Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

YHWH is Jesus Christ himself, the Son of the Invisible Almighty God Father.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What blessings have you recently shared?
Regards.
For many, this site is a blessing.

Jesus said,
English Standard Version
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

Here is a funny thing though. Often, the blessings we think were sharing are often the ones overlooked. The real blessings occur, I believe, with the things we do or say that we don’t even recognize as a blessing.
I will share this with you though. My Step Mother has terminal Cancer. Her days are numbered in single digit months. She described me as the stalwart in the family. My Daughter calls me her rock. I am not her rock, nor am I the stalwart. What they see in me is Christ.

Jesus said,
English Standard Version
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

Here is a funny thing though. Often, the blessings we think were sharing are often the ones overlooked. The real blessings occur, I believe, with the things we do or say that we don’t even recognize as a blessing.
I will share this with you though. My Step Mother has terminal Cancer. Her days are numbered in single digit months. She described me as the stalwart in the family. My Daughter calls me her rock. I am not her rock, nor am I the stalwart. What they see in me is Christ.
What stalwart things would that be?

Thanks.

Now answer my question.
Ok. IF the Garden of Eden existed prior to Earth being livable. (able to support life), then yes. The Lord physically existed in a spiritual body before the world was made( finished). If the Earth was fully complete and livable and Eden was simply a separated place on Earth then ...no. Jesus only transformed into a spiritual body as He made a physical world to walk in. He walked in the garden. This depends on whether God's creation sorted itself out as Adam and Eve resided in Eden.
I don't know of any verses that he had a body before that point. He saw Satan cast from Heaven like a thunderbolt, but it does not state He needed or had a body at that point. His word accomplished that. No body needed.
Ok. That's the best my puny mind could do.

Did you find something relevant as an answer? Perhaps not. How might I pray for your skills to give articulate witness of the Light you have in Christ?

I gave my answer.

Here it is again.

For me personally, there is a constant drawing upon my heart, to interceed, worship, and pray in the Spirit... spending time with Him to fellowship with Him. This always keeps me sensitive to His Voice to do His will.

What stalwart things would that be?

Thanks.

So you feel the only way for him to give you an adequte answer is list person family details.

Lets consider his answer sufficient, and not insult him by insinuating what he chose to share with you is somehow inadequte.

JLB

More than likely my life... it’s not so much what I do, but who I am. But more so than that, it’s who Christ is.

So you feel the only way for him to give you an adequte answer is list person family details.

Lets consider his answer sufficient, and not insult him by insinuating what he chose to share with you is somehow inadequte.

JLB
Let's not relegate answers as worth believing if they are merely imaginations.

Let's not relegate answers as worth believing if they are merely imaginations.
Sir, with all due respect, Christ in me is not imaginative. And His life in me is reflected in what I do. Please stop with you passive aggressive questions.

I have answered your questions so in fairness, why do you believe my answer is from my imagination?

Ok. IF the Garden of Eden existed prior to Earth being livable. (able to support life), then yes. The Lord physically existed in a spiritual body before the world was made( finished). If the Earth was fully complete and livable and Eden was simply a separated place on Earth then ...no. Jesus only transformed into a spiritual body as He made a physical world to walk in. He walked in the garden. This depends on whether God's creation sorted itself out as Adam and Eve resided in Eden.
I don't know of any verses that he had a body before that point. He saw Satan cast from Heaven like a thunderbolt, but it does not state He needed or had a body at that point. His word accomplished that. No body needed.
Ok. That's the best my puny mind could do.
Why not just read Genesis 1 and 2 as close to face value as possible? It seems pretty straightforward enough.

As far as Satan being cast down, there are alternative ways to understand Isaiah. But it takes a small history lesson.

Sir, with all due respect, Christ in me is not imaginative. And His life in me is reflected in what I do. Please stop with you passive aggressive questions.

I have answered your questions so in fairness, why do you believe my answer is from my imagination?
Your answer to my question about how you personally are aware of the Light was to for some unrelated reason to mention your wife. I did not ask about your wife. The question was straight forward about the Light, not about your wife.

How are you aware of Christ's Light in you? Did you need your wife to tell you about your Light?

Your answer to my question about how you personally are aware of the Light was to for some unrelated reason to mention your wife. I did not ask about your wife. The question was straight forward about the Light, not about your wife.
I fear you must be confusing me with some other fellow. Or my memory is lapsing. I do not recall mentioning my wife.
How are you aware of Christ's Light in you?
please see my previous post ( post 39)

Did you need your wife to tell you about your Light?
Please stop with your passive aggressive behavior.

