Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why many stumble.. Amillennialism and Replacement Theology

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think so, and here is what I believe Paul is teaching the Christian church..

Israel (the nation of Israel and all its earthly ordinances described in Roms 9) is blinded in part until the fulness of the GENTILES be come in.. Israel as a nation has been cut off from the blessings of God because of their continued rejection of Christ.. this is outlined in the gospels and in the Acts of the Apostles.. Paul was raised up to be the Apostle to the GENTILES and to take the gospel to the ends of the earth while Israel remains blinded.

Christ is now building His church based upon the confession of Jesus of Nazareth being the Son of the living God.. which Israel rejects til this day.. although this rejection is not permanent.. it's only until the fulness of the GENTILES come in.. to CHRIST..

THEN shall the Deliverer come from Sion and turn ungodliness from JACOB.. yes Jacob, the one who wrestled with God all night and in the morning of that Day the Sun rose upon him.. and Paul also tells us that the night is far spent and that the DAY is at hand.. the Day of the Lord, the Day of Jesus Christ..

The nation of Israel will be DELIVERED in the end.. and they will know Christ as their King..

Paul then says as pertaining to the gospel they (the nation of Israel) are enemies, yet as pertaining to election, they are beloved because of the fathers.. the many OT patriachs who were justified in thier faith (given at that time) and who are Israelites.. they are spoken of throughout the OT and the NT.

It's about the nation of Israel and its ordinances.. how that even though they are blinded in part, that it's only until the fulness of the GENTILES come in and then they sahll be saved in that Day..

That's my .02

I agree with your synopsis of the mystery on one point,

this: The nation of Israel shall be DELIVERED.

But that's it, and brother that is plainly written it is not a mystery.

I put it to you that the mystery has yet to be revealed to you.

I agree with your synopsis of the mystery on one point,

this: The nation of Israel shall be DELIVERED.

Even though we might disagree on some points, it's good to highlight where we do agree on points..

But that's it, and brother that is plainly written it is not a mystery.

I put it to you that the mystery has yet to be revealed to you.

Well, you're certainly welcome to share your thoughts on the matter, and perhaps show me specifically where you disagree etc.. and I agree that the mystery is plainly written out for us.. and yet multitudes within Christendom ignore it and teach others that the church is Israel and that this present evil world IS the kingdom of God on earth.

Well, you're certainly welcome to share your thoughts on the matter, and perhaps show me specifically where you disagree etc.. and I agree that the mystery is plainly written out for us.. and yet multitudes within Christendom ignore it and teach others that the church is Israel and that this present evil world IS the kingdom of God on earth.

That's the first time I've actually heard that! I've never run into anyone that claimed that this current world is the kingdom of God

well let me add that some partial pretersist believe the kingdom is now but that the physical manifestation hasnt come to pass yet(ie we still die etc)

the full preterists must then also deal with that part where paul says about love being here. we see in part. etc

Simply google Amillennialism and you'll find hundreds of sites for or against it.

Its just stupid! I say this with certainty based on one simple factor that I learned very early as a Christian.

God's word must be the the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

If it says that Jesus will reign for a thousand years on the earth then He must literally reign AS WELL as any spiritual or analogical meanings that God may have placed within the living layers of the text.

God's Word must be true on every level else we can find fault with it and say it is not truth.

I don't understand people who want to make mystical meanings out of things that are plainly written, this is one such thing that is quite plainly written.

Perhaps this is the root of the error, it is so plainly written that the Devil uses it as a means of waylaying people by attributing hidden meanings to it that dont actually exist.

Revelation 20
4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

The last time I looked at the news I would have to make a conclusive judgment that Satan is not in prison.
And there are not that many resurrected people walking around at the moment (I know statistically speaking there must be a couple though)

Its just stupid! I say this with certainty based on one simple factor that I learned very early as a Christian.

God's word must be the the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

If it says that Jesus will reign for a thousand years on the earth then He must literally reign AS WELL as any spiritual or analogical meanings that God may have placed within the living layers of the text.

God's Word must be true on every level else we can find fault with it and say it is not truth.

I don't understand people who want to make mystical meanings out of things that are plainly written, this is one such thing that is quite plainly written.

Perhaps this is the root of the error, it is so plainly written that the Devil uses it as a means of waylaying people by attributing hidden meanings to it that dont actually exist.

Revelation 20
4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

The last time I looked at the news I would have to make a conclusive judgment that Satan is not in prison.
And there are not that many resurrected people walking around at the moment (I know statistically speaking there must be a couple though)

LOL.. this is basically how I felt when I was first introduced to Amillennialism 20 years ago..

Interesting that this forum has few members who are willing to stand up for amillennialism... and I think that it's because most can see that it's false doctrine.

Back