Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

25 quotes on Calvinism

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Gospel of John is all about TULIP

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

No TULIP, just Truth.

God loves the world of unsaved people.

Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world.

You put words in the mouth of others.
I quote people and discuss what they said and whether it makes sense. For example, you said something like 'everything Calvinist's believe is wrong'. I said that Calvinists believe in God and therefore if your statement is to be understood as written then one would conclude you don't believe in God. Now, I know you do from other statements, so statements like that show you are not being logical.

Recently you gave a definition of a Christian.
What is my definition of a Christian?
They must believe:
JESUS IS GOD
GOD WAS INCARNATED
THE HYPOSTATIC UNION
THE TRINITY
A CREED
You also said in the past that people who never heard of God could go to heaven (we're not talking about the 'age of accountability here'). One can conclude that you think non Christians can go to heaven. This is simple logic. You are free to correct it assuming there is something to correct.

You cant look at fruit over the internet.

Actions speak louder than words.
I'ld invite you over, but that is quite a trip.
You could watch me for weeks and still not believe.
Or, you could believe that the will of God for us is attainable now.

Do you think Christians have a closer relationship with God than the Jews of the OT ?
I do.
They couldn't walk in and after the Spirit like God has allowed us to walk.
Don't you think that will allow us to be more in line with His commands for our conduct ?

You should post on your site.

Our rules here are different.
You do not get to define what the TOS rules mean and how everything is to be defined.
What you are saying is a violation of God's TOS....the Bible.
Your statements here are non Christian. We are our brothers keeper. We are mandated by God to be watchman, to warn the wicked....
ezk33:
33 Again the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:

3 If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;

4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.

5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.

6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Last edited:
I never tell someone YOU ARE WRONG.
You are supposed too. That is like a Doctor who says...I will never tell my patients they have cancer and need treatment because it might offend them. Love Speaks the truth.These are grown people here. Those who deny Jesus is God know what they are doing. They are not little children discovering the meaning of life.
Yes.
I am biased.
Everyone is to an extent. Express your views, let others answer, then express theirs. The site is called CHRISTIAN FORUMS.........Not I'M ok, your ok.
You're not??
I am biased toward bible truth.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No TULIP, just Truth.

John 3:16 is all about the elect, the beloved of God

Im going to start a whole sale delete in a moment if we cant get on tract. We not here to discuss our chrisitan life, nor to censor others and call them unchristian. Please state your premise, defend it and then move on. This is a Calvinist forum so dont be surprised if most what you see here is pro calvinism. Everyone has a right to disagree with calvinism, if so, state your reason why from scripture and move on. Thanks

No TULIP, just Truth.

If Christ died for the sins of the world (every single unsaved human), nobody would be in hell.

Christs atoning blood would cover thier unbelief.

But we understand that the Bible does not teach that.

Last edited:
If Christ died for the sins of the world (every single unsaved human), nobody would be in hell.

Only those who believe will be saved.

And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:2

He paid the price for all the world to be saved... whoever believes will be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:16-17

I'ld invite you over, but that is quite a trip.
You could watch me for weeks and still not believe.
Or, you could believe that the will of God for us is attainable now.

Do you think Christians have a closer relationship with God than the Jews of the OT ?
I do.
They couldn't walk in and after the Spirit like God has allowed us to walk.
Don't you think that will allow us to be more in line with His commands for our conduct ?
I know that your demonination has taught you that you are sinless.

Faithful men of God from past until present have never taguht this.

We are not talking about laymen, but those who understand the original languages,

The Bible does not teach what you and tour denomination believe.

It is impossible to have no sin enter your thoughts. 1 John says that you are a liar and the truth is not in you.

Again, I cannot take you serious over the internet.

Our discussions will get us nowhere and is not productive in anyway, it just confuses the baes in Christ and cast doubt in their minds.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:16-17

Whoever believes in Him, whether Jew or Gentile will be saved.

Whoever does not believe in Him, whether Jew or Gentile, will be condemned.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

Christs atoning blood would cover thier unbelief.

But we understand that the Bible does not teach that.
Not only does Christs death cover the unbelief of the elect, it takes it away. Nobody Christ died for can remain in unbelief, that would be counter productive to the effects of His atoning Death.

Rom 11:26

6 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

Not only does Christs death cover the unbelief of the elect, it takes it away. Nobody Christ died for can remain in unbelief, that would be counter productive to the effects of His atoning Death.

Rom 11:26

6 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob
My post is talking about the unsaved (non-elect).

Only those who believe will be saved.

And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:2

He paid the price for all the world to be saved... whoever believes will be saved.

Only them that are saved can and will believe .The Gospel is hid to them that are lost, so they believe not, being lost 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Please show the verse John 3:16 and why you believe “the world” refers to the elect.

Then explain to all of us what you mean by the elect?

Only them that are saved can and will believe .The Gospel is hid to them that are lost, so they believe not, being lost 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

This says people are saved by believing the Gospel of Christ.

This does not say people are saved before the hear and believe the Gospel of Christ.

The devil believes in Him.
They won't be saved.
Real believers go beyond simple belief.

Please show the verse John 3:16 and why you believe “the world” refers to the elect.

Then explain to all of us what you mean by the elect?
I have already shown and you dont believe. But I will add this, those believing in Jn 3:16 are the elect who had been appointed to eternal life Acts 13:48 so that again Identifies them as the Elect,

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
The word ordained appointed tasso:

to draw up in order, arrange
Usage: (a) I assign, arrange, (b) I determine; mid: I appoint.

ὅσοι ἦσαν τεταγμένοι εἰς ζωήν αἰώνιον, as many as were appointed (A. V. ordained) (by God) to obtain eternal life, or to whom God had decreed eternal life, Acts 13:48;

One translation;

When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message; and all who were chosen for eternal life became believers.NLT

When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and praised the word of the Lord; and as many as had been destined for eternal life became believers.NRSV

The Gentiles listened with delight and extolled the Lord's Message; and all who were pre-destined to the Life of the Ages believed. WNT

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back