Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

-You be the judge for how near we are to the End-

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
@Edward : ...but meanwhile we are here to serve Him, right?

@questdriven : Strrictly speaking, events in the world linked to future prophecy are not linked to the church. So yes, what happens in Israel may have a bearing on future events, but they do not directly have a primary bearing on what the church is supposed to be doing: preaching the Gospel to every creature.

Blessings.

sir, the fact that when my state made gay adoption illegal the lesbians lived together and raised their kids. the same is gay men. while I wont vote for gay rights. it would be ignorant to say that in the past that didn't happen.

the church is what is the problem, not the sinners in America.

We have no problem there! Rev. 17:1-5 . Yet, aids is running rampant all over the world. And what class of folks are the problem there? (all over the world)
Several months back Tom Brocraw on the evening news stated that it is in Bibical proportions.

--Elijah

@Edward : ...but meanwhile we are here to serve Him, right?

We sure are. We allow Him to do His work through us. We pray continuously, stay in His presence, and go where He leads us. In the spirit there is no law. We are living for the spirit and perhaps the flesh will sin while we walk, but it is not imputed unto us, for we live for the spirit and not for the flesh.

:thumbsup:amen

It will not be the end! It will be the beginning! O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 1 Corinthians 15:55 http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/15-56.htmKJV

Our bodies will be just like Jesus. We will be able to walk through doors, walls, and be able to eat. John 20:19 NIV, Luke 24:36-43 NIV.

questdriven
My old pastor used to say that keeping an eye on the happenings in the Middle East and with Israel is the key to knowing when it's close. What do you think?

As believers we need to focus on getting the Word out all over the World and do what we are called to do. Everyone has a part doing something.

Mar 13:30
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

The generation that we see these things is the generation A) you Go through the Tribulation. B) You get raptured before tribulation. Depending on your post or Pre trib beliefs.

Jesus said Only His Father knows the day or Hour but we don't have to be ignorant of the season. When the Gospel reaches all the World I assume God is going to give some time for people to understand and get saved. This may be years once the Gospel hits every dark place on Earth.

This account we know down to the very last half hour as it's the sixth and seventh seal. That is only if you notice the sun, moon, stars going crazy.

Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

This account some believe to be watching Israel (Once the gospel is out)
Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Unlike the other account with the sixth seal, nobody knows a thing like the days of Noah until Noah entered the ark and it was to late for them.

So it would be connected to the Gospel getting out and some believe watching Israel to pinpoint that exact season.

If there is a Post Trib rapture then you should predict with great accuracy exactly when the Lord comes as it will follow the events of the trumpets The AC and witnesses with the Mark along with the sixth seal and 1/2 hour of silence on the earth before the Lord shows up.

Mike.

Sure! You all have a correct message, but from whom does it come from??

2 Peter 3
[3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
[4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

--Elijah

Me again: Here are some more verses for your 'darkness'?? 1 Thess. 5

[1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
[3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
[4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
[5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

--Elijah

sir, the fact that when my state made gay adoption illegal the lesbians lived together and raised their kids. the same is gay men. while I wont vote for gay rights. it would be ignorant to say that in the past that didn't happen.

the church is what is the problem, not the sinners in America.

We have no problem there! Rev. 17:1-5 . Yet, aids is running rampant all over the world. And what class of folks are the problem there? (all over the world)
Several months back Tom Brocraw on the evening news stated that it is in Bibical proportions.

--Elijah

aids, aids while it is a primary gay male and gay male bisexual issue, there are heteros that have that. don't assume that women and men in a sexual relationship cant commit sodomy.

death by the hands of satan is worse then being alive in the lord when we awake with our eyes to see him?

I don't recall any promise from god to save men from martyrdom. jesus wasn't spared what makes us that special?i do recall the flood was an out pouring of God's wrath and now man was spared from that unless in the arc.

I don't understand your first question. I don't fear being killed by satan (small letters! no capitalization ;))

(1 Thessalonians 5:9)
then why does god remove the church to save souls that are now the church in said judgement?the trib saints get there new bodies when?

then why does god remove the church to save souls that are now the church in said judgement?the trib saints get there new bodies when?

You think we're in judgment right now? It's pretty mild if we are. Trib saints will get their new bodies when the Lord returns is what scripture says.
uhm show me that jesus, paul and john speak of two different resurrection and jesus returns two times? one fly by to get the church and to save the church again? that makes no sense. I see one resurrection mentioned by paul, john and jesus.

I ask for consistency.

you have postulated that we is the church.then like most pre-tribbers one errs in that saved jews and gentiles will be so ignorant that they wont know that they have been left behind and the meanings we that are alive at his coming also would change. you don't see a problem with that? the bible is the means by which is the basis of keeping our faith along with the holy spirit.

