Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study A False Teaching about the Cross and Jesus being Crucified

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The only twisted is your refusal to understand Scripture and instead teach Religious JW.
I'm sorry, but what you are presenting in part is the teachings of the Watchtower. I didn't say you were JW, but that what you are teaching is from the JW whether you realize it or not.

You might be better off teaching that which has already been written in Matthew 27:32-56 as what you have posted in your OP is very confusing and contradicting of scripture.

Yes, Jesus denied himself in order to fulfill God's plan of salvation through the shedding of His blood being beaten about His body, made to carry His cross like a common criminal and then nailed to the cross by Roman law as He hung there until He gave up the Ghost. I don't believe He was joyful as in his anguish in the garden He prayed the Father to take this cup from Him, but knew God's will be done.

Jesus crucified, dead and buried being raised again by God that through His life, death and resurrection all can have eternal life with Him to as many who will believe.

As scripture shows He died on the cross but not crucified on the cross.

Bible Explore.com, KJV W/ STRONGS BIBLE - 1 CORINTHIANS 1 http://www.godrules.net/library/kjvstrongs/kjvstrongs1cor1.htm
1:18 For 1063 the preaching 3056 of the cross 4716 is 2076 5748 to them 3303 that perish 622 5730 foolishness 3472; but 1161 unto us 2254 which are saved 4982 5746 it is 2076 5748 the power 1411 of God 2316.

Word: stauroj, Pronounce: stow-ros' , Strongs Number: G4716. Orig: from the base of 2476; a stake or post (as set upright), i.e. (specially), a pole or cross (as an instrument of capital punishment); figuratively, exposure to death, i.e. self-denial; by implication, the atonement of Christ:--cross. G2476. Use: TDNT-7:572,1071 Noun Masculine, Heb Strong

He was crucified by Romans Soldiers on the cross.

Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His garments and made four parts, to each soldier a part, and also the tunic. Now the tunic was without seam, woven from the top in one piece.
John 19:23

The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”
So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.
John 20:25-27

JLB

A better understanding of my post. I changed Impaled to death on the cross.

Crucified, Cross Jesus and Mankind Denies Self

Crucified and cross have the same definition in major Concordances and I use interchangeably both terms in my explanations.
The meat of the Word is Jesus denied self before the foundation of the world, defined as crucified, and then He died on the cross but His physical dying isn’t crucified, IE during His dying He denied self which is non-physical and defined as crucification and for eternity He denies self, also Christians should deny self for eternity and is their crucification.

The New Testament shows Christ was crucified died and rose from the dead and, by Greek definition, He figuratively denied self for His death on the cross. IE the NT exclusively shows one-way He was crucified denying self which resulted in His death, resurrection and bringing His blood as a sacrificial offering to His father.

Also, the Old Testament shows His crucifixion was self-denial which is a true understanding of God’s will. Abraham believed God would raise Isaac from the dead and God the Father believed He would raise Jesus because of Abrahams work of faith. Then God allowed His son Jesus to die and will raise Him. This could did not happened until man (Abraham) denied self and gave his son by a work of faith. Therefore, the OT shows Jesus was crucified same as Abraham’s faith of self-denial. Both Jesus and Abraham denied-self which allowed death, first Abraham for his son then God for His Son, Abraham son’s actual physical death was stopped by God because there was no need for this to happen.

Basis for this teaching

Preaching the cross or His crusification is preaching His death on the cross?

Preaching the cross isn’t preaching His death on the cross and scripture shows His cross, by Greek definition, is Him impaled on a wood stake and this seems to be an accurate understanding of preaching the cross. But further review of this scripture shows God’s understanding of what preaching the cross is. The cross is defined as a stake and figuratively self-denial per Greek definition. 1 Corinthians 1:18. By definition figurative language is new insight into a word. This new insight (Self-Denial) is God’s insight and is beyond the insight of his death on the cross. Figuratively, exposure to death, IE self-denial is to deny self and when we deny self He can live in us and we are following in His footsteps same as when He denied self unto death on the cross.

Example of usage of figuratively:
http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-figurative-language.html
Vocabulary.com figuratively/literally
http://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/figuratively-literally/

The Greek definition of Deny in Matthew 16:24 when Jesus said let him deny is to lose one’s self-interest.

