Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

1 John 1: Against self-justifying doctrine

JESUS DOES. Jesus is a good friend and teacher and savior of the messenger of God PAUL.
And JESUS and YHVH make known the true revelation to PAUL, and to others who come to God while renouncing and turning from sin.
Then
Where do get the idea that Paul is bragging in calling himself " O Wretched Man " because of what he was no longer ignorant of after being saved & educated regarding not only what the law called sin , but what Jesus calls sin ?
You don't know Paul very well.
Listen to the what Paul said after his schooling , which made him no longer ignorant to the true meaning of sin above and beyond the law after Jesus educated him :

Unchecked Copy Box

Rom 7:18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:

It didn't make much difference, did it ?
Peter walked in the flesh, and committed sin, until the day of Pentecost; and he received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
" It didn't make much difference " in which sense? and for what purpose?

You are saying that after Peter received the Holyghost He never sinned again? please give scripture reference and I'll
dance at your wedding. 😊

Why would people be told not to grieve the Holy Spirit if they would never sin again? / Yet just briefly scrolling up looking at your other post you believe the holy spirit can be taken away after one receives it.
What you are saying is not adding up here.

You are saying then, that upon being sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise no one can grieve the Holy Spirit because they never will sin again.

So the person wrote it for no reason?

That shows you are thinking !
That's what I should be called "IBT" I been thinking lol
I beleive Peter, who said if you repent of sin, and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38)
Acts 2:38 - I don't see where Peter says "past" sins, did you add to scripture?

Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
So then you dont believe, "one receives the Holy Spirit when they never sin again?" ....Right?

If so we getting somewhere.

You get nothing for false repentances from sin but false bravado.
I did not mention false repentance , did I?
Yes, as the repentance form sin must be true-permanent !
What you are saying is not adding up unless I am misunderstanding something. You will have to explain.

For example: your statement "repentance from sin must be true" which no one here is speaking of false repentance ...and then you add "permanent" Therefore your repentance from sin has to be permanent- which the dictionary calls- remains unchanged.

Which correct me if I am wrong- but you are saying you repent once in your whole life and never have to repent again? Is that what you are saying?
Corinth7777 asked : " Do you believe the holy Spirit indwells a person when they never sin

Corinth7777-Or that we are given A Spirit @ conception (upon belief in who Jesus is with intent to follow"

There is no difference between "over" and "in".
Are you 100% sure? Would you bet your life on it 😃
Our repentance from sin must be true-real
who is mentioning anything about repentance not being real?
, as the Holy Spirit will not dwell in a polluted "temple".
Scripture reference please tks

Not before repentance from sin.

1 Repentance from sin. 2 Baptism to clean the temple. 3 Reception of the Holy Ghost.
Do you believe there is some type of difference between the Holyghost and Holy Spirit?

I am thinking maybe you don't because you don't believe there is a difference between the Spirit of Christ Jesus coming over vs. Jesus Christ's Spirit being in.
This was the format for everyone in the bible but Cornelius...which was a special circumstance to show that God had accepted the Gentiles.

Corinth77777-. Do you believe the holy Spirit can be taken away after being received inwardly??

Yes, I do....but a detailed report would be a new thread.
What? I'm so confused- because you just said repentance had to be "permanent"- unchanged
Corinth77777-When do you believe a person is reconciled and what does that mean to you?

Man can be reconciled to God, and thankfully, God has left us the instructions for doing that.
so--When do you believe a person is reconciled and what does that mean to you?
I tend to beleive that if man who seems to be in Christ manifests that he really isn't, he has been acting within his own power to make it appear that he is holy, just, good.
He was a poser.
That's all nice and all, but I am not talking about fake repentance.
But a real reconciliation with God has not been taken off the table for him.
God doesn't want anyone to perish.

