Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Trinitarians And Non-Trinitarians Have Different Beliefs?

I'm a child of God before the resurrection and in the resurrection I'll be a Son of God of the resurrection. That's what Jesus taught.

It applies to all of the true believers.

Indeed.

Because he was created.

There are different senses in the Bible in which someone is a brother of Jesus. One of them is through resurrection.

You're conflating the post-resurrection Jesus with the pre-resurrection Jesus. I think you are only just now hearing about this difference.

Do you believe what Jesus taught?
You continue to make claims that are contrary to what is stated so in all the mainline churches. Me as well. We are reading the same text you are reading. If the Spirit of God is in as you claim, then you are now "born" of the Spirit. A Son of God. The Sons of the resurrection "follows" that birth. Jesus raises us up on that last day.
Luke 20
36In fact, they can no longer die, because they are like the angels. And since they are sons of the resurrection, they are sons of God.

What did a trinitarian church refute?
Those that live by believing in Jesus never die.
Don't you believe this now as one still in the flesh?
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
Not according to scripture.
The creeds of the Christain faith are based off of scripture. I'm not one who denies error but I also state Jesus has always been the Son. So what you state is debated not absolute truth.
Then he hasn't always been the Son. Read John 6 where Jesus compared himself to the manna from heaven. Eternal, immortal, God-manna isn't a sound doctrine.

Jesus didn't pre-exist at as the Son. Where are you seeing that? How many times do you want to go over this?
Yes, how many times do we need to show the one God made the creation through the one who is testified as coming from above from the Fathers presence as the one who was with the Father in the beginning. Before you believe that testimony. Jesus stated He was before Abraham, that He came down from heaven and asked the Father to glorify Him in the Fathers presence with the glory He had with the Father before the world began. Paul stated He is before all things and all things were made through Him. You deny and explain away all testimony about the Son who was. Again, you are making statements that are contrary to the beliefs of the mainline Christain churches. They read the same NT you read as do I.
The Son is before all things except His Father.
We disagree. The mainline Christian churches disagree with you. All most all here disagree with you.

That answered nothing.
Embryonic fluid isn't just water. That would be like saying a cup of coffee is water just because it has a water content.
I know it isn't just water, but it is mostly water and looks like water.
It's unnecessary to inform a living person they need to be born of a woman in order to be born again.
I agree, as if one is listening, they are alive by water already.
Hence the birth by the Spirit is the RE part of rebirth.
The idea being conveyed is is water baptism and a spiritual anointing such as what Jesus received at John's water baptism of repentance:
Acts 10
37You yourselves know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee with the baptism that John proclaimed: 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.
What is the idea you allude to ?
Indeed. Jesus was born from above, not born again from above.
Hence the need for our own re-birth.
In order to take it literal, there is a consequence that few are willing to take. It would require believing Jesus died and was resurrected at his water baptism.
Jesus was not baptized into someone else like we are commanded to do.
Jesus wasn't baptized into someone else's death and burial.
That means he was born again. It's theologically unsound. I hope that helps.
Jesus didn't need to be born again, but we do.
Our "immersion" into Him, and into His death and burial, and into His resurrection from the tomb, allows the destruction of our old man so we can hence forth walk in the Spirit instead of in the "flesh".
All that in addition to the remission of all past sins !

I guess rednecks have issues.
Bipartite folks think:
Man has two parts
1. Body - physical
2. Soul - Mind Will Emotions

Others think Soul is spiritual

Tripartite folks think man is Body ,Soul , Spirit
1. Body
3. Spirit

Others think we start out at part 1 and move along a path.

Others have no rules at all.

Any one group can not comprehend any way but their way.

First birth - two parts
Second birth with new heart and mind.

Dominion of sin can be broken.

The final frump change is off in the future.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

You continue to make claims that are contrary to what is stated so in all the mainline churches.
Let's not use "mainline churches" as a compass for what is true. Let's stick with what the Bible says.

