Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

an Old Testiment Question

I would study Deuteronomy next because it is a Covenant renewal document whereby using the form of a Suzerainty Treaty (Remember that Moses was trained and educated to become Pharaoh of some sort) so his familiarity with the provisions of that sort of a document is an asset.

Two books I would recommend reading as a corollary are Treaty of the great King;: The covenant structure of Deuteronomy: studies and commentary, by Merideth Kline HERE
and Deuteronomy: The Gospel of Love by Samuel J Schultz HERE
The first is from a Reformed perspective, and the latter is from a Dispensational perspective. Regardless of which book you read to supplement your study, reading Deuteronomy with the understanding that it is a treaty between God in heaven, and the believer, and thus a very strong case for how God takes care of the believer.

Thank you so much for the information on books to study. I will take your advise and study Deuteronomy. One of the things I have learned from accepting the gifts of the Holy Spirit in 1 Cor. 12, is looking for advise from other believers like, Wisdom & knowledge. So again, I receive your post about Deut.

I hope you Old Testament students would let me know if you can think of other reasons for their rebellion. Thank you so much.

A disproportionate percentage of their history was spent under the influence or within the captivity of heathen nations that forced the children of Israel to witness and/or participate in ungodly ways.

A disproportionate percentage of their history was spent under the influence or within the captivity of heathen nations that forced the children of Israel to witness and/or participate in ungodly ways.

This is true my Friend, so much of outside customs, idol worship, foriegn wives, all must have taken its toll on their own ways. Thank you for your post, I had not thought of that, makes sense.

Back