When you registered your account, you were sent a copy of our community message. (This is also on the front of our forum). In it, we state,

The list is long of online forums built upon the foundation of debate, mistrust, and endless disagreements. This has defined our community and countless others. We are convicted and committed to be so much more as a community in Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." (ESV)

Your passive aggressive behavior does not lend itself to our vision. We, the Administrative staff understands that all of us are a work in progress so please take this as constructive criticism. Please refrain from being passive aggressive and learn to find the truths we all share so we can build one another up.

Please consider this.

I fear you must be confusing me with some other fellow. Or my memory is lapsing. I do not recall mentioning my wife.

please see my previous post ( post 39)

Please stop with your passive aggressive behavior.

When you registered your account, you were sent a copy of our community message. (This is also on the front of our forum). In it, we state,

The list is long of online forums built upon the foundation of debate, mistrust, and endless disagreements. This has defined our community and countless others. We are convicted and committed to be so much more as a community in Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." (ESV)

Your passive aggressive behavior does not lend itself to our vision. We, the Administrative staff understands that all of us are a work in progress so please take this as constructive criticism. Please refrain from being passive aggressive and learn to find the truths we all share so we can build one another up.

Please consider this.
Thanks. I misread "life" to be "wife." Please give her my apologies.

Regards.

Thanks. I misread "life" to be "wife." Please give her my apologies.
No need to apologize to her. She is not aware of our conversation.
I do honestly hope we can get past being snarky toward one another. I’m sure you’ve got many good traits. I can see one of your traits as being honest.

I am curious, and since I’ve shared my thought in post 39, would you be willing to answer that same question you’ve asked many of us?
I look forward to reading your reply.

Jeff

Jesus said,
English Standard Version

No need to apologize to her. She is not aware of our conversation.
I do honestly hope we can get past being snarky toward one another. I’m sure you’ve got many good traits. I can see one of your traits as being honest.

I am curious, and since I’ve shared my thought in post 39, would you be willing to answer that same question you’ve asked many of us?
I look forward to reading your reply.

Jeff
I will assume you, as well, both have and are acquiring good traits which serve fine intentions.

The question in #39 was about awareness of Light, as specified in 1 John 1:7. "If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanses us from all sin."

The "he" spoken in the first phrase has to be God the Father, rather than Christ, since the most recently identified person is in vs. 5 "God" the Father. Then, Jesus Christ "his" Son is spoken of in vs. 7. Verse 7 is referring to the Light that God the Father currently is in while being in Heaven.

There exists no place on Earth where the literal Light of Heaven is shining. At best, then, this phrase describes the popular metaphor of walking with the Holy Spirit. After asking many people for years how they actually walk routinely in the Light of the Holy Spirit, after hearing many spoken testimonies, after reading many saintly accounts, and after reading Theological material, I have yet to obtain any kind of articulate answer or to see a demonstration of walking in the Light. Yes, thinking upon Scriptural principles and commands can guide Believers.

I have concluded that the 1 John 1:7 "walking in the Light" is not just a metaphor, but rather, as the Church today is so far removed from the incredible Power of the First Century Church under the Apostles, it is now a far fetched ideal for anyone.

Please do not try to offer comment on what you would think is my "discouragement," or such. I am far from discouraged upon it. No need for consolation.

I will assume you, as well, both have and are acquiring good traits which serve fine intentions.
If you are referring to my wife and I, we do our best. Thank you.

The question in #39 was about awareness of Light, as specified in 1 John 1:7. "If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanses us from all sin."
First, I don’t believe I asked any questions in post 39. I was only giving you my understanding of the question asked. If I had known you were specifically referring to 1John 1:7 , I would have addressed that specific passage. As I stated in post 39, my answer was not exhaustive.

The "he" spoken in the first phrase has to be God the Father, rather than Christ, since the most recently identified person is in vs. 5 "God" the Father. Then, Jesus Christ "his" Son is spoken of in vs. 7. Verse 7 is referring to the Light that God the Father currently is in while being in Heaven.
I agree.
There exists no place on Earth where the literal Light of Heaven is shining.
Have you considered the first three paragraphs in John 1? I see this redacting to the words of Jesus.

Jesus said,
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

. At best, then, this phrase describes the popular metaphor of walking with the Holy Spirit.
Im not familiar with that popular metaphors. Can you explain it to me please?

