Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Angels Do Not Have Sex

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok guys is is open now... Sorry Lewis W your topics are always so mild and with out controversy :bricks

Last edited:
Scriptural Proof that Angels and Mankind Cannot Marry

There were NO extraterrestrial relations, and 1st Corinthians 15:39,40 proves it...

"All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

This Scripture passage plainly states that men are men, animals are animals, fish are fish, birds are birds, and angels are angels. There is not one Scriptural reference which would even remotely lead us to believe that angels and humans ever had sex. Jesus plainly stated in Mark 12:25 concerning the departed saints... "For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven." I think this Scripture verse is self-explanatory. Carefully notice that Genesis 6:2 states... "and they took them wives of all which they chose." Mark 12:25 says that angels cannot marry; but Genesis 6:2 says that the sons of God married the daughters of men. Clearly there would be a serious contradiction in the Scriptures here IF the sons of God were angels.

The idea that angels had sexual relations with earthly women is preposterous. As one can imagine, such speculation in the Scriptures provides ample opportunity for the heathen world to exploit the Scriptures. Countless books, movies, documentaries, and false religions have exploited such misinterpretations of Genesis 6:1-6. One such exploit is the alleged lost Biblical BOOK OF ENOCH, which teaches that fallen angels had physical intimacy with earthly women that produced offspring 450-feet tall? I don't think so! Without a doubt, the primary claim of the Book of Enoch is that fallen angels had sex with human women and produced 450-feet tall giants upon the earth. This teaching is ridiculous, unscriptural, and has no solid evidence to support it (Biblically or scientifically). This is another good reason why the Book of Enoch should continue to be rejected. It is nonsense.

Further Evidences that Angels and Women DIDN'T Marry

If, as some theologians believe (including the mighty Bible teacher Dr. M.R. DeHaan), angels did have sex with earthly women, then why has it not occurred since Genesis 6:1-6? The Scriptures are not silent on this matter, as we have read in Mark 12:25, for "they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven." The demonic succubus (a female demon) and the incubus (a male demon) are believed by Satanists to have sex with sleeping humans. Of course, this is not a Scriptural teaching. Angels cannot marry, nor be given in marriage.

Also, why didn't God mention any punishment for the angels in Genesis? Genesis 6:7 states... "And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them." "Angels" are NOT mentioned. Surely God would have been very angry with a group of angels that defiled his creation, bringing it to ruin.

In addition, the entire suggestion that God allowed angels, which would have possessed FULL knowledge of divine realities, to tempt mankind is against the plainest teachings of the Scriptures. 1st Corinthians 10:13 states... "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." It would have been extremely UNCOMMON for women to be tempted by angels into marriage, not to mention the fact that the temptation would have been ABOVE THAT YE ARE ABLE.

We do know that there were giants in the Old Testament, as Goliath himself was 9' 6" tall (1st Samuel 17:4); however, as mentioned earlier, Genesis 6:1-6 fails to state directly that the "giants" of those days were the offspring monsters of bizarre extraterrestrial marriages. Carefully notice Genesis 6:4 again... "There were giants in the earth in those days; and ALSO AFTER THAT, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." "Also" means in addition to. "After that" means later. Clearly, even from reading the Bible at a childlike level, it is obvious that the "giants" were not the same people as the "mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

In this verse from 2 Peter 2, the angels that were cast down to hell and delivered to chains in the days of Noah, what was their sin?

4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;
2 Peter 2:4-5

JLB

My mistake I meant to say bloodline. And if you think that they have reproductive organs' you really need to look in the book further.

I didn't say they had sexual organs. I just pointed out that the Bible is silent on the subject. There is nothing in Scripture to tell us either way. It's similar to the question of Adam's belly button. The Bible doesn't say anything about it, but that hasn't kept people from arguing about it for thousands of years.

The TOG​

Lewis:..Brother what did Jesus say' Angels don't marry, plain and simple. Don't you know that when you have sex with a woman or vice versa' that you marry them because you become one flesh. It is marriage without the ceremony, angels do not marry.

You know Lewis, I had a thought this morning while reading this thread. You're talking scripture here and that is always good, however, you are taking a portion of the verse and building on it. In fairness to the text, let us take a look at the entire verse and see what we see, shall we? Thanks brother. :)

Matthew 22: 30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in Heaven. (KJV)

As soon as I read it, it jumped out at me. "but are as the Angels of God in Heaven."

