Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Always Spirit-Filled Or A Leaky Vessel?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I see it like this...I have a pond in my heart. Fresh water flows in and out. If it can't flow out, then it goes stagnant. If it can only flow out, then it dries up.
Living water is moving water. It needs to flow out and be replaced constantly for it to remain fresh!
Waters that flow out , FROM the CONTINOUS FOUNTAIN of living waters ,
are to flow out unto the dry the parched and those in need of that drink .
AKA , TELL this lost world and lost false religions about the true living
waters , about JESUS CHRIST . WE dont drink of the water of life
to keep that life just within us , WE share it . Never let a muslim
or any other remain in their dry parched land .
As we have recieved faith in JESUS , SO tell them about this .
AS you have been given , SO GIVE . Most churches
just focus on FEELINGS and the reason those feelings dont last
and they need another so called annointing , cause they live by feelings
and not by Truth . I watch folks go and get lit up and worse under false teachers
and yet in time they just feel they another another soaking , another etc
well , my question is did they ever really recieve the annointing to begin with .
AND even if one does , Those waters are meant to be given to others .
AKA , SPREAD JESUS TO THE LOST . Watch how GOD would rejoice the soul
if one did just that . The living waters that just keep on giving ,
and lambs would share that tesimony , the testimony of JESUS
with the lost . But today we have us many
who just go week by week to the same old church
and live by feeling and not by every Word of GOD .
Let us learn The biblical Christ real well , let us learn and stay refreshed
and stirred up by those reminders and STIR one another up
by those reminders , by the same SPIRIT .

What you are saying tells me that you are ignorant about moves of the Holy Spirit and have listened to groups like CARM and probably deceiving spirits. Sucks to be you.
Quickly , tell me what on earth is carm . I have never heard of that .
Explain fast their teachings . IF they false i will quickly help to expose them .
What on earth is carm .

Waters that flow out , FROM the CONTINOUS FOUNTAIN of living waters ,
are to flow out unto the dry the parched and those in need of that drink .
AKA , TELL this lost world and lost false religions about the true living
waters , about JESUS CHRIST . WE dont drink of the water of life
to keep that life just within us , WE share it . Never let a muslim
or any other remain in their dry parched land .
As we have recieved faith in JESUS , SO tell them about this .
AS you have been given , SO GIVE . Most churches
just focus on FEELINGS and the reason those feelings dont last
and they need another so called annointing , cause they live by feelings
and not by Truth . I watch folks go and get lit up and worse under false teachers
and yet in time they just feel they another another soaking , another etc
well , my question is did they ever really recieve the annointing to begin with .
AND even if one does , Those waters are meant to be given to others .
AKA , SPREAD JESUS TO THE LOST . Watch how GOD would rejoice the soul
if one did just that . The living waters that just keep on giving ,
and lambs would share that tesimony , the testimony of JESUS
with the lost . But today we have us many
who just go week by week to the same old church
and live by feeling and not by every Word of GOD .
Let us learn The biblical Christ real well , let us learn and stay refreshed
and stirred up by those reminders and STIR one another up
by those reminders , by the same SPIRIT .
Wonderful wise words from brother.
Continue with your exhortations dear loved brother.
The glorious Lord be praised.

That was why Peter & John had to come down because the people's sights had to be taken off of Philip to Jesus Christ in receiving the promise by faith in Jesus Christ rather than by believing in the things Philip was preaching about out of fanfare of Philip.
I See no suggestion in Acts Ch. 8 that the " the people's sights " were on anything other than Jesus . Please give me the verses in Acts 8 that you base what the people were thinking . Also " fanfare of Philip " , what on God's Good earth are you talking about !

Peter and John were sent to help Philip in Samaria , not because of an error being commited by Phillip .
Acts 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
This made Philip look like he was in error in serving Him for not noting why those people were wanting to be water baptized even though they believed in the "things" Philip preached about but not in a personal way in coming to & believing in Jesus Christ.
Again I have not seen anything to suggest error in what Philip was doing for God in Samaria .

