Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Aliens exist?

I dunno...Doesn't really matter anyway. If they do, ok, if not, oh well.

"If there's life on other planets
Then I'm sure that He must know
And He's been there once already
And has died to save their souls" - Larry Norman

If there is life out there, then they are in need of a Saviour even as we are, for it clearly states in Scripture that all creation suffers from the effects of sin. Personally I don't think there are and that the whole alien thing is a ploy of Satan to take our eyes off the Creator because if there are aliens out there then perhaps there isn't really a single Creator but several, or perhaps evolution really is true. Also, if there were aliens out there, why don't we have any clues to them in the Scriptures? Just a thought.

In Christ,
Matthew

Diaconeo said:
If there is life out there, then they are in need of a Saviour even as we are, for it clearly states in Scripture that all creation suffers from the effects of sin. Personally I don't think there are and that the whole alien thing is a ploy of Satan to take our eyes off the Creator because if there are aliens out there then perhaps there isn't really a single Creator but several, or perhaps evolution really is true. Also, if there were aliens out there, why don't we have any clues to them in the Scriptures? Just a thought.

In Christ,
Matthew

err why would we? you know the nearest star is light years away... and the near star with planets orbiting is even more... so they could be there but with no tecnology to travel here... there must be tho..maybe not near here.. and there is some evidence on the bible, well as it all symbolic you can take it as evidence: i just remember 1 atm and that is.. err remember the profet that was taken from a charriot in fire that came from the skys? that could possibly been a spaceship, as you know the bible wasnt written by "God", and the people could just seen it as a chariot in fire that came from the sky... and if Jesus was trully the son of god he probably wouldnt talk about aliens of stuff coz people could think he was allucinating

Atheisst said:
.. err remember the profet that was taken from a charriot in fire that came from the skys? that could possibly been a spaceship, as you know the bible wasnt written by "God", and the people could just seen it as a chariot in fire that came from the sky...

Yes, many of those that believe in UFO's or attempt to use the Bible to lay credible evidence for them often go there to Elijah's travel to Heaven in the fiery chariot. They also believe that Philips travel was some sort of transporter and that Jesus' Ascension was actually some sort of transport beam as well. Then there is of course the 40 years Israel wandered in the wilderness being led by a pillar of fire by night and a cloud by day. Many UFO advocates use this a proof positive that they were led by a space craft of some sort, it just couldn't be seen because of the cloud and fire. There are many other instance in the Bible that they try to use as proof of UFO's or alien life, but it's all speculation. Nothing in the Scriptures really supports it outside of speculation.

as you know the bible wasn't written by "God",

While I agree that is wasn't actually written by the hand of God Himself physically, I do believe that it is His inspired word, meaning that what was written is just what it was. God, being omnipotent, had a chariot of fire come down out of heaven and carry Elijah away. I don't have any real reason to believe that is was any thing other than a fiery chariot from heaven.

In Christ,
Matthew

altho u do know thats physically impossible, and its probably (as most the bible) symbolic... i dont like the bible tho its full of contradictions... and i think it wasnt inspired it was just the testimonies from the apostles

Not to be offensive or anything, but how old are you athiesst?

altho u do know thats physically impossible, and its probably (as most the bible) symbolic... i dont like the bible tho its full of contradictions... and i think it wasnt inspired it was just the testimonies from the apostles
What is physically impossible?
most of the bible is not symbolic, some yes, but not most.
If read in context and with actual knowledge of the scriptures there are no contradictions.
The apostles weren't around for the old testament, what about those books? And yes they were testimonies of the apostles...inspired by God. And testimonies from men willing to face torture, persicution and horrible deaths for the name of Christ is a pretty convincing act to put up if they didn't actually know the gospel was true beyond anything they had ever known.

Atheisst said:
what u guys think?
Well, I don't think so but I am seriously starting to believe that bats do indeed live in the belfree. :-D

Atheisst said:
Nothing is impossible with God. And since you are talking of contradictions in the Bible, how about you show us some. You say you don't like the Bible but I am betting you have never read more then a couple of pages. Anyway, please, show some contradictions.

To say that there is not presumes you know everything. But if I take the Bible at face-value, I'd say no, at least not in this time-space continuum. I think the entire vast universe is for us.

well if you take the bible as your science book, lots of stuff shouldnt exist.

Taking the bible as the only book that gives the facts is too close minded... remember the bible wasnt written by god(i think its inspired or just testomonies) it can have flaws... People of those days wouldnt know how to interpret lets say, a nuclear reactor, coz that was nonsense on those days...

and the bible also says the earth is flat and that the sun revolves around it... i dont remmeber the quote, but i think ive read it somewhere in the forums...

i do think aliens exist, though im not sure if they can come here, or if they are advanced enough to, or primitive...

Punk-O-Rama said:
and the bible also says the earth is flat and that the sun revolves around it... i dont remmeber the quote, but i think ive read it somewhere in the forums ...

Sputnikboy: He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing. Job 26:7

Do aliens exist?

Hey Atheisst. Help me out. You obviously are familiar with the Bible, and I sure would like to know where all those contradictions are.

So how about giving me a list.

Bick

Back