Don't you think that's significant Lewis? The fallen Angels were not in Heaven anymore. They also were not angels of God anymore either. There is no text mentioning gender, only God and location, in heaven. Think back to thatRomans 7 that you posted. I read that too and thought about what it says about marriage. Marriage is an honorable covenant, based upon law and honor.

Are we to think that there is no law in heaven, or honor? You bet there is, for Lucifer and some Angels broke the law and were kicked out. Divorced by God? If you were to divorce your wife, would she still be bound to faithfulness to you?! Of course not brother. If being "of God", and "in Heaven", had no significance then there would seem to be some superfluous text in the verse. If it was strictly a do not have the equipment to have sex issue, then I believe that the text would say so, or at the very least, would read "but are as the Angels. (period.)

Personally, I have a hard time fathoming that God put superfluous text within His word. "of God in Heaven" means something brother. Ponder that brother.

Ed come here buddy' yeah you Ed. Lean down here let me whisper in your ear. Why in the name of the father' would God give angels sex organs ? Would you please tell me' I just have to know.

Ed come here buddy' yeah you Ed. Lean down here let me whisper in your ear. Why in the name of the father' would God give angels sex organs ? Would you please tell me' I just have to know.

Brother, I don't have all the answers. i am just like you, searching. :)

Perhaps to go to the bathroom with? We do know that angels can eat and drink for scripture does tell us so. Scripture also speaks of eating in heaven. Is there plumbing in heaven? Are spiritual bodies 100% efficient and need no plumbing? We don't know yet, lol.

We do know that scripture speaks of honor and obeying. We do know that God wants us to worship and glorify Him of our own free will. It's all throughout. I don't think God wants robots. I think he wants loved. If Angels had sexual organs and yet did honor God and the relationship in that state, wouldn't it mean more than if they had not the capability to do otherwise? If they didn't, then it would be sort of a robotic thing which would probably detract from the honor of the love? Yes?

I do think that the answers which we seek should be gleaned from scripture alone and not some well edumacated mans opinion.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:/(KJV)

Please brother? :)

Brother, I don't have all the answers. i am just like you, searching. :)

Perhaps to go to the bathroom with? We do know that angels can eat and drink for scripture does tell us so. Scripture also speaks of eating in heaven. Is there plumbing in heaven? Are spiritual bodies 100% efficient and need no plumbing? We don't know yet, lol.

Like when God fed people with Moses Angel's food. Also, maybe in Revelation there is a similar happening.

Like when God fed people with Moses Angel's food. Also, maybe in Revelation there is a similar happening.

Exactly. Personally, I think that end times believers will receive some of the same heavenly food for sustenance, as well as translation by faith for transportation and escape from the beast to do Gods will. I believe this for two reasons. One, these things are spoken of in scripture as having been done by God for His people, and secondly...the scriptures speak more about the end times than of any other time period ever on earth.

If one tortures the text enough, he can make it confess to anything he wants, lol. This guy made two big mistakes real quick. During his narrative of the lineages back to Adam, he failed to mention or realize that Adam was not a son of man, but a direct creation of God. Adams posterity were all sons of man. pretty basic. Where was his definition/word study of "sons of God" (bene ha eloim)?

Secondly, men were not commanded to not take wives from the certain lineges until later in the bible, but he neatly applies it to the Genesis account. Thirdly, he fails to realize that the genesis 6:4 verse is a single sentence. See the comma in there, lol. Do you commonly totally switch subjects within the middle of a sentence? His premise and line of reasoning is absolutely flawed. His opinion, and he is certainly entitled to believe what he wants, but it fails to stand up to academic or grammatical scrutiny. Got anything else brother? :)

6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude:6-7

These angels left their domain and manifested themselves in our domain and went after strange flesh.

How much more plain do you need it.

We have seen where angels eat food as men.

Please answer the question I asked you.

How did the sons of God survive the flood, unaffected if they were just men.

How does a son of Adam begat a son of God?

