Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

25 quotes on Calvinism

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yes...censoring people is flat out wrong. When any moderator looks to censor and silence those they cannot answer truth is being stifled. I do not censor anyone on my site.
You mean they can curse all they want to?
Would this include cursing God?

How far are you willing to go?

Definition of wrong: Not in conformity with fact or truth; incorrect or erroneous.

So you claim you have never told someone they are "Not in conformity with fact or truth; incorrect or erroneous."

*shakes his head in disbelief*

The bible tells us to tell others when they are wrong:
Still not going to tell us what denomination you belong to? *giggle*
FF
From now on....
When you begin your post with a definition, I absolutely refuse to reply to it.

Now, in a formal debate it's necessary to know that both parties have the same definition of a term.

We're not having such a high level debate here on this thread.

Everyone knows what free will means in the biblical sense.
Everyone knows what wrong means.

And all those other definitions you've given.
Are you a dictionary?
I hope not....you seem human to me.

From now on....
When you begin your post with a definition, I absolutely refuse to reply to it.
Definition of interesting: Arousing or holding the attention; absorbing.

That will be a useful tool. Thx .... imagine a person that doesn't prefer clarity ... oh well ... giggle
It will be interesting(Arousing or holding the attention) to see if you keep to your word.

Everyone knows what free will means in the biblical sense.
You obviously don't or have never used it in the biblical sense. I'd guess 1% of the time people use it in the biblical sense where "biblical" means the source is the bible. I know when I asked you for a definition you could only give an obtuse answer and when I inquired further you either wouldn't or couldn't expand on what you meant.

You won't even say what denomination your beliefs align with ... probably Roman Catholic is the closest.

I'm glad you read the 25 quotes of Calvinism that electedbyhim gave you.

Definition of interesting: Arousing or holding the attention; absorbing.

That will be a useful tool. Thx .... imagine a person that doesn't prefer clarity ... oh well ... giggle
It will be interesting(Arousing or holding the attention) to see if you keep to your word.

You obviously don't or have never used it in the biblical sense. I'd guess 1% of the time people use it in the biblical sense where "biblical" means the source is the bible. I know when I asked you for a definition you could only give an obtuse answer and when I inquired further you either wouldn't or couldn't expand on what you meant.

You won't even say what denomination your beliefs align with ... probably Roman Catholic is the closest.

I'm glad you read the 25 quotes of Calvinism that electedbyhim gave you.
Uffa.

Listen carefully now:

NOT ON THIS SITE.

On YOUR site and in your personal life,,,,
you can do whatever you want to do.
You are the owner of the site? You dictate to everyone else?
You mean they can curse all they want to?
Would this include cursing God?

How far are you willing to go?
I remind people that we all live and post before God. I have had a few just trying to start trouble, but not really cursing God. I do not like censorship as it is weakness. Posting truth exposes error.Here was my greeting to new members and visitors:
You will never be edited or censored here.
This site is designed to be a place of open exchange before God.
That should keep anyone from lying .
Some of us have been on message boards where people who are supposed to be Christians have openly lied.
I set this board up so a liar and abusive moderator can have no power over you.
If anyone knows how to improve or set the topics up better feel free to jump in.

They site is designed to let you ask any questions, or to have free ,unedited, uncensored , posting. Your posts will not be edited or deleted as they are on several other sites..
The members here will attempt to answer you, and challenge what you post, if need be.
We ask that you post responsibly as the eyes of the Lord are in every place beholding the good and the evil.
You will notice some of the links copied and pasted are very long. This is to provide resource material.
Feel free to take a sentence or a paragraph to single out for discussion.
:))
Last Edit: May 11, 2023 at 9:24am by iconoclast
Individual Posts on any topic in the correct thread will not be edited or deleted.

Posts that are in a wrong thread will be moved or totally deleted as they only disrupt a thread.

This has become necessary as Some have tried to disrupt threads rather than participate freely and unedited

The posts were moved to an appropriate forum, or to the false teaching thread, but were not deleted.
My co-administrator wanted to throw a few people off, but I refused to do that. I believe error should be exposed by truth. It helps the person who is in error, and those who read the error to see it as false.
You can post there as one of the forums is called General Discussions.
Most of the Forum has large links that need to be read. The design is to pick out a paragraph or two, then seek clarification or question what it says....Differences are welcome... not editing, no banning. It works.