Me as well. We are reading the same text you are reading. If the Spirit of God is in as you claim,
Is the spirit of God in you? I honestly am not sure since you seem to be following "mainline churches."

then you are now "born" of the Spirit. A Son of God. The Sons of the resurrection "follows" that birth. Jesus raises us up on that last day.
Exactly. The born again spirit isn't the same thing as the resurrected physical body. One will be a child of God in two different senses.

Those that live by believing in Jesus never die.
Don't you believe this now as one still in the flesh?
Yes, but why do you seem to argue against Jesus' teachings on being a son of God in the resurrection? Perhaps is it because it requires one to die completely (body, soul, and spirit) before their resurrection?

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
It's about believing in Jesus to be resurrected and thus have eternal life. Eternal life begins in the age to come.

Luke 20
35But those who are considered worthy to share in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage. 36In fact, they can no longer die, because they are like the angels. And since they are sons of the resurrection, they are sons of God.
The creeds of the Christain faith are based off of scripture. I'm not one who denies error but I also state Jesus has always been the Son. So what you state is debated not absolute truth.
Decorating creeds with Bible verses doesn't make them scripture. Creeds are interpretations of what someone thought the Bible was saying. For example, the Athanasian Creed when superimposed over the Bible doesn't actually say what the Bible says.

Yes, how many times do we need to show the one God made the creation through the one who is testified as coming from above from the Fathers presence as the one who was with the Father in the beginning. Before you believe that testimony. Jesus stated He was before Abraham, that He came down from heaven and asked the Father to glorify Him in the Fathers presence with the glory He had with the Father before the world began. Paul stated He is before all things and all things were made through Him. You deny and explain away all testimony about the Son who was. Again, you are making statements that are contrary to the beliefs of the mainline Christain churches. They read the same NT you read as do I.
The Son is before all things except His Father.
We disagree. The mainline Christian churches disagree with you. All most all here disagree with you.
How many times do we have to go over the the Sovereign Lord, creator of heaven and earth, is God the Father, also known as YHWH? With His servant being a man named Jesus?

How many times do you want to go over how God didn't speak through the Son until "these last days" and thusly created the ages through him? Or how about according to Colossians 1:15, the Son isn't God but rather God's image who himself is created? What follows is that the church was created through the Son and it all culminated through his blood on the cross in Colossians 1:20?

How about the disciples weren't there at the literal beginning of creation to see, hear, or touch anything in 1 John 1:12, but in context they were there for the creation of the church?

Do you want to go over it all again? I am always happy to go an extra mile.

Last edited:
That answered nothing.
Read Romans 6. There are answers there.

I know it isn't just water, but it is mostly water and looks like water.
Okay, then it isn't water.

Nicodemus replied to Jesus' declaration of the necessity to be born of water and Spirit with "“How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?”

To which Jesus replied "Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit."

After some more words, Jesus said "If I have told you about earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things?"

The heavenly thing that Jesus is referring to is John's water baptism of repentance where Jesus was anointed by God with His holy spirit and power.

I will ask you the simple question Jesus asked them and let's see if you know the answer:

Luke 20
3“I will also ask you a question,” Jesus replied. “Tell Me: 4John’s baptism—was it from heaven, or from men?”

I agree, as if one is listening, they are alive by water already.
Hence the birth by the Spirit is the RE part of rebirth.
But they aren't water baptized. Needing to be born from a woman isn't a Biblical doctrine for anything. Water baptism is all over the place in scripture. It's unlikely what you're saying is the point.

What is the idea you allude to ?
The idea about being "born of water" aspect of what Jesus said in John 3 is about water baptism.

Jesus was not baptized into someone else like we are commanded to do.
Jesus wasn't baptized into someone else's death and burial.
But Jesus partook of John's water baptism of repentance none the less.

Jesus didn't need to be born again, but we do.
Our "immersion" into Him, and into His death and burial, and into His resurrection from the tomb, allows the destruction of our old man so we can hence forth walk in the Spirit instead of in the "flesh".
No one who has been baptized ceases struggling against their flesh. Post-water baptism, Jesus was tempted to sin for 40 days by the devil himself.

