Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is there so much Anti-Semitism?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

T. E. Smith

Romantic Rationalist
It seems to me that there is perhaps more sentiment hostile to Jews than any other people group. Martin Luther infamously wrote of "the Jews and their lies". He said,
The Jews are base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth.
They are full of devil's feces, which they wallow in like swine.
Their synagogue is a defiled bride, yes, an incorrigible whore and an evil slut.
He said that their synagogues should be lit on fire, prayer books destroyed, Rabbis forbidden to preach. He even advocated their slaying:
There is no other explanation for this than the one cited earlier from Moses - namely, that God has struck [the Jews] with 'madness and blindness and confusion of mind'. So we are even at fault in not avenging all this innocent blood of our Lord and of the Christians which they shed for three hundred years after the destruction of Jerusalem, and the blood of the children they have shed since then (which still shines forth from their eyes and their skin). We are at fault in not slaying them.
He was German of course, and so was Hitler, who said he had a God-given mission to slay the Jews. Why could he have thought this? Perhaps because one of the most famous theologians, from his own country, said to do so.

Anti-Semitism is still rampant, as seen in Holocaust denial. The level of hostility to the Jewish people seems to exceed that given to any or at least most other groups. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this tragedy is so?

Good one! You could have just as well answered, Uh-Uh!!!

I think this is not about the Germans that she hung out with, but the anarchist satanist Germans that you hang out with?! Lol.
  1. To my knowledge none of my friends are German.
  2. Only one friend of mine is an anarchist; he has been considering Satanism (thanks to me), and it fits with much of his beliefs, but he is no Satanist yet.
  3. I do not have any Satanist friends except on some public forums.
"This is not about..." What do you mean by "this"? The question of anti-Semitism? Whether or not people share animosity to Germans? Or the question I expounded upon in my post: whether Jesus existed?

I once knew a man, an important man who became rather famous in some circles. His name was Dr Derek Prince. He was a double King Scholar (Eaton college) and taught Greek philosophy at the graduate level at Cambridge before WW2. An Atheist, he came to faith during the war. He was discharged at the end in Jerusalem and remained there until the 1948 War of Independence and the British governors evacuated him and his family back to England. There he was asked this question by one of his former colleagues:

Do you think the establishment of a Jewish homeland will solve the world wide problem of antisemitism?

Dr Prince answered this way: If antisemitism is a purely human problem, yes it will. But if it is a spiritual problem, it will only make it worse.

You can always tell a German.
You just can't tell him very much
. :biggrin2

BTW, I am German (mostly) (and you can ask my wife how true that statement is)
This is true. Working with Germans is much like working with Yankees. I worked for a large German company for many years. I think it may be because they are used to dealing with the French.:biggrin2

Hebrew is an ethnicity. Being a jew is just being part of the religion, sorta like a muslim or like us. Just because grandma was a practicing jew, doesn't make her descendant a Hebrew, just lihow my grandchildren aren't by default Christian just because I was.

But Jewish is a race so how is it just being part of a religion.? I thought it's a race that also has a religion and those who convert to Judaism are also called Jewish?.

I thought Jewish was decended from the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, as the 2 tribes of Judea , like Paul said he was a Jew from the tribe of Benjamin but he was also a Christian as he's a leader of the early church and preach the gospel. That would make him a Jew Christian. I'm still confused.

I'm trying to be genuine and I'm just trying to understand it.

Last edited:
But Jewish is a race so how is it just being part of a religion.? I thought it's a race that also has a religion and those who convert to Judaism are also called Jewish?.

I thought Jewish was decended from the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, as the 2 tribes of Judea , like Paul said he was a Jew from the tribe of Benjamin but he was also a Christian as he's a leader of the early church and preach the gospel. That would make him a Jew Christian. I'm still confused.

Judaism is BOTH a religion and a people group. (ethnos) IF one formally joins the Jewish religion, he/she becomes part of the ethnic group known as Jews. It has been that way since the Exodus.

Lev 19:34
The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the Lord your God.

But Jewish is a race so how is it just being part of a religion.?
Well that is what you are saying. The issue with this is that if you walk into any university and say that, you won't be getting any agreement. What you will hear though is that Semite is a race, and ancient Hebrews were part of that group. Abraham was the first Hebrew. There are and were swaths of Hebrews(descendants of Abraham) that were/are NOT jewish(religious part). To be a jew in our era is to follow the old covenant, which is to reject Jesus.

Doesn't matter how many media sources want to tell you that being jewish is a race, it just isn't. So like if you immigrated to anywhere below the Congo and lived with a tribe that had a policy that you were one of their people if you joined them, you will still never test for any sub-Saharan DNA.

It involves a mish-mash of term bending in order to achieve a certain uniqueness, which is the aim.

On a side note, I'm a little surprised. Domestics usually don't fall for the projection/propaganda.

It seems to me that there is perhaps more sentiment hostile to Jews than any other people group. Martin Luther infamously wrote of "the Jews and their lies". He said,

He said that their synagogues should be lit on fire, prayer books destroyed, Rabbis forbidden to preach. He even advocated their slaying:

He was German of course, and so was Hitler, who said he had a God-given mission to slay the Jews. Why could he have thought this? Perhaps because one of the most famous theologians, from his own country, said to do so.

Anti-Semitism is still rampant, as seen in Holocaust denial. The level of hostility to the Jewish people seems to exceed that given to any or at least most other groups. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this tragedy is so?
Hi how are you?

I saw your thread after rejoining here earlier int he week. I did post to a similar thread a few days ago.

I too am at a loss to understand just how much hatred, vilification and prejusice there has been trough history against the Jews, and many coming from people clainign to eb Cjristian. Even Luther himself who you correctly pointed out became very anti-semetic.

I noticed that your comment regarding the conversation heading off-topic. Sadly many here can't seem to focus the actual topic at hand and seem to think that an uninformed, scattergun approach is best. Given who replied, I am suprised that anti-vax or militant Trumpism didnt come up... I mean they are relevant right??😉

Hi how are you?

I saw your thread after rejoining here earlier int he week. I did post to a similar thread a few days ago.

I too am at a loss to understand just how much hatred, vilification and prejusice there has been trough history against the Jews, and many coming from people clainign to eb Cjristian. Even Luther himself who you correctly pointed out became very anti-semetic.

I noticed that your comment regarding the conversation heading off-topic. Sadly many here can't seem to focus the actual topic at hand and seem to think that an uninformed, scattergun approach is best. Given who replied, I am suprised that anti-vax or militant Trumpism didnt come up... I mean they are relevant right??😉
He is banned

Hi how are you?

Welcome back! You can't help but be drawn to the old threads, huh?!

Back