Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Always Spirit-Filled Or A Leaky Vessel?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How do you preach the Good News about Jesus Christ as your Saviour unless you have been saved by Him? The fact that the Holy Spirit is in us always since salvation is proof that God has saved us at the calling of the gospel when we had first believed.
What a good question my friend . The answer is we cant if we have not been saved by HIM . I am living proof of this my friend .
I too used to be able to tell a few folks , that you must believe in JESUS
however , My lifestyle was a total contradiction to how he lived and walked .
Just as the jews of sceva had tried to cast out demons in the name of JESUS ,they
too never had truly believed nor followed him and that DIDNT bode well for them
nor would it for me had i died in that state .
I rememeber one event very clear . I was still the marine corps
and living a deadly life in sin and loving the darkness . YEt
i had found me a conversation going on between an atheist
and another so called believer as i once was .
We both told that atheist YE have to believe in Christ to be saved or you will
perish at your end in a lake of fire . WHILE that indeed was true ,
had all three of us died that night , that athiest would have had him some
company in said lake of fire . MY heart was far from Christ . I never read that bible
never prayed and i love sin big time .
I was no example to that atheist , truth is the only example i was to him
was a bad example , NO matter that i did tell him the truth .
That poor man must have thought what hyprocrites . Cause he himself
had admitted to reading the bible at one time .
Yet , yet had the majority of these churches seen me back then
and a true christain had exposed my error , they would have attacked
the true christain claiming I was saved and to judge me .
YET I was not saved and my fruits PROVED that .

2 Thessalonians 3:1-15 says we are to withdraw from them but not to treat them as the enemy, but to admonish them as brothers and sister still, because they still are, in the hopes that God will peradventure to recover some from that snare of the devil per 2 Timothy 2:24-26
We must withdraw from , and why , for two reasons
Number one you dont want their leaven to infect the flock .
Number two , in hopes they SORROW to true repentance .

What a good question my friend . The answer is we cant if we have not been saved by HIM . I am living proof of this my friend .
I too used to be able to tell a few folks , that you must believe in JESUS
however , My lifestyle was a total contradiction to how he lived and walked .
Just as the jews of sceva had tried to cast out demons in the name of JESUS ,they
too never had truly believed nor followed him and that DIDNT bode well for them
nor would it for me had i died in that state .
I rememeber one event very clear . I was still the marine corps
and living a deadly life in sin and loving the darkness . YEt
i had found me a conversation going on between an atheist
and another so called believer as i once was .
We both told that atheist YE have to believe in Christ to be saved or you will
perish at your end in a lake of fire . WHILE that indeed was true ,
had all three of us died that night , that athiest would have had him some
company in said lake of fire . MY heart was far from Christ . I never read that bible
never prayed and i love sin big time .
I was no example to that atheist , truth is the only example i was to him
was a bad example , NO matter that i did tell him the truth .
That poor man must have thought what hyprocrites . Cause he himself
had admitted to reading the bible at one time .
Yet , yet had the majority of these churches seen me back then
and a true christain had exposed my error , they would have attacked
the true christain claiming I was saved and to judge me .
YET I was not saved and my fruits PROVED that .
There is a difference between discipleship as a believer abides in Him & His words to bear fruit from a saved believer that is not following Him as His disciples, and thus not bearing fruit.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

You were in danger of corruption and in being left behind for not abiding in Him as His disciple, but not in danger of losing salvation, but becoming damned as that vessel unto dishonor in His House.

Those left behind will die, and their spirits will be with the Lord in Heaven ( see verse 15 in 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 & Revelation 2:18-25 ) "under that altar" awaiting for their resurrection after the great tribulation. Revelation 6:9-11 & Revelation 7:9-17 & Revelation 20:1-6

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

So those left behind to die will be with the Lord for failing to labor with His help to be accepted by Him when sowing to the works of the flesh in reaping corruption and defiling the temple of God rather than looking to Him daily to help them lay side every weight & sin in running that race as a saved believer.

Why are there vessels unto dishonor, vessels of wood & earth, in His House of unrepentant carnal believers and former believers for why they are called to depart from iniquity? So that by departing from iniquity with His help, they can be received by the Bridegroom as vessels unto honor in His House. BUT by not departing, is why they get left behind in becoming vessels unto dishonor in His House to be resurrected after the great tribulation to serve the King of kings on earth.