Let's not use "mainline churches" as a compass for what is true. Let's stick with what the Bible says.
It is used to show your reasoning is rejected by other who proclaim faith in Jesus as you seem to believe your statements are the only reasoned truth. Clearly not.
Is the spirit of God in you? I honestly am not sure since you seem to be following "mainline churches."
My testimony is that I have the Spirit of Christ in me. That I know Him and He knows me. That I have asked things of Him via prayer and received answers from Him.
Exactly. The born again spirit isn't the same thing as the resurrected physical body. One will be a child of God is two difference senses.
"Born" of the Spirit. A child of God at that birth. A "new" creation at that birth. The Sons of the resurrection "follow" that birth.
Yes, by why do you seem to argue against Jesus' teachings on being a son of God in the resurrection? Perhaps is it because it requires one to die completely (body, soul, and spirit) before their resurrection?
I don't argue against that. I believe Him. Just as I believe those "born" of the Spirit are the ones God calls His children and that timing is when one is in the flesh not at the resurrection. A new creation,
It's about believing in Jesus to be resurrected and thus have eternal life. Eternal life begins in the age to come.
Yet Jesus gave that life to those still in the flesh in that even though they die they will live and the who lives by believing in Him will never die.
Luke 20
35But those who are considered worthy to share in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage. 36In fact, they can no longer die, because they are like the angels. And since they are sons of the resurrection, they are sons of God.

Decorating creeds with Bible verses doesn't make them scripture. Creeds are interpretations of what someone thought the Bible was saying. For example, the Athanasian Creed when superimposed over the Bible doesn't actually say what the Bible says.
I follow Jesus.
As you know I only agree in part. I hold Jesus is a born Son of the Father before all things with a beginning. (His spirit)
"Begotten of the Father before all worlds but not made"
How many times do we have to go over the the Sovereign Lord, creator of heaven and earth, is God the Father, also known as YHWH? With His servant being a man named Jesus?
I believe that just as I believe "God" made the creation by His Firstborn. The Deity living in the Son is the Fathers. That Deity in Him created. Just as in the Son of Man the Father living in Him doing His work. The Father is in Him and He in the Father. They are one.
How many times do you want to go over how God didn't speak through the Son until "these last days" and thusly created the ages through him? Or how about according to Colossians 1:15, the Son isn't God but rather God's image who himself is created? What follows is that the church was created through the Son and it all culminated through his blood on the cross in Colossians 1:20?
As I stated the Son is before all things and God created by Him. In regard to what was created you might want to consider Genesis as your guide and add things in heaven as well. How many times do I need to state "all things" were created through Jesus as we read in the testimony before you believe? Disagreement with me doesn't prove you right as you seem to imply.
How about the disciples weren't there are the literal beginning of creation to see, hear, or touch anything in 1 John 1:12, but in context they were there for the creation of the church?
It was Jesus implied at that beginning with the Father which they are stating by their faith in Him. That life appeared; the eternal life stated from the beginning with the Father. Their witness is of Him, Jesus. He is the one they saw, heard and touched as stated of Him, the eternal life with the Father from the beginning.
Do you want to go over it all again? I am always happy to go an extra mile.
My Lord has always been the Son and is Gods firstborn and He is all that the Father is. That will never change as I have heard from Him and know Him. That will never change, and we would be in continuous disagreement no matter how many posts are given.

There is a comparison being made between those who are baptized and Jesus himself. Let's go with it being literal. So can we rightly say Jesus wasn't "born of water and spirit" until his baptism? That seems to be the only way to make this literal. I can accept that if that's the case.

Romans 6
4We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
What are you referring to ?

Jesus was born of a woman's "water".
He had no need to be reborn of the Spirit.

I have found that everyone who claims Rom 6:3-7 is only figurative or spiritual still manifests the works of the flesh that was supposedly killed and buried with Christ.
However, those who beleive it is literal actually believe their old man was destroyed .
And show it everyday in their lives walking in the Sprit instead of in the "flesh".
What are you referring to ?