Then
Where do get the idea that Paul is bragging in calling himself " O Wretched Man " because of what he was no longer ignorant of after being saved & educated regarding not only what the law called sin , but what Jesus calls sin ?
You don't know Paul very well.
Listen to the what Paul said after his schooling , which made him no longer ignorant to the true meaning of sin above and beyond the law after Jesus educated him :

Unchecked Copy Box

Rom 7:18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:
Wasn't He speaking in that chapter from the perspective of being under the law?
At the very end doesn't it say something like, who will deliver us from this body of death?

And makes a statement of how things are until chapter 8 showing how The body will be brought in alignment with the law of God
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

In verse 4 the righteous requirement of the law is outward Holiness

Hopeful 2
Now these are some of my thoughts, that I have no problem saying I could be wrong about.

What happens to Jesus at his Baptism -and why?

Should be what happens to people at theirs, withstanding what they hold to be true.

Let's look:

21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Mat 3

And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Acts 10
37That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

To be continued

Wasn't He speaking in that chapter from the perspective of being under the law?
At the very end doesn't it say something like, who will deliver us from this body of death?
No man who ever lived. lived in greater obedience to the law than Saul, a Pharisee.
He spoke of his obedience to the law as a Pharisee

Philippians 3:4-5
Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Paul is not talking about the law of sin written in stone when he speaks of his wretched flesh.
He is speaking of being brought to the realization on the Damascus Road from Jesus that sin much more skin deep than tablets of stone.
So to answer your question , no he is not talking about ancient history when his name was Saul under the law of Moses,
He is speaking of here & now and of ANOTHER LAW, that he has been made aware of by Christ Himself .

Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:23
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:24
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

What teacher taught you that he was bragging ?
Not a teacher , just a spiritually twisted statement .
First time I ever heard anyone claim Paul's statement of being Chief of sinners , has been, or could ever be interpreted as bragging.
Now I have a question
Why are you speaking for RBDERRICK when I was replying to him not you ?
Which Paul? Paul the chiefest of righteous apostles of Jesus Christ, or the one you preach as being some big unrepented sinner and braggart?

I follow the apostle Paul as He follows the righteous Jesus Christ. Do you follow your Paul as he follows the biggest sinners? And brags about it?

No man who ever lived. lived in greater obedience to the law than Saul, a Pharisee.
He spoke of his obedience to the law as a Pharisee
Ok
Philippians 3:4-5
Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Ok
Paul is not talking about the law of sin written in stone when he speaks of his wretched flesh.
I was speaking of the last scripture you left from Romans 7"
["O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"]
He is speaking of being brought to the realization on the Damascus Road from Jesus that sin much more skin deep than tablets of stone.
So to answer your question , no he is not talking about ancient history when his name was Saul under the law of Moses,
In Romans 7 I believe He is...For even when you read the very beginning of the chapter He says something like: He is speaking to those who know the law.

I was just referring to The Romans 7 passage you left.

Then you get to Romans 8 and there is a transition, "Therefore now " and gives the answer the way out "in Christ Jesus"
Note to self- put "in Christ" = reconciliation, the aspect of being saved by his death

Scripture " how much more will we be saved by His life, is to:

"Walk after His Spirit"
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

question ? What do you believe the law of sin and death is referring to? Hopefully like you said /below- the law in his members- which is a natural law of the course one's life goes and eventually ends without any intervention, which is death.
He is speaking of here & now and of ANOTHER LAW, that he has been made aware of by Christ Himself .

Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:23
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:24
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Exactly
Recall the flesh, what we can do in our natural abilities, wants to asert itself before God. When Adam sin it seems that the order changed in relationship to God being first.

Maybe it was once like this in the garden before Adam disobeyed God by eating off the tree of knowledge of good and evil: God >man's heart/Spirit= life

But after disobeying, the order was God> man's natural ability,flesh= death

Hear ò Israel your Lord God is one, that came to me.....so I wrote it down- my interpretation -God related to us (Adam<s>) by our Spirit..which would mean that once the flesh came before the Spirit, the flesh shaped the heart/spirit(+attitude)

It just might be that when God gave the Spirit of Christ that this new spirit was to shape our tainted Spirit. I kind of see this as a baby being trained by it's parent, to grow into a functioning productive, spiritually mature adult.