The truth that they become forever vessels of wood & earth in His House is because they are still a testimony about the power of God in salvation for those who believe in Him, even in His name. That foundation laid by Jesus Christ & that seal of adoption is not going anywhere, but God will have to wipe the tears from their eyes to get past that loss of that inheritance of the eternal glory that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus and that was to be received by the Bridegroom as that vessel unto honor in His House to attend the Marriage Supper in heaven in sincerity & in truth at the rapture event.

So you are saved but now you are abiding in Him as His disciples in bearing fruit in looking to Jesus as the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily ( Hebrews 12:1-2 ) as we labor with our confidence in Him to finish, resting in Him that we are saved so we can tell others Jesus is our Savior while running that race for the high prize of our calling in Christ Jesus to be received/accepted by Him as that vessel unto honor in His House 2 Timothy 4:18

I would love to get involved, but to do so would be difficult.

I feel like I would be fighting a large commentary of written work that is not flexible.
I kind of feel like asking a JLB type question.
(What is the statement of faith behind this thread?)
Or
(What belief is foremost in importance?)

Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry CARM
CARM has been mentioned. CARM may meet a great need in some people. IMHO Pretty rigid with tons of books to read when a subject comes up. Not something my Mississippi redneck mind totally understands.

I have read comments by some that I agree with. Others are 95% correct and a war about 5% would not be worth taking on.

I do not wish to go to war to achieve peace.

I need a spirit of prayer and understanding.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

There is a difference between discipleship as a believer abides in Him & His words to bear fruit from a saved believer that is not following Him as His disciples, and thus not bearing fruit.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

You were in danger of corruption and in being left behind for not abiding in Him as His disciple, but not in danger of losing salvation, but becoming damned as that vessel unto dishonor in His House.

Those left behind will die, and their spirits will be with the Lord in Heaven ( see verse 15 in 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 & Revelation 2:18-25 ) "under that altar" awaiting for their resurrection after the great tribulation. Revelation 6:9-11 & Revelation 7:9-17 & Revelation 20:1-6

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

So those left behind to die will be with the Lord for failing to labor with His help to be accepted by Him when sowing to the works of the flesh in reaping corruption and defiling the temple of God rather than looking to Him daily to help them lay side every weight & sin in running that race as a saved believer.

Why are there vessels unto dishonor, vessels of wood & earth, in His House of unrepentant carnal believers and former believers for why they are called to depart from iniquity? So that by departing from iniquity with His help, they can be received by the Bridegroom as vessels unto honor in His House. BUT by not departing, is why they get left behind in becoming vessels unto dishonor in His House to be resurrected after the great tribulation to serve the King of kings on earth.

The truth that they become forever vessels of wood & earth in His House is because they are still a testimony about the power of God in salvation for those who believe in Him, even in His name. That foundation laid by Jesus Christ & that seal of adoption is not going anywhere, but God will have to wipe the tears from their eyes to get past that loss of that inheritance of the eternal glory that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus and that was to be received by the Bridegroom as that vessel unto honor in His House to attend the Marriage Supper in heaven in sincerity & in truth at the rapture event.

So you are saved but now you are abiding in Him as His disciples in bearing fruit in looking to Jesus as the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily ( Hebrews 12:1-2 ) as we labor with our confidence in Him to finish, resting in Him that we are saved so we can tell others Jesus is our Savior while running that race for the high prize of our calling in Christ Jesus to be received/accepted by Him as that vessel unto honor in His House 2 Timothy 4:18
Read your first line again , cause i saw grave danger in it .
How come my fruits were changed when even i first was drawn to JESUS .
The fruits are seen . you speak of knowledge .
Knowlege , understanding , maturity , that comes in time .
But the fruits they come INSTANT . My whole life and direction
was changed IN an instant . The fruits are evident at the rebirth .
Its knowlege , wisdom , understanding that we grow in over time .

Though you probably already know this ,out of great love
i will remind you and all others here as well that joyce meyers
is no one to be followed . She is a grave danger to the body of Christ .
I say this out of great love for all the lambs .
We need not be a follower of any man or woman, but followers of Christ rightly dividing His word in knowing what others are teaching is truth or error as it is only the Holy Spirit that can teach us all truths. This is why 1 John 4:1-6 is so important that we do not allow ourselves to be deceived.