JLB

If one tortures the text enough, he can make it confess to anything he wants, lol. This guy made two big mistakes real quick. During his narrative of the lineages back to Adam, he failed to mention or realize that Adam was not a son of man, but a direct creation of God. Adams posterity were all sons of man. pretty basic. Where was his definition/word study of "sons of God" (bene ha eloim)?

Secondly, men were not commanded to not take wives from the certain lineges until later in the bible, but he neatly applies it to the Genesis account. Thirdly, he fails to realize that the genesis 6:4 verse is a single sentence. See the comma in there, lol. Do you commonly totally switch subjects within the middle of a sentence? His premise and line of reasoning is absolutely flawed. His opinion, and he is certainly entitled to believe what he wants, but it fails to stand up to academic or grammatical scrutiny. Got anything else brother? :)

Ask him how the sons of God survived the flood?

Maybe he will answer you. :poke

JLB

WOW!! Lewis, you are right, of course but I have been trying to explain this truth to folks for better than fifteen years now and people insist on making it personal and as soon as it goes there we must be careful not to follow them there. The mods here can tell you I have that problem.. big time.

But if we read the Bible as one book, dictated or written by Jesus, it is quite clear that the angels do not nor can they manifest themselves, they are not equal with God, just as we are not equal we God even though we are created in the image of God. Satan, formerly, the greatest and the most powerful? of all angels had to have the permission of God to afflict Job.

The, single, most important rule of hermeneutics for men to learn is that no scripture, group of scriptures nor any composite of scriptures can ever be understood without the light of every other scripture shining on it. Trashing this rule I can prove murder is a thing God wants of us to do. There is the scripture where the fleeing man is murdered by the woman pretending to hide him.

You see, when you ignore the fact that he had lost a battle because the people of God has risen up against him and had defeated his army resulting in him trying to escape, murder is okay. But if we read the scripture before he hid in her tent we learn that she was defending her nation and that this cad needed to be removed from the face of the earth, shedding an entirely different light on the subject.

This issue of angels cohabitating with humans is only questioned because of one verse in Genesis, ignoring the light of all other scripture. We must learn from the whole of scripture and when we endeavor to study the scripture with the guidance of and in submission to the Holy Spirit we learn not just the written but we also learn what is there, hidden to men with out the guidance of the Holy Spirit, between the lines. There are principals and characteristics of our Jesus and His Father taught there that just cry to the Spirit led man in protest to the very thought of angels having sex with anyone.

The first ignored principal and a characteristic of the Master is His foreknowledge. God knew everything that would that has ever taken place before the Earth and mankind was ever created. Then we know that God has no part with evil. Evil violates love, completely, and God is love. From the Genesis we find that God created the Time/Space Continuum for man to exist in and for Him to have done this for us, there must be differences in Him and His dwelling from what He has created for us... even though we are created in His image, we cannot create new worlds.

I stand with brother but we are few... imagine that!

Ask him how the sons of God survived the flood?

Maybe he will answer you. :poke

JLB

True that. If the Sons of God were only men, then how did they survive the flood. Of course no answer will be given by detractors on this because they could not have or the bible is lying.

See that's the thing about this touchy subject. People who refuse to consider the reality of the text offer no scriptural alternative. They get hurt feelings because the idea attacks their sensibilities of what they learned in Sunday School where they do not teach this far out stuff. And why would they teach it? The establishment would and do go to any lengths to conceal the real truths about God, us, and the earth. Usually these same folks will have no problem believing almost anything else though, like aliens.

How can one believe in God and the inerrant Word of God, and believe in aliens? Mankind and the Earth is all about God and evil. So where do aliens fit into the picture of Gods plan? I'll tell you where, they're demonic and concocting a lie that will deceive many. I can't seem to find the scriptures where God spoke of aliens that would come down and play with mankinds reproductive systems, and how that so-called truth of aliens fit into Gods plan.

That's all we've ever heard about aliens is that they are very interested in reproduction. That's kind of big, don't'cha think? It seems to me that God would not leave such a big thing out of scripture, and he didn't. There were giants in the earth in those days, but there isn't nowadays even though scripture says there were. Huh. So where are they now?

In disguise as aliens. If there were giants walking around the earth in todays world, oh, people would believe then, and be turning to God by the multitudes! They don't want that so have to lie. Let's play with biologics and all don cute anemic lookin alien costumes which will not scare people and we can also further the evolution lie and turn multitudes away from God. A simple plan if you think about it.