Which then the question how does the Spirit bear witness to our Spirit that we are sons?
Could conviction be a way discipline corrects our thoughts and actions.

Maybe even these:
my cries to God,
the changes in my life
Or God getting Glory from my life.
Knowing the truth

Looked up passage in Duet 6
And I Love what Came to me through scripture: that the lord God is one Lord.

So then there is no other, which means we relate to God by God. And just as God gave us His commands which I kind of think have some connection to who He is, He also gave us Christ. the word made flesh.

Reconciled through belief of His word, sanctified in this life by living by the word. Eating it spiritually-brings life to our soul.

So this is how we are delivered from this body of death- a new heart and by a new spirit a new attitude

Serving God from the heart of God- makes one lord, one faith, and one baptism.

That last part came to me so I wrote it...I try to verify what comes to me. will see!

Adding
One Lord God, One Faith God, One Baptism God
Before connection was lost in some way, It's possible in my opinion that Adam served God from a pure heart. Pure because there is only one Law the Spirit of life. Meaning Adam had yet to know life apart from God.

Peace and blessings

Last edited:
Ok

Ok

I was speaking of the last scripture you left from Romans 7"
["O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"]

In Romans 7 I believe He is...For even when you read the very beginning of the chapter He says something like: He is speaking to those who know the law.
You just said "OK" to the fact that when it came to the law of Moses Saul obeyed it in totality .
So after he became Paul he cannot be talking about sinning according the Mosaic law in stone when he says in Chapter 7; the law that his eyes were opened to by Christ Himself that the law is Spiritual
Saul was obedient to Mosaic law , but completely ignorant to spiritual law .
Only Paul , NOT SAUL, could be aware of committing spiritual sin.
Saul didn't have a clue of the spiritual law .
That is why Paul, NOT SAUL, is speaking in the here & now present tense when he says

Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:14-15
'For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.'
Present tense , by the way .

1 John 1 is not just against sinners saying they have no sin, but is specifically about sinners believing they have no sin condemned by God, because they name His name.
3 And this is how we know [daily, by experience] that
we have come to know Him [to understand Him and be more deeply acquainted with Him]:
if we habitually keep [focused on His precepts and obey] His commandments (teachings).

4 Whoever says, “I have come to know Him,” but does not habitually keep [focused on His precepts and obey] His commandments (teachings), is a liar, and the truth [of the divine word] is not in him.

5 But whoever habitually keeps His word and obeys His precepts [and treasures His message in its entirety], in him the love of God has truly been perfected [it is completed and has reached maturity].

By this we know [for certain] that we are in Him: 6 whoever says he lives in Christ [that is, whoever says he has accepted Him as God and Savior] ought [as a moral obligation]

to walk and conduct himself just as He walked and conducted Himself.
======================================
2 My little children (believers, dear ones), I am writing you

Christ Is Our Advocate​

You just said "OK" to the fact that when it came to the law of Moses Saul obeyed it in totality .
Good Mornting 🌄
I was saying ok , to surpass what I was not referring to. Like ...when someone is talking and you saying " uh hu" like get to the point I'm addressing...

For I dont know about Paul keeping the law perfectly...If He did would He not had needed Jesus?

My understanding of that part in chapter 7 is that He was speaking as one under the law in hindsight. Looking back.
So after he became Paul he cannot be talking about sinning according the Mosaic law in stone when he says in Chapter 7; the law that his eyes were opened to by Christ Himself that the law is Spiritual
Saul was obedient to Mosaic law , but completely
You lost me can you plz explain that as if you are explaining to a 2nd grader. And I'll go back and read what you wrote..even when initally I was referring to the scripture you left in Romans 7.

ignorant to spiritual law .
Only Paul , NOT SAUL, could be aware of committing spiritual sin.
Saul didn't have a clue of the spiritual law .
That is why Paul, NOT SAUL, is speaking in the here & now present tense when he says

Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:14-15
'For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.'
Present tense , by the way .
Yes from this perspective it doesn't seem like Paul is even proclaiming perfection. Yet we cant forget that He gives a solution - who will save us from this body of death? I thank the Lord Jesus....Christ

Then we get to Chapter 8. ( how does He save)..there now there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh but the Spirit

" It didn't make much difference " in which sense? and for what purpose?
You said that Peter had Jesus, but still Peter walked after the "flesh".
So "having Jesus" didn't keep Peter from giving in to temptation.
You are saying that after Peter received the Holyghost He never sinned again? please give scripture reference and I'll
dance at your wedding.
There is no way to cite a negative.
Did Peter ever repent again, somewhere in scripture ?
Why would people be told not to grieve the Holy Spirit if they would never sin again?
We were told, so we wouldn't grieve the Spirit of God.
/ Yet just briefly scrolling up looking at your other post you believe the holy spirit can be taken away after one receives it.
What you are saying is not adding up here.
I beleive that if we do grieve the Holy Spirit, the Spirit can be taken away from us.
You are saying then, that upon being sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise no one can grieve the Holy Spirit because they never will sin again.
That is indeed the end God and His Son hoped for when they supplied us with all we need to remain perfectly obedient to Them.
So the person wrote it for no reason?
It was written, so that we don't do it.
Just as we are told in quite a few places not to lie, or steal, or commit adultery, the warnings are meant to strengthen us against the wiles of the devil.

That's what I should be called "IBT" I been thinking lol
LOL
Acts 2:38 - I don't see where Peter says "past" sins, did you add to scripture?
Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
I got the "past sins" from Rom 3:25..."Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"
Besides, if the repentance from sin is true, there won't be any future sins.
So then you dont believe, "one receives the Holy Spirit when they never sin again?" ....Right?
If so we getting somewhere.
As I said above..."if the repentance from sin is true, there won't be any future sins."
The turn from sin comes before the gift of the Holy Ghost/Spirit is given.
I did not mention false repentance , did I?
I don't think you did.
But that is what has occurred if one sins again after having allegedly repented.
The first "turn" was a lie to God !
What you are saying is not adding up unless I am misunderstanding something. You will have to explain.
For example: your statement "repentance from sin must be true" which no one here is speaking of false repentance ...and then you add "permanent" Therefore your repentance from sin has to be permanent- which the dictionary calls- remains unchanged.
The repentance from sin must be true, permanent, in order to live without grieving the Holy Spirit.
Which correct me if I am wrong- but you are saying you repent once in your whole life and never have to repent again? Is that what you are saying?
That is what I am saying.
Quit sinning in 2024, and you won't need to repent again in 2034 !
Are you 100% sure? Would you bet your life on it
It isn't my life to bet.
But I am 100% sure.
who is mentioning anything about repentance not being real?
Everybody who says they cannot quit sinning is inferring it.
Scripture reference please tks
1 Cor 6:19-20..."What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."
They who commit sin, have made their body their own.
That is idolatry.
Do you believe there is some type of difference between the Holyghost and Holy Spirit?
No, they are synonymous terms.
I am thinking maybe you don't because you don't believe there is a difference between the Spirit of Christ Jesus coming over vs. Jesus Christ's Spirit being in.
Correct.
What makes you think there is a difference ?
What? I'm so confused- because you just said repentance had to be "permanent"- unchanged
If you break the repentance, God is not required to remain in you.
They are reconciled with God when they takes the steps given by God to be reconciled.
Acts 2:38 gives the requirements.
That's all nice and all, but I am not talking about fake repentance.
False repentance is at the heart of your questioning.
It is the reason for grieving, and for losing, the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Hopeful 2
Now these are some of my thoughts, that I have no problem saying I could be wrong about.
What happened to Jesus at his Baptism -and why?
Jesus fulfilled all righteousness, being washed before He started His priesthood...as Num 8:6-21 prescribes.
Num 8:15-16..."And after that shall the Levites go in to do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation: and thou shalt cleanse them, and offer them for an offering.
16 For they are wholly given unto me from among the children of Israel; instead of such as open every womb, even instead of the firstborn of all the children of Israel, have I taken them unto me."
Should be what happens to people at theirs, withstanding what they hold to be true.
There are differences now in the NT...like, now we are baptized in water AND calling on then name of the Lord.
Let's look:
21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Wouldn't that be cool if it happened to everyone who got baptized !
Mat 3
And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Acts 10
37That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

To be continued
OK ?