, I have yet to obtain any kind of articulate answer or to see a demonstration of walking in the Light.
When I gave my answer to this in post 39, I was simply expressing my understanding of what light meant. Again, it was no exhaustive.
I believe that God created each of us differently. Ask 12 people the same question and you may very well get 12 different answers. It doesn’t mean one is right and the other 11 are wrong.

Israel was comprised of 12 tribes. Each of them distinctly different in many ways. Yet collectively, as a whole they represented Israel. Unity is not always uniformity. Some of us are feet, others hands. It simply means we serve different functions within the body. Because we serve different functions, our perspectives are often different simply because we look at things from a different point of view. Think of the view of the ground that a foot has compared to an ear...

I have concluded that the 1 John 1:7 "walking in the Light" is not just a metaphor, but rather, as the Church today is so far removed from the incredible Power of the First Century Church under the Apostles, it is now a far fetched ideal for anyone.
And like yourself, I don’t see it as a metaphor either. And as Gods Children, we emanate His light. I believe His light becomes our light. Again, it’s not “us”. Instead, it’s Christ “within us”.

I believe this light can be seen in the things we do. We choose to do good or we choose to do bad. We choose life or we choose death. We choose light, or to remain in darkness. Again, darkness is the absence of light.

Please do not try to offer comment on what you would think is my "discouragement," or such. I am far from discouraged upon it. No need for consolation.
I suppose I didn’t see that as a discouragement.

Here is a Brief Chronology of the 7 Days or Ages of Creation of Our PHYSICAL HEAVENS - Genesis 1&2 :

Before the first Day
, God (Elohim) created Air and Ground without form (Dust) and darkness/death was upon everything He had made apart from Him, so God said: Let there be Light; and there was light. Gen 1:1-3

Day 1- YHWH, the Son of God, came forth into the physical world to defeat the darkness which was upon everything God had created Apart from his spiritual realm. His Image (Son of God) is brighter than the Noonday Sun.

Day 2 - YHWH or Jesus made a firmament or boundary of Adam's world and placed it in the midst or middle of the Water, and God called it "heaven". Gen 1:6-8

Day 3- Jesus caused the BB to happen with the Brightness of his Glory ..... and AFTER it cooled off He made Adam's Earth and another two more HeavenS, but before He made the plants, He made man of the dust of the ground. Gen 2:4-7

Day 4 - The first Stars of our 2nd Heaven put forth their light into our Cosmos, which began as the Big Bang, on the 3rd Day Gen 2:4

Day 5 - The heaven and the earth which are now is completed. Every living creature that moves was created and brought forth from the waters by the TRINITY, on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21

Day 6- Jesus makes the beasts of the field and birds, Adam names them, and then Jesus makes Eve. Adam sins and is cast out from the Garden. A&E have two sons and Cain kills Abel. Seth was born and during his generations, men started to call upon the name of the Lord (Gen 4:26)

Then God speaks AGAIN. Let US make man in OUR Image, after our likeness:. Gen 1:26 ; Gen 5:1-2 Adam and Eve were BOTH "created in God's Image" In Christ. They were born again Spiritually, just as ALL of mankind MUST be born again in order to inherit the Third Heaven, the object of the 6 Creative Days.

This brings us up to the present TIME, today, 2019 for God is STILL creating Adam (Heb-mankind) in His Image or in Christ, TODAY.

The end of the present 6th Day is in the Future because the events of Gen 1:28-31 are Prophecy of things which will not happen until AFTER Jesus returns to this Earth at the end of the present 6th Day.

Isaiah 11 tells us that AFTER Jesus returns the Lion will eat Straw like the Ox. Isa 11:7 Has everyone heard that the Lion will lay down by the Lamb when Jesus returns? Now, you know that it will happen TODAY, on the present 6th Days or Age of Genesis. The 7th Day or God's rest is FUTURE.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Our God is an awesome God.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

God bless

Modify message

seve,

Please provide biblical support for the Son of God's physical existence before the world was created.

Oz

Sure, please find the below for your Additional Learning and Biblical Insight.

Jesus is the Light of the 1st Day. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

At the Garden of Gethsemane, just before His crucifixion, Jesus prays to the Father and said:

And now, O Father, glorify thou Me with Thine Own Self with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was. John 17:5 (Note: The Father has His Own Self Being separate from the Son even BEFORE the World was)

Before the world was can only be the 1st Day
, since the first World was made on the 2nd Day. Gen 1:6-8 NOT Gen.1:1 which is just a Preface of the Introduction of the Story of the Beginning of Our Physical Worlds.