Jesus was born of a woman's "water".
He had no need to be reborn of the Spirit.

I have found that everyone who claims Rom 6:3-7 is only figurative or spiritual still manifests the works of the flesh that was supposedly killed and buried with Christ.
However, those who beleive it is literal actually believe their old man was destroyed .
And show it everyday in their lives walking in the Sprit instead of in the "flesh".
Colossians 2:16 ljv
16. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

IMHO the physical and ceremonial are not spiritual realities.
Hidden in creation are truths about the Godhead.

Hidden in religious ceremonies are ideas / truths about spiritual reality.

I don’t think all my redneck words will help.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

It is used to show your reasoning is rejected by other who proclaim faith in Jesus as you seem to believe your statements are the only reasoned truth. Clearly not.
I could just as easily begin referring to all of the churches that agree with me. You don't have a point. Broad is the way that leads to destruction. Since when was popular opinion ever a guide for truth?

My testimony is that I have the Spirit of Christ in me. That I know Him and He knows me. That I have asked things of Him via prayer and received answers from Him.
Me too, but Jesus didn't give it to you. What you got came from the Father.

John 16
23And in that day, you will ask of Me nothing. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you may ask the Father in My name, He will give you.

James 1
17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, with whom there is no change or shifting shadow.

"Born" of the Spirit. A child of God at that birth. A "new" creation at that birth. The Sons of the resurrection "follow" that birth.
And Jesus wasn't a son of the resurrection until after his resurrection.

I don't argue against that. I believe Him. Just as I believe those "born" of the Spirit are the ones God calls His children and that timing is when one is in the flesh not at the resurrection. A new creation,
Why can't it be both?

Yet Jesus gave that life to those still in the flesh in that even though they die they will live and the who lives by believing in Him will never die.

I follow Jesus.
As you know I only agree in part. I hold Jesus is a born Son of the Father before all things with a beginning. (His spirit)
"Begotten of the Father before all worlds but not made"
Why do you only agree in part with what Jesus said?

My Lord has always been the Son and is Gods firstborn and He is all that the Father is. That will never change as I have heard from Him and know Him. That will never change, and we would be in continuous disagreement no matter how many posts are given.
I am just going to go with what the Bible says and what I have heard from God. I have heard from God and Jesus and know them both. However, unlike you, I always remain open to learning to receiving from God, from before the throne, more wisdom if it be His will. I don't presume to know it all and being open is how I have kept myself from getting trapped in a dogmatic box.

I could just as easily begin referring to all of the churches that agree with me. You don't have a point. Broad is the way that leads to destruction. Since when was popular opinion ever a guide for truth?
Baloney. Which "Christian" churches deny the preexistence of the Son? list them Well see if they use "Main stream" Christian doctrine or identify themselves differently as in "Unitarian" etc. Furthermore list early "church" Fathers that believed Jesus was just a glorified man. You have a considerable uphill battle. Didn't they also read the same NT as I? We only need to show the preexistence of the Son to refute your theology.
Me too, but Jesus didn't give it to you. What you got came from the Father.
The Spirit Jesus sends He received from the Father. Acts 2
John 16
23And in that day, you will ask of Me nothing. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you may ask the Father in My name, He will give you.
It is also written
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
James 1
17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, with whom there is no change or shifting shadow.
From whom vs through whom
And Jesus wasn't a son of the resurrection until after his resurrection.
God declared He was "His" Son.
And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Why can't it be both?
I don't remember what your replying to here. Both what?
Why do you only agree in part with what Jesus said?
What you really are asking is why I don't agree with your understanding. Because its mistaken.
I am just going to go with what the Bible says and what I have heard from God. I have heard from God and Jesus and know them both. However, unlike you, I always remain open to learning to receiving from God, from before the throne, more wisdom if it be His will. I don't presume to know it all and being open is how I have kept myself from getting trapped in a dogmatic box.
My Lord is all that the Father is, has always been a Son and was with the Father in the beginning. I read that in the testimony. My testimony is that my understanding is from Him therefore yours isn't. You seem to follow "Unitarian" testimony not your own.

