Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHY ISN'T THIS GENERATION GETTING MARRIED?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Nope. Unless you can show a scientific paper that has "because we say so" as justification for a result, you're just making yet another empty assertion.
Dude, if you know anything about the academic community these days, you wouldn't have asked me for a "because we say so" justification, the peer review system is pretty much the same as "because we say so", it's like I review your paper on this, you review my paper on that, you review my work today, I review your work tomorrow. To have any scientific research paper published, it must pass such peer review, or it will never see the light of day. Many dissenting voices are often censored and the authors are punished, even though it's totally legitimate and true. If that's not "because we say so", I don't know what is. Science has been subtly replaced with scientism, which means objective evidence and discovery have been replaced with "expert consensus" and "group think", that's a religion, not science.

Last edited:
Why aren't young persons of today getting married?

It does depend where ine looks.
Lots of young people do marry, lots of Christian young people marry, but lots of young people belief that marriage is outdated, unnecessary etc etc.

A large part of the problem is that society and the media does not value marriage.

Even churches do not teach consistently on the value and permanence of marriage.

The stats clearly show that marriage is better for children, men and women as well as for society.
This is not popular so is not taught.

Dude, if you know anything about the academic community these days, you wouldn't have asked me for a "because we say so" justification, the peer review system is pretty much the same as "because we say so", it's like I review your paper on this, you review my paper on that, you review my work today, I review your work tomorrow. To have any scientific research paper published, it must pass such peer review, or it will never see the light of day. Many dissenting voices are often censored and the authors are punished, even though it's totally legitimate and true. If that's not "because we say so", I don't know what is. Science has been subtly replaced with scientism, which means objective evidence and discovery have been replaced with "expert consensus" and "group think", that's a religion, not science.
LOL....once again you expect me to just take your say-so as unquestioned gospel. Well, I've actually been a part of the peer review process, both as an author and a reviewer, and it's nothing like what you describe. So given the choice between my first-hand experiences and your "because I say so", I'll go with my experiences thank you.

LOL....once again you expect me to just take your say-so as unquestioned gospel. Well, I've actually been a part of the peer review process, both as an author and a reviewer, and it's nothing like what you describe. So given the choice between my first-hand experiences and your "because I say so", I'll go with my experiences thank you.
OK, if you say so, God bless. Can we go back to marriage - or lack thereof?

Can we go back to marriage - or lack thereof?
giphy.gif

Sugar daddys and attachment. More of INORDINATE affection.

Colossians 3:5. Put to death therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature, sexual immorality, impunity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

It's habitual sinners that follow satan. They wont repent and don't care about God.

I saw on heathen courts, on tv, some women saying the man owes child alimony.

2 Timothy chapter 3 tells us about end times. It's a evil generation.

No moral compass.

The world is do your brothers before he does you.

We're living in very evil times.

Sugar daddys and attachment. More of INORDINATE affection.

Colossians 3:5. Put to death therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature, sexual immorality, impunity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

It's habitual sinners that follow satan. They wont repent and don't care about God.

I saw on heathen courts, on tv, some women saying the man owes child alimony.

2 Timothy chapter 3 tells us about end times. It's a evil generation.

No moral compass.

The world is do your brothers before he does you.

We're living in very evil times.
I'm in agreement.

Just want to say that if a man abandons his family, which he created 50% worth, then he has the responsibility to pay half of that family's expenses.

Or If he forced the wife to leave,,, through abuse,for instance.

Back