Everyone knows what wrong means.
Did'nt you say there is no such thing as wrong here??? You said you never tell anyone they are wrong?
When you say Calvinism is wrong and you are in the Calvinism forum, you are saying that all of us are wrong as we say we believe those teachings! It is the same thing, just not quite honest with denying those truths,

Did'nt you say there is no such thing as wrong here??? You said you never tell anyone they are wrong?
When you say Calvinism is wrong and you are in the Calvinism forum, you are saying that all of us are wrong as we say we believe those teachings! It is the same thing, just not quite honest with denying those truths,
I surrender.

:thud

I have already shown and you dont believe. But I will add this, those believing in Jn 3:16 are the elect who had been appointed to eternal life Acts 13:48 so that again Identifies them as the Elect,

There are those who are Calvinist's that know that the "world" refers to the unsaved.

They don't believe either.

JLB

There are those who are Calvinist's that know that the "world" refers to the unsaved.

JLB
The word world is not in question.
Everyone believing is the question
Everyone remaining in unbelief ,remaining condemned is the question

I surrender.

:thud
No one needs to surrender. If you are sincere, by all means ask your questions.
if you ask your questions and post objections, fine.
When answers are given you can accept, reject, or ignore those answers.
Should you silence, edit, or delete those who respond.....NO.
We know already, not everyone has heard the truth, not everyone understands the truth.

That is the nature of these boards.

The word world is not in question.
Everyone believing is the question
Everyone remaining in unbelief ,remaining condemned is the question

That's your opinion.

The only group that is mentioned by Jesus Christ is the world - no other group such as "elect" is mentioned by Jesus.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

That's your opinion.
No, actually it is what the passage teaches:
15 that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during,

16 for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during
The only group that is mentioned by Jesus Christ is the world -
for God did so love the world,..........that He did something
that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave......Why did He give the Son?
every one who is believing in him,,,,,,,,,,,....... This is not all men, All men do not believe

no other group such as "elect" is mentioned by Jesus.
The biblical truth of election unto salvation does not have to be written in every verse.
The term being born again does not appear in the book of Acts....does that mean people do not need the new birth does it?

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Exactly

JLB
And, what that have to do with me ? Again, them believing in Jn 3:16 are the elect who had been appointed to eternal life Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

I have already shown and you dont believe. But I will add this, those believing in Jn 3:16 are the elect who had been appointed to eternal life Acts 13:48 so that again Identifies them as the Elect,

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
The word ordained appointed tasso:

to draw up in order, arrange
Usage: (a) I assign, arrange, (b) I determine; mid: I appoint.

ὅσοι ἦσαν τεταγμένοι εἰς ζωήν αἰώνιον, as many as were appointed (A. V. ordained) (by God) to obtain eternal life, or to whom God had decreed eternal life, Acts 13:48;

One translation;

When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message; and all who were chosen for eternal life became believers.NLT

When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and praised the word of the Lord; and as many as had been destined for eternal life became believers.NRSV

The Gentiles listened with delight and extolled the Lord's Message; and all who were pre-destined to the Life of the Ages believed. WNT
BF, I just can't get into this.
I do want to say this. Depending on Strong's, or Thayer's for that matter, for your Greek is rather innocent.
Theologians are not sure of what the word you speak of means in that context since it's used 6 other times in the NT and NEVER means preordained or predestined.

As you've correctly stated there are two words to take into consideration here:
tasso and ......tetagmenoi...(which I just noticed you did NOT post).

If Greek scholars are not sure of what it means,,,,you certainly can't be sure.
Strongs and Thayers just post the simplest meaning without getting into theology.

Go through the rest of the verses in the NT that use this word, and see what you come up with.

Sorry, I'm not doing it for you.
And, I know you really won't be looking to deep into this, because, as we both know,
Acts 13:48 is YOUR best go to verse.

Also, there is no other Scripture in the NT that speaks of predestination or election in the way that ONLY
Calvinist do.

That's it.
I must go make dinner.

BF, I just can't get into this.
I do want to say this. Depending on Strong's, or Thayer's for that matter, for your Greek is rather innocent.
Theologians are not sure of what the word you speak of means in that context since it's used 6 other times in the NT and NEVER means preordained or predestined.

As you've correctly stated there are two words to take into consideration here:
tasso and ......tetagmenoi...(which I just noticed you did NOT post).

If Greek scholars are not sure of what it means,,,,you certainly can't be sure.
Strongs and Thayers just post the simplest meaning without getting into theology.

Go through the rest of the verses in the NT that use this word, and see what you come up with.

Sorry, I'm not doing it for you.
And, I know you really won't be looking to deep into this, because, as we both know,
Acts 13:48 is YOUR best go to verse.

Also, there is no other Scripture in the NT that speaks of predestination or election in the way that ONLY
Calvinist do.

That's it.
I must go make dinner.
Ive done my research on the word.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back