Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

1/3 shall die - Non-Christians will die

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Christ_empowered our trust/faith is not in a rapture, it is in Him...

There are going to be about as many different ideas around here on end times stuff as there are members... We can keep our eyes on HIm He is our salvation our hope our light ....
Our faith is in Jesus that He will rapture His Bride before the tribulation.There will be a crown awaiting those who are anxiously awaiting Him

well I guess im illiterate, I see no promise of not dying from disease, by satan's hand in my bible. if god wants me to die by either, I simply will.

The media headlines have been pretty much the same for ever
They have not.Go look at a newpaper from 1960 or 1970 and compare it to the news today.Our world has gotten alot worse and it is not going to get any better until Jesus sets His feet on this earth in the second coming.

What do you mean that there is more than one rapture?
John sees three different groups before the throne in heaven appearing there at different times. The 24 elders and the four beasts prior to the tribulation, and the great multitude come out of great tribulation, and the 144,000 standing with Jesus in the heavenly Jerusalem also out of the tribulation.

They have not.Go look at a newpaper from 1960 or 1970 and compare it to the news today.Our world has gotten alot worse and it is not going to get any better until Jesus sets His feet on this earth in the second coming.
americans didnt even know where Iraq is until we hit them in 91.the purges of Mao (90 million) occurred in that time frame.

I have never seen a scripture that says He will rapture His Bride before the tribulation. :shrug
1)At the rapture believers meet the Lord in the air 1 Thessalonians 4:17
At the second coming,believers return with the Lord to the earth Revelation 19:14
2) The second coming occurs after the great tribulation Revelation chapters 6-19.
The rapture occurs before the tribulation 1 Thessalonians 5:9;Revelation 3:10.
You will get the meaning of rapture first then tribulation from the above scripture only if you read it literally.It depends on how you interpret Scripture.

Kathi ..tribulation and wrath are not the same! scripture tells me the rapture will be in the middle of the seven year trib right after the sixth seal is open.

Isa 13:10 The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light.

Matt 24:29-31 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:14-27 "But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not to be (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15 Let the one who is on the housetop not go down, nor enter his house, to take anything out, 16 and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. 17 And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! 18 Pray that it may not happen in winter. 19 For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation that God created until now, and never will be. 20 And if the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days. 21 And then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. 22 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect. 23 But be on guard; I have told you all things beforehand.

24 "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven.

Luke 21:25-28 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Rev 6:12-14 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

John sees three different groups before the throne in heaven appearing there at different times. The 24 elders and the four beasts prior to the tribulation, and the great multitude come out of great tribulation, and the 144,000 standing with Jesus in the heavenly Jerusalem also out of the tribulation.
The 24 elders-The raptured Church
The Great multitude- Those who have become believers who are saved and will enter the Millennial Kingdom
The 144,000- This is the 12 tribes of Israel that are sealed.The first fruits of Israel that will be saved.
There is only one rapture and that will happen before the tribulation takes place.

Kathi ..tribulation and wrath are not the same! scripture tells me the rapture will be in the middle of the seven year trib right after the sixth seal is open.

Isa 13:10 The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light.

Matt 24:29-31 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:14-27 "But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not to be (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15 Let the one who is on the housetop not go down, nor enter his house, to take anything out, 16 and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. 17 And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! 18 Pray that it may not happen in winter. 19 For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation that God created until now, and never will be. 20 And if the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days. 21 And then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. 22 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect. 23 But be on guard; I have told you all things beforehand.

24 "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven.

Luke 21:25-28 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Rev 6:12-14 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
There are alot of different interpretations on here.I am not here to tell you that I am right.I am here to tell you that this is what I interpret when I read the scriptures literally.You can do whatever you want with my replies.

There are alot of different interpretations on here.I am not here to tell you that I am right.I am here to tell you that this is what I interpret when I read the scriptures literally.You can do whatever you want with my replies.

are you reading the scriptures in post 31 literally?

How could they be in heaven if they came out of the Great tribulation and the Great tribulation has not even happened yet?
its a vision of what is to come. where was john and how could he be in heaven then? the spirit called him to the throne of GOD where is that? heaven.

are you reading the scriptures in post 31 literally?
I read every single word literally whenever it is intended.Their are some parts of the Bible that you can not take literally.Then I go to the Bible scholars to let them interpret them for me.

I read every single word literally whenever it is intended.Their are some parts of the Bible that you can not take literally.Then I go to the Bible scholars to let them interpret them for me.

No Kathi, you're simply stuck on your old beliefs. Open your eyes! The tribulation of Christians and God's wrath are not the same. Are you aware of what ISIS is doing to Christians right now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back