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Notice in this verse they had been baptized but they were still yet to receive The Holy Spirit .
Acts 8: 17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
So it was that area because of Simon and the people afflicted by him supernaturally that God had to be patient in drawing them unto the Son in lifting their sights off of Philip even though God was delivering them from unclean spirits caused by Simon as well as God doing other miracles besides deliver them from unclean spirits.
Philip was being used of God ! " Lifting their sights off Philip" ? Where is that indicated in Acts 8 ?
So it was a fault of the people for why they were getting water baptized by Philip for and not really his fault for why God sent Peter & John down so their sights would be off of him to Jesus Christ to receive the promise of the Spirit by coming to Jesus Christ by faith, as in believing in Jesus Christ..
Huh ? What are you trying to say here ?

I See no suggestion in Acts Ch. 8 that the " the people's sights " were on anything other than Jesus .
There is that "suggestion" by how Simon had thought to buy the power of giving the Holy Spirit himself when he was looking at Peter & John in their laying on of hands. Simon's mentality shows he was still not right in coming to the Lord as his sights were on the men as having this power.

Acts 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost. 18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, 19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. 20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. 21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. 23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. 24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

Please give me the verses in Acts 8 that you base what the people were thinking . Also " fanfare of Philip " , what on God's Good earth are you talking about !
Look at the background Luke gave on Simon and the people in that area in relations to Simon.

Acts 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed. 8 And there was great joy in that city.

9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: 10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God. 11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

See the fanfare mentioned of the people in that area due to Simon and why. The infamous Simon was replaced with the famous Philip. That is how their eyes of high regard went from Simon to Philip for why they believed Philip in the "things" he was talking "about" but not coming to & believing in Jesus Christ but coming to and following Philip to behold the miracles in believing what he is preaching about.

12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Then go back up and continue to read verses 14-24 again for how none of them had received the promise of the Holy Spirit at their salvation yet but were only water baptized in Jesus's name.

That means this cannot be about another baptism with the Holy Ghost when it was written they never had Him yet and thus still unsaved for any that have not the Spirit of Christ, are none of His as Romans 8:9 testifies.

So something was not right in Simon for believing Philip just as something was not right with the people for believing Philip. I discerned this to be because all their sights were on Philip instead of seeing Jesus Christ as doing all those miracles.

Peter and John were sent to help Philip in Samaria , not because of an error being commited by Phillip .
Acts 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

Again I have not seen anything to suggest error in what Philip was doing for God in Samaria .

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Notice in this verse they had been baptized but they were still yet to receive The Holy Spirit .
Acts 8: 17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Philip was being used of God ! " Lifting their sights off Philip" ? Where is that indicated in Acts 8 ?

Huh ? What are you trying to say here ?
I just meant why Luke had to explain this es the readers had thought Philip was at fault for why Peter & John had to come. By sharing what had happened afterwards, it was the people's fault, those potential new believers for not coming TO & believing IN Jesus Christ to be saved. Sending Peter & John down helped the people see this promise of the Spirit as coming from God for coming to & believing in Jesus Christ but even then, Simon still needed his sights to be lifted higher because he had thought he could buy the power of giving the Holy Spirit from Peter & John.

Why would Simon think that? Because he was a sorcerer which had power to afflict the people supernaturally and so that was how he believed these newcomers were doing this.

Why would the people think Philip was doing all this instead of Jesus Christ? Because before they were familiar with Simon the sorcerer for afflicting them supernaturally.

So that is why Peter & John had to be sent down because God was being careful with them to come to & believe in Jesus Christ to receive the promise.

That is how I discerned this with me and s far He has not corrected me otherwise.

Unless you have quotes from those that represent CARM as doing so, I refrain from making statements like that. I am sure there are members in that forum that say things like that but not sure you can say the officials at CARM are saying that.

As it is as far as our discussion goes, the scriptures is how and why I am discerning the spirits by Jesus Christ in the defense of the faith which is the good fight.

I am telling you that you always have been Spirit-filled since salvation as a testimony from God that you are saved. That is the testimony we are all suppose to share.

It is you that went out from us to speak of another drink of the One Spirit; thus another baptism, and thus another calling other than the one hope of our calling.

So pretty much you are telling every saved Spirit-filled believer since salvation that they are ignorant because they did not experience what you had and apparently still having those experiences... to wit, I ask you, have you ever tested the spirits like the apostle John told you to do or do you just believe every spirit coming over you to be of God?
I'm sorry G
Just like JLB I'm having difficulty understanding you.

