Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believe in God, you will be saved

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think it was you actually.
shazam yes your right.. i cant help what jlb he has his and i got mine and i stand

When you sin, are you headed toward God?
Or did you decide to become unsaved and walk back toward satan?
i have read many off the wall questions this places in top ten .. tell you what its your question . you answer it

when you sin do you stay in that sin or stop doing it? if you answer stop doing it.. you repented turned from :eek2 :thumbsup:readbible

Agreed.
Those that diligently seek will eventually find...

My point was that even without the bible it is possible to be saved.

In the old days, some did not hear the gospel message, but were saved anyway.
Jesus died for the whole world.
1 John 2:2
Who did not hear the gospel message but was saved?

In the old days, some did not hear the gospel message, but were saved anyway.
IMHO Those who died in faith (in the old days) went into Abraham’s bosom. In the grave (prison) Jesus made a visit and preached to them the gospel. At the resurrection all saved are saved by belief in what Jesus did on the cross. There is but one way to salvation. One gate Jesus. One sacrifice Jesus.

Jesus fulfilled all the law.

The friends of Job did not speak the truth. There is no intelligence in man that saves him.

eddif

shazam yes your right.. i cant help what jlb he has his and i got mine and i stand

i have read many off the wall questions this places in top ten .. tell you what its your question . you answer it

when you sin do you stay in that sin or stop doing it? if you answer stop doing it.. you repented turned from :eek2 :thumbsup:readbible
2 Chronicles 7:14 kjv
14. if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
15. Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is madein this place.
16. For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
17. And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;
18. Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.
19. But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
20. Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.

This is the turning from wicked ways.
And
In the days of life in Israel there are benefits.
But
It is conditional
And they broke the covenant by doing those things in verse 19
And became what is mentioned in verse 20.

This section sounds permanent through several verses, but by the time you get to verse 20 you see it can be broken.

Jesus is the way to eternal life. Repent and believe in Jesus.
New and better covenant.

eddif

You are correct.

The friends of Job offered several solutions for Job to depend on, but Job rightly rejected them all.

Not our words alone
Not our works alone
Not a spirit we are born with

And it would take me and others to make right statements about salvation.

We see through a glass darkly, but Jesus is the way, the truth, the light.
We come to the Father through Jesus.

Jesus became a quickening spirit
Fulfilled the law
Told of the Holy Spirit
And more

eddif

Jerry gave you this.
Rom 10:17. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
What does this passage mean?
It means that true faith comes through hearing Gods word. If what you do cant be found in Gods word then it cant be by faith.
For example… The sinners prayer.
Everybody now a days is told that all they have to do is believe and pray for salvation and youll be saved.
But this cannot be found any where in the NT. There is not a command, no example of anyone doing this for salvation or in order to be born again. So as per Rom 10:17 one cannot, by faith, pray for there salvation. This is all man made and didn’t come from God.
Just like your 1-4 formula is all man made. None of it can be found in Gods word (which is why you didnt post any scripture next to any of it) therefore cannot be done ”by faith”.
My list of 4 is not a formula or from the NT.
It's what needs to be done to be saved BY ANYONE.
Those that have heard the gospel or have not.

I do agree that it makes being saved MUCH EASIER if someone has heard the gospel.
This is also true about Jesus.

But GOD FATHER can be known only from His creation, as is stated in Romans.
Let's remember too that Cornelius knew about God before anyone had spoken to him.
Acts 10:1-2
10 At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion of what was known as the Italian Cohort, 2 a devout man who feared God with all his household, gave alms generously to the people, and prayed continually to God.

hmm where you get that ? there has to be some type word ..you dont just wake up and say i am getting saved today . a seed has to be planted faith comes by hearing
The Word Brings Salvation romans 10
…16But not all of them welcomed the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” 17Consequently, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. 18But I ask, did they not hear? Indeed they did: “Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.”…
Yes. Most probably the persons I'm thinking of went to church and knew about God - also from their parents.
But not all of these became saved - just those that came to love God and wish to live for Him.

However, I can tell you that they did not hear the GOSPEL MESSAGE as you understand it.
I'm talking about many years ago and the gospel message was not preached in these here parts (as the same for many parts of the world) and yet I knew persons that were definitely worshipping God with their life.

