Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Are All who call upon the Name of the LORD Jesus saved? What can disqualify a "caller"?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
My reference was to a person attending a crusade type revival that may have never even stepped inside a church before . Prayer at the altar is just fine , I have done it before more than once :) .
i am not a fan of stand repeat this prayer come forward if you meant it. took to the back and counseled . granted if they truly meant it there just as saved as next person. i use watch a ministry on t.v he is very strong ministry but he did the mass altar call i give the altar invitation. spirit has to draw

technically that is from the teaching of the second coming of Christ . certainly we dont need to jump ship but grace will sustain us
He that endures the Great Tribulation until its end will be raptured, saved.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. (Matt. 24:7-13 KJV)

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
(Rev. 14:12-16 KJV)

My question for you is , where does this leave these people that go forward and pray at these church services ? A lot of them do not understand the Bible at all other than what the man of God has told them .
Can you learn wrong and be right?
The Bible is full of people that received bad information and acted on it thinking everything would be ok.
That “man of God” and the individual has the Bible like the rest of us. Dont ever believe what any man says that wont back up everything with book chapter and verse. This highlights the importance of doing your own study. Most preachers today do not preach truth and the only way you’re going to know is look it up yourself.
When that fella says….come forward and say this prayer and you’ll be saved. The first thing out of your mouth should be where is that in the Bible. Are there people that did that very thing? Show them to me. Do an entire study of it. If they cant or wont do that then go to someone else. You are responsible for your own salvation.

.come forward and say this prayer and you’ll be saved. The first thing out of your mouth should be where is that in the Bible. Are there people that did that very thing? Show them to me. Do an entire study of it. If they cant or wont do that then go to someone else. You are responsible for your own salvation.
i am not a fan of this method however if their heart is right true sincere then they can be saved, but it can be deceiving . i have seen folks go to the altar have a good cry say they got saved but no change at all it all depends on the person whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved .it can be in a big group it can be at a gospel singing it can be on a stump in your car... ultimately its the Lord who saves regardless of method or place . we only plant the seed and then it is watered

its from the heart man believes with the mouth confession is made

that all depends you do pray the words you say are prayers if a person dont understand one can lead them and yes what to pray.... i have never said hold my hand repeat after me. the night i got saved all i said was God save me and he did
Where did anybody do that under the new covenant? Show me just ONE example of someone doing that in the book of acts. That is what that book is. It is a book of conversions, it shows us what people did to become Christian’s and what was done to spread the gospel and the church.
I am amazed at the number of people that will say….what does that matter? Haha. You really don’t care that what you are doing for salvation wasn’t done by anybody at the very beginning of the gospel. I am baffled by that line of thinking. Even Saul was blind and praying for three days but God never came in and said…get up Saul, don’t you know you are already saved. No, he sent a preacher in to tell him how to be saved. And it wasn’t….just pray some more and God will save you.

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

We have to understand what that verse means and when we read all of what Jesus said about the signs we are to watch for on those things which must come first, it will only be those who endure all these trials and tribulations before Christ returns.
Yes we have to understand what that verse means and it is not talking about some future event for us 2000 years later. If you read Matt 24 carefully you’ll see Christ was answering the question that the apostles asked about the temple. So those signs and that salvation was for those in Jerusalem at the time of the destruction that came 40 years later in 70 AD.

Where did anybody do that under the new covenant? Show me just ONE example of someone doing that in the book of acts. That is what that book is. It is a book of conversions, it shows us what people did to become Christian’s and what was done to spread the gospel and the church.
I am amazed at the number of people that will say….what does that matter? Haha. You really don’t care that what you are doing for salvation wasn’t done by anybody at the very beginning of the gospel. I am baffled by that line of thinking. Even Saul was blind and praying for three days but God never came in and said…get up Saul, don’t you know you are already saved. No, he sent a preacher in to tell him how to be saved. And it wasn’t….just pray some more and God will save you.
your straining at a gnat you dont need the preacher man to get saved . preaching comes in many fashions and forms music testimony a sign God gives the increase not man

endure is in the scripture ..but if not careful to many translate it into .. a work based salvation add conditions as if GOD is in heaven with a big hammer waiting to knock us in the head . i am more than aware of the plan of salvation romans 1:9-10 its a done deal . no begging no pleading just simply call on Jesus from a true sincere heart. man has complicated the plan of salvation, a former pastor got saved sitting on the edge of his bed . saying Lord of you will save me i will do anything you want that has been well over 5 years ..the sinners prayer is Lord save me .
Is that how Cornelius was saved? He was a praying man..