We need to be praying for others like Joyce Meyers who once started out being called of God, but went astray.

We need not be a follower of any man or woman, but followers of Christ rightly dividing His word in knowing what others are teaching is truth or error as it is only the Holy Spirit that can teach us all truths. This is why 1 John 4:1-6 is so important that we do not allow ourselves to be deceived.

We need to be praying for others like Joyce Meyers who once started out being called of God, but went astray.
i agree with you about praying for joyce meyers .
Just as folks ought to pray for folks . But to identify them as false is not wrong .
Consider what i write next . let us go back
to the days of the early church .
Would it have been wrong for the church to have prayed for Jezebel who
had taught the people evil . No . BUT look at where GOD also rebuked them .
THEY didnt warn against her , they allowed the people to be decieved by her .
IT is also not wrong to warn agaisnt such folks . Joyce meyers is deadly dangerous .
I do pray she repents , but till she does , she gets warned against on my watch .
You are dearly loved my friend . I hope that helps .

i agree with you about praying for joyce meyers .
Just as folks ought to pray for folks . But to identify them as false is not wrong .
Consider what i write next . let us go back
to the days of the early church .
Would it have been wrong for the church to have prayed for Jezebel who
had taught the people evil . No . BUT look at where GOD also rebuked them .
THEY didnt warn against her , they allowed the people to be decieved by her .
IT is also not wrong to warn agaisnt such folks . Joyce meyers is deadly dangerous .
I do pray she repents , but till she does , she gets warned against on my watch .
You are dearly loved my friend . I hope that helps .
Sound it out brother.
Praise the Lord.

So in Acts 8, the mindset of the public's high regards of Simon shifted from Simon to Philip and were not really paying attention to Philip's preaching to be coming to & believing in Jesus Christ at the calling of the gospel.
I see nothing in Acts 8 that would lead me to believe the people were not paying attention to Phillip's preaching . Lets look at what is said in Acts 8 .

Verse 6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

The people paying attention to Phillip's preaching with one accord gave heed !

Verse 7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

All of this is going on and the people are not paying attention to Philip's preaching ? Even the unclean spirits were paying attention to Philip's preaching !

Verse 8 And there was great joy in that city.

There was great joy in that city because they had payed attention to Philip's peaching and heeded his words !

Verse 12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

So what was Philip preaching that you say they were not paying attention to ? Philip was preaching the Gospel to them ! God's word does NOT come back void .

Verse 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

So just how much was Philip being used of God ? Philip's preaching was so anointed that even Simon the chief sinner among them heeded the words that Philip preached !

Golgotha If you still think " the people were really not paying attention the Philip's preaching " , it is going to be a mystery to me that I am not going to solve .

Last edited:
So obviously Jesus wants us to judge in correcting one another, just as long we are not being hypocritical about it if we are presently doing the same thing. Repent first and then you are able to correct others without hypocrisy.
Therein is the problem.
What sinner would not be hypocritical judging another sinner?

How do you preach the Good News about Jesus Christ as your Saviour unless you have been saved by Him? The fact that the Holy Spirit is in us always since salvation is proof that God has saved us at the calling of the gospel when we had first believed.

What we build on that foundation will be judged by Him per 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 but that foundation remains as our salvation does even for those unrepentant carnal saints & former believers that gets left behind for not being ready when the Bridegroom comes. That seal of adoption is not going anywhere ( Ephesians 4:30 ) as those left behind will be resurrected after the great tribulation for He shall lose none, ( John 6:37-40, but which day will a believer find himself raised up in? Are we ready? Luke 12:40-49
My salvation won't be assured until I hear that my name is still in the book of life at the final judgement all men will endure.
Then I will say "I am saved".
Right now, I am converted from a lover of sin to a lover of God and neighbor.
BTW, there is no such thing a carnal unrepentant saint.

Clears throat!

This is the testimony we all are supposed to share and not testify of another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues nor another drink of the One Spirit for that goes against the testimony of John 6:35 & Matthew 9:17 & this below.

Acts 1:8 says
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:

The above means that Holy Ghost is "power" which is different from *salvation*

When power comes upon you, you will speak in new tongues.

And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; Mark 16:17

Finally, let me say this: "anyone asking for in filling of the Holy Spirit is aware of himself based on personal experience and God understands their request"

Please read acts 2:16-17

I would love to get involved, but to do so would be difficult.