I've never heard that we are filled over and over .
Only one time,,,and then we call it growth.

Do you agree?

Hi thanks for this but you said.. "Since the baptism of the Holy Spirit only happens at our born again of the Spirit moment of our salvation, then there is no other baptism with the Holy Spirit to seek."

The problem here is it goes against the word of God. Acts 1 takes care of all of this..lets look. He was already risen "to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God."

Lets keep reading "for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”

We keep reading " But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

When Christ said this they were already born again. Luke 11 13 is not old its not for only those that were under the OT law. He the Father will give the sweet holy Spirit to them that ask.

Others already said it.. JLB said it and also asked. For me I was saved then they asked if I wanted the holy Spirit.. and what happen to me was exactly like what happened in the word of God. Is still happening to day.. PRAISE GOD! For me.. oh it was like night and day. Everything He promised happened. I didn't already have it.

There is that "suggestion" by how Simon had thought to buy the power of giving the Holy Spirit himself when he was looking at Peter & John in their laying on of hands. Simon's mentality shows he was still not right in coming to the Lord as his sights were on the men as having this power.

Acts 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost. 18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, 19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. 20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. 21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. 23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. 24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

Look at the background Luke gave on Simon and the people in that area in relations to Simon.

Acts 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed. 8 And there was great joy in that city.

9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: 10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God. 11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

See the fanfare mentioned of the people in that area due to Simon and why. The infamous Simon was replaced with the famous Philip. That is how their eyes of high regard went from Simon to Philip for why they believed Philip in the "things" he was talking "about" but not coming to & believing in Jesus Christ but coming to and following Philip to behold the miracles in believing what he is preaching about.

12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Then go back up and continue to read verses 14-24 again for how none of them had received the promise of the Holy Spirit at their salvation yet but were only water baptized in Jesus's name.

That means this cannot be about another baptism with the Holy Ghost when it was written they never had Him yet and thus still unsaved for any that have not the Spirit of Christ, are none of His as Romans 8:9 testifies.

So something was not right in Simon for believing Philip just as something was not right with the people for believing Philip. I discerned this to be because all their sights were on Philip instead of seeing Jesus Christ as doing all those miracles.

I just meant why Luke had to explain this es the readers had thought Philip was at fault for why Peter & John had to come. By sharing what had happened afterwards, it was the people's fault, those potential new believers for not coming TO & believing IN Jesus Christ to be saved. Sending Peter & John down helped the people see this promise of the Spirit as coming from God for coming to & believing in Jesus Christ but even then, Simon still needed his sights to be lifted higher because he had thought he could buy the power of giving the Holy Spirit from Peter & John.

Why would Simon think that? Because he was a sorcerer which had power to afflict the people supernaturally and so that was how he believed these newcomers were doing this.

Why would the people think Philip was doing all this instead of Jesus Christ? Because before they were familiar with Simon the sorcerer for afflicting them supernaturally.

So that is why Peter & John had to be sent down because God was being careful with them to come to & believe in Jesus Christ to receive the promise.

That is how I discerned this with me and s far He has not corrected me otherwise.
Acts 8:
12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Simon and the men and women spoken of in these two verses are they at this point Christians ? Yes or No will do . I say YES . What do you say ?

I'm sorry G
Just like JLB I'm having difficulty understanding you.

I've never heard that we are filled over and over .
Only one time,,,and then we call it growth.

Do you agree?
I agree.

if you peruse the thread, you may find replies by some members that believe there is a continual filling of the Holy Spirit or that there is another baptism of the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues as separate from salvation.

You & I agree that there is only one and that happened at our salvation at the calling of the gospel when we first believed. That is the tradition taught of us 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 in keeping the faith which is the good fight per 2 Corinthians 13:5.

Our confidence is in the Lord Jesus Christ to finish His work in us as we are to trust Him also as our Good Shepherd & Friend to help us to follow Him by laying aside every weight & sin daily. That is how we live and grow ad that is by faith in Jesus Christ.

Acts 8:
12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Simon and the men and women spoken of in these two verses are they at this point Christians ? Yes or No will do . I say YES . What do you say ?
I'd say "no" when you keep it in context.

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Believers try to apply Acts 8th chapter to support that other calling for saved believers to seek "another" baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues", but they keep glossing over that verse 16 because they never had the Holy Spirit yet and so they were not saved yet. They were just water baptized in His name.

