Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

I disagree what you say here. I choose to keep the scriptures in context. Hebrews 1:9 reads, "God, your God, anointed you." This scripture makes it clear that the one addressed in verse eight is not God, but one who worships God and is anointed by him.
Also Hebrews 1:8, 9 is a quotation from Psalms 45:6, 7, which was originally addressed to a human king of Israel. I don't think the writer of Psalm 45:6,7 thought this human king was Almighty God YHWH.
Scholar B.F. Westcott said: "It is scarcely possible that Elohim(God) in the original can be addressed to the king....This on the whole it seems best to adopt in the first clause the rendering: God is Thy throne(or Thy throne is God), that is 'Thy kingdom is founded upon God."'
Therefore a number of translations of the Bible, render Hebrews 1:8 as, "God is your throne." (See An American Translation, Moffatt, in the marginal reading in American Standard Version, Revised Standard Version and The New English Bible). It's clear that the "Son," Jesus Christ, has a God who is higher than he is.

I quoted Hebrews 1:8-10 to specifically highlight verse 10 that the Son…laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.

This is a quote from Zechariah 12:1 —

The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: Zechariah 12:1

We already know from 1 Peter 1:10-11 that it was the Spirit of Christ who spoke through the mouth of the prophets.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

Every time we see an Old Testament prophet speak saying thus says the LORD, it was the Spirit of Christ speaking.

To further amplify this truth we need only to look at more of the context of Zechariah 12 —

“And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.
Zechariah 12:10

Jesus Christ is LORD, YHWH the LORD God… to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus is returning with the saints on the last day —

Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the LORD my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

Zechariah 14:5

JLB

Every time we see an Old Testament prophet speak saying thus says the LORD, it was the Spirit of Christ speaking.
The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God, who is the Holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ is LORD, YHWH the LORD God… to the glory of God the Father.
That should read "to the glory of God the Father, who is also LORD, YHWH the LORD God."

You need to be careful with your language as your statements are exactly the types of things that Oneness theology teaches. Jesus is YHWH, but YHWH isn't Jesus. That must always be delineated to show the truth of the Trinity.

I agree.

The following is what I see from scripture.

These three are one.

One Spirit
One God
One Family

That should read "to the glory of God the Father, who is also LORD, YHWH the LORD God."

You need to be careful with your language as your statements are exactly the types of things that Oneness theology teaches. Jesus is YHWH, but YHWH isn't Jesus. That must always be delineated to show the truth of the Trinity.
I am not Oneness, nor do I use the word Trinity.

You need to be careful with how you present the Trinity, as many who do present Modalism, unknowingly.

For this doctrine I only use biblical words such as Godhead and
Elohim.

The name of the Son is Jesus; the Name above all names.

What is the name of God the Father?

JLB

Despite the assertion of some that Jesus Hebrew name should be spelled "Yahshua," I don't believe there is any evidence for this name in any known ancient Hebrew or Aramaic sources.
In the Judeo-Greek language of the New Testament, “Jesus” is written as Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous).

Here is something interesting for us to discuss about this subject.

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. Hebrews 4:8 NKJV

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. Hebrews 4:8 KJV

I believe Hebrews was originally written in Hebrew.

Jesus and Joshua both mean the same thing.

The LORD is salvation.

JLB

I agree.

The following is what I see from scripture.

These three are one.

One Spirit
One God
One Family
Yes, the three are one, but the one are also three. You are continually emphasizing the oneness aspect, which is exactly what Oneness theology does at the expense of the eternal diversity of the three.

I am not Oneness, nor do I use the word Trinity.

You need to be careful with how you present the Trinity, as many who do present Modalism, unknowingly.
I am presenting the Trinity accurately, but you are presenting the God of the Bibles as the unitarian God of Oneness with your continual referral to YHWH as Jesus only, without including the Father or the Holy Spirit, and by using only the title Spirit of Christ for the Holy Spirit, especially in reference to the OT. When you do so, it confuses the persons. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, who is also known by many other titles:

Spirit of Christ is only used twice in the Bible, once where it is equated with the Spirit of God. Spirit of Jesus (Christ) is only used twice. Spirit of his Son is used only once. Holy Spirit is used 93 times; Spirit (of truth, grace) around 96 times; Spirit of God 26 times; Spirit of the Father once.

The name of the Son is Jesus; the Name above all names.
Of course.

What is the name of God the Father?
YHWH, which is the name of the Trinity. Some argue that the NT use of "Father" is the Father's name.

Here is something interesting for us to discuss about this subject.

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. Hebrews 4:8 NKJV

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. Hebrews 4:8 KJV

I believe Hebrews was originally written in Hebrew.

Jesus and Joshua both mean the same thing.

The LORD is salvation.

JLB
Joshua name in Hebrew is spelled Jehoshua or Yehoshua but I've never seen it spelled Yahshua. This name Yahshua, people keep trying to insert in the scriptures but have no evidence from Hebrew or Aramaic sources that this is how God's name was spelled or that Joshua name was spelled that way.

