Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

At the revelation of Jesus Christ...

So many delusions, so little time.

If I had a nickel for every believer who thought they were sinless perfection I'd be quite wealthy.

Eventually though I go back to Paul and look at reality.

God did not die for the devil in Paul's flesh OR the evil present with him, PERIOD.

Spin however you see fit from there. Not my job to insert honesty. I do however prefer honest discussions on theology.

s

So many delusions, so little time.

If I had a nickel for every believer who thought they were sinless perfection I'd be quite wealthy.

Eventually though I go back to Paul and look at reality.

God did not die for the devil in Paul's flesh OR the evil present with him, PERIOD.

Spin however you see fit from there. Not my job to insert honesty. I do however prefer honest discussions on theology.

s

Try looking at the gospel of God concerning His Son sometime.. how that He died for our sins according to the scriptures.. or... just keep preaching SIN as you always do..

Your choice.. you can either continue to preach that there is SIN in CHRIST or you can preach CHRIST and how that He died for our sins and how we now have the imputed RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST..

Once again.. your choice.. and I'm sure that you'll continue to speak of nothing but SIN.. as if the Lord Jesus Christ (the Lamb of God who TAKETH AWAY the sin of the world).. isn't even in the picture.

Try looking at the gospel of God concerning His Son sometime.. how that He died for our sins according to the scriptures.. or... just keep preaching SIN as you always do..

Preaching sin? Is that seriously what rattles around in your head?

Why don't you take a REAL LOOK at Paul sometime and see if you can be even as remotely truthful as that man?

Proverbs 4:19
The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

Your choice.. you can either continue to preach that there is SIN in CHRIST or you can preach CHRIST and how that He died for our sins and how we now have the imputed RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST..
EDITED

You want to talk about the revealing of Christ, knowing it not to be a fact, but NOT wanting to see the facts of our current conditions?

Why is that do you think?

Once again.. your choice.. and I'm sure that you'll continue to speak of nothing but SIN.. as if the Lord Jesus Christ (the Lamb of God who TAKETH AWAY the sin of the world).. isn't even in the picture.
Yeah, there is a choice to speak truthfully about many matters. The first one is to stop lying to ourselves about the facts of sin, that being of the DEVIL.

But I also understand that is a harder pill than most care to swallow. It seems to stick in the craw of everyone who tries to take a bite of that fact.

s

2.5: Respect each others' opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself.

Knock off the personal attacks....

Yeah, there is a choice to speak truthfully about many matters.

Who are you kidding...

Obviously the only thing you're interested in speaking about is sin and that sin being WITHIN the BODY OF CHRIST..

Again, Christ isn't anywhere in the picture..

But hey... no sense beating this horse to death..

Keep on preaching your SIN and how that the MAN OF SIN sits within the glorious BODY OF CHRIST.. which He shall present to Himself without spot or wrinkle or any such thing..

I can only imagine where this comes from.. people speaking about the future WIFE and BRIDE of our Lord Jesus Christ... and SAYING that the MAN OF SIN is within her..

This is how people choose to speak of the LAMB's WIFE..

God have mercy..

At the beginning of Revelation, the REVEALING of Christ, the works of Satan were addressed in all SEVEN of the churches therein.

But of course not too many want to hear of these matters.

I expect that those who will be making that transition might be the ones who are listening.

s

Notice once again... no mention of the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST or that CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS..

None of that...

Instead it's all about SATAN and SIN...

Very telling to say the least.

IMO it's impossible for these people to speak of the infinite GLORIES OF CHRIST.. instead it's all about SIN and the DEVIL..

That's what they preach... even to the point of attributing SIN to the BODY OF CHRIST.. His future wife and bride to be..

Again.. LORD have mercy..

For a more certain trail however some might want to buckle up their seat belts.

Acts 14:22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

There will be a little 'dividing' going on.

s

The THRONE of His GLORY...

Anyone here willing to refute the absolutely clear and simple truth of the gospel of Matthew... specifically with respect to what Matthew 19 says and how that it's tied to Matthew 25..?

Specifically with respect to the Lord sitting upon the THRONE of His glory.. along with His twelve Apostles sitting upon twelve THRONES, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.. and how that this is undeniably connected to His coming in Matthew 25..

Didn't think so..

Last edited by a moderator:
THY Kingdom come...

Or how about Luke 22 where it also speaks of His Apostles sitting upon twelve thrones.. judging the twelve tribes of Israel... and how that is undeniably connected to His KINGDOM...

Didn't think so...

edited

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a matter of internal affairs.

There are not going to be multiple millions of following believers sitting on some physical throne with Jesus and the 12 Apostles in an external sense.

Matthew 19:
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

When you figure out how to seat yourself on 12 Thrones simultaneously in the physical sense, let me know. Might need either a large posterior of some very very tiny thrones.

s

How about the DAY OF THE LORD... which shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child..

Anyone willing to provide evidence that THAT DAY has already come..

Didn't think so...

How about the resurrection of the dead which is undeniably connected with His coming in power and great glory with ten thousands of His saints...

Didn't think so...

It's a matter of internal affairs.

There are not going to be multiple millions of following believers sitting on some physical throne with Jesus and the 12 Apostles in an external sense.

Matthew 19:
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

When you figure out how to seat yourself on 12 Thrones simultaneously in the physical sense, let me know. Might need either a large posterior of some very very tiny thrones.

s

So you're SAYING that this has already happened ?

So you're SAYING that this has already happened ?

It has been in the process since the time of the Resurrection and there will be a culmination to the matters.

But it has zero to do with millions or even billions of believers all trying to sit on 12 thrones. That is quite preposterous, just as this one is if understood apart from 'allegory.'

Luke 19:17
And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

If I thought that God in Christ called me to be a politician ruler over ten cities I'd quit now before it happens. No thank you Jesus.

s

Then obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.. because Matthew 25 connects this with HIS COMING... simple as that..

Then of course you'd probably change your mind now and say that He has already come.. when in the past you made it clear that He has NOT yet come..

See how simple this is..

There are many brothers and sisters in Christ who do not believe that the church of God will be on earth during the millennial reign of Christ.. because our citizenship is in heaven.. perhaps that's another thread though...

Yeah, you and several million others all trying to squeeze yourselves onto 12 thrones? I'd pay to watch that scramble. Would be quite entertaining.

Zechariah 2:
4 And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:
5 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.

If one is picturing a literal wall of fire around Jerusalem on the earth they will never see it as it's not going to happen.

Every 'picture' one will have of the 'revealing' is deeply wrapped in allegories. So deep that it will never be seen or perceived in the literal physical sense.

But many are still standing around waiting to 'see something.'

s

Yeah, you and several million others all trying to squeeze yourselves onto 12 thrones? I'd pay to watch that scramble. Would be quite entertaining.

This isn't about the church of God.. it didn't yet exist when this promise was made to His Apostles..

The context is concerning His twelve Apostles... but of course I'm sure you already knew that.. and must simply scoff at it as if it's something other than what it says in simplicity and truth...

But then of course we already know that there shall be scoffers in the last days who literally deny His coming in power and great glory.. with ten thousands of His saints..

For many.. this is all simply fairy tales..

Back