Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Being Perfect

Elijah23, I'm curious about your list.

Except for the "caffeine" thing, . . . may I ask why the "use of alcohol" was forbidden? Were you once an alcoholic? The bible doesn't say that a person can't drink fermented drinks, and Jesus was said to have turned water into wine [btw, not "water into grape juice" either]. I'm not understanding here.

I did drink too much. I am not an abolitionist. However, I don’t see people drinking alcohol in the resurrection. Do you?

Care to include verse 8 with your verse.... I think it is applicable to what you say.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Elijah seems to be affirming that we can have no sin.

i should have as i quoted that one from memory and common sense says that we aint perfect.

i always wondered with these perfectionist types as when i asked then to present a person who has done this and is alive they then fall back to...
"thou shalt not doubt thy lord.!"

surely somone can do it the lord did say it and surely his word doesnt go out in vain!

I did drink too much. I am not an abolitionist. However, I don’t see people drinking alcohol in the resurrection. Do you?

Looking forward to new wine at the Wedding Feast of the Lamb!

i disagree, if we could why the need for the cross? surely the ot law would suffice as you put the need to repent daily.

what the difference if we need to repent daily for salvation?

the law itself cant redeem, and somehow we can with christ be perfect with our effort.

sure faith must have works but that is evidence of the changed hearts and as alabaster said that isnt for salvation.

itsn not jesus and works that gets you in.

jesus in you that has works as evidence of the changed heart that is what salvation is.

And the Cross proved what one is required to do, to be 'IN CHRIST'. The babe is tooooo MATURE! Matt. 10:38, Nah. 1:9 +!

Phil. 4:13 ['I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME.'

2 Cor. 12:9 'And He said unto me, MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR THEE: FOR MY STRENGTH IS MADE *PERFECT IN WEAKNESS*'

--Elijah

Why not? No one can see what the future will hold, precisely.

I look at alcohol as a medicine for people with hard lives. I think it is a sin to get intoxicated, though.

And in the end, I don’t think the Lord will want us to use alcohol.

Wine in purity is called wine also in the Word of God. (Christ's miracle) All of the Lords Truths satan 'FERMENTS!' (or counterfiets) Note Proverbs 23 for the Pure Grape of the Vine after its 'decay', ..like the manna that was left in Exod. 16:19-20.

[29] Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?

[30] They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.
[31] Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. (DECAYED, FERMENTED)
[32] At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

(Note that it is still refered to as WINE)

[33] Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.

(false doctrine is noted as the fermitted wine of Babylon also, huh! 'and they see what? PERVERSE THINGS such as false doctrines + fermented drink is OK!:screwloose)

[34] Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.
[35] They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

(And false doctrine has been around with the Rev. 17:1-5 ones for well over the pre/flood one Gen. 6:3's probation!)

--Elijah 674

I look at alcohol as a medicine for people with hard lives. I think it is a sin to get intoxicated, though.

And in the end, I don’t think the Lord will want us to use alcohol.

No, many people with very good lives enjoy alcoholic drinks from time to time.

And, if it "is a sin to get intoxicated", then Jesus created the means for people to become intoxicated. . . performing a miracle, in fact, to do so. :shrug

Those who Christ died for, are perfected forever..heb 10:

14For by one offering[His death or blood] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

No, many people with very good lives enjoy alcoholic drinks from time to time.

And, if it "is a sin to get intoxicated", then Jesus created the means for people to become intoxicated. . . performing a miracle, in fact, to do so. :shrug

The Bible condemns hard liquor and intoxication.

Those who Christ died for, are perfected forever..heb 10:

14For by one offering[His death or blood] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Jesus died for all of us. Now we should go about the task of repenting of our sins.

But Jesus performed the miracle of turning water into wine. What up? :shrug

Wine is not hard liquor and no one needed to drink to intoxication.

I’ve heard it said that the alcohol content in wine in those days was low, and the purpose of the alcohol was to kill germs (purifty).

Matthew 26:29 NLT
Mark my words—I will not drink wine again until the day I drink it new with you in my Father’s Kingdom.

Matthew 26:29 NLT
Mark my words—I will not drink wine again until the day I drink it new with you in my Father’s Kingdom.

I’ve heard it said that in the days of Jesus, wine was the only safe thing to drink since the alcohol killed the germs.

Anyway, if you need wine, the Lord will give you wine.

I just doubt if anyone will need wine in the resurrection.

Back