I just mean, without this conversation going on forever,
that a person can become saved in different ways....

KNOW GOD
KNOW YOU'RE A SINNER
LIVE FOR GOD AND WORSHIP GOD

UFFA JERRY!

Here are my questions which I'll answer myself:

1. When you sin, are you headed toward God?
YES. I WAS HEADED TOWARD GOD BECAUSE I REPENTED, CHANGED MY DIRECTION, AND WAS ON MY WAY TOWARD GOD.

I DID NOT CHANGE MY MIND, AND DECIDE TO TURN AROUND AND WALK AGAIN BACK TOWARD SATAN.
I SINNED BUT WAS STILL HEADED TOWARD GOD BECAUSE I HAD REPENTED.

2. Or did you decide to become unsaved and walk back toward satan?
NO. I WAS STILL HEADED TOWARD GOD.
SO I DO NOT NEED TO REPENT AGAIN.
I NEED TO BE SORRY THAT I'VE SINNED, ASK FORGIVENESS, AND CONTINUE ON.

This conversation has to come to an end.
You either understand the difference between
REPENT
and
BE SORRY FOR

Or you don't...
:chin

A lot of my old friends up in my hometown in the mountains of Northern Tuscany that NEVER HEARD THE GOSPEL MESSAGE but were as saved as you are.

BECAUSE:
They understood their sinful condition.
They turned to God, Jesus for their salvation.

This is true of many....

If you cannot agree with this, then Romans 1:19-20 has no meaning for you.
:shrug

IMHO Those who died in faith (in the old days) went into Abraham’s bosom. In the grave (prison) Jesus made a visit and preached to them the gospel. At the resurrection all saved are saved by belief in what Jesus did on the cross. There is but one way to salvation. One gate Jesus. One sacrifice Jesus.

Jesus fulfilled all the law.

The friends of Job did not speak the truth. There is no intelligence in man that saves him.

eddif
LOL
Not that long ago ediff !
See my post 329 just above.

Jesus fulfilled the law perfectly so only HE can be our atonement.
But in some way we don't understand, Jesus is the savior of everyone who believes in God and wishes to live for Him.

Hebrews 6:1 kjv
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Hebrews 6:2 kjv
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

MHebrews 6:3 kjv
And this will we do, if God permit.

Hebrews 6:4
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hebrews 6:5
And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hebrews 6:5
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
………
There are foundations of Christ Jesus, and experiences.

Creation
Jewish knowledge of God
Know you are a sinner through law

These exist but I can not organize them:
Receive quickening spirit (open door)
Baptism in Holy Spirit

Salvation is through the belief in Jesus Christ.

There are foundations and realities of experience. Can I order them exactly? Maybe not.

Hebrews 6 does a good job, but my ears must not hear the order, and this is more especially to the Jewish part of the one new man.

We are not all called to the same point. Where each of us is …….,?

eddif

LOL
Not that long ago ediff !
See my post 329 just above.

Jesus fulfilled the law perfectly so only HE can be our atonement.
But in some way we don't understand, Jesus is the savior of everyone who believes in God and wishes to live for Him.
Ok so I am being ticky. Hopefully not in a bad condemning way.

Acts 10:1 kjv
1. There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
2. A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Turning to God is not salvation. It is a step in the right direction. If you noticed my post 331 is not addressed to a particular person. The title of this thread can mean different things to different people.

Cornelius was on the direction to God’s Son. Cornelius had a vision. Peter had a vision. A direction was plotted to lead Cornelius to eternal life through the good news that Jesus died for sins.

The Holy Spirit even came.
So yes I am a stickler. I do try and understand where folks are. I try and see where we are going.

Your friends, my Christian friends, those lost people out there are on a journey.
Repentance is a terrible place. You have found out you are lost and a sinner.
You absolutely need good news. You may have heard of Jesus, but not realize he died for the sinner you are trying to flee from.
I am not trying to get an eddif version of salvation posted. If Wondering sees an error please say so.

A redneck has just so many skills, and from then on it depends on change from God (Father Son Holy Spirit). Five people reading this will probably hear 9 things I could mean.

Peter saw unclean animals. He finally got the point God was declaring Gentiles as being loved by God.