REF Greek definition:

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Bible Explore.com, KJV W/ STRONGS BIBLE - 1 CORINTHIANS 1 http://www.godrules.net/library/kjvstrongs/kjvstrongs1cor1.htm

1:18 For 1063 the preaching 3056 of the cross 4716 is 2076 5748 to them 3303 that perish 622 5730 foolishness 3472; but 1161 unto us 2254 which are saved 4982 5746 it is 2076 5748 the power 1411 of God 2316.

Word: stauroj, Pronounce: stow-ros' , Strongs Number: G4716. Orig: from the base of 2476; a stake or post (as set upright), i.e. (specially), a pole or cross (as an instrument of capital punishment); figuratively, exposure to death, i.e. self-denial; by implication, the atonement of Christ:--cross. G2476. Use: TDNT-7:572,1071 Noun Masculine, Heb Strong

A better understanding of my post. I changed Impaled to death on the cross.

Crucified and cross have the same definition in major Concordances and I use interchangeably both terms in my explanations.
The meat of the Word is Jesus denied self before the foundation of the world, defined as crucified, and then He died on the cross but His physical dying isn’t crucified, IE during His dying He denied self which is non-physical and defined as crucification and for eternity He denies self, also Christians should deny self for eternity and is their crucification.

The New Testament shows Christ was crucified died and rose from the dead and, by Greek definition, He figuratively denied self for His death on the cross. IE the NT exclusively shows one-way He was crucified denying self which resulted in His death, resurrection and bringing His blood as a sacrificial offering to His father.

Also, the Old Testament shows His crucifixion was self-denial which is a true understanding of God’s will. Abraham believed God would raise Isaac from the dead and God the Father believed He would raise Jesus because of Abrahams work of faith. Then God allowed His son Jesus to die and will raise Him. This could did not happened until man (Abraham) denied self and gave his son by a work of faith. Therefore, the OT shows Jesus was crucified same as Abraham’s faith of self-denial. Both Jesus and Abraham denied-self which allowed death, first Abraham for his son then God for His Son, Abraham son’s actual physical death was stopped by God because there was no need for this to happen.

Basis for this teaching

Preaching the cross isn’t preaching His death on the cross and scripture shows His cross, by Greek definition, is a pole or cross (as an instrument of capital punishment) and this seems to be an accurate understanding of preaching the cross. But further review of this scripture shows God’s understanding of what preaching the cross is. The cross is defined as a stake and figuratively self-denial per Greek definition. 1 Corinthians 1:18. By definition figurative language is new insight into a word. This new insight (Self-Denial) is God’s insight and is beyond the insight of his death on the cross. Figuratively, exposure to death, IE self-denial is to deny self and when we deny self He can live in us and we are following in His footsteps same as when He denied self unto death on the cross..

The Greek definition of Deny in Matthew 16:24 when Jesus said let him deny is to lose one’s self-interest.

REF Greek definition:

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His garments and made four parts, to each soldier a part, and also the tunic. Now the tunic was without seam, woven from the top in one piece.

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.

JLB
My post is about Self denial and I updated it for clearer understanding.

Basis for this teaching

Preaching the cross isn’t preaching His death on the cross and scripture shows His cross, by Greek definition, is a pole or cross (as an instrument of capital punishment) and this seems to be an accurate understanding of preaching the cross. But further review of this scripture shows God’s understanding of what preaching the cross is. The cross is defined as a stake and figuratively self-denial per Greek definition. 1 Corinthians 1:18. By definition figurative language is new insight into a word. This new insight (Self-Denial) is God’s insight and is beyond the insight of his death on the cross. Figuratively, exposure to death, IE self-denial is to deny self and when we deny self He can live in us and we are following in His footsteps same as when He denied self unto death on the cross.

REF Greek definition:

My post is about Self denial and I updated it for clearer understanding.

Jesus Christ was literally crucified on the cross for the sins of the world.

JLB

I'm sorry, but what you are presenting in part is the teachings of the Watchtower. I didn't say you were JW, but that what you are teaching is from the JW whether you realize it or not.

You might be better off teaching that which has already been written in Matthew 27:32-56 as what you have posted in your OP is very confusing and contradicting of scripture.

Yes, Jesus denied himself in order to fulfill God's plan of salvation through the shedding of His blood being beaten about His body, made to carry His cross like a common criminal and then nailed to the cross by Roman law as He hung there until He gave up the Ghost. I don't believe He was joyful as in his anguish in the garden He prayed the Father to take this cup from Him, but knew God's will be done.

