Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Worship In the Spirit

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
1 Samuel 16
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Jeremiah 17
10 I, the Lord, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways,
According to the fruit of his doings.

Luke 16
14 Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, also heard all these things, and they derided Him.
15 And He said to them,“You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

Matthew 15
7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

This is my understanding.

God searches the heart and knows the true motives of Who and What we worship. As He said, they honor Me with their lips but their heart is far from Me.

Our true nature is revealed within the contents of our heart. Only God is able to look into the inner being of man and see where that man's allegiance lies.

Very good post, this.

.......sometimes, a lot of times, the text in John 4:24 is misinterpreted and it leaves a lot of folks to believe that you must be a tongue talker to worship in 'Spirit'

9 Months?! Wow! That's mind boggling to think about. I think that when we go to heaven, that we will have that constantly, but of course we will have been transfigure and stronger constitutions by then also. You did indeed tell it right for I follow your post perfectly.

Ok, learn something new everyday. It is possible to function in the natural when in the Spirit. I certainly do not put it above God to make it possible. He strengthens us when we need it. :)

Thanks for clearing that up. That threw me for a loop when he called you Steve because I thought I had it right, that you're female, lol.

That's very insightful brother. Many times, many Christians are not able to do that, they put God in a box with negative connotations, when in fact there is nothing bad about sex to God. That it may be is part of Satan's lies. God can use imagery and language and so forth however He wants to. People need to believe more, and release God...so that we can receive and enter into the full promise of what He is anxious to give us. I like the analogy.

What are visions? Language. Picture is worth 1000 words. A good thing for us feeble minded flesh creatures, lol. :goodpost

I don't use that terminology much because so many folk have dirty minds. I can imagine that when the Holy Spirit came upon Mary to receive Jesus in her womb, the feeling of God almighty entering her soul and body must have been out of this world. I'm sure that when we meet Mary she will testify of the wonderful love of God in using her to birth the Savior of mankind.

I don't use that terminology much because so many folk have dirty minds. I can imagine that when the Holy Spirit came upon Mary to receive Jesus in her womb, the feeling of God almighty entering her soul and body must have been out of this world. I'm sure that when we meet Mary she will testify of the wonderful love of God in using her to birth the Savior of mankind.

I hear ya' brother. I've even heard it said that Mary was raped. This is not the case however. Gabriel told her first, and she replied

Luke 1:38
38 "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her./

People in biblical days were much more spiritually aware than today. Mary didn't freak out that an Angel had come. She wondered at the greeting, but that was all. People have spiritual blinders on today. Satans work.

9 Months?! Wow! That's mind boggling to think about. I think that when we go to heaven, that we will have that constantly, but of course we will have been transfigure and stronger constitutions by then also. You did indeed tell it right for I follow your post perfectly.

Ok, learn something new everyday. It is possible to function in the natural when in the Spirit. I certainly do not put it above God to make it possible. He strengthens us when we need it. :)

Thanks for clearing that up. That threw me for a loop when he called you Steve because I thought I had it right, that you're female, lol.

That's very insightful brother. Many times, many Christians are not able to do that, they put God in a box with negative connotations, when in fact there is nothing bad about sex to God. That it may be is part of Satan's lies. God can use imagery and language and so forth however He wants to. People need to believe more, and release God...so that we can receive and enter into the full promise of what He is anxious to give us. I like the analogy.

What are visions? Language. Picture is worth 1000 words. A good thing for us feeble minded flesh creatures, lol. :goodpost
I love the part about putting God in a box. This has been my scared Christian week. I have talked to several Christians who are so afraid. They have this "This sky is falling, the sky is falling mentality." They forget that God has it all under control. There is nothing that happens that isn't outside his control. But they count on the government, the doctors, and corporations to be their providers, healers, and protectors and they bring God out in a crisis. He is there all the time, but we just don't call on Him except when we are really in a pinch.