Enough for now.
eddif

This conversation has to come to an end.
You either understand the difference between
REPENT
and
BE SORRY FOR

Or you don't...
then i have give this back to you to decide on your own because 1 john 1:9 is with repentance. its like peanut butter jelly both go together

A lot of my old friends up in my hometown in the mountains of Northern Tuscany that NEVER HEARD THE GOSPEL MESSAGE but were as saved as you are.

BECAUSE:
They understood their sinful condition.
They turned to God, Jesus for their salvation.

This is true of many....

If you cannot agree with this, then Romans 1:19-20 has no meaning for you.
:shrug
you have to have heard or read the word to be saved no other way .we cant have a born again experience out side the word of God. there has to be a seed planted and it land on good ground.. word of God brings conviction through the Holy Spirit

Ok so I am being ticky. Hopefully not in a bad condemning way.

You could be ticky.
I don't even know what it means.
Gosh, I've been away a long time.

Acts 10:1 kjv
1. There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
2. A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Turning to God is not salvation. It is a step in the right direction. If you noticed my post 331 is not addressed to a particular person. The title of this thread can mean different things to different people.

How can you know that turning to God is not salvation?
Who makes up all these rules anyway?
If I turn to God,,,it is indeed salvation.
If I'm turning away from satan and toward God...what would YOU call it?
Is there a pre-salvation claus somewhere in the NT? Could you lead me to it?

Will check your post 331.
Cornelius was on the direction to God’s Son. Cornelius had a vision. Peter had a vision. A direction was plotted to lead Cornelius to eternal life through the good news that Jesus died for sins.

Cornelius was already saved when Peter and company showed up.
Acts 10:1-4
1Now there was a man at Caesarea named Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian cohort,
2a devout man and one who feared God with all his household, and gave many alms to the Jewish people and prayed to God continually.
3About the ninth hour of the day he clearly saw in a vision an angel of God who had just come in and said to him, “Cornelius!”
4And fixing his gaze on him and being much alarmed, he said, “What is it, Lord?” And he said to him, “Your prayers and alms have ascended as a memorial before God.

He was a devout man, one who feared God, taught his household, gave alms and prayed continually.
This does not sound like a saved person to you?

Acts 10:47-48
47“Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?”
48And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

Then the Holy Spirit fell on everyone there and they were baptized.
One has to be born again before he can be baptized.

Your friends, my Christian friends, those lost people out there are on a journey.
Repentance is a terrible place. You have found out you are lost and a sinner.
You absolutely need good news. You may have heard of Jesus, but not realize he died for the sinner you are trying to flee from.
I am not trying to get an eddif version of salvation posted. If Wondering sees an error please say so.

You are definitely posting an ediff version of salvation.
Salvation can come in different ways. God is a big God...He can save anyone He believes worships Him.
There is no special formula, except I did post some beliefs a person must have. Very few.

The friends I posted are not on a journey.
They have arrived, and very much so.

Think of it...you're practically stating who is saved and who is not.
How do You know?
That's a job for God, not us.

A person is saved by Jesus' atonement...
Not a doctrine.

You go so far as to say that the person may have heard of Jesus but does not know He died for their sins.
If I understood correctly...
They don't need to know that Jesus died for their sins...
Once they accept Jesus, they are saved.
No doctrine necessary.

A redneck has just so many skills, and from then on it depends on change from God (Father Son Holy Spirit). Five people reading this will probably hear 9 things I could mean.

Peter saw unclean animals. He finally got the point God was declaring Gentiles as being loved by God.

Enough for now.
eddif
You have plenty of skills.

then i have give this back to you to decide on your own because 1 john 1:9 is with repentance. its like peanut butter jelly both go together
LOL
OK Jerry...we'll end it here.

I just don't really understand what 1 John 1:9 has to do with this discussion...
9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

you have to have heard or read the word to be saved no other way .we cant have a born again experience out side the word of God. there has to be a seed planted and it land on good ground.. word of God brings conviction through the Holy Spirit
They heard the word of God when they went to Mass.

What I'm saying is that they most probably did not hear the gospel message.
The bible is read even at Mass, and the bible is a magical book.
Just reading it could save a person.

But the gospel message is a different discussion altogether.
I'm 99% sure no one throughout hundreds of years ever heard the gospel message.

Back