Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Ye must be born again !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The obedience of faith?

There is no obedience of Faith unless one is born again first.

First comes total SUBMISSION! Acts 5:32

--Elijah

Obedience to Christ is the fruit of His Saving Obedience effecting New Life. Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Paul is teaching here, just as adam's disobedience made them experimentally sinners, So, Christ's Obedience shall make us experimentally Righteous.

The word Righteous means:

) righteous, observing divine laws

a) in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

Now one who is merely just in the flesh, not born again, they are not subject to the Laws and Commands of God, neither can they please God, So says Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited

Urk. You misread my statement LOL!!! :) I was Telling Savedbygrace57 What he believes. It is called Calvinism. Calvinist have to word things fancy because they really don't believe a gospel is needed as God picks and chooses how is saved or not saved and nobody can take them from the fathers hand. However they being Christians can't admit to what they really believe, and to be honest I think a whole lot of them believe the extra fluff. I know savedbygrace57 from years back, and have already done the scripture war thing with him on several occasions. The only opinion that matters to Savedbygrace57 is His. You can't reason with him at all. I am totally against any form of election Doctrine except that when you were bought and paid for with a price you became a body part, a Workmanship made for the master. That means you have a end and begging declared by God as a path to follow. If you do the will of God, things go well, if not then your off the path of righteousness and in the dark. Things come up off God's path that God never intended you to experience.

God does not pick who goes to Heaven or Hell. The Word of God being preached is powerful enough to cause faith in any human to respond (Rom 10:17) Every man was also given "THE" measure of faith that every human would have to ignore the fact there is a creator to ignore the gospel by choice. Some have to hear several times before making the right choice, as God is full of mercy.

I also take it a step further that we are to choose death or life, blessings or cursing. It is recorded in Heaven against us. Since it's recorded and our choice then God is not picking or even knows what mans response to him will be in the future, but acts according to man's response. God has declared the end, from the start of all things and it will all happen according to what God speaks, but each man's role in that scheme will be determined by that mans responsiveness to the plan of God and obedience to the Lord. For if God knew at any point a man would choose hell, then God alone would still be the one choosing as it is written that God puts the spirit in the body of man. You don't set of disaster knowing anything ahead of time as God does not knowingly set up disasters or do wrong.

For God had said I will give you the promise Land. That was His plan and purpose, but they did not enter in because of unbelief against the will of God. That was not God's plan, but their choice.

So even though there is hard core election, I am way, way on the opposite side of it.

Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread closed for clean up I will reopen after sorting stuff out.... ..... CFnet is not a personal battle ground for members...

ChristianForums.net aspires to provide a place where Christians can come together in fellowship for encouragement, inspiration, and strength to help build each other up and grow in our walk of faith through honest and open discussion, study, reflection, and prayer.

ChristianForums.net desires to serve non-Christians, seeking answers to questions about Christianity, by sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ so they too may acquire the hope, joy, and peace that come from fellowship with the saving grace of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Thread is reopened.... If I missed deleting or editing your posts forgive me. Personal attacks should not be here...

2.5: Respect each others' opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself.

Not necessarily directed at the last poster.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back