Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

A liar from the 'BEGINNING!'

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I find nothing in these quotes nullify the Lords Commandments! Deut.4
[13] And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone. And they are seen in Heaven, inside the Ark of His Covenant. Rev. 11
[19] And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

(Georges quote’s)

Heb 4:3
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

(there is nothing there George, these are believers of Christ)

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and [[they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief]]
(and here is telling you the few who Obeyed!)

6 7 Again, [[he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.]]
For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There
remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
(is that not clear? The few did Obey because they loved their master. But I think that the word should be Joshua instead of Christ? But it is inspired of the many prophets anyway! 1 Cor. 14:32)

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

And George, if you can find any way that God did indeed did change His ETERNAL Covenant (Heb. 13:20) with that posting have a go at it! But see Dan. 7:25 first!

---Elijah

You insist that if we don't keep a literal Sabbath then we have not kept all the law of God and stand condemned before Him. But Paul plainly says when we love our neighbor as ourself we are keeping the whole law of God and not violating any of it.

So, what you have to do is show us that Paul was wrong when he said that when we love our neighbor as ourself we have fulfilled the WHOLE law.

You insist that if we don't keep a literal Sabbath then we have not kept all the law of God and stand condemned before Him. But Paul plainly says when we love our neighbor as ourself we are keeping the whole law of God and not violating any of it.

So, what you have to do is show us that Paul was wrong when he said that when we love our neighbor as ourself we have fulfilled the WHOLE law.

Lets do better than that, here is what Christ said!
Matt. 22

[35] Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, (is that you??)
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the [[first and great]] commandment.

And will you quit following me around?;)

--Elijah

Lets do better than that, here is what Christ said!
Matt. 22

[35] Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, (is that you??)
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the [[first and great]] commandment.

But this commandment is ALSO fulfilled when I love my neighbor as myself. Or is that commandment somehow not included in the 'and any other commandment there may be' in Paul's teaching that says the law gets fulfilled when we love our neighbor as ourself? John shows us that it is not only included, but that 'love your neighbor as yourself' is the very epitome of what it means to love God.

Paul says the only thing that counts in regard to the faith that justifies is love for others, not things like circumcision and various other worship requirements of the law. He says they count for nothing. Those things prove nothing about your faith in, and love for, God. If we believe what you say then the Pharisees were loving God supremely by their external worship law keeping, but we know they lacked that which matters and which caused them to be rejected by Jesus--godly character. That lack effectively nullified any value their external law keeping might have had. We see this message to God's people repeated over and over in the Prophets.

And will you quit following me around?;)

--Elijah
You start thread after thread about literal Sabbath law keeping in a public forum and then ask that I quit following you around? Is that right?

The way you'll make me 'go away' is start directly addressing the scriptures I have been posting and show that they do not mean what they so plainly say. But you aren't doing that. All you're doing is rattling off the same old passages that are supposed to nullify, all by themselves without explanation, the plain passages I've been posting.

Maybe you don't live too far away from me. If not, I'll come to your church. I'd love to sit in on one of your Bible studies. What do you say? :tongue

I find nothing in these quotes nullify the Lords Commandments! Deut.4
[13] And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone. And they are seen in Heaven, inside the Ark of His Covenant. Rev. 11
[19] And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

(Georges quote’s)

Heb 4:3
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

(there is nothing there George, these are believers of Christ)

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and [[they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief]]
(and here is telling you the few who Obeyed!)

6 7 Again, [[he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.]]
For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There
remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
(is that not clear? The few did Obey because they loved their master. But I think that the word should be Joshua instead of Christ? But it is inspired of the many prophets anyway! 1 Cor. 14:32)

And George, if you can find any way that God did indeed did change His ETERNAL Covenant (Heb. 13:20) with that posting have a go at it! But see Dan. 7:25 first!

---Elijah

Of course it does not show how the commandment is broken but how it is fulfilled, for Christ is the ONLY REST OF GOD, and those who have ceased from their own works (of the law) have entered into the true rest of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back