Okay, then it isn't water.
What would men of the year 20 have thought amniotic fluid was ?
Water.
What do women, even today, say when their water breaks ?
"My water broke!"
Nicodemus replied to Jesus' declaration of the necessity to be born of water and Spirit with "“How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?”
Nic' didn't understand that the water birth pertained to a mother and child relationship, while the Spirit birth pertained to a relationship with God.
First birth from mom, second birth from God.
To which Jesus replied "Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit."
After some more words, Jesus said "If I have told you about earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things?"
Don't you see that the "water" birth was of the earth while the "Spirit" birth was from heaven ?
The heavenly thing that Jesus is referring to is John's water baptism of repentance where Jesus was anointed by God with His holy spirit and power.
That would mean there are three births.
Mom's, John's, and the Spirit's.
People getting baptized by John were not getting re-born.
I will ask you the simple question Jesus asked them and let's see if you know the answer:
Luke 20
3“I will also ask you a question,” Jesus replied. “Tell Me: 4John’s baptism—was it from heaven, or from men?”
Heaven, but only for the remission of sins.
But they aren't water baptized. Needing to be born from a woman isn't a Biblical doctrine for anything. Water baptism is all over the place in scripture. It's unlikely what you're saying is the point.
Being born from a woman is the first birth, and Jesus says men need to be born again.
The idea about being "born of water" aspect of what Jesus said in John 3 is about water baptism.
I disagree, as I have never read of anyone being reborn at John's baptism.
But Jesus partook of John's water baptism of repentance none the less.
Yes, to fulfill all righteousness.
Not for the remission for past sins or to be reborn.
No one who has been baptized ceases struggling against their flesh.
They won't need to struggle against their flesh anymore, as Paul says it was destroyed...in Rom 6:6..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
And again in Gal 5:24..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
Post-water baptism, Jesus was tempted to sin for 40 days by the devil himself.
Temptation won't end because of repentance, baptism, or rebirth: but service to sin will ! (John 8:32-34)

Colossians 2:16 ljv
16. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
IMHO the physical and ceremonial are not spiritual realities.
It's hard to understand what you refer to without some example.
Hidden in creation are truths about the Godhead.
True.
Hidden in religious ceremonies are ideas / truths about spiritual reality.
Yes, and the OT's traditions and ceremonies were presages, or shadows, of what was to come.
I don’t think all my redneck words will help
Your words too often are side-rails to the topics being discussed.

It's hard to understand what you refer to without some example.

True.

Yes, and the OT's traditions and ceremonies were presages, or shadows, of what was to come.

Your words too often are side-rails to the topics being discussed.
Stereoscopic vision is not for everyone. There are times I think it is not for me. I have trouble keeping my eye single. There is such a thing as rod and staff vision,

King David had the ability to see two areas at the same time. He had one path he wanted, but David could look at problems/sin at the same time.

As a deer seeking water was David’s view.

Today it is more (out of your belly shall come rivers of living water).

We can look at different beliefs. There is a battle inside us. The Holy Spirit strives against a part of us we do not want to see.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Stereoscopic vision is not for everyone. There are times I think it is not for me. I have trouble keeping my eye single. There is such a thing as rod and staff vision,

King David had the ability to see two areas at the same time. He had one path he wanted, but David could look at problems/sin at the same time.
You know that is not a good thing...right ?
Double-minded man, and all that...
As a deer seeking water was David’s view.
Today it is more (out of your belly shall come rivers of living water).
We can look at different beliefs. There is a battle inside us. The Holy Spirit strives against a part of us we do not want to see.
With the right belief, the battle has already been won.

