Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

At the revelation of Jesus Christ...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The brightness of His coming..

The Apostle to the Gentiles speaks of the man of sin being destroyed by the brightness of the LORD'S COMING..

So do the math...

That hasn't happened yet.. but we certainly know that it shall happen because that's what faith is.. the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen..

There are two distinct things growing up into their respective heads at this present time.. with respect to the things which are.. the wheat which are growing up into Christ.. and the tares... which shall be fully manifested in that man of sin... both growing together until the end...

The god of this world is coming.. that man of sin.. who shall exalt himself above all that is called god.. the Revelation speaks all about this man.. and refers to him as a man multiple times.. and the destruction of that man of sin is absolutely and undeniably connected to the COMING of our Lord Jesus Christ.. in power and great glory..

This is not some spiritual examination of what is happening now.. but rather the literal and exact things which shall be hereafter.

And of course..

At the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The brightness of His coming..

The Apostle to the Gentiles speaks of the man of sin being destroyed by the brightness of the LORD'S COMING..

So do the math...

That hasn't happened yet.. but we certainly know that it shall happen because that's what faith is.. the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen..

There are two distinct things growing up into their respective heads at this present time.. with respect to the things which are.. the wheat which are growing up into Christ.. and the tares... which shall be fully manifested in that man of sin... both growing together until the end...

The god of this world is coming.. that man of sin.. who shall exalt himself above all that is called god.. the Revelation speaks all about this man.. and refers to him as a man multiple times.. and the destruction of that man of sin is absolutely and undeniably connected to the COMING of our Lord Jesus Christ.. in power and great glory..

This is not some spiritual examination of what is happening now.. but rather the literal and exact things which shall be hereafter.

And of course..

Sooo, you are looking for a 'man' as thee Anti-Christ then? Is that what you are trying to say?

So do the math...

And of course..

naah
You missed the man of sin thing by almost 2,000 years.

Sooo, you are looking for a 'man' as thee Anti-Christ then? Is that what you are trying to say?

Not what I'm trying to say smaller.. but imo precisely what the word of God says.. that the man of sin shall be destroyed by the brightness of the Lord's coming.

Let's start there..

This is absolutely future.. with respect to the Lord's coming..

Agreed ?

Then, how about Revelation 19.. where the latter portion specifically speaks of Him destroying the beast and the false prophet.. all within the context of His coming..

How's that for a second witness to the Lord destroying that man of sin.. the beast and false prophet of Revelation who have dominion over all the earth for a short time.. ?

All within the context of the things which shall be hereafter... at the revelation of Jesus Christ..

Not what I'm trying to say smaller.. but imo precisely what the word of God says.. that the man of sin shall be destroyed by the brightness of the Lord's coming.

Let's start there..

This is absolutely future.. with respect to the Lord's coming..

Agreed ?

Agreed with present respect to the deposit of His Spirit currently, yes.

We do also agree that the Spirit of Christ is a present deposit also, agreed?

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

None of us 'have' the whole enchilada currently. The earnest deposit only.

s

If death is swallowed up in victory not really on the last day as Jesus said often but 1,000 years before the last day as you say, Im curious to know by what means death is avoided during those 365,000 days following death's demise.

And since the righteous man is promised resurrection at the last day, again defined by you as an event 1,000 years before the last day, what of those believers who pass on during the 1,000 years.?

I noticed you made a point of literalness and exactness, very bold considering the nature of prophecy, but its interesting to me that given the best place for literalness and exactness to apply , you catagoricly deny both the literalness and the exactness.

Case in point;

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And a second witness;

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Agreed with present respect to the deposit of His Spirit currently, yes.

Ok, so we know that the Lord coming to destroy that man of sin is a future reality.. not some present reality... because right now Satan remains the god of this present evil world...

And of course all who have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins have been sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.. which is the earnest of our inheritance unto the day of redemption.. a future reality and hope for the believer.

