Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

˒ĕlōhı̂m: Plural Persons, or Majesty?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think God is pleased when we all pursue a greater understanding of Him.

Yes, if you mean Elohim (GOD) is the entirety Godhead;
Father, Son (WORD) and Holy Spirit.

My perspective comes from several scriptures, one of which is…

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
Colossians 2:9

The name that Elohim, The Godhead, has chosen to represent Them is Jesus; The Name above all names.

So when we worship Jesus we are worshipping the Eternal Godhead; for their fullness dwells in Him.

What most people don’t understand is Jesus is YHWH; the LORD.

JLB
I have a problem with this too.
It's complicated though.
Jesus can be said to be a representation...
one that we can understand. We certainly cannot understand God Father.
Jesus is GOD, yes, but is He Yahweh?
If each PERSON of the Trinity/Godhead is separate then we have to say that
God Father is one Person
God Son is one Person
and God Holy Spirit is one Person.

IOW, God Father did not go to the cross, God Son did.

However, as you know, I won't be debating this for pages.
Not only is it a rather complicated matter to understand fully and properly,
but I find it difficult to even discuss it due to many misunderstandings between members.

FOR ALL:

THIS IS THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD:

˒ĕlōhı̂m: Plural Persons, or Majesty?

PLEASE KEEP TO THE TOPIC.
IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS THE TRINITY PLEASE START A NEW THREAD.

THANKS.

You said that Jesus was not a Person before His Birth from the Virgin Mary.

This means that prior to this Jesus Christ did not exist as Almighty God

This is HERESY
But it is true. Falsehoods like the Eucharist are not considered heresy.

Megillah 9a.12

And they wrote for him: God created in the beginning [bereshit],
reversing the order of the words in the first phrase in the Torah that could be misinterpreted as: “Bereshit created God” (Genesis 1:1). They did so to negate those who believe in the preexistence of the world and those who maintain that there are two powers in the world: One is Bereshit, who created the second, God. And they wrote: I shall make man in image and in likeness, rather than: “Let us make man in our image and in our likeness” (Genesis 1:26), as from there too one could mistakenly conclude that there are multiple powers and that God has human form.

But it is true. Falsehoods like the Eucharist are not considered heresy.

Megillah 9a.12

And they wrote for him: God created in the beginning [bereshit],
reversing the order of the words in the first phrase in the Torah that could be misinterpreted as: “Bereshit created God” (Genesis 1:1). They did so to negate those who believe in the preexistence of the world and those who maintain that there are two powers in the world: One is Bereshit, who created the second, God. And they wrote: I shall make man in image and in likeness, rather than: “Let us make man in our image and in our likeness” (Genesis 1:26), as from there too one could mistakenly conclude that there are multiple powers and that God has human form.
The image is not to FORM
But to ATTRIBUTES.

And exactly HOW do you know that the LXX is not corrupted when originally copied?
Talmud quotes are obviously not corrupt. Not all of the quotes match the corrupt modern LXX.

When the Hebrew MT was produced by the Jews, they corrupted certain passages
They corrupted passages after the fall of the temple. The virgin conception was still in the Hebrew/Aramaic before Bar Kochba. Bar Kochba, or rather Simeon Bar Pantera was not virgin born.

LOL
It IS rocket science!

Your above description is a heresy.
Maybe all of our explanations is heresy!
It’s rocket science only because you changed the definition of “person” by subtly stripping the Lord of his humanity. Know this, that a good teacher simplifies complicated subjects, a bad teacher complicates simple subjects, an evil teacher not only complicated simple subjects, but also mocks his listeners as stupid.

It’s rocket science only because you changed the definition of “person” by subtly stripping the Lord of his humanity. Know this, that a good teacher simplifies complicated subjects, a bad teacher complicates simple subjects, an evil teacher not only complicated simple subjects, but also mocks his listeners as stupid.
Could you please show me where I said Jesus was not human?

Jesus was 100% human and 100% God.

Could you please show me where I said Jesus was not human?

Jesus was 100% human and 100% God.
If you stand by this statement, then Jesus is not the same KIND of person as God who is only 100% God. Definition of "person" must be either 100% God or "100% God and 100% man", it can't be both.

Last edited:
Trinity is more about God’s three presences - in heaven, on earth and between heaven and earth. Jesus is “the truth, the life, the way,” and there you’ve got it - God is eternal life, Jesus is the one and only way to God, and the Holy Spirit is the truth that points us to Jesus. This is not rocket science.
Yahwah is the God of Life and the God of Truth, and Yahshua is the way to the Truth.

Yahwah is a Spirit and the God of Truth.
Psalm 31:5

Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O Yahwah, the God of truth.

Isaiah 65:16
Whoever invokes a blessing in the land will do so by the God of truth; he who takes an oath in the land will swear by the God of truth. For the past troubles will be forgotten and hidden from my eyes.

John 14:16-17
"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you Counsel and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth."

John 15:26
"When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

Living Water of Life.
Yahwah is the source of life immortal.

Jeremiah 2:13
“My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

Jeremiah 17:13
Lord, you are the hope of Israel; all who forsake you will be put to shame. Those who turn away from you will be written in the dust because they have forsaken Yahwah, the spring of living water.

John 4:14
but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Revelation 21:6
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Revelation 22:1
Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Zechariah 14:8
On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter.

Psalm 135:21
Praise be to Yahwah from Zion, to Him who dwells in Jerusalem. Praise Yahwah.
After Yahwah has made all things new He will dwell in Jerusalem.

John 4:10
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

John 4:11
“Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water?

John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back