Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Worship In the Spirit

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Is there anything to be said if its just straight weeping? I mean absolutely no laughter at all, ever.

In the Spirit? Absolutely!! Sometimes I believe that the weeping can be the most encouraging emotion that Jesus can receive. That comes from a heart, that at that moment in time demonstrates a complete surrender of all emotion to Jesus and out of great gratitude all you can do is weep. That has never happened to me, but I envy those who have experienced that communion with Jesus.

I am new here but not new. I have had experiences with The Lord, in the secret place, too, and now feel so comfortable and loved here in this place. A wonderful friend told me about this site and I'm grateful. Thank You so much just for being here.

I weep a lot, Northman. Our God is so good.

Chopper A familiar term is being "Slain in the Spirit," and the following things Daniel experienced can affect any child of God as well.

Daniel 10:14.
I am come to make thee understand . .
the vision is for many days.

Daniel 10:15.
I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb

Daniel 10:16.
And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips
I have retained no strength.
by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me,"

Daniel 10:17-18.
For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord?
there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.

Daniel 10:18
and he strengthened me"

Isaiah 6:5. "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

A special presence is taking place between us and God in these encounters of direction to our lives. Notice the lack of strength in one place and being strengthened the next moment; possibly the very feelings Brother Chopper was experiencing.

I am new here but not new. I have had experiences with The Lord, in the secret place, too, and now feel so comfortable and loved here in this place. A wonderful friend told me about this site and I'm grateful. Thank You so much just for being here.

I weep a lot, Northman. Our God is so good.
Dear Sister in Christ, I'm so glad you're among us brethren of like belief, and hope we find mutual blessings in our Lord's presence here in fellowship one with the other. It's such a pleasure to welcome you.
:wave2

Chopper A familiar term is being "Slain in the Spirit," and the following things Daniel experienced can affect any child of God as well.

Daniel 10:14.
I am come to make thee understand . .
the vision is for many days.

Daniel 10:15.
I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb

Daniel 10:16.
And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips
I have retained no strength.
by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me,"

Daniel 10:17-18.
For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord?
there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.

Daniel 10:18
and he strengthened me"

Isaiah 6:5. "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

A special presence is taking place between us and God in these encounters of direction to our lives. Notice the lack of strength in one place and being strengthened the next moment; possibly the very feelings Brother Chopper was experiencing.

I have gone down twice, once with a catcher and one without. When I went down without a catcher, I felt nothing. Once I was standing in prayer and the next moment I was on the floor having a vision of the quiet waters of Shiloh.

Hi there Sister NeedTheLord, You have found a wonderful family of Saints of the Lord. So a warm New England greeting to you, in Jesus.

Whew. Already "Oh Lord, Your Presence In This Place is Overwhelming. Thank You!!!"

Thank you for the warm welcomes. See-The tears are flowing already. Love ya'll In Him, so much. I'm going to soak like a sponge.

Whew. Already "Oh Lord, Your Presence In This Place is Overwhelming. Thank You!!!"

Thank you for the warm welcomes. See-The tears are flowing already. Love ya'll In Him, so much. I'm going to soak like a sponge.

You are soooo welcome! In this remarkable Forum you become a loved family member. I have never found a place where the Holy Spirit of our loving God is so active. Not only will you find expert theologians to learn by, but you will be able to post here without anyone thinking that you're childish. There are folk here who have spiritual challenges as well as physical, and we have the privilege to pray for one another and give advise from our own background.

I will look forward to your threads and posts. If you have anything personal that you would like to discuss, click on my avatar, start a conversation, and I will attempt to help you in any way that I can thru our wonderful Savior, Christ Jesus....love you dear Sister.

Is there anything to be said if its just straight weeping? I mean absolutely no laughter at all, ever.

Yes. It is still worship and the Lord and goodness. I had an experience where I went to church, a new church for me that I received a referral (from a member of this site actually), that it was a good church etc., and I should check it out. So I did. When I walked into the church, oh the Spirit was strong in there. When they began singing hymns and I tried to join in by reading the lyrics on the screen, the Spirit came upon me very much, so I began weeping. Fleshy pride kicked in and I didn't want to look stupid, a grown man crying and all that, so I stopped singing and composed myself, then I tried to join in again.

The same thing happened. The Spirit of the Lord came upon me and I began weeping. I stopped again and wiped my eyes, composed myself and then began to try to sing yet again. There was the Spirit of the Lord again. I began weeping again. I knew it was the Spirit of the Lord so I tried to sing through it and continue to participate in worship. He is a wonderful God and deserves worship! So there I am dripping all over their carpet worshiping the Lord. I did a little better with a concentrated effort, but not much because the Spirit of the Lord seemed to grow stronger within me the Longer I worshiped (sang). So I struck a happy medium to save their rug and would sing a little, worship in spirit a little, sing some more, in the Spirit some more, and so forth.

I thought about this a lot. What I think it was (why I would weep), is because in the presence of such Holiness, my spirit had the realization of my sin and sinful nature, so what else can you do in that situation except weep?

Does that make sense? I think it does.

Yes. It is still worship and the Lord and goodness. I had an experience where I went to church, a new church for me that I received a referral (from a member of this site actually), that it was a good church etc., and I should check it out. So I did. When I walked into the church, oh the Spirit was strong in there. When they began singing hymns and I tried to join in by reading the lyrics on the screen, the Spirit came upon me very much, so I began weeping. Fleshy pride kicked in and I didn't want to look stupid, a grown man crying and all that, so I stopped singing and composed myself, then I tried to join in again.

