Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

an Old Testiment Question

What I ride is a wannabe.

Now what sort of an example are you as a moderator setting by letting this derail continue?

Oh what fun we have here!
:lol2

Oh my goodness, this thread is so old, I forgot where I was. At 73, I'm allowed to be a jerk. OK, O.T. saints didn't have Harley's so that was there problem.

You are right, we do have a blast!:lol I'm glad you said something before Reba caught on, she would have:chairor :pokeme. Or worse,:angry3

I think that a real good Forum should have a lite side now and then. The Admin. has a lot of grief to put up with and sometimes a good laugh can help....I love you guy's very much. :hug

Chopper you talking about Israel or the Church?

Everything recorded about them leads to the Cross of Christ.

Sorry i for got the topic was Harleys :topic :rofl2

Well, Reba, Chopper specifically raise an Old Testament question. There is an OT answer. The OT specifically favors foreign bikes. "Davids Triumph was heard throughout the land." Harley's never even get a mention.

Reba, I have an O.T. guestion for you. I have studied the Old Testament many many times over the years. Right now I can't decide what O.T. book to study next. Each morning I study one O.T. Chapter and one Chapter in the N.T. What is your favorite book in the O.T.? That will be my next study.

I've checked, and Harley wasn't a son of David.:hips
Still, at least we know Solomon rode mules, if not hogs. He sure had plenty of stable space.

I dont have one Chopper it can depend on mood and where my mind is....

WIP posted a neat passage... open for tons of study

Added:
O good i did it right, from memory... i just learned how to post links ... with out posting the link, what ever ya call that...

@stinthesis :biggrin2

Reba, I have an O.T. guestion for you. I have studied the Old Testament many many times over the years. Right now I can't decide what O.T. book to study next. Each morning I study one O.T. Chapter and one Chapter in the N.T. What is your favorite book in the O.T.? That will be my next study.
I would study Deuteronomy next because it is a Covenant renewal document whereby using the form of a Suzerainty Treaty (Remember that Moses was trained and educated to become Pharaoh of some sort) so his familiarity with the provisions of that sort of a document is an asset.

Two books I would recommend reading as a corollary are Treaty of the great King;: The covenant structure of Deuteronomy: studies and commentary, by Merideth Kline HERE
and Deuteronomy: The Gospel of Love by Samuel J Schultz HERE
The first is from a Reformed perspective, and the latter is from a Dispensational perspective. Regardless of which book you read to supplement your study, reading Deuteronomy with the understanding that it is a treaty between God in heaven, and the believer, and thus a very strong case for how God takes care of the believer.

deuteromony is a recourse of the events that happened from exodus to present and moses death. I need to dig way more into the torah. stop being cheap and just tell my wife to buy rambans books on the torah and read them for myself fully.

The biggest of their rebellions was their idolatry. This is probably their biggest failure, motivated by the sin of all sins, 'pride'.

Here is the crux of the matter. Idolatry, which means lifting up anything above Jesus. A 99% Christian which is holding on to one thing is guilty of idolatry. Pride will make men think that oh that is harmless, I can handle that.

Men have to believe the Gospel Message to be saved.
JLB

Such a short succinct statement...with such depth to it. Meditate on this brothers and sisters. Belief is choosing to believe the Word of God and all that is therein. All. First we believe (by choice) and after that understanding comes. Most have it backwards and want to understand first, and give all sorts of rationalizations to justify it. There is a way which seems right unto man, and it all leads to death. There is a lot more to believe in scripture than just if Christ died on the cross.

Biblical days were much different than today. They did not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to guide them, only a select few walked in the Spirit. On the other hand, they took for granted many things that we have a hard time with. The existence of the Spiritual realm for one. When Mary went to the tomb and did not find Jesus there...she saw two angels inside. Was she like, oh my gosh, Angels!! No, she was like "Where's Jesus?"

Times were a lot different. In many ways, they had more belief than we do nowadays. Start believing what you read and do not lean upon your own understanding.

Back