I feel like I would be fighting a large commentary of written work that is not flexible.
I kind of feel like asking a JLB type question.
(What is the statement of faith behind this thread?)
Or
(What belief is foremost in importance?)

Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry CARM
CARM has been mentioned. CARM may meet a great need in some people. IMHO Pretty rigid with tons of books to read when a subject comes up. Not something my Mississippi redneck mind totally understands.

I have read comments by some that I agree with. Others are 95% correct and a war about 5% would not be worth taking on.

I do not wish to go to war to achieve peace.

I need a spirit of prayer and understanding.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
One could consider that those who preach experiencing that supernatural and yet continual filling of the "Holy Spirit" in that single believer's life may cause doubts in other believers about whether or not they are saved for simply believing in Him.

I would share these scripture below as battling those doubts those other wayward believers are unwittingly are sowing towards for preaching a continual filling of the Spirit.

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The good fight is keeping the faith.

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

2 Timothy 4:1
I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

There is a "war" but done in Christ's love to recover any astray from the snare of the devil... even for ourselves when we trust him as our Good Shepherd to do this.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Discipleship means those who follow the doctrines of Christ through Gods word and Servitude means to wait on or serve. It often denotes people who dedicate themselves voluntarily to the service of another. The servants of God are devoted to his service as all of us are the vessel that God works through as we bring glory to His name.

If we are not bearing fruit of the Spirit or not keeping in step with God's Holy Spirit, Galatians 5:16-26, then we are none of Christ own as Romans 8:1-17 speaks about the life in the Spirit and being heirs with Christ. Take note of the last part of vs. 9 Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety and fear of the Lord, I believe fear means respect for God, Isaiah 11:1-2, Rev 1:4. These gifts of the Holy Spirit are for the Church (true body of Christ) in order for us to bear much fruit as we are led by the Holy Spirit in all things that pertain to the ministry of Christ here on earth that He has instructed us to walk in.

Many only give lip service to the Lord, but truly do not have His Spirit dwelling in them. Going to church every Sunday does not make you a Christian anymore than standing in your garage makes you a car.

Read your first line again , cause i saw grave danger in it .
How come my fruits were changed when even i first was drawn to JESUS .
The fruits are seen . you speak of knowledge .
Knowlege , understanding , maturity , that comes in time .
But the fruits they come INSTANT . My whole life and direction
was changed IN an instant . The fruits are evident at the rebirth .
Its knowlege , wisdom , understanding that we grow in over time .
John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

This testify that in our walk in the Lord and in our growth with Him, He will prune even the fruitful branch so they can bear more fruit.

It is when one refuses to be pruned is when one finds themselves as not abiding in Him nor His words as His disciples then to be fruitful and to have their joy full.

That is not to say that the Lord will not lead him to repentance later on, in being able to receive that correction and thus that pruning, but even left behind, the confidence we have in Him for finishing His work that He has begun in us, also has to be applied to those that gets left behind. He will remove off of that foundation all things that offend so they can be partakers of His holiness albeit left behind.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

This testify that in our walk in the Lord and in our growth with Him, He will prune even the fruitful branch so they can bear more fruit.

It is when one refuses to be pruned is when one finds themselves as not abiding in Him nor His words as His disciples then to be fruitful and to have their joy full.

That is not to say that the Lord will not lead him to repentance later on, in being able to receive that correction and thus that pruning, but even left behind, the confidence we have in Him for finishing His work that He has begun in us, also has to be applied to those that gets left behind. He will remove off of that foundation all things that offend so they can be partakers of His holiness albeit left behind.
So lets keep it real simple as paul did to the romans .
Remember how paul said if they continue not in unbelief that they can be grafted back in . WELL paul also warned the Chruch who already beleived
they had to continue in his goodness otherwise they too would be cast out .
If one is not in the tree but cast out they are not saved . As we see even with those
who believed not were cast out , but could be grafted back in if they too
returned . its not sin nor evil , nor a lack of trusting in JESUS
to warn and remind the church that it too had better remain the goodness of GOD
or it will be cast out . yet OSAS teaches that it is evil and lack of trust in Christ
to say such a thing . We better make sure we follow CHRIST and not men .
Do be encouraged .

