Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

At the revelation of Jesus Christ...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I dont believe 'the Apostle to the Gentiles' taught his students to speak as slyly as used car salesmen.

Of course not, for Paul's teacher was Jesus, and Christ clearly ranks used car salesmen beneath serpents.
Mat 10:16 ¶ Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.​

And of course it's easy for anyone to see that the scoffers don't ever produce anything of substance.. They simply mock and scoff at the word of God..

As we see that DAY approaching...

This present evil world at this present time refers to the things which are.. and the scriptures are limitless in speaking in accordance with the way that things are, right here, right now..

The holy scriptures also speak in miraculous detail with respect to the things which shall be hereafter.. and the Revelation of Jesus Christ clearly defines the things which are from the things which shall be hereafter.. beginning at chapter 4 of the revelation..

And this is all miraculous detail of that coming DAY... the Day of the LORD, the Day of Jesus Christ... which shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child...

The gospels themselves reveal limitless and miraculous detail concerning the things which shall be hereafter.. ie, Matthew speaks of the regeneration, when the Son of man shall sit upon the throne of His glory, and that His (resurrected) Apostles will also sit upon twelve thrones.. judging the twelve tribes of Israel.. it's right there in the gospels !

There's infinitely more to come in that Day.. at the revelation of Jesus Christ..

Can you see that DAY approaching...?

And of course it's easy for anyone to see that the scoffers don't ever produce anything of substance.. They simply mock and scoff at the word of God..

Scoffers make people think, reflect on what they believe, and challenge any assumptions that might be vulnerable to scoffing.

As those pointing out your silliness is mocking God?
:crazy:crazy:crazy

Re: As we see that DAY approaching...

This present evil world at this present time refers to the things which are.. and the scriptures are limitless in speaking in accordance with the way that things are, right here, right now..
In reality John wrote almost 2,000 years ago. Im surprised you didnt know that.
The holy scriptures also speak in miraculous detail with respect to the things which shall be hereafter.. and the Revelation of Jesus Christ clearly defines the things which are from the things which shall be hereafter.. beginning at chapter 4 of the revelation..
See ' hereafter' is from John's POV .
And this is all miraculous detail of that coming DAY... the Day of the LORD, the Day of Jesus Christ... which shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child...

Scoffers make people think, reflect on what they believe, and challenge any assumptions that might be vulnerable to scoffing.

Nothing that the scoffers say makes me think... Typically because they have absolutely nothing of substance to say..

Hitch

You have and will continue to look forward to things long since passed, at least you know the 'man of sin' bit is not a present reality. And that in contrast to so many futurists who have for centuries been saying he is alive and waiting in the wings ,as it were

The man of sin is satan,and very much a present reality

No one could ever accuse me of being a Preterist, but then again, Preterists see scripture one way, I see it another. I don't think either of us has an evil intent toward the other.

No one could ever accuse me of being a Preterist, but then again, Preterists see scripture one way, I see it another. I don't think either of us has an evil intent toward the other.

Preterists preach that the resurrection is past already and that they overthrow the faith of some... and their words eat like a cancer... according to the living and powerful word of God..

IMO that's evil.. although it's more aligned with sheer blindness to the truth concerning the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter.

Seriously... Is there anything more ridiculous than preterism...

Uh, no. Full preterism is quite ridiculous.

That does not mean that some things, such as the destruction of the brick and mortar temple are not fulfilled. But to relegate the entirety of the matters to that event is quite lame.

There is A GLORY to be revealed 'in us' that remains to come. It is noted right here:

Romans 8:18

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Romans 15:7

Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

In the 'revelation' or 'unveiling' so to speak, each of us will see that God in Christ has been with us, in us, all along.

And all will know this beyond any further doubting.

s

The man of sin is satan,and very much a present reality

I was somewhat disappointed to hear that you see that matter as being 'other people' i.e. the infamous 'kennites.'

You seem like a pretty spiritually informed fellow, other than that.

s

Uh, no. Full preterism is quite ridiculous.