Oh my dear, you told it right! Although you are aware of your surroundings, you are captivated by the spiritual realm. Your mind and thoughts are in a different place although still aware of what you are doing. At time's you have to stop and get into a private place to raise your hands and weep. It is the Holy Spirit hugging you on the inside and there is not an emotion like that in this earthly realm, IT IS GOD!!
Glad I'm not the only one that has experienced this. For awhile there I thought I was going crazy.

I love the part about putting God in a box. This has been my scared Christian week. I have talked to several Christians who are so afraid. They have this "This sky is falling, the sky is falling mentality." They forget that God has it all under control. There is nothing that happens that isn't outside his control. But they count on the government, the doctors, and corporations to be their providers, healers, and protectors and they bring God out in a crisis. He is there all the time, but we just don't call on Him except when we are really in a pinch.

Oh so true Sandy!! And the tragic thing is some very good Christians forget when a trial comes to go to the Lord FIRST, give the Lord a chance to rescue. Sometimes He doesn't and we find His Grace sufficient to carry us through with His perfect will being carried out. Either way, He gets praise and worship.

On the 7th of February I'm having a colonoscopy, the fear is that I might have colon cancer. I am ready for whatever comes my way. Jesus is in charge of the whole thing. I'm not going to sacrifice 40 years of trusting the Lord for my life now, and seek help outside His will.

I don't know if you have made contact with Debbie who "For_His_Glory", http://www.ourchurch.com/member/m/ministering Check out her website, she and her husband Steve have a wonderful ministry. You may find some friendship with her.

Oh so true Sandy!! And the tragic thing is some very good Christians forget when a trial comes to go to the Lord FIRST, give the Lord a chance to rescue. Sometimes He doesn't and we find His Grace sufficient to carry us through with His perfect will being carried out. Either way, He gets praise and worship.

On the 7th of February I'm having a colonoscopy, the fear is that I might have colon cancer. I am ready for whatever comes my way. Jesus is in charge of the whole thing. I'm not going to sacrifice 40 years of trusting the Lord for my life now, and seek help outside His will.

I don't know if you have made contact with Debbie who "For_His_Glory", http://www.ourchurch.com/member/m/ministering Check out her website, she and her husband Steve have a wonderful ministry. You may find some friendship with her.
That's right my brother, never give up trusting Christ. He may not be finished using you here on earth yet. If He calls you home, guess where you are going. I'm jealous already. Whatever happens it is all in God's capable hands.

Agreed. They bring God out for a crisis. Nothing wrong with that, He wants to help. But! He wants us to bring Him out during no crisis also. You ever invite Him out with you for a simple cup of coffee that you're going for? :) I do. He's my friend and we go for coffee together.

I think that sometimes, when we have a trial and turn to God...sometimes He doesn't seem to respond to it. I think He does this for two reasons. One, to see if you will hold your faith, and two, when the crisis or trial becomes worse for you and you do continue to hold your faith, when He does finally deliver you out of the trial...it brings even more glory to God for the greater deliverance. Does that make sense?! Glory to God!

I used to make the mistake of, needing help, praying to God in the morning for help, then going about my day, and would find myself looking for help amongst my friends and so forth in the afternoon. What kind of faith is that? I already asked God for help! Be patient Edward and wait, lol! Was I expecting for God to instantly rain money manna down on me and when He didn't go ask my friend to borrow money?! That's presumptuous and almost acting like a spoiled brat. Not a good thing to do with GOD. :nono

Agreed. They bring God out for a crisis. Nothing wrong with that, He wants to help. But! He wants us to bring Him out during no crisis also. You ever invite Him out with you for a simple cup of coffee that you're going for? :) I do. He's my friend and we go for coffee together.

I think that sometimes, when we have a trial and turn to God...sometimes He doesn't seem to respond to it. I think He does this for two reasons. One, to see if you will hold your faith, and two, when the crisis or trial becomes worse for you and you do continue to hold your faith, when He does finally deliver you out of the trial...it brings even more glory to God for the greater deliverance. Does that make sense?! Glory to God!