As far as the book of Hebrews in the New Testament being written in the Hebrew language first then translated to the koine Greek language, there really is no evidence of that. You have those who believe it was first written in the Hebrew language but give no evidence of that. Most scholars teach like most of the New Testament that it was written in the Koine Greek language. The only book of the new testament they teach was originally written in Hebrew language then translated into the koine Greek language is the book of Matthew. So without evidence that says otherwise I'm going to agree that the book of Hebrews was written in the koine Greek language,

Despite the assertion of some that Jesus Hebrew name should be spelled "Yahshua," I don't believe there is any evidence for this name in any known ancient Hebrew or Aramaic sources.
In the Judeo-Greek language of the New Testament, “Jesus” is written as Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous).
Y'shua is Yahshua. Ye also is for Y, which stands for Yah. The Rabbi's changed the Hebrew language. In modern English Christ name is Joshua. The Jo also stands for Yah.

Scroll half way down to view chart: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theophoric_name

The Son stretched out the heavens and laid the foundation of the earth. That is the work of YHWH the LORD God.

But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And:
You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands
Hebrews 1:8-10

The Son, Jesus Christ spoke through the mouth of the prophets as YHWH; the LORD God.

The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: Zechariah 12:1

These scriptures refer to the Son, Jesus Christ who is identified as YHWH the LORD God.

JLB
I do not know how it is that you are not aware that the name of God has been removed from scriptures.
Yahwah is the Father, and Yahshua is the Son.

Joshua name in Hebrew is spelled Jehoshua or Yehoshua but I've never seen it spelled Yahshua. This name Yahshua, people keep trying to insert in the scriptures but have no evidence from Hebrew or Aramaic sources that this is how God's name was spelled or that Joshua name was spelled that way.

As far as the book of Hebrews in the New Testament being written in the Hebrew language first then translated to the koine Greek language, there really is no evidence of that. You have those who believe it was first written in the Hebrew language but give no evidence of that. Most scholars teach like most of the New Testament that it was written in the Koine Greek language. The only book of the new testament they teach was originally written in Hebrew language then translated into the koine Greek language is the book of Matthew. So without evidence that says otherwise I'm going to agree that the book of Hebrews was written in the koine Greek language,
The o is for LORD and is a reminder not to say Yahwah or Yahshua, but to say Lord.
The Jews are not to speak Gods name or Christ name.

I do not know how it is that you are not aware that the name of God has been removed from scriptures.
Yahwah is the Father, and Yahshua is the Son.

Where in scripture do we find Jesus referring to His Father as Yahwah?

IMG_1110.jpeg

יְהוֹשׁוּעַ Yᵉhôwshûwaʻ, yeh-ho-shoo'-ah; or יְהוֹשֻׁעַ

YEHOWSHUWA

The LORD is salvation

IMG_1111.jpeg

Strongs G2424

IMG_1112.jpeg

Where in scripture do we find Jesus referring to His Father as Yahwah?

Exodus 34:14
Do not worship any other god, for (the Lord / Yahwah,) whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

Matthew 4:10
Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ ”

Luke 4:8
Yahshua answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’ ”

In the scripture he is quoting, "the Lord," is Yahwah.

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New Testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. Then they would place the divine name in a safe place to keep. Following that, they then would burn the remainder of the scrolls in a fire. Rabbi Yose who lived during the second century AD states that, "One cuts out the reference to the Divine Name which are in them [the New Testament writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns." One of his characteristic sayings is, "He who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah,[John] and he who hated scholars [Yahshua] and his disciples; and that false prophet and those slanderers, will have no part in the future world." According to Wilhelm Bacher this was directed against the Hebrew Christians. And so it is an established fact then, that the Disciples of Christ did in fact write the Holy Name of God into the original New Testament.

There is no evidence that the Christians cut out the name of God in the over 5000 of the most ancient manuscripts distributed all over Alexandria and beyond. In fact, the NT contains the divine name over 900 times - the name, "Jesus."

"Jesus," the English form of the Hebrew "Jehoshua," meaning "Jehovah is Savior," is the most essential form of God name, even though you may detest this fact.

The NT Gospel to the Church (Romans 16:25-26; Ephesians 3:10-11), teaches that Christians are Witnesses of Lord Jesus, calling upon his name. “Jesus” in Hebrew is "Yehoshua," which is the Divine name.

Yeho (the Divine name) shua (cry for salvation).

We come to “Jesus” so we may receive life (John 5:37-40),

We Believe in “Jesus” so we may receive forgiveness and salvation (John 1:12; John 3:14-18; Acts 10:43; 1 John 3:23; 1 John 5:13),

We pray in “Jesus” name for all things to the Father (Hebrews7:24-25; John 14:13-16; John 16:23-24),

“Jesus” is the name we call upon for all things and for our salvation (1 Corinthians 1:1-2; Acts 4:12),
“Jesus” is the name we confess (Philippians 2:9-11; Romans 10:9-14),
“Jesus” is the name all believers were baptized in (all through the book of Acts),
“Jesus” is the name and person Christians rely on for salvation (John 3:16),
“Jesus” is the person to preach and witness for (Luke 24:45-48),
“Jesus” is who we are to be witnesses of – “Christian” Witnesses (Acts 1:8; Acts 11:26).

There is no other name God has given among men by which we must be saved (Acts 4:12; Ephesians 1:21; Philippians 2:9-11).

Back