Jesus crucified, dead and buried being raised again by God that through His life, death and resurrection all can have eternal life with Him to as many who will believe.
Whit help from here I adjusted my post. :

Basis for this teaching

Preaching the cross isn’t preaching His death on the cross and scripture shows His cross, by Greek definition, is a pole or cross (as an instrument of capital punishment) and this seems to be an accurate understanding of preaching the cross. But further review of this scripture shows God’s understanding of what preaching the cross is. The cross is defined as a stake and figuratively self-denial per Greek definition. 1 Corinthians 1:18. By definition figurative language is new insight into a word. This new insight (Self-Denial) is God’s insight and is beyond the insight of his death on the cross. Figuratively, exposure to death, IE self-denial is to deny self and when we deny self He can live in us and we are following in His footsteps same as when He denied self unto death on the cross.

REF Greek definition:

JLB
Remember the context of this scripture and it is an act of soldiers on Jesus and it is obviously not soldiers self denial but is their act which means to physical kill Jesus.

When referring to Jesus crucification it is Him denying self as Strongs shows being figuratively self denial. Word: stauroj, Pronounce: stow-ros' , Strongs Number: G4716. Orig: from the base of 2476; a stake or post (as set upright), i.e. (specially), a pole or cross (as an instrument of capital punishment); figuratively, exposure to death, i.e. self-denial; by implication, the atonement of Christ:--cross. G2476. Use: TDNT-7:572,1071 Noun Masculine, Heb Strong

The crucifixion is the preaching of the finished works of Christ. He whom laid down His own life making atonement for sin by being the perfect sacrifice by God's grace that all who will believe in Him by faith as being the Son of God will have eternal life with Him.

Whit help from here I adjusted my post. :

Basis for this teaching

REF Greek definition:

1:18 For 1063 the preaching 3056 of the cross 4716 is 2076 5748 to them 3303 that perish 622 5730 foolishness 3472; but 1161 unto us 2254 which are saved 4982 5746 it is 2076 5748 the power 1411 of God 2316
The cross was a crossed beamed stake. I think it was how you were trying to define it that was confusing. None the less, what is more important is what the cross represents to us as being the finished works of Christ who yielded up the Ghost as His last words were "It is finished".

The cross was a crossed beamed stake. I think it was how you were trying to define it that was confusing. None the less, what is more important is what the cross represents to us as being the finished works of Christ who yielded up the Ghost as His last words were "It is finished".
A good question is how He finished it, by self denial until His death.

You lost me.
You do not understand how your body works.
OK.
To breath one has to inflate the lungs by depressing the diaphram and expanding the rib cage.

Go to the gym and do chin ups or better still just hang at arms length from the chin up bar. You will find it very difficult to breath as your entyre body weight is hanging from your arms.
If unable to gain releif one very quickly suffocates.

In crucifiction the victim died slowly over a period of days it was intended to be a humiliating degrading death.
Even with arms outstreached as I've appealing for mercy.

AsI have earlier posted the JW's also believed in crucifiction upon a cross untill they for what ever reason changed there doctrin to death on a stake.

When referring to Jesus crucification it is Him denying self

When referring to Jesus being crucified by Romans soldiers, it was a reference to His literal crucifixion and death on the cross.

He literally was crucified.
He literally died.
He literally rose from the dead on the third day, according to the scriptures.

JLB

You do not understand how your body works.
OK.
To breath one has to inflate the lungs by depressing the diaphram and expanding the rib cage.

Go to the gym and do chin ups or better still just hang at arms length from the chin up bar. You will find it very difficult to breath as your entyre body weight is hanging from your arms.
If unable to gain releif one very quickly suffocates.

In crucifiction the victim died slowly over a period of days it was intended to be a humiliating degrading death.
Even with arms outstreached as I've appealing for mercy.

AsI have earlier posted the JW's also believed in crucifiction upon a cross untill they for what ever reason changed there doctrin to death on a stake.
When referring to Jesus being crucified by Romans soldiers, it was a reference to His literal crucifixion and death on the cross.

He literally was crucified.
He literally died.
He literally rose from the dead on the third day, according to the scriptures.

JLB
And Jesus literally denied self for death on the cross. It is what Jesus did to die on the cross not what evil people did to kill Him. Yes His death saves mankind and this would not have happened unless he deny self.

A good question is how He finished it, by self denial until His death.
Jesus finished it by denying himself as He laid down His own life as a perfect blood sacrifice for the atonement of our sin. Being fully God and fully man there was no way that He could not deny Himself being God's plan pf salvation before the foundation of the world.

Amen, and he wants us to walk in his footsteps of denying self, Greek defined as denying self interest, then we are in His will.

Back