Baloney. Which "Christian" churches deny the preexistence of the Son? list them Well see if they use "Main stream" Christian doctrine or identify themselves differently as in "Unitarian" etc. Furthermore list early "church" Fathers that believed Jesus was just a glorified man. You have a considerable uphill battle. Didn't they also read the same NT as I? We only need to show the preexistence of the Son to refute your theology.
The Bible's theology isn't refuted. Just because you can't use the Bible to support your beliefs doesn't mean we are going to go into the heretical teachings of the so called "early church fathers." There are many early writers who support what the Bible says, but there is a good reason many of the people you're referring to didn't make the cut to be put into the Bible.

The Spirit Jesus sends He received from the Father. Acts 2

It is also written
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
After Jesus said that. he later said there would be no need to ask him anymore.

God declared He was "His" Son.
And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
The Son of Man (a human) is the Son of God. There is no distinction.

Matt 16
13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.

What you really are asking is why I don't agree with your understanding. Because its mistaken.
No your understanding is mistaken.

My Lord is all that the Father is, has always been a Son and was with the Father in the beginning. I read that in the testimony. My testimony is that my understanding is from Him therefore yours isn't. You seem to follow "Unitarian" testimony not your own.
The Lord of Jesus is God. That means Jesus isn't God.

Matt 11
25...“I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth...

John 10
29My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all.

John 14
28...the Father is greater than I.

1 Corinthians 3
23and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.

1 Corinthians 11
3...and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 15
27For “God has put everything under His feet.” Now when it says that everything has been put under Him, this clearly does not include the One who put everything under Him.

Last edited:
What would men of the year 20 have thought amniotic fluid was ?
Water.
Eisegesis. No one handed someone a cup of amniotic fluid to someone when they said they were thirsty and asked for some water to drink.

What do women, even today, say when their water breaks ?
"My water broke!"
It isn't literally just water regardless of if people say that.

Nic' didn't understand that the water birth pertained to a mother and child relationship, while the Spirit birth pertained to a relationship with God.
First birth from mom, second birth from God.
Nic didn't understand what Jesus was talking about because Jesus wasn't referring to live birth. Otherwise, Nic would have understood exactly what Jesus was saying and there would have been no need to lecture him.

You think Nicodemus didn't believe in live birth? That isn't the point Jesus was making.

John 3
12If I have told you about earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things?

Don't you see that the "water" birth was of the earth while the "Spirit" birth was from heaven ?

That would mean there are three births.
Mom's, John's, and the Spirit's.
People getting baptized by John were not getting re-born.

Heaven, but only for the remission of sins.

Being born from a woman is the first birth, and Jesus says men need to be born again.

I disagree, as I have never read of anyone being reborn at John's baptism.

Yes, to fulfill all righteousness.
Not for the remission for past sins or to be reborn.
Okay we disagree. There are multiple schools of thought on this, but being born from a woman isn't something that people went around teaching in the Bible. They referred to water baptism with high frequency.

They won't need to struggle against their flesh anymore, as Paul says it was destroyed...in Rom 6:6..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
And again in Gal 5:24..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
I wouldn't recommend quoting single lines from Romans that proof text what you're trying to say. There is a lot going on in this book and just as much that, when isolated from all context, contradicts your point.

Did you read about Paul's struggle with sin in Romans 7?

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I admit that the law is good. 17In that case, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do. 20And if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So this is the principle I have discovered: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law. 23But I see another law at work in my body, warring against the law of my mind and holding me captive to the law of sin that dwells within me.

24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I serve the law of God, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Temptation won't end because of repentance, baptism, or rebirth: but service to sin will ! (John 8:32-34)
People still sin. Hence there are warnings to not continue in sin. Do you know what sin is?

