Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Ye must be born again !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is written to believers who are already born again

Yes, but He was explaining how they were born again and the effects of it. They were born again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the Dead, and that New Birth produced the living hope and faith. This seems to be a difficult truth for you grasp, if your next response continues to show such lack of understanding, I will just ignore you from here on out on this matter !

Yes, but He was explaining how they were born again and the effects of it. They were born again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the Dead, and that New Birth produced the living hope and faith. This seems to be a difficult truth for you grasp, if your next response continues to show such lack of understanding, I will just ignore you from here on out on this matter !

Instead of avoiding my simple question, just answer it.

Are you saying someone can be born again who has not heard the gospel?

JLB

Instead of avoiding my simple question, just answer it.

Are you saying someone can be born again who has not heard the gospel?

JLB

I have stated my position by scripture these several times, 1 Pet 1:3, Teaches that one was born again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

It says nothing here of believing the Gospel now does it ? So, consider this my last response to you !

I have stated my position by scripture these several times, 1 Pet 1:3, Teaches that one was born again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

It says nothing here of believing the Gospel now does it ? So, consider this my last response to you !

I thought that was what you were insinuating by your post's.

You believe no Gospel message is necessary to be born again.

As well as you other post's which basically say "we are saved by grace" and "predestined unto salvation" so there is nothing for us to do, no Gospel for us to believe because we are "born again" by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Does that about sum up your position?

The only problem is you have no scripture to support your "position".

JLB

In the Regeneration !

The New Birth and Regeneration are distinct, but yet they go hand in hand and cannot be really divided. One is a Noun in scripture, a Place in Christ, that is Regeneration, and the other is the Effect of being in that Place, New Birth !

The fact is this, everyone Christ died for, His Body the Church Eph 5:23-25

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Has been or are Regenerated, or in the Regeneration ! Its a Place ! Matt 19:28

28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

In the Regeneration !

The New Birth and Regeneration are distinct, but yet they go hand in hand and cannot be really divided. One is a Noun in scripture, a Place in Christ, that is Regeneration, and the other is the Effect of being in that Place, New Birth !

The fact is this, everyone Christ died for, His Body the Church Eph 5:23-25

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Has been or are Regenerated, or in the Regeneration ! Its a Place ! Matt 19:28

28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Ok, so it took you 7 months to reply, but nothing has changed.

It still takes a person to proclaim the Gospel Message and another person to believe the Gospel message to be saved.

13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." 14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!" 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?" 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:13-17

So then faith comes by hearing the Gospel Message.

9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

So without hearing the Gospel message, which is the incorruptible seed of the word, there is no faith and consequence there is no salvation.

You are for some reason trying to get people to believe in a False Gospel!

Why?

JLB

Hope and Faith from New Birth !

That the Hope we receive from the New Birth by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead as Per 1 Pet 1:3

That this Hope is the same as Faith, is because we could not Hope [Spiritual Hope] for Eternal Things as Per Col 1:23

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

They are joined together here 1 Pet 1:21

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Because the Gospel brings to Faith's Eye, things we hope for that are naturally unseen, so Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for, the evidence of things not seen, of which Christ Himself set forth in the Gospel Hope is Unseen 1 Pet 1:7-8

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

It takes that New Birth to See and Rest in a Unseen Christ, who is spiritually set forth in the Gospel Gal 3:1

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?121

Hope and Faith from New Birth !

That the Hope we receive from the New Birth by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead as Per 1 Pet 1:3

That this Hope is the same as Faith, is because we could not Hope [Spiritual Hope] for Eternal Things as Per Col 1:23

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

They are joined together here 1 Pet 1:21

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Because the Gospel brings to Faith's Eye, things we hope for that are naturally unseen, so Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for, the evidence of things not seen, of which Christ Himself set forth in the Gospel Hope is Unseen 1 Pet 1:7-8

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

It takes that New Birth to See and Rest in a Unseen Christ, who is spiritually set forth in the Gospel Gal 3:1

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?121

Yes, The truth is, the only way to be born again, is to believe the Gospel Message, which is the incorruptible seed.

14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:14

JLB

jlb

Yes, The truth is, the only way to be born again, is to believe the
Gospel Message, which is the incorruptible seed.

14 How then shall
they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they
believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And
how shall they hear without a preacher?
Romans 10:14

You quoted my post but evaded the points thereof. Can you discuss them with me ?

JBL:
So without hearing the Gospel message, which is the incorruptible seed of the word, there is no faith and consequence there is no salvation.

You are for some reason trying to get people to believe in a False Gospel!

Why?

It is called Calvinism JBL. It's a very prominent Doctrine in many baptist churches who also believe OSAS. Savebygrace57 is a Hard Core Calvinist since I have known him a few years back. He's not changed a bit.

By election, God before the World ordained those who will be saved (The elect) and those who get to roast in Hell. Saving grace is imparted to the Elect to have the faith to respond to the gospel. Those without this Saving grace can not respond to the gospel for they don't have faith and it's foolish to them. So, they preach the gospel and if someone God has pre-elected hears they respond and get saved (Though they would have been saved anyway as the gospel is a mere technicality to get out of the way)

God picks and chooses everything, so no faith required but what God put in them.

Even so.........

Most, and I do mean most believers have a watered down version of Calvinism they do believe, though they won't admit any belief in an election doctrine. Anytime you hear God is sovereign then you are hearing from someone that has some election doctrine in them. Sovereign means God does what he wants, to who he wants, when he wants, despite what He said in his Word.

Mike.

So, they preach the gospel and if someone God has pre-elected hears they
respond and get saved (Though they would have been saved anyway as the gospel
is a mere technicality to get out of the way
)

That's so irreverent to the Gospel and Salvation. For the Gospel is designed to bring to light the Life and Immortality of the Salvation Christ accomplished for those He died. 2 Tim 1:9-10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

That Life is their New Life from New Birth, and the Gospel brings it to Light !

And the PROFESION is nothing without Obedience as in James 2:26!

--Elijah

Savedbygrace57
That's so irreverent to the Gospel and Salvation. For the Gospel is designed to bring to light the Life and Immortality of the Salvation Christ accomplished for those He died. 2 Tim 1:9-10

No savedbygrace57 You believe God has an elect that He has predestined before the foundation of the Word that may have fellowship with Christ Jesus in saving grace. You believe it's for "Those" he died for because you don't believe He died for everyone but God's elect. This is the same stuff you have been speaking since I met you a few years back. Call it what it is. If God picked and choose who gets saved then nothing stops that, and there is no need for any gospel to be preached so that you can be saved. Gospel or no Gospel if God picked you then you are the one Jesus choose to die for and that can not be stopped.

you believe in a extreme election doctrine, and you should call it as it is.
Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=7377]Brother Mike[/MENTION] If God chooses who goes to heaven and hell, what's the point of free will or living life in general.

@Brother Mike If God chooses who goes to heaven and hell, what's the point of free will or living life in general.

There is almost no point, and what free will you thought you had would be an illusion.

Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
The obedience of faith?

There is no obedience of Faith unless one is born again first.

First comes total SUBMISSION! Acts 5:32

--Elijah

Why then did Christ God destroy ALL the pre/
flood ones then!

You guys remind me of the Jew that came to the altar & instead of offering the lamb & going on further with the washings at the required laver, he just said that the Rom. 8:1 thing was ALL DONE and finished at the cross and then went back home as lost as could be! Only 1/2 of a Christian is NO Christian without Rom. 8:14!
Of being LED! And which ones were these ones?

--Elijah

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back