Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

25 quotes on Calvinism

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's everyone's duty to obey God. It's that simple.

If God says: "Do not murder" then it is everyone's duty to not murder.
If God says: "You must believe in His Christ to be saved" then it is everyone's duty to believe.

Christ did not die for everyone, yet everyone is responsible (it their duty) to believe.

One such conflate one's duty and the fact that Christ did not die for everyone. (false equivalency)
Why would God give someone Faith in Christ if Christ didnt die for them ? They still in their sins, condemned and owe a debt to Gods Law

I don't see that phrase in 1 Cor 15.
I do see it in 83 other places in the NT.
Do you think the Jesus who died for our sins, and was raised from the dead three days later, would have been preached without that bit of information ?
I don't.
I know you dont see it, thats why it must be explained who Christ is. Millions read 1 Cor 15:3-4 and say I believe that, he was a good man.

Do you believe Jesus was both God and Man ?

I disagree, the non elect are under the curse of the Law,
All men are under the curse of the law.Gal.4
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
We were born under the curse of the law.
they owe obedience to the law, its moral precepts, and its penalty friend. There is no repentance under the law, you either do it or be damned.

All men are under the curse of the law.Gal.4
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
We were born under the curse of the law.
Negative, the men Christ died for are redeemed from the curse of the law, He has been made a curse for them. Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Why would God give someone Faith in Christ if Christ didnt die for them ?
This has absolutely nothing to do with my statement.
Again:
1) It is our duty to obey God
2) God has told us to believe in His son or pay the consequences

God causing or not causing someone to have faith is irrelevant to my statement.

My statement was a justification of what Iconoclast said:
It is the duty of all men everywhere to repent and believe the gospel.
Jesus dying or not dying for a particular individual is irrelevant to Iconoclast's statement and irrelevant to my proof that his statement is accurate.

This has absolutely nothing to do with my statement.
Again:
1) It is our duty to obey God
2) God has told us to believe in His son or pay the consequences

God causing or not causing someone to have faith is irrelevant to my statement.

My statement was a justification of what Iconoclast said:

Jesus dying or not dying for a particular individual is irrelevant to Iconoclast's statement and irrelevant to my proof that his statement is accurate.
Why would God require the non elect to believe in Christ, He didnt shed one drop of blood for them. The non elect unfortunately owes obedience to the Law of God which they cannot pay.

I don't see that phrase in 1 Cor 15.
I do see it in 83 other places in the NT.
Do you think the Jesus who died for our sins, and was raised from the dead three days later, would have been preached without that bit of information ?
I don't.
Do you tell people that when Christ died that its according to the scripture ? Thats what Paul preached 1 Cor 15:3-4

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Do you know what scriptures Paul is speaking of ?

Why would God require the non elect to believe in Christ
God determines the rules. The requirement for salvation is belief in Christ. He requires obedience of everyone without exception. Just because God does not grant people the ability to believe salvificly doesn't no negate the 'requirement' to do so.
Example: God tells everyone they should not sin. This does not apply to the elect only. To reject Christ is to sin.

John 12:48 Whoever rejects Me and refuses to accept My teachings, has one who judges him; the very word that I spoke will judge and condemn him on the last day.
The verse says a requirement of God is to accept His Son. If one rejects the son he is condemned.
Definition of REQUIRE: To have as a requisite or necessity; need or depend on ... the non-elect have to accept the Son to satisfy their need for salvation.

Do you tell people that when Christ died that its according to the scripture ? Thats what Paul preached 1 Cor 15:3-4
No, I don't remember that being brought up, as that point has already been understood by the folks I spoke to.
Paul is writing to the church that already knew that.
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Do you know what scriptures Paul is speaking of ?
Psalm 79:9 is a good one.
And most every scripture regarding the sacrificial Lamb of Passover alludes to it.
Also, the scriptures commanding to use a lamb to redeem other first born animals alludes to it. (Exo 13:13, 34:20)
Isaiah 53:7 is a good one.
I wonder which scripture John the Baptist was thinking of when he called Jesus "the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world" ? (John 1:29)
Paul may even have been thinking about the book of Jonah !

God determines the rules. The requirement for salvation is belief in Christ. He requires obedience of everyone without exception. Just because God does not grant people the ability to believe salvificly doesn't no negate the 'requirement' to do so.
Example: God tells everyone they should not sin. This does not apply to the elect only. To reject Christ is to sin.

John 12:48 Whoever rejects Me and refuses to accept My teachings, has one who judges him; the very word that I spoke will judge and condemn him on the last day.
The verse says a requirement of God is to accept His Son. If one rejects the son he is condemned.
Definition of REQUIRE: To have as a requisite or necessity; need or depend on ... the non-elect have to accept the Son to satisfy their need for salvation.
The problem you have is the non elect have a debt to pay to Gods Law and Justice because Christ didnt pay it for them, leaving them condemned and in debt. Faith in Christ is given only to them Christ has paid the debt for. He is the end of the Law only to them He substituted for and causes to believe Rom 10:4

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Hopeful 2

No, I don't remember that being brought up,

Im bringing it up now since its what the scripture says 1 Cor 15:3

Now according to what scriptures ?

Also, the scriptures commanding to use a lamb to redeem other first born animals alludes to it. (Exo 13:13, 34:20)
Isaiah 53:7 is a good one.

Okay Isa 53 is a good one, and its speaking only about the Sheep, Gods People Isa 53:5-11

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

So Paul preached limited atonement according to the scriptures ! And them Christ died for were justified vs 11 because He bare their sins.

Last edited:
Fastfredy0

Even if this wayward comment was true, but its not, this is law preaching, and its saying Christ death wasnt enough to satisfy their need of salvation since obviously it didnt save them until they did what was required. So in essence what saves them according to you is doing what is required.

Even if this wayward comment was true, but its not, this is law preaching, and its saying Christ death wasnt enough to satisfy their need of salvation since obviously it didnt save them until they did what was required. So in essence what saves them according to you is doing what is required.
You're not understanding me. I can't make it any simpler. Oh well.

You're not understanding me. I can't make it any simpler. Oh well.
You not understanding me, the non elect whom Christ didnt die for, didnt live for, owe a debt to the law of God, there is no repentance for that, you have to keep the law perfectly for salvation or die its curse. Gal 3 10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Hopeful 2
Im bringing it up now since its what the scripture says 1 Cor 15:3
As I said earlier..."No, I don't remember that being brought up, as that point has already been understood by the folks I spoke to.
Paul is writing to the church that already knew that."
Now according to what scriptures ?

Okay Isa 53 is a good one, and its speaking only about the Sheep, Gods People Isa 53:5-11
So Paul preached limited atonement according to the scriptures ! And them Christ died for were justified vs 11 because He bare their sins.
The only limitation imposed on justification, or salvation, is that we must first repent of sin, be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, and endure faithfully until the end.
Do those things, and you will be saved.
Don't do them, and perish.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back