I used to make the mistake of, needing help, praying to God in the morning for help, then going about my day, and would find myself looking for help amongst my friends and so forth in the afternoon. What kind of faith is that? I already asked God for help! Be patient Edward and wait, lol! Was I expecting for God to instantly rain money manna down on me and when He didn't go ask my friend to borrow money?! That's presumptuous and almost acting like a spoiled brat. Not a good thing to do with GOD. :nono
Love it, you are so right. Jesus wants to be our everything, not just an after thought.

Chopper you are in my prayers for your up coming colonoscopy and asking God that all will be good for you. I had one done a few years back and the worst part was drinking that yukky stuff!!!

Thank you Sandy. Yeah, God is so good to us, look at how much room he leaves for us in the relationship! God didn't need David to go fight his battle for him. He could have struck Goliath down with a lightning bolt. But He didn't. He said, hey let's go together. I'll be with you but you can handle this one. Do we understand how much of a privilege and honor that is?! How cool is that?!

A brother needed help one time. God didn't need me to help him. But He's so cool and was my best buddy about it. He said hey pray for your brother, and He let me activate the help through prayer. I think about this, and think wow that might be bigger than the help He gave the brother which needed it. Not only that, but it gave an Angel something to do that day. Job security, help support the kingdom and the body. I'm honored that He would find me worthy enough to help out in the situation. I appreciate that and give glory to God for it.

He let me help! :woot2

Edward you used the main word "patience". At times we do fall short of that as we allow the flesh to take over the Spirit. I never could understand why people would even consider putting God in a box and then use Him like a magic Jennie.

Edward you used the main word "patience". At times we do fall short of that as we allow the flesh to take over the Spirit. I never could understand why people would even consider putting God in a box and then use Him like a magic Jennie.

Exactly! He's not our personal magic wand, He's our friend, a person. It's good to have a friend that is willing to help, but if we only call them when we need something from them...how good of a friend are we being to them?! That's not nice!

How about. Lord, everything is going good today. I don't need help today, but wanted to say thanks for being my friend and come over for a casual visit today. Let's hang out together! Have some fun!

That's being a friend.

Listen you you were not invited as a mod so you could duck out :hips

Chopper you are in my prayers for your up coming colonoscopy and asking God that all will be good for you. I had one done a few years back and the worst part was drinking that yukky stuff!!!

:lol Thank you so much dear Debbie. Yep, that yukky stuff is gross, I'll get thru it, with the Lord's help. :pray

Listen you you were not invited as a mod so you could duck out :hips

That's the big reason that I believe that the Lord will sustain my life. I feel the Holy Spirit ministering through me almost all the time I'm on the Forum. I absolutely love the position you guys gave me, and I simply love all the Staff and those I can minister too. This Forum ministry is the most exciting way to share what Jesus has accomplished in my life. I see this being an extremely blessed ministry as Jesus help others and gives me those hugs on the inside....plus, having you in my life is simply the best. I can feel the compassion and love that you have for me. I wish we lived closer, I would love for the two of us to go to Friendly's Restaurant each week for coffee and fellowship. I would love to have you as a prayer partner, because I can feel the power of the Holy Spirit that is in you. Strange how we can actually sense these things in the spirit, I love it!

having the face to face friendship of other believers would be so comforting. I am so thankful for the internet, and the friends made here.

Some how and for some reason i think this thread is off topic and in the wrong forum.... Some times the postings are more important then the rules .... shh don't tell any one i said that ....:couch

having the face to face friendship of other believers would be so comforting. I am so thankful for the internet, and the friends made here.

Some how and for some reason i think this thread is off topic and in the wrong forum.... Some times the postings are more important then the rules .... shh don't tell any one i said that ....:couch

Said what??

Back