This verse below proves they were not saved yet as in not born again of the Spirit.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Thank you for sharing your inquiries. The only way the Lord can minister to you and to me in this iron sharpen iron part of His ministry.

I agree.

if you peruse the thread, you may find replies by some members that believe there is a continual filling of the Holy Spirit or that there is another baptism of the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues as separate from salvation.

You & I agree that there is only one and that happened at our salvation at the calling of the gospel when we first believed. That is the tradition taught of us 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 in keeping the faith which is the good fight per 2 Corinthians 13:5.

Our confidence is in the Lord Jesus Christ to finish His work in us as we are to trust Him also as our Good Shepherd & Friend to help us to follow Him by laying aside every weight & sin daily. That is how we live and grow ad that is by faith in Jesus Christ.
Agreed.
I hope you're not of the reformed faith.

I believe that tongues can be a gift, but I don't believe it's Proof of receiving the Holy Spirit.

Agreed.
I hope you're not of the reformed faith.

I believe that tongues can be a gift, but I don't believe it's Proof of receiving the Holy Spirit.
Well, I am not of the Reformed faith, and I do believe in the gifts of the Spirit, but what I do not believe is getting that gift of tongue by seeking to receive another baptism with the Holy Ghost after salvation. They use tongues as a sign of proof to the believers of having that second baptism and that is why it is not of Him 1 Corinthians 14:20-22.

It goes against Paul's warning in 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 as well as ignoring John's warning for why we are to test the spirits in 1 John 4:1-6 because they can receive other spirits later on in life but by knowing He has been is us since salvation, we an know that was not the Holy spirit, but the spirit of the antichrist. We are to even test the tongues because believers can get pagan's supernatural tongue by the receiving of those spirits in the world for why it is just gibberish nonsense. That is why the real God's gift of tongues is of other men's lips ( a foreign language ) to speak unto the people per 1 Corinthians 14:21. That is why it has to come with interpretation or otherwise it is unfruitful to the believer speaking in tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:19-21 proves believers are reading 1 Corinthians 14:1-40 wrong because of the way modern day tongue speakers claim tongues are for private use for all those supposed listed benefits of tongues and yet with no interpretation, they cannot say what that tongue is doing, making God appear to be the author of confusion which He is not and so that extra phenomenon for how they got that tongue is not of Him and neither is that tongue. Isaiah 8:19 & 1 Corinthians 14:32-33

That is the point of the apostle john in warning believers to test the spirits & the tongues they bring and by remembering our faith that Jesus Christ has been with us since salvation is how they can know that spirit coming over them later in life is not the real Holy Spirit and why they an shun that tongue rather than assume it is for private use just because it comes with no interpretation, when having no interpretation from another or understood by a foreigner is proof is it not of Him.

Thanks for sharing.

Well, I am not of the Reformed faith, and I do believe in the gifts of the Spirit, but what I do not believe is getting that gift of tongue by seeking to receive another baptism with the Holy Ghost after salvation. They use tongues as a sign of proof to the believers of having that second baptism and that is why it is not of Him 1 Corinthians 14:20-22.

It goes against Paul's warning in 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 as well as ignoring John's warning for why we are to test the spirits in 1 John 4:1-6 because they can receive other spirits later on in life but by knowing He has been is us since salvation, we an know that was not the Holy spirit, but the spirit of the antichrist. We are to even test the tongues because believers can get pagan's supernatural tongue by the receiving of those spirits in the world for why it is just gibberish nonsense. That is why the real God's gift of tongues is of other men's lips ( a foreign language ) to speak unto the people per 1 Corinthians 14:21. That is why it has to come with interpretation or otherwise it is unfruitful to the believer speaking in tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:19-21 proves believers are reading 1 Corinthians 14:1-40 wrong because of the way modern day tongue speakers claim tongues are for private use for all those supposed listed benefits of tongues and yet with no interpretation, they cannot say what that tongue is doing, making God appear to be the author of confusion which He is not and so that extra phenomenon for how they got that tongue is not of Him and neither is that tongue. Isaiah 8:19 & 1 Corinthians 14:32-33

That is the point of the apostle john in warning believers to test the spirits & the tongues they bring and by remembering our faith that Jesus Christ has been with us since salvation is how they can know that spirit coming over them later in life is not the real Holy Spirit and why they an shun that tongue rather than assume it is for private use just because it comes with no interpretation, when having no interpretation from another or understood by a foreigner is proof is it not of Him.