My reference was to a person attending a crusade type revival that may have never even stepped inside a church before . Prayer at the altar is just fine , I have done it before more than once :) .
What altar? wasn’t that for those under the old covenant? They built an altar and sacrificed animals. Where did they use an altar in the NT? Im just saying…too many people just make stuff up and nobody seems to care. When can you go too far in making things up? At what point does someone say…that’s enough I don’t think that is in the Bible.

No such thing as a work based salvation as it's a free gift by the grace of God. This is why Jesus told the thief on the cross, this day you will be with me in paradise because he called upon the name of the Lord.
What covenant did the thief live under? Because Jesus saved a number of people while he walked this earth. How about the paralytic? He only wanted to walk again and Jesus said….your sins are forgiven you. Why does it have to be the thief? Can I be saved and not even want forgiveness of sins Like the paralytic. Jesus told the rich man to go sell everything and he would have eternal life. Is that the plan of salvation for us today? Im just saying…Why the thief?
AFTER Jesus died and AFTER the thief had been gone days Jesus instituted the NEW COVENANT. His new will and testament. Heb 9:14-17
He said..go into all the world and preach the gospel (did the thief ever hear this?) He that believes this gospel and is baptized shall be saved. Again…Did the thief ever here that message that was for everyone?
Where does it say…he called on the name of the lord?

i am not a fan of this method however if their heart is right true sincere then they can be saved, but it can be deceiving . i have seen folks go to the altar have a good cry say they got saved but no change at all it all depends on the person whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved .it can be in a big group it can be at a gospel singing it can be on a stump in your car... ultimately its the Lord who saves regardless of method or place . we only plant the seed and then it is watered
Plant the seed? The seed is the word of God…Lk 8 What you just planted above was not “seed”. It was something foreign. Why? Because it cant be found in the word (the seed) that God gave us to plant.
Jesus said…
But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Matthew 15:13
The father didnt plant the seed you just sowed.

your straining at a gnat you dont need the preacher man to get saved . preaching comes in many fashions and forms music testimony a sign God gives the increase not man
That is AGAIN not what the “seed” says. Yes God gives the increase but when?
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1 Corinthians 3:5-6
Does God give the increase before or after the planting and watering? Man has to be involved for all of this to take place. You cant baptize yourself. Look at the progression in Rom 10:13-15. send man, man preaches, word believed, then call for salvation. Show me one person in the book of acts that was saved all by themself. I believe one can read the preaching in the Bible like acts 2 and then be saved. They would still need to seek out a man in order to be baptized for the remission of their sins. But that I believe is a very rare occurrence.

tell you what you believe it how you want you are to the point your the only one right the rest are wrong
Nice attitude. Im just trying to help. All im doing is asking you to show me ONE person in the NT that was saved according to your doctrine and you cant and now its all about me. Im not the one that came up with my own salvation doctrine and am trying to pawn it off as Gods word.

Nice attitude. Im just trying to help. All im doing is asking you to show me ONE person in the NT that was saved according to your doctrine and you cant and now its all about me. Im not the one that came up with my own salvation doctrine and am trying to pawn it off as Gods word.
this is like a pencil with two erasers no point.. i will not get caught up in silly questions ..have a good day

water does not take sins away the blood does that . your getting into a doctrine that is not Bible justification not water baptism
I can connect water and the blood a whole lot better than you can connect your doctrine to the blood.
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
Revelation 1:5
What washes our sins away? The Blood. That is clear to see.
Now…When does the washing away of sins take place? It don’t just happen or everyone would be saved and we know thats not true.
Saul of Tarsus was told this…
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Acts 22:16
When was Sauls sins “washed away”? In baptism. Did the water wash his sins away? NO, we know that it is the blood of Jesus that washes your sins away when you have obeyed the gospel culminating in water baptism. This is supported by many other passages.
Peter says…repent and be baptized for the remission of(the washing away of) your sins. Acts 2:38
It is why Jesus could say…he that believes and is baptized shall be saved. Because his blood washes away your sins in the waters of baptism.
It’s why Peter could say…Baptism doth also now save us..
It is why Paul in Rom 6 could say….that you rise from baptism to “walk in newness of life”. Why, Because your sins have been washed away.
This is what it looks like to “study it out”

Back