Did Ellen White actually predict the September 11 World Trade Center attacks? Or did she prophesy of even worse to come?

The destruction of the World Trade Center towers was a horrible event, and has forever changed our world. Oddly, what took place that fateful day bears some similarity to a prediction Ellen White made at the beginning of the twentieth century.
The prediction

What follows is, in her own words, a vision or dream she had in late 1901. See if you think it sounds like what happened on September 11.

On one occasion, when in New York City, I was in the night season called upon to behold buildings rising story after story toward heaven. These buildings were warranted to be fireproof, and they were erected to glorify the owners and builders. Higher and still higher these buildings rose, and in them the most costly material was used. . . .

The scene that next passed before me was an alarm of fire. Men looked at the lofty and supposedly fire-proof buildings and said: "They are perfectly safe." But these buildings were consumed as if made of pitch. The fire engines could do nothing to stay the destruction. The firemen were unable to operate the engines.—Testimonies for the Church, vol. 9, pp. 12, 13.

She makes it sound like she is talking of a wood structure that burned to ashes. That is NOT what happened at all, and to call the mountain of rubble "ashes" is simply wrong.

But I have no light in particular in regard to what is coming on New York, only that I know that one day the great buildings there will be thrown down by the turning and overturning of God's power. From the light given me, I know that destruction is in the world. One word from the Lord, one touch of his mighty power, and these massive structures will fall. Scenes will take place the fearfulness of which we cannot imagine.—Review and Herald, July 5, 1906, emphasis supplied.
God, in no way, brought down the WTC.

5. The fire engines wouldn't be able to stop the inferno. Why couldn't the fire engines do anything to stop the blaze? The height of the buildings was not an issue for Fire Engine 6. Because of its proximity to the World Trade Center, it had been equipped with a special pump that enabled it to spray water up to the top of the towers. But you can't use water on a jet fuel fire, and there was no suitable fire retardant at hand. Thus, the fire engines could do nothing.
Emphasis mine - I don't believe this claim at all - not that it has much to do with the premise anyway.

In any event, a prediction is NOT a prediction if, after the fact, we still wonder just what was predicted and IF it fits the story. If she PREDICTED this, it would be obvious to us. If she predicted that AIRPLANES would bring down buildings, I suppose you could make the case that she predicted THAT particular incident.

On another note, I am 53 now and I'm becoming convinced that "end times" is a false interpretation of the Bible. I guess I'm just tired - I'm tired of what has been 35 years (since I found the Lord) of people from Charles Manson to Pat Robertson predicting the end of the world.

Hal Lindsey's books had me watching the sky for a few years, but he proved to be full of nothing but words on a page.

Reagan and even one POPE was supposed to be the "Mortally wounded" one who fooled the world and was to be the antichrist in disguise.

Then Bill Clinton - he appeared immoral enough to be bringing the USA to it's knees spiritually.

Of course, now we have a muslim in the WhiteHouse ....

huh,ok.. I suspect that It wouldn't be worth it. I have planted a seed.i have stumped some pastors with my questions.the irony is that by embracing my heritage as lead by the holy ghost to both learn and to teach I have even more went into seeing Christ where I didn't see him before.

I look forward to the discussions with stovebolts, as well an incendental thing happened to him.

What was the whole , complete, etc. purpose of the Cross?

What does the OT teach us? What of the lives of Noah, Moses & all what Moses did, Abe, Elijah, Jacob, Job, David etc... Why did/does God want us to know these things/people?

What was the whole , complete, etc. purpose of the Cross?

What does the OT teach us? What of the lives of Noah, Moses & all what Moses did, Abe, Elijah, Jacob, Job, David etc... Why did/does God want us to know these things/people?
I was reading in a daily devotional that the jews only had the law to tell them to love and not to sin. I found that to be in err, while Christ is the best example of the torah and its intentions. he came to redeem and not so much teach. the men in the ot were archtypes to HIM to died for the sins of all men.

IMO We must have a good understanding of the OT to grasp the NT.... The language of the NT relates to the OT... The pictures of Christ that run through the OT are astounding... The total layout of Moses' tabernacle. The Living water from the Rock in the desert . Josephs dream of the moon and stars....God did more than throw a bunch of great stories together for Sunday School lessons... Why all the 40s why the 7s lots and lots of whys? Seems the more I know of the OT the clearer the New becomes... In my mind the WHOLE of Scripture brings more understanding of the 'end times.'

[MENTION=47381]reba[/MENTION], I cant get into that,lol. It would make sense. John uses the idea of first mention in all his books. 666 first appears with Solomon, the idea in the beginning God creating the heavens is referred to in john 1, the idea that the tree of life is seen again in revalation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back