Thanks for sharing.
Agreed on all.

I'd say "no" when you keep it in context.

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Believers try to apply Acts 8th chapter to support that other calling for saved believers to seek "another" baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues", but they keep glossing over that verse 16 because they never had the Holy Spirit yet and so they were not saved yet. They were just water baptized in His name.

This verse below proves they were not saved yet as in not born again of the Spirit.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Thank you for sharing your inquiries. The only way the Lord can minister to you and to me in this iron sharpen iron part of His ministry.
I got the NO I expected .

One question for you . Using Acts 8:16 for a reference . Did you have anything fall on you when you were born again ?

Ephesians 2:8 Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus and not by works, which would make water baptism a work towards repentance. John said I must decrease and Jesus increase. John's water baptism was only for repentance as being prepared for the coming of the Lord as the water represented the washing away of sin, or as John put it "prepare ye the way of the Lord". It is not clear in scripture that Jesus ever baptized anyone in water even though He first came to John's water baptism as a fulfillment of prophecy as He had to identify with humanity even though He had no sin. This was the beginning of Christ ministry as the Holy Spirit fell down on Him that day as God gave Him full power and authority here on earth and there after Jesus went about teaching the disciples as it was not Jesus who the Pharisees heard that He baptized more than John did, John 4:1-3 but His disciples baptizing others in water for remission of sin after the death of John the Baptist as all together they would have baptized others in water for the remission of sin then John could at one time. Jesus could not baptize anyone in the Holy Spirit until the day of Pentecost after He ascended up to the Father and the Father sent down the indwelling Holy Spirit, Acts 2.

Acts 2:14-41 At the end of Peter's sermon at Pentecost men asked Peter "what shall we do"? Peter told them "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus first spoke this to Nicodemus in John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 never mentions the word baptize, but says only by being born of water and spirit, which means water as living water, word of God, that no one can enter into the kingdom of God unless they are Spiritually renewed (born again) by the hearing of the word, which is Christ Jesus and by the Holy Spirit that came on them in the OT and indwells us in the NT. Many do read into the passage a preconceived idea or theology, but baptism is never mentioned in this verse. God's word is living water as described in John 4:4-26; 7:37-39; 12:44-50; Ephesians 5:26; 1 John 5:5-8; Jeremiah 17:13; Zechariah 14:8, 9; Rev 21:6-8; Ezekiel 47:22.

John's baptism was literal, but yet symbolic for cleansing after one repented of their sin. Notice in Mark 1:8 I have baptized you with (actual) water, but he (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit. (Not water, but baptize you with the Holy Spirit after you have repented and made clean again through the washing of the word as you become a new creation in Christ.

We are indwelled with the Holy Spirit at the time of our salvation, but many do not know this as they have never been taught the Baptism of Christ for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Quickly , tell me what on earth is carm . I have never heard of that .
Explain fast their teachings . IF they false i will quickly help to expose them .
What on earth is carm .
Go to CARM.org it's suppose to be a Christian ministry website. I've never taken the time to take a look around in there so I know nothing about what they teach.

Wonderful wise words from brother.
Continue with your exhortations dear loved brother.
The glorious Lord be praised.
Yes , let us continue to always point to Christ and embrace all that he did teach
and say and later the apostels , by the Spirit , would write to the churches .
Truth is truly wonderful to the soul of lamb . Its why i always remind
to stay planted in that bible as well . Now , let all that has breath
praise the glorious Lord .

They basically teach that John Wimber (the only leader that I truly had and have respect for) was a false you-name-it!
These people are accountable to no one...yet!
Self-appointed watchdogs for the body of Christ. Idiots, if you ask me!
I have never heard of him either my friend .

I'd say to all believers that you are always Spirit filled since salvation as a testimony you are a new creature in Christ that we are saved and thus new wine skins able to hold the new wine thus not a leaky vessel that you need a continual filling of the Spirit.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

That is why Jesus says after anyone comes to Him and believe In Him to be saved will never be thirsty nor hungry again in seeking to be filled.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back