Good Mornting 🌄
I was saying ok , to surpass what I was not referring to. Like ...when someone is talking and you saying " uh hu" like get to the point I'm addressing...

For I dont know about Paul keeping the law perfectly...If He did would He not had needed Jesus?

My understanding of that part in chapter 7 is that He was speaking as one under the law in hindsight. Looking back.

You lost me can you plz explain that as if you are explaining to a 2nd grader. And I'll go back and read what you wrote..even when initally I was referring to the scripture you left in Romans 7.

Yes from this perspective it doesn't seem like Paul is even proclaiming perfection. Yet we cant forget that He gives a solution - who will save us from this body of death? I thank the Lord Jesus....Christ

Then we get to Chapter 8. ( how does He save)..there now there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh but the Spirit

You said that Peter had Jesus, but still Peter walked after the "flesh".
So "having Jesus" didn't keep Peter from giving in to temptation.

There is no way to cite a negative.
Did Peter ever repent again, somewhere in scripture ?
if it's not in tbe Bible then you can't add to it.

Gal 2:11
Peter
Gal 2:11...
Paul Confronts Peter - "But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong. " nlt

Fear is not of faith
And what ever is not from faith is sin
We were told, so we wouldn't grieve the Spirit of God.

I beleive that if we do grieve the Holy Spirit, the Spirit can be taken away from us.

That is indeed the end God and His Son hoped for when they supplied us with all we need to remain perfectly obedient to Them.
sounds like your opinion, please share the scripture.

what you are saying isn't adding up

at one point you are saying that the sealing is when you don't sin no more permanently, but in another area you are saying you still can and thereby grieve the holy spirit. If you permanently will never sin and are sealed then why would the author warn you of something you couldn't do?

It was written, so that we don't do it.
Just as we are told in quite a few places not to lie, or steal, or commit adultery, the warnings are meant to strengthen us against the wiles of the devil.
But why would a sealed ( in the way you navigate the term)perfected person do this? You are not making any sense this time.

LOL

I got the "past sins" from Rom 3:25..."Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"
Besides, if the repentance from sin is true, there won't be any future sins.

As I said above..."if the repentance from sin is true, there won't be any future sins."
The turn from sin comes before the gift of the Holy Ghost/Spirit is given.

I don't think you did.
But that is what has occurred if one sins again after having allegedly repented.
The first "turn" was a lie to God !

The repentance from sin must be true, permanent, in order to live without grieving the Holy Spirit.

That is what I am saying.
Quit sinning in 2024, and you won't need to repent again in 2034 !

It isn't my life to bet.
But I am 100% sure.

Everybody who says they cannot quit sinning is inferring it.

1 Cor 6:19-20..."What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."
They who commit sin, have made their body their own.
That is idolatry.

No, they are synonymous terms.

Correct.
What makes you think there is a difference ?

If you break the repentance, God is not required to remain in you.
But why would God come into a false repentance, He cant be tricked
They are reconciled with God when they takes the steps given by God to be reconciled.
Acts 2:38 gives the requirements.

False repentance is at the heart of your questioning.
It is the reason for grieving, and for losing, the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Somewhere I am missing your view.

WHEN God forgave your sins and you were forgiven for those sins you had to repent. Because repentance comes before forgiveness.

Now God forgave you for your past sins.

So from the above, if you are saying that when/if a person sins again that there repentance was not true, then you are saying also that God did not really forgive them and His forgiving them was also not true. You are then saying God can be tricked.

As if He can forgive a false repentance .

Back