Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

A liar from the 'BEGINNING!'

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
'If any reader seeking understandings can't even manage to get the basic components of allegory/metaphor/similitude on the table for viewing and discussion they are slated to not understand by showing ignorance and disrespect to the Word.

Let me guess who gets to decide the meanings of the "allegory/metaphor/similtude" ? and those who disagree are "ignorant and disrespectful"

That was my statement, and yes, I did make the observation that the Word does 'factually' guide us through dissecting allegories, metaphors and similitudes. The rules are quite open, easily read and basic.

IF that standard is raised, agreement always follows for believers because it is sooo simple a child can understand.

s

'If any reader seeking understandings can't even manage to get the basic components of allegory/metaphor/similitude on the table for viewing and discussion they are slated to not understand by showing ignorance and disrespect to the Word.

Let me guess who gets to decide the meanings of the "allegory/metaphor/similtude" ? and those who disagree are "ignorant and disrespectful"

That was my statement, and yes, I did make the observation that the Word does 'factually' guide us through dissecting allegories, metaphors and similitudes. The rules are quite open, easily read and basic.

IF that standard is raised, agreement always follows for believers because it is sooo simple a child can understand.

s
Oops I was trying to help you out smaller:chokedup

But you must admit that many use these things to make all sorts of doctrines that cannot be proven in the clear reading of the scriptures?

s

But you must admit that many use these things to make all sorts of doctrines that cannot be proven in the clear reading of the scriptures?

Agreement is quick and easy when any of us are on a 'truthful' quest....;)

Truth is neither you or I would ever seek to justify ourselves by showing up in a pew on Saturday or not eating pork because we know the utter futility of such measures.

For me, understanding this process came to light when sitting in a pew and having a 'bad thought' when I was there seeking to be only good. It was then that 'self examinations' began. And I failed...utterly. And I know why that is...because I was a liar, sitting there thinking I was good when I was having a bad thought OR so I first thought. I felt the STING of HYPOCRISY. It BIT me deeply to be such a detestable thing.

It was later the Word showed me the location of the LIAR, and all the time I had been reading prior I 'exempted' myself from the obvious:

Mark 4:15
And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

From that moment on I never sat in the pew the same way again in my understandings, because The Word showed me where the LIAR was located.

and one might think this is rather easy to see, but it's not. Even as I put it up for view, the veil comes DOWN upon the readers.

It is in Mark 4 and the associated parables that Jesus said we must understand to understand ALL parables.

and ALL the Word is in fact A PARABLE:

Hear 'ye' the parable?

Do you know the term 'ye' is PLURAL? And is so by Divine Reasoning?

When Jesus said unto 'ye' plural He is speaking to TWO, yet only one, YOU, are meant to 'hear.'

IF you read Mark 4:15 above you will see who will not hear and the other party to the transaction.

s

OK you two. The thread is about the first one who lied! And he did not believe his own OSAS theory! (see Gen. 3:4)

--Elijah

OK you two. The thread is about the first one who lied! And he did not believe his own OSAS theory! (see Gen. 3:4)

--Elijah

This liar started his revolt in heaven as a covering cherub! And to think that he was OSAS brings TRUE IGNORANCE!

--Elijah

--Elijah

This liar started his revolt in heaven as a covering cherub! And to think that he was OSAS brings TRUE IGNORANCE!

--Elijah

PS: & PS: Do you not understand the Adam & Eve were Vegans?? (o'well, the nothings of your posting!)

--Elijah

--Elijah
I think he deceived them into eating from a certain tree called the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

2Co 3:6 ¶ Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones,

I can hear him now, go ahead and eat from the "ministry of death" did God really say that you would die?

s

Agreement is quick and easy when any of us are on a 'truthful' quest....;)

Truth is neither you or I would ever seek to justify ourselves by showing up in a pew on Saturday or not eating pork because we know the utter futility of such measures.

For me, understanding this process came to light when sitting in a pew and having a 'bad thought' when I was there seeking to be only good. It was then that 'self examinations' began. And I failed...utterly. And I know why that is...because I was a liar, sitting there thinking I was good when I was having a bad thought OR so I first thought. I felt the STING of HYPOCRISY. It BIT me deeply to be such a detestable thing.

It was later the Word showed me the location of the LIAR, and all the time I had been reading prior I 'exempted' myself from the obvious:

Mark 4:15
And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

From that moment on I never sat in the pew the same way again in my understandings, because The Word showed me where the LIAR was located.

and one might think this is rather easy to see, but it's not. Even as I put it up for view, the veil comes DOWN upon the readers.

It is in Mark 4 and the associated parables that Jesus said we must understand to understand ALL parables.

and ALL the Word is in fact A PARABLE:

Hear 'ye' the parable?

Do you know the term 'ye' is PLURAL? And is so by Divine Reasoning?

When Jesus said unto 'ye' plural He is speaking to TWO, yet only one, YOU, are meant to 'hear.'

IF you read Mark 4:15 above you will see who will not hear and the other party to the transaction.

s
The Word of God is made to cut to the heart of every man who seeks to know the truth, In seeing Gods righteousness a man is required to admit and cast his own down to the ground. But a funny thing happens when one cast away his own righteousness? He will cast away the power of sin with it.

