the earliest is in Genesis. Look at the genealogies and see for yourself what family Eber/Heber/Hebrews comes from and what family built the Tower of Babel/Babylon.

Sorry for the random interjection. I have a suspicion I'm going to get banned for this, so I'll just leave saying I hope you misunderstand my intentions.
FYI, dragon as symbol for evil predates Genesis. See the Epic of Gilgamesh.
I won't pray about it since the Bible says, "To the wicked [which in his mind surely includes atheists] God says, 'What right have you to take my name on your lips?'" Also I don't consider it legitimate to say that the only thing to do in reply is to pray.
Did you miss the Jewish symbolism in the choosing of the 144,000? Go back and read. Jesus chose twelve disciples for the twelve tribes of Israel.
I agree that the Talmud condones murder; I have studied it. So does the Torah. And I agree fully that the New Testament does not view them as true Jews: "A Jew is one inwardly." That said, I think Paul was wrong to consider only Christians to be true Jews.
Along with that, I will just say: the Jews do not serve Satan.

Along with what I said before: you are wrong on the origins of the Star. It derives from the Seal of Solomon.

If you attribute terrible actions, or actions your audience considers terrible, to "the Jews", don't be surprised when people start hating "the "Jews". What persecution did they do, and is it less than that performed by the Christian church?
Do you think the world now hates the German people? What about hating the americans and their treatment of the native peoples? Do people hate the cambodians? What about the Africans who sold their own into slavery? Shall we all hate them? Your knowledge of history is weak.

Read the NT if you want to know the persecution of the christian’s at the hand of the Jews. Start with Saul.

Do you think the world now hates the German people? What about hating the americans and their treatment of the native peoples? Do people hate the cambodians? What about the Africans who sold their own into slavery? Shall we all hate them? Your knowledge of history is weak.
I do not see how this is relevant.
Read the NT if you want to know the persecution of the christian’s at the hand of the Jews. Start with Saul.
No Jewish persecution of Christians occurred before A.D. 70. Steven Katz (https://www.jstor.org/stable/3260313) argues that four things were done after A.D. 70 by the Jews:
  1. The circulation of official anti-Christian pronouncements
  2. The issuing of an official ban against Christians attending synagogue
  3. A prohibition against reading Christian writings
  4. The spreading of the curse against Christian heretics
None of these things remotely match the persecution of the Christians under the Roman empire (of which we even have little evidence in the first century; Nero is claimed to have blamed Christians for the fire, but this is barely attested anywhere but Tacitus until the late fourth century).

On the other hand, Christians have persecuted Jews intently (https://www.ushmm.org/research/abou...istian-persecution-of-jews-over-the-centuries)

Back