We do also agree that the Spirit of Christ is a present deposit also, agreed?

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

None of us 'have' the whole enchilada currently. The earnest deposit only.

No doubt about it.. and we see dimly, as through a glass..

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

To say these passed away at the Cross is not true. Paul himself testified to every count of the above post Cross/Ress.

Romans 9:2
That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

Galatians 4:6
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

2 Corinthians 2:4
For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.

Romans 8:22
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

The full preterist view says these are no longer. If not, it is only so by imaginations, and certainly not reality.

s

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

To say these passed away at the Cross is not true. Paul himself testified to every count of the above post Cross/Ress.

Romans 9:2
That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

Galatians 4:6
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

2 Corinthians 2:4
For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.

Romans 8:22
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

The full preterist view says these are no longer. If not, it is only so by imaginations, and certainly not reality.

s

I agree ! :)

Ok, so we know that the Lord coming to destroy that man of sin is a future reality.. not some present reality... because right now Satan remains the god of this present evil world...

Indeed. And we will once again come to an observation of 'where' that 'man' sits.

I am pretty well done with that fact for myself. If others can not 'see it' they are not meant to presently. They WILL see it though regardless.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Since 'all' have sin this is a pretty easy connect for me to see as well as the temple he sits in. It's a personal matter that only God can bring sight to. I may often point to the fact BUT the fact is nearly 'always' likewise resisted, and that by Gods Plan as well.

And of course all who have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins have been sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.. which is the earnest of our inheritance unto the day of redemption.. a future reality and hope for the believer.

At the point of departure above, I will see Gods Eyes upon me and also my own enemy in my temple.

It is therefore problematic for me to spread Grace, Love and all the good things of God to that working. That can not happen for me or 'in me' only because I know better.

Indeed. Understanding 'darkness' will remain problematic in the eyes of most observers as they are all made to think this way, naturally:

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

If a believer is led to be 'in truth' they will not see IN RED.

s

You have and will continue to look forward to things long since passed, at least you know the 'man of sin' bit is not a present reality. And that in contrast to so many futurists who have for centuries been saying he is alive and waiting in the wings ,as it were.

I recall reading that almost 2,000 years ago Christ sent the Holy Spirit to minister on the earth.

But then futurism is usually as soft on the Trinity as it is the value of the work of the cross.

SO I often wonder what Peter (the Apostle to the circumcision) means when he speaks of the grace of God which is to be BROUGHT TO THEM at the revelation of Jesus Christ...

Last Days...

The Apostle to the circumcision wants us to know this first... that there are going to be scoffers who will actually deny the promise of HIS COMING..

They'll say just about anything BUT the truth concerning the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ...

IMO people simply don't believe the truth any more and I can't understand why.. doesn't anyone actually want the LORD to come and destroy the man of sin.. the god of this present evil world..?

The Day of the LORD is a biblical certainty... just as the scoffers today are a biblical certainty.. and it shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child.

Re: Last Days...

The Apostle to the circumcision wants us to know this first... that there are going to be scoffers who will actually deny the promise of HIS COMING..

They'll say just about anything BUT the truth concerning the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ...

IMO people simply don't believe the truth any more and I can't understand why..
Maybe that has something to do with the general population learning that when futurists say ;the truth concerning the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ... half the time they are not even talking about the return of the Lord but of the fabled rapture. Decades of misleading people in sermon and print has its costs.
doesn't anyone actually want the LORD to come and destroy the man of sin.. the god of this present evil world..?

The Day of the LORD is a biblical certainty... just as the scoffers today are a biblical certainty.. and it shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child.

And of course the scoffers typically make themselves known.. by what they say..

The resurrection of the dead is undeniably connected to the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.. and yet many today will actually SAY that the resurrection is PAST already.. and they overthrow the faith of some.. and as the Apostle to the Gentiles teaches.. their words eat like a cancer..