--Elijah

--Elijah

PS: & PS: Do you not understand the Adam & Eve were Vegans?? (o'well, the nothings of your posting!)

--Elijah

Didn't seem to help them any when it came to making good decisions...;)

--Elijah

--Elijah

--Elijah

Didn't seem to help them any when it came to making good decisions...;)

It seems that some guys miss Acts 10's message.
Peter was a few years ahead of you'ones! Never had he done the evil of 'eating swine's flesh' (Isaiah 58:15-19.. you know what consumed means?) so he needed to understand the Lord' Vision & what it meant??? Three times he said not so Lord (Acts 10:16-17) while he thought of what the vision meant.

But you 'all ' know right away huh!

Mal. 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not..! + Heb.13:8's TRUTH of...

[8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

And you'ins change the Godheads Word to suit your Gen. 4:7 DESIRE??

--Elijah

Yes, some seem to miss it?
Ac 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Ac 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

And on we go as you purposely missed it(??) ..

[16] This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
[17] Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made inquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate, ..'

Peter knew that God does not change! Mal. 3:4 and that Christ is the same forever! So he needed MORE than a three time vision to be explained. But not you, huh?

--Elijah

[17] Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made inquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate, ..'

Peter knew that God does not change! Mal. 3:4 and that Christ is the same forever! So he needed MORE than a three time vision to be explained. But not you, huh?

--Elijah

Peter saw that sheet descending 'upon him.'

"he fell into a trance, And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him"

Don't you KNOW this is a picture of the unclean vessel that is put upon man, THE TEMPTER and his own?

It is not 'the man' that is UNCLEAN, but the demonic that we are all immersed into and engaged with.

I pity a man who has to pick up the wonders of The Word of God and only come away with the conclusion that one must sit in a pew on Saturday and not eat pork.

There was A PIG in that sheet that descended on Peter. Yet most will never see the fact of it.

"Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts-"

How do you think Peter came away from that 'experience' knowing that he should not call ANY MAN common or unclean?

The UNCLEAN descended upon him. It was NOT HIM.

s

--Elijah

Peter saw that sheet descending 'upon him.'

"he fell into a trance, And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him"

Don't you KNOW this is a picture of the unclean vessel that is put upon man, THE TEMPTER and his own?

It is not 'the man' that is UNCLEAN, but the demonic that we are all immersed into and engaged with.

I pity a man who has to pick up the wonders of The Word of God and only come away with the conclusion that one must sit in a pew on Saturday and not eat pork.

There was A PIG in that sheet that descended on Peter. Yet most will never see the fact of it.

"Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts-"

How do you think Peter came away from that 'experience' knowing that he should not call ANY MAN common or unclean?

The UNCLEAN descended upon him. It was NOT HIM.

s

YOU MISS THE POINT... PETER DID NOT UNDERSTAND... 'YET' ...THE THREE TIME VISION! But he did know that GOD NEVER CHANGES!

--Elijah

YOU MISS THE POINT... PETER DID NOT UNDERSTAND... 'YET' ...THE THREE TIME VISION! But he did know that GOD NEVER CHANGES!

--Elijah

You claim God never changes, therefore you must sit in a pew on Saturday and be a vegan?

Sorry, that form of reasoning doesn't connect or compute.

Perhaps you missed the 'certain unclean vessel' that descended upon Peter? Which was at the heart of my observations.

s

--Elijah

You claim God never changes, therefore you must sit in a pew on Saturday and be a vegan?

Sorry, that form of reasoning doesn't connect or compute.

Perhaps you missed the 'certain unclean vessel' that descended upon Peter? Which was at the heart of my observations.

s

I can leave you where you are at if that is the way that you want it? I realize that it takes time for some to get off the milk diet. (dull of hearing??)

--Elijah

--Elijah
Well you can call it what you like, the Chruch calls it the NEW covenant.
Heb 8:6 ¶ But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt;
because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Your conflict is with Gods Word, and the fact that Christ fulfilled all that the first covenant demanded.

--Elijah
Heb 8:6 ¶ But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Your conflict is with Gods Word, and the fact that Christ fulfilled all that the first covenant demanded.

Yes I know what church's that you are talking about! The Rev. 17:1-5 ones.

--Elijah

--Elijah
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

--Elijah
Well you seem to enjoy insults, I speak of the Chruch built upon the teachings of Paul and the gospel of grace. Born of the Holy Spirit.
Now your conflict is not with me, but the scriptures I have posted.

--Elijah

--Elijah

Me again::screwloose
Yes, again, John who lived the longest & penned many Inspired Word's would have corrected Paul's work if it had of been needed to do so. It is the Rev. 12:17 verse that agrees with all of their PENMAN work that is of importance! 1 Cor. 14:32 says it THIS WAY... [32] And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. And that means that these all agree to this as.. you say, is the New Covenant verse? With out knowing what that MEANS!

I suggest that you take time to CHECK out Pauls meaning of his pen? No where does he say what you say that he does!

In fact 1 John 2 has John telling all WHAT THE NEW COVENANT ENCOUNTERS! 1 John 2 says it LOUD & CLEAR! ....

[3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
[5] But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

[6] He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
[7] Brethren, [[I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning.]] The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

And AGAIN kid'o, you just do your thing? but stay away from Adams first son's fruit offering!

--Elijah

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back