Jesus, the Son, is the Image of the Invisible Spirit of God, physically, the firstborn of every creature.

Who is the image of the invisible God, the FIRSTBORN of Every Creature:
Col 1:15

Glory is Brightness, a Physical trait. Jesus is speaking of the Brightness of his glory which He shared with the Father, Before the world was (Gen 1:3). He came forth into the Physical World, from the Invisible Spirit of the Almighty God Father, in the Beginning of the 1st Day - BEFORE the World was.

The Brightness of the Glory of Jesus, the Son, served as the Light of the 1st Day, the Light of the first 3 Days, since the physical Sun was not made until the 4th Day. Jesus would also be the Light of the New Heaven in the end:

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. Rev 21:23

Jesus is the beginning (Alpha) and the end (Omega). Jesus is LORD.

Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands.
v9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Conclusion: Jesus Christ is YHWH himself, the Son of the invisible Almighty God Father, of whom No man hath seen at anytime NOR His name has been revealed to anyone at this time.

God bless

Last edited:
If you are referring to my wife and I, we do our best. Thank you.

First, I don’t believe I asked any questions in post 39. I was only giving you my understanding of the question asked. If I had known you were specifically referring to 1John 1:7 , I would have addressed that specific passage. As I stated in post 39, my answer was not exhaustive.

I agree.

Have you considered the first three paragraphs in John 1? I see this redacting to the words of Jesus.

Jesus said,
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Im not familiar with that popular metaphors. Can you explain it to me please?

When I gave my answer to this in post 39, I was simply expressing my understanding of what light meant. Again, it was no exhaustive.
I believe that God created each of us differently. Ask 12 people the same question and you may very well get 12 different answers. It doesn’t mean one is right and the other 11 are wrong.

Israel was comprised of 12 tribes. Each of them distinctly different in many ways. Yet collectively, as a whole they represented Israel. Unity is not always uniformity. Some of us are feet, others hands. It simply means we serve different functions within the body. Because we serve different functions, our perspectives are often different simply because we look at things from a different point of view. Think of the view of the ground that a foot has compared to an ear...

And like yourself, I don’t see it as a metaphor either. And as Gods Children, we emanate His light. I believe His light becomes our light. Again, it’s not “us”. Instead, it’s Christ “within us”.

I believe this light can be seen in the things we do. We choose to do good or we choose to do bad. We choose life or we choose death. We choose light, or to remain in darkness. Again, darkness is the absence of light.

I suppose I didn’t see that as a discouragement.
Share how Christ emanates His Light through your personal deeds. Jesus in Matt. 5:16 speaks directly to doing this.

I gave my answer.

Here it is again.

For me personally, there is a constant drawing upon my heart, to interceed, worship, and pray in the Spirit... spending time with Him to fellowship with Him. This always keeps me sensitive to His Voice to do His will.
How are you aware of His voice always keeping you sensitive to His will? What actually happens in that process?

Sure, please find the below for your Additional Learning and Biblical Insight.

Jesus is the Light of the 1st Day. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

At the Garden of Gethsemane, just before His crucifixion, Jesus prays to the Father and said:

And now, O Father, glorify thou Me with Thine Own Self with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was. John 17:5 (Note: The Father has His Own Self Being separate from the Son even BEFORE the World was)

Before the world was can only be the 1st Day
, since the first World was made on the 2nd Day. Gen 1:6-8 NOT Gen.1:1 which is just a Preface of the Introduction of the Story of the Beginning of Our Physical Worlds.

Jesus, the Son, is the Image of the Invisible Spirit of God, physically, the firstborn of every creature.

Who is the image of the invisible God, the FIRSTBORN of Every Creature:
Col 1:15

Glory is Brightness, a Physical trait. Jesus is speaking of the Brightness of his glory which He shared with the Father, Before the world was (Gen 1:3). He came forth into the Physical World, from the Invisible Spirit of the Almighty God Father, in the Beginning of the 1st Day - BEFORE the World was.

The Brightness of the Glory of Jesus, the Son, served as the Light of the 1st Day, the Light of the first 3 Days, since the physical Sun was not made until the 4th Day. Jesus would also be the Light of the New Heaven in the end:

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. Rev 21:23

Jesus is the beginning (Alpha) and the end (Omega). Jesus is LORD.

Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands.
v9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Conclusion: Jesus Christ is YHWH himself, the Son of the invisible Almighty God Father, of whom No man hath seen at anytime NOR His name has been revealed to anyone at this time.

God bless
How does this direct your personal daily life?

Back