There's infinitely more to come at the...

revelation of Jesus Christ..

lest ye become wise in your own conceits...

Perhaps the primary reason that so many in Christendom today can't see the deliverance of the nation of Israel in the time of the end... is because they ignore what the Apostle to the GENTILES told them to NOT be ignorant of.. lest we become wise in our own conceits..

How that Israel is blinded in part UNTIL the fulness of the GENTILES be come in..

This is what the Apostle Paul was raised up to do... take the gospel to the GENTILES..

So why do so many today ignore that which the Apostle to the Gentiles warned us to not be ignorant of..?

The Twelve Apostles of the LAMB...

And of course Peter is not the only Apostle to the circumcision... there are TWELVE Apostles of the LAMB.. and it's absolutely vital for the Christian to understand that the church of God is BUILT UPON the FOUNDATION of the APOSTLES and PROPHETS, with Christ Jesus being its CHIEF CORNERSTONE..

There is NO OTHER foundation for the church of God to be built upon.. and yet this foundation is imo largely neglected today.. it often seems as if most of Christendom has become wise in our own conceits concerning the judicial blindness of the nation of Israel and have for the most part rejected the deliverance of that nation in the time of the end.. when the Lord comes in His glory with ten thousands of His saints.. in that Day.. the Day of the LORD, the Day of Jesus Christ.. which shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child..

The Revelation shows us a miraculous picture of the LAMB's wife descending out of Heaven from God.. and it has TWELVE FOUNDATIONS.. and in them the names of the twelve APOSTLES of the LAMB..

Contrast all of this with the ONE Apostle to the GENTILES... the Apostle Paul.. who has perhaps given us the greatest and most in depth understanding of the grace of God in our Lord Jesus Christ.. and of course he is building upon that one foundation.. and this Apostle to the Gentiles has given us a great understanding of the mystery pertaining to Israel and how that they are blinded in part until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in..

God has not forsaken His people.. says Paul.. and he experienced first hand that nation's continued rejection of the gospel of God's Son until they were ultimately CUT OFF from the GRACE of GOD in our Lord Jesus Christ..

But that's not the END of the story by any stretch of the imagination...

Ye did it for evil... but God did it for good...

The whole story has been foretold in miraculous ways throughout the ancient texts of the OT.. and perhaps a favorite of most is the story of Joseph.. the son of Jacob's (Israel) old age..

Loved by his father and yet hated by his own brethren.. and they sold him to the gentiles for twenty pieces of silver.. and he went from the pit to the prison to the throne..

Now is this the END of the story.. ?

Of course not.. we're literally in the MIDST of this story and it is truly living and powerful in its ability to show us all things to the eternal glory of our Lord Jesus Christ..

Joseph's brothers.. the very brothers who sold him to the Gentiles.. come looking for sustenance in a great time of famine.. and unbeknownst to them.. they're going to meet the very one who they sold off in their hatred and left for dead..

And JACOB.. (Israel) learned late in his life that the son of his old age was alive and ruler over all.. the same one who was deceived into believing that he was DEAD.. because of his COAT (or outer garment) which was dipped in blood..

The story isn't over folks.. there's infinitely more to come in that Day.. at the revelation of Jesus Christ..

And of course the scoffers typically make themselves known.. by what they say..

The resurrection of the dead is undeniably connected to the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.. and yet many today will actually SAY that the resurrection is PAST already..
What does this have to do with the endless lies wrt the 'rapture' and the misleading efforts of those who pretend to be speaking of the 'coming of the Lord' ? It looks as though that is exactly the way you used that term in your earlier post. :)
and they overthrow the faith of some.. and as the Apostle to the Gentiles teaches.. their words eat like a cancer..

There's infinitely more to come at the...

revelation of Jesus Christ..
Dont worry we all know why you wont address it directly . :)

I dont believe 'the Apostle to the Gentiles' taught his students to speak as slyly as used car salesmen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back