Discipleship means those who follow the doctrines of Christ through Gods word and Servitude means to wait on or serve. It often denotes people who dedicate themselves voluntarily to the service of another. The servants of God are devoted to his service as all of us are the vessel that God works through as we bring glory to His name.

If we are not bearing fruit of the Spirit or not keeping in step with God's Holy Spirit, Galatians 5:16-26, then we are none of Christ own as Romans 8:1-17 speaks about the life in the Spirit and being heirs with Christ. Take note of the last part of vs. 9 Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety and fear of the Lord, I believe fear means respect for God, Isaiah 11:1-2, Rev 1:4. These gifts of the Holy Spirit are for the Church (true body of Christ) in order for us to bear much fruit as we are led by the Holy Spirit in all things that pertain to the ministry of Christ here on earth that He has instructed us to walk in.

Many only give lip service to the Lord, but truly do not have His Spirit dwelling in them. Going to church every Sunday does not make you a Christian anymore than standing in your garage makes you a car.
Sometimes a believer cannot serve Him in the capacity that one may think of as serving Him that involves as in the ministry, but there is another way of serving Him.

Romans 12:1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Then there is this;

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled

I did note that the stripes on His "servants" for not being ready was due to the measure of knowledge they had and those who did not have the knowledge to be ready got lesser stripes, but they were still called His servants. So I see Romans 12:1-2 as how each of His servants will be judged in according to what they built on that foundation as in what they have sown towards; the works of the flesh or the fruits of the Spirit.

Our abiding in Him by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily is a reasonable service as unto the Lord.

So lets keep it real simple as paul did to the romans .
Remember how paul said if they continue not in unbelief that they can be grafted back in . WELL paul also warned the Chruch who already beleived
they had to continue in his goodness otherwise they too would be cast out .
If one is not in the tree but cast out they are not saved . As we see even with those
who believed not were cast out , but could be grafted back in if they too
returned . its not sin nor evil , nor a lack of trusting in JESUS
to warn and remind the church that it too had better remain the goodness of GOD
or it will be cast out . yet OSAS teaches that it is evil and lack of trust in Christ
to say such a thing . We better make sure we follow CHRIST and not men .
Do be encouraged .
One should ascertain what they were being cast out into. I'd say that event happens at the rapture for why non-abiding believers will be cut off and left behind.

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled

I did note that the stripes on His "servants" for not being ready was due to the measure of knowledge they had and those who did not have the knowledge to be ready got lesser stripes, but they were still called His servants. So I see Romans 12:1-2 as how each of His servants will be judged in according to what they built on that foundation as in what they have sown towards; the works of the flesh or the fruits of the Spirit.

Sometimes a believer cannot serve Him in the capacity that one may think of as serving Him that involves as in the ministry, but there is another way of serving Him.

Romans 12:1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Not every believer sees this as a reasonable service for abiding in Him but it is the truth that those who do not know and get left behind are still saved because they are still His servants for why they are getting stripes for not being ready. Because when they get resurrected after the great tribulation, those eternal stripes will prevent them from sinning again in serving the King of kings on earth in raising up the generations coming for the duration of the 1000 year reign.

Those who are left behind in not abiding in Christ were never His own to begin with for they were never Spiritually born again, nor indwelled with the Holy Spirit. They will not be resurrected to eternal life, but will find themselves damned being cast into the lake of fire when Christ returns on the last day.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

It is only those who remain in Christ at His coming and have endured unto the end are those who Christ will raise up on the last day as then they will be with the Lord forever.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Therein is the problem.
What sinner would not be hypocritical judging another sinner?
Oh I am sure sinners can be like that for everyday rules of life like common courtesy, the golden rule, and all that.

But Jesus is talking to believers and so they can be just as hypocritical when correcting others while they yet continue to do the same thing.

Like a Christian employer telling his Christian employees not to steal but he goes on defrauding his employees of their rightful pay.

James touched on that in James 5:1-6 while he offers comfort and assurances to those defrauded in James 5:7-11

That is not to say there can be no such thing as a rich Christian when there is but they are instructed not to set their hearts on their riches but trust in the living God .

1 timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Of course if some rich Christian was defrauding the employees or anyone and thinking his charity will make up for it, he will be disappointed.

1 Thessalonians 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

I digress. God will deal with saved believers that sins like a Father. Hebrews 12:1-11

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back