The same thing happened. The Spirit of the Lord came upon me and I began weeping. I stopped again and wiped my eyes, composed myself and then began to try to sing yet again. There was the Spirit of the Lord again. I began weeping again. I knew it was the Spirit of the Lord so I tried to sing through it and continue to participate in worship. He is a wonderful God and deserves worship! So there I am dripping all over their carpet worshiping the Lord. I did a little better with a concentrated effort, but not much because the Spirit of the Lord seemed to grow stronger within me the Longer I worshiped (sang). So I struck a happy medium to save their rug and would sing a little, worship in spirit a little, sing some more, in the Spirit some more, and so forth.

I thought about this a lot. What I think it was (why I would weep), is because in the presence of such Holiness, my spirit had the realization of my sin and sinful nature, so what else can you do in that situation except weep?

Dear Brother Edward, I have read your testimony, I have felt your pain through revelation of the Holy Spirit, and I could only pray. Do you remember the scripture from Isa 61:3? To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness . .

God replaces that which we give to Him by bestowing and revealing us that peace that passes understanding. What do you mean Father? I have lost everything, my family would do me in if to their advantage, and yet I come here and tears of joy are flooding my souls in Your presence.

He knows our suffering and uses that to give us an inheritance that is beyond compare to be revealed new each day throughout eternity. The warmth, the comfort, and the love revealed made known to us in a personal way when we are in total submission in His presence is overwhelming; tears? You bet it makes sense.
:woot2

Dear Brother Edward, I have read your testimony, I have felt your pain through revelation of the Holy Spirit, and I could only pray. Do you remember the scripture from Isa 61:3? To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness . .

God replaces that which we give to Him by bestowing and revealing us that peace that passes understanding. What do you mean Father? I have lost everything, my family would do me in if to their advantage, and yet I come here and tears of joy are flooding my souls in Your presence.

He knows our suffering and uses that to give us an inheritance that is beyond compare to be revealed new each day throughout eternity. The warmth, the comfort, and the love revealed made known to us in a personal way when we are in total submission in His presence is overwhelming; tears? You bet it makes sense.
:woot2

It does make sense. Those are good thoughts to ponder. :chin

John 4:24;
"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth".

How do we worship in the Spirit?
Since Jesus' followers were not speaking in tongues at the time, how do we do this?

Jesus' followers were not worshiping in the Spirit and in truth "at the time", as I think.

Having seen "that glow" around dad was strange , strange to this world anyway, it was seen and felt. No doubt as to what/who it was... That raptured feeling for me seems to be around before times of deep trouble.

Why do you think that is?
I've read this post a couple different times, I hope it's OK to ask. If not just ignore.

I dont know if i can put it to words.... Why this?
That raptured feeling for me seems to be around before times of deep trouble.
In 67 years i have had ups and downs, mostly hills and valleys, but some mountains and canyons. Like most everyone..
The lord will bless me in some way then it seems the test comes.
Find a deep meaning full scripture your eyes are opened you share your joy.. then find your teenage daughter has ran away ..I trust Him. He had given me strength to weather the storm.....
Sharing God and Scripture with family. Loving what i am living. Kids and grandkids around to have it shatter. Again looking back i see He had supplied my need before i even knew....
Same as when the bad guys kicked in our door God took care of a lot before that evening...

I've read this post a couple different times, I hope it's OK to ask. If not just ignore.
Deb if one is posting in a forum asking about the post should not be a problem.... :)

Such a wonderful revelation that we are so sinful and can hardly stand in His Presence. It's true. Our own flesh and fleshly desires can not exist in His Presence-that's why we give up our lives-wanting to give it all up because In Him is the Answer. Many years before Jesus-my life was not worth living-to be honest. But The Lord my God has used so much of it to help others. I have also found over the years, in even seeking to be more like Jesus, and walking in those good works that He knew He would give me after I was saved and born again that I weep for the lost, I weep for all that the enemy has had victory over. Praying for them. That they Seek and Find. Knock and It Shall Be Opened. Ask and It Shall Be Given.

Such a wonderful revelation that we are so sinful and can hardly stand in His Presence. It's true. Our own flesh and fleshly desires can not exist in His Presence-that's why we give up our lives-wanting to give it all up because In Him is the Answer. Many years before Jesus-my life was not worth living-to be honest. But The Lord my God has used so much of it to help others. I have also found over the years, in even seeking to be more like Jesus, and walking in those good works that He knew He would give me after I was saved and born again that I weep for the lost, I weep for all that the enemy has had victory over. Praying for them. That they Seek and Find. Knock and It Shall Be Opened. Ask and It Shall Be Given.

Your post reminded me of an event long ago Sister. 1990 I had started a "house Church" in Portland, Maine. To make ends meet, I had a job driving Charter Coaches. One morning I was in a small coach picking up College students at their dorm and driving up Congress St. in downtown Portland. That early in the morning, the drunks were just waking up and staggering around. I looked at them and I prayed to Jesus to let me feel what He feels concerning these drunks. Immediately I burst into tears as if my heart was breaking. Above the inside of the windshield is a big mirror so I can see all my passengers. They were all staring at me, Ha ha, I had to wipe my eyes so that I could drive. Wow, not a good thing to do when you are driving 25 students. But, I know how Jesus feels about those who are down and out trying to escape this troubled world.

The result of that incident is, I'm more in tuned with the hurts and disappointments of alcoholics. Whenever I can, I speak to them and give them money to buy some food and tell them that it is Jesus who is giving them the money. If we are near a restaurant they go in. Yea, some of them will buy their booze to get thru another day or night.

Back