The Bible's theology isn't refuted. Just because you can't use the Bible to support your beliefs doesn't mean we are going to go into the heretical teachings of the so called "early church fathers." There are many early writers who support what the Bible says, but there is a good reason many of the people you're referring to didn't make the cut to be put into the Bible.
Thats a direct error to state we can't use the bible to support our beliefs. A dishonest reply. You, by me and others, have over and over been presented direct teachings/testimony of the Apostles to show God made all things through Christ Jesus the Lord.
You except only the part that fits "your" theology which is Unitarian not your own.
Such as
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

But you reject everything given that doesn't fit your theology.
Such as
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
After Jesus said that. he later said there would be no need to ask him anymore.
I have been praying to Him as far back as my memory goes. I have heard from Him. He and the Father are one.
I belong to Him.
The Son of Man (a human) is the Son of God. There is no distinction.
He has always been the Son. He has not always been the Son of Man.
God created all things by Him.
Matt 16
13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.
I know who He is as I have fellowship with Him. My understanding of His relationship with the Father is from Him.
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
No your understanding is mistaken.
You are mistaken.
The Lord of Jesus is God. That means Jesus isn't God.
The Father is His God but in Him lives all the fullness of the Father.
He alone states that the one living in Him is the Father.
Matt 11
25...“I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth...
The Son loves His Father.
John 10
29My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all.
Yes He is.
John 14
28...the Father is greater than I.
Yes He is.
1 Corinthians 3
23and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.
True
1 Corinthians 11
3...and the head of Christ is God.
True.
1 Corinthians 15
27For “God has put everything under His feet.” Now when it says that everything has been put under Him, this clearly does not include the One who put everything under Him.
True.

It does not say that at all.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:16

Who was manifested in the flesh?

The Father or the Son?

My bible says that the Word became flesh.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1-3,14

Do you believe the Word is the Father of the Son?

JLB

So a person stands before us.

1. The person needs to know he has sinned and Repent. (Water Baptism)
2. This suddenly terrified person needs a solution to his condition. Belief in what Jesus did is the solution. (Raised with Christ).
3. The person now needs to have power to witness. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is that power.

One immersion into the Godhead,

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Eisegesis. No one handed someone a cup of amniotic fluid to someone when they said they were thirsty and asked for some water to drink.
So what ?
Are those reborn of God re-born of the Spirit ?
What other source does that leave for them to have been initially born from ?
Mom.
It isn't literally just water regardless of if people say that.
Agreed, but it sure looks like water.
Nic didn't understand what Jesus was talking about because Jesus wasn't referring to live birth. Otherwise, Nic would have understood exactly what Jesus was saying and there would have been no need to lecture him.
You think Nicodemus didn't believe in live birth? That isn't the point Jesus was making.
If he didn't understand it, why did he ask if a man had to re-enter into his mom's womb again ?
John 3
12If I have told you about earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things?
Yep, rebirth is a heavenly thing,
Okay we disagree. There are multiple schools of thought on this, but being born from a woman isn't something that people went around teaching in the Bible. They referred to water baptism with high frequency.
That is not much of a reaction to the things I wrote.
Are there three births for Christians ?
Mom's, John the Baptist's, and the Spirit's rebirth ?
I wouldn't recommend quoting single lines from Romans that proof text what you're trying to say. There is a lot going on in this book and just as much that, when isolated from all context, contradicts your point.
I prefer to use scriptures that validate my point.
The old man has been crucified and destroyed.
Did you read about Paul's struggle with sin in Romans 7?
Yes, but he was relating his struggles from when he was still walking after the flesh. (Rom 7:5)
His pre-conversion incarnation trying, unsuccessfully, to keep the Law.
14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I admit that the law is good. 17In that case, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do. 20And if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So this is the principle I have discovered: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law. 23But I see another law at work in my body, warring against the law of my mind and holding me captive to the law of sin that dwells within me.
That which held him captive, the law of sin, was dealt with in Rom 8:2.
It is written..."For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."
24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
That rescue from Paul's body of death, occurred in Rom 6:6.
It is written..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
25Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I serve the law of God, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
The perfect epilogue, ultimately serving the law of God in the mind, and free from the flesh once-and-for-all.
Who is in control ?
The mind, or the skin and bones ?
The mind !
People still sin. Hence there are warnings to not continue in sin. Do you know what sin is?
Only the unrepentant, unregenerated, not born of God's seed, continue to commit/serve sin.
God's seed cannot bring forth the fruit of the devil. (1 John 3:9-10)

Last edited:
Back