Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

1/3 shall die - Non-Christians will die

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

So one of us here posted on the Ebola thread I started that all these horribles diseases, disasters etc are all signs of the end time.

He is of the opinion that Ebola is very probably one of them. He quoted some verse (Revelation)

Someone else says (or I guess the same source) that God will protect HIS people - who put their trust in HIM.

The summary is, one-third the population of the world shall perish. If GOD shall protect HIS people who put their trust in HIM...then the majority others, a great number that makes up the one-third are ubbeliever - non Christians - who shall die.

Is that it? Who are the one-third precisely?

If we have a 100 people in the world, then 66.6 per cent shall live (majority of which are those who put their trust in HIM), and 33.3 per cent shall die. Nearly all would be unbelievers in this 33.3 per cent case

So one of us here posted on the Ebola thread I started that all these horribles diseases, disasters etc are all signs of the end time.

He is of the opinion that Ebola is very probably one of them. He quoted some verse (Revelation)

Someone else says (or I guess the same source) that God will protect HIS people - who put their trust in HIM.

The summary is, one-third the population of the world shall perish. If GOD shall protect HIS people who put their trust in HIM...then the majority others, a great number that makes up the one-third are ubbeliever - non Christians - who shall die.

If we have a 100 people in the world, then 66.6 per cent shall live (majority of which are those who put their trust in HIM), and 33.3 per cent shall die. Nearly all would be unbelievers in this 33.3 per cent case
Those 1/3 that perish I see that happening during the tribulation.And that is taking the verses I have read literally.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. Revelation 6:8 NIV

13 The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the four horns of the golden altar that is before God. 14 It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” 15 And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. 16 The number of the mounted troops was twice ten thousand times ten thousand. I heard their number. Revelation 9:13-16 NIV

17 The horses and riders I saw in my vision looked like this: Their breastplates were fiery red, dark blue, and yellow as sulfur. The heads of the horses resembled the heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire, smoke and sulfur. 18 A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths. 19 The power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails were like snakes, having heads with which they inflict injury.

20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts. Revelation 9:17-21 NIV

Last edited:

I think you are overestimating the number of Christians in the world. Official estimates put the number at around 2.2 billion, which is 31% of the world's population. That includes everybody who belongs to any Christian church as well as those who belong to denominations or cults that most people regard as Christian, even though many Christians do not, such as Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses. Many of those are only nominally Christian. They belong to a church, but don't really believe in God and aren't saved. I think a more accurate number of born again Christians would be no more than half of the official estimate, or around 15%. If we use your numbers and say that there are only 100 people in the world, then that means that 15 of them are born again. If 33 of them die, then 67 are left, 15 of whom are Christians. That's 22%, which is still far from a majority. Even if the official numbers are correct and there are 2.2 billion born again Christians in the world, we would still only be 46%, which still isn't a majority.

The TOG​

I think you are overestimating the number of Christians in the world. Official estimates put the number at around 2.2 billion, which is 31% of the world's population. That includes everybody who belongs to any Christian church as well as those who belong to denominations or cults that most people regard as Christian, even though many Christians do not, such as Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses. Many of those are only nominally Christian. They belong to a church, but don't really believe in God and aren't saved. I think a more accurate number of born again Christians would be no more than half of the official estimate, or around 15%. If we use your numbers and say that there are only 100 people in the world, then that means that 15 of them are born again. If 33 of them die, then 67 are left, 15 of whom are Christians. That's 22%, which is still far from a majority. Even if the official numbers are correct and there are 2.2 billion born again Christians in the world, we would still only be 46%, which still isn't a majority.

The TOG​
Maybe 10% born again?

During the first 3 1/2 years of tribulation, also known as the temptation to come upon all the world, the following command is given. Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. The saints that have the seal of God are those that are to be caught up out of great tribulation to heaven before the middle of the week.
Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

During the second 3 1/2 years men who do not worship the beast will be beheaded. Rev 20:4.
God's children are in His protection prior to these third of mankind being destroyed.

The pre-trib rapture is what I've been taught, because I was saved by Pentecostals and Bapticostals. I'm not well-versed in all that, so I don't know a whole lot about the other interpretations of Scripture, or why pre-trib didn't hit the scene until the 19th century. Weird.

Christ_empowered our trust/faith is not in a rapture, it is in Him...

There are going to be about as many different ideas around here on end times stuff as there are members... We can keep our eyes on HIm He is our salvation our hope our light ....

but the rapture happens before the tribulation, right? please tell me yes...
Dear Brother CE, I submit that there is more than one rapture for the saints of God. Beginning in Rev 4:1 John is told to go up into heaven to see things that will happen hereafter form the start of the Lord's Day. First John is shown two groups of believers with Christ prior to the tribulation starting round bout and in the midst of the throne, and they are the 24 elders of Rev 4:4 & the four beasts of Rev 4:6. What do they say of themselves? Rev 5:9, . . thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation. These are those of Rev 2:10 representing the dead in Christ to rise first that were faithful unto death, and the saints of Rev 3:10 who patiently keep the word of God and are alive at Jesus' coming in the air and kept from the temptation to come upon all the world.

Next John sees them standing before the throne of Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

The last to be caught up are the 144,000 of Rev 14:1. And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. This mount Sion is the heavenly Jerusalem described in Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem . .

Dear Brother CE, I submit that there is more than one rapture for the saints of God. Beginning in Rev 4:1 John is told to go up into heaven to see things that will happen hereafter form the start of the Lord's Day. First John is shown two groups of believers with Christ prior to the tribulation starting round bout and in the midst of the throne, and they are the 24 elders of Rev 4:4 & the four beasts of Rev 4:6. What do they say of themselves? Rev 5:9, . . thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation. These are those of Rev 2:10 representing the dead in Christ to rise first that were faithful unto death, and the saints of Rev 3:10 who patiently keep the word of God and are alive at Jesus' coming in the air and kept from the temptation to come upon all the world.

Next John sees them standing before the throne of Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

The last to be caught up are the 144,000 of Rev 14:1. And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. This mount Sion is the heavenly Jerusalem described in Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem . .
What do you mean that there is more than one rapture?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back