Come on you guys, even a feeble flesh mind can comprehend this stuff. It's amusing to me how it's always said somewhere by someone in these threads, that we build on a single scripture in Genesis this so called fairy tale, and in fact it is not. Brother JLB very kindly pointed you to multiple other scriptures which support and point towards the same conclusion. You say that scripture must be viwed in it's entirety, and you are certainly correct about that! That we have done.

In denying the (theory we'll call it), you'll get emotional and take mild stabs while attempting to maintain a righteous stance and as men with intelligence, yet offer nothing academic to counter the argument and nothing scriptural? Come now brothers and sisters, please don't go to that level. Those scriptures that were given for consideration are not written by JLB or myself! Meet us in brotherly love and with intelligence brothers and keep this on an academic level for discussion. Where are your scriptures? What is your academic counter sir, Brother?

We have to maintain unity and walk in brotherly love. This can be done even if discussing sci-fi stuff! Blessings to all. :)

But if we read the Bible as one book, dictated or written by Jesus, it is quite clear that the angels do not nor can they manifest themselves,

Excuse me brother? They manifest all throughout scripture. At Sodom & Gomorrah, in Jesus tomb...lots of places. ;)

6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude:6-7

These angels left their domain and manifested themselves in our domain and went after strange flesh.

How much more plain do you need it.

We have seen where angels eat food as men.

Please answer the question I asked you.

How did the sons of God survive the flood, unaffected if they were just men.

How does a son of Adam begat a son of God?

JLB
So what does eating when God had them on a particular assignment have to do with it' does that mean that they had sex organs ?
Satan the most powerful of them had to have permission to strike Job. so the ones we are talking about here' also would have had to have permission, to have sex with women. So angels can't do anything unless God allows it or He sends them on a special assignment which would explain them eating food, because there is something in particular that He wants carried out. And also thank you brother Taylor, I see that you know the truth.

So what does eating when God had them on a particular assignment have to do with it' does that mean that they had sex organs ?
Satan the most powerful of them had to have permission to strike Job. so the ones we are talking about here' also would have had to have permission, to have sex with women. So angels can't do anything unless God allows it or He sends them on a special assignment which would explain them eating food, because there is something in particular that He wants carried out. And also thank you brother Taylor, I see that you know the truth.

I can answer that brother. :)

God had a hedge around Job. Satan knew it and that was what he was there for, to ask God to remove the hedge essentially. See Job 1:10

Job 1:10
10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land./(KJV)

So would that automatically mean that God has a hedge around everyone, and all those women? I think you have quite a big presumption there brother. Have you ever wronged anyone in your life, and accomplished it? Certainly you have, we all have. Did you need to ask Gods permission to do this? No, you just did it. But Job walked with God and obeyed him, so God put a hedge of protection around him in blessing.

:yes

True that. If the Sons of God were only men, then how did they survive the flood. Of course no answer will be given by detractors on this because they could not have or the bible is lying.

See that's the thing about this touchy subject. People who refuse to consider the reality of the text offer no scriptural alternative. They get hurt feelings because the idea attacks their sensibilities of what they learned in Sunday School where they do not teach this far out stuff. And why would they teach it? The establishment would and do go to any lengths to conceal the real truths about God, us, and the earth. Usually these same folks will have no problem believing almost anything else though, like aliens.
I know this is a debate forum but you will need to understand, I gave all my books and references on Apologetics away because among Christians, intentional stupidity will not be nor do I find any instance of it being blessed in the past and I do not need apologetics of the hyper-critical type with a Seeker. You have replied to my teaching post in a manor recognized by me a aggressive, not as teaching.

If you wish to see me disengage and leave you there with egg on your face, this will do it.

Angels Do Not Have Sex
Back around in the mid 90's I had a little debate with a preacher about Genesis 6:1-4. First of all angels don't have reproductive organs and they don't have blood' sperm has blood. and another thing' if they were good angels they could never do this sin. And bad angels would never be called the sons of God. So why is this lie still around' your guess is as good as mine. This just goes to show you about the wrong doctrine that man will teach you.
I'm curious what is the significance of your denial of this regard?

Who are the "sons of God" in Genesis 6?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back