That does not mean that some things, such as the destruction of the brick and mortar temple are not fulfilled. But to relegate the entirety of the matters to that event is quite lame.

Yes it is.. and not only is it lame.. according to the Apostle to the Gentiles it's that their words eat like a cancer and they overthrow the faith of some..

It's well beyond lame.

There is A GLORY to be revealed 'in us' that remains to come. It is noted right here:

Romans 8:18

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Romans 15:7

Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

No doubt that the whole creation groans and is waiting for the adoption, to wit.. the REDEMPTION of our bodies.. this is why it's a very serious issue when men 'say' that the resurrection is past already.. because it isn't.. and there's no receiving this type of nonsense.. it is to be called what it is.. regardless of how politically incorrect it might be to do so.

In the 'revelation' or 'unveiling' so to speak, each of us will see that God in Christ has been with us, in us, all along.

And all will know this beyond any further doubting.

s

And it's coming as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child... at the revelation of Jesus Christ..

No doubt that the whole creation groans and is waiting for the adoption, to wit.. the REDEMPTION of our bodies.. this is why it's a very serious issue when men 'say' that the resurrection is past already.. because it isn't.. and there's no receiving this type of nonsense.. it is to be called what it is.. regardless of how politically incorrect it might be to do so.

True. We do have our Expectation don't we? To me it is only a matter of 'how much' can we take on.

And it's coming as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child... at the revelation of Jesus Christ..
Os put these facts up here awhile back and I thought it quite good and interesting about the 'diversity' of arrival as you point to:
Osgiliath said:
[FONT=&quot]And again, I will repost the many "comings" of Christ from Scripture:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]In Mark 13:26 He comes with CLOUDS.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Matthew 24:27 He comes as LIGHTNING. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Revelation 16:15 He comes as a THIEF. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Matthew 25:6 He comes as the BRIDEGROOM. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Revelation 22:16 and 2:28 He comes as the MORNING STAR. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Malachi 4:2 He comes as the SUN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS ARISING. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Philippians 3:20-21 He comes in RESURRECTION POWER. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8 He comes in FLAMING FIRE. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Malachi 3:1-3 He comes to His priesthood company as REFINER'S FIRE and FULLER'S SOAP. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 He comes IN THE AIR. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Hosea 6:3 and James 5:7-8 He comes as the RAIN. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Revelation 19:11 & 14 He comes on a WHITE HORSE. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Matthew 25:31-34 He comes as KING. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In 1 Peter 5:4 He comes as the CHIEF SHEPHERD. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Matthew 16:27 He comes WITH HIS ANGELS. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Jude 14 He comes WITH HIS SAINTS. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In John 14:18 He comes TO HIS SAINTS. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In 2 Thessalonians 1:10 He comes IN HIS SAINTS. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Jude 14 & 15 He comes in JUDGMENT. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In Revelation 22:12 He comes WITH REWARDS. [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]In 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 He comes with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, with the trump of God.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
also, [/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]He comes to the Mount of Olives; [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]He comes to His temple; [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]He comes in glory;[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]He comes as Lord; [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]He comes in His Kingdom;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He comes as seasons of refreshing, etc., etc., etc.[/FONT]

True. We do have our Expectation don't we? To me it is only a matter of 'how much' can we take on.

How about these vile bodies of ours being fashioned like unto His glorious body..? It's no small matter to say the least..

Os put these facts up here awhile back and I thought it quite good and interesting about the 'diversity' of arrival as you point to:
The scriptures are limitless in their ability to speak to the things which shall be hereafter.. just as they are limitless in their ability to speak on the things which are..

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously... Is there anything more ridiculous than preterism...

Seriously... Yes, there is...

The problem with full preterism is that it is satisfied with the historic anti-type, and thus doesn't perceive the need for Grace to be extended into other fields of context.
The problem with full futurism is that it doesn't recognize the historic anti-type, and thus doesn't recognize the benefits of Grace to creation beyond a narrow, guarded world view.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back