Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believe in God, you will be saved

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That there question is loaded with double ought rules of interpretation.

Well at least it says (do you think).

I guess: LOL
Acts 8:14 kjv
14. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15. Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

Acts 2:38 kjv
38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10:44 kjv
44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

The Jews seem slow to receive, But by the time the Gentile inclusion it
Seems to happen right then.

What do you think?

eddif
Well I asked because I read something quite interesting other Day...A Brean actually looking into translation...

He was saying there was a diff between the Holy Spirit's coming and Holy Spirit being in.

Therefore, for example, coming over is the annoiting and to receive power.

I noted earlier somewhere that the Gentile were saved through faith and The Jews by faith...
Romans 3:30, NIV: since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

So one who already believed God as a Jew had to believe Jesus was the Son of God....so who had to repent? Maybe all those who never accepted John's Baptism unto repentance. The law was until John after which the Kingdom of God was preached.
Luke 16:16
The law and the prophets were until John: from that time the gospel of the kingdom of God is preached, and every man entereth violently into it.

Recall His kingdom comes with power..

So then my thought is everyone who had already believed...were regenerated...
And those regenerated receive the Power of the Holy Ghost which would be the Baptism John might have been Speaking of
Which was to empower them with gifts for service...
Maybe that's why it is said the Holy ghost poured out on all flesh...according to Peter's quote of what was being fullfilled.

All flesh could mean both the Jews and Gentiles, or all who had believed..

What you think Red🌝
And He realizing God was no respecter of person....for those it fell on Had already believed.

"Jesus died for the whole world," leaving the door wide open for any number of false cults to embroider it at their will.
That's a very good point Cooper.
The problem is that this is what the NT teaches.
That Jesus died for the whole world...

How to reconcile?
Certainly the bible does not teach universalism.

Can we say that Jesus died for everyone that would accept Him as Savior?
But that's not the whole world.

Can we say the His sacrifice was sufficient to save anyone that wanted to be saved...
before Jesus was born, during and after Jesus was born.
?

Hi, refer to my writing to edd just now...and tell me what you think
by one spirit

1 Corinthians 12:13

New King James Version

13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink [a]into one Spirit.

Born again of the spirit the spirit quickens breaths new life once were saved we become part of the Body of Christ . the Holy spirit dwells in us.

by one spirit

1 Corinthians 12:13​

New King James Version​

13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink [a]into one Spirit.

Born again of the spirit the spirit quickens breaths new life once were saved we become part of the Body of Christ . the Holy spirit dwells in us.
But what does that have to do with what I wrote...🌝

Well I asked because I read something quite interesting other Day...A Brean actually looking into translation...

He was saying there was a diff between the Holy Spirit's coming and Holy Spirit being in.

I noted earlier somewhere that the Gentile were saved through faith and The Jews by faith...
Romans 3:30, NIV: since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

So one who already believed God as a Jew had to believe Jesus was the Son of God....so who had to repent? Maybe all those who never accepted John's Baptism unto repentance. The law was until John after which the Kingdom of God was preached.
The law and the prophets were until John: from that time the gospel of the kingdom of God is preached, and every man entereth violently into it.

And those regenerated receive the Power of the Holy Ghost which would be the Baptism John might have been Speaking of
Maybe that's why it is said the Holy ghost poured out on all flesh...according to Peter's quote of what was being fullfilled.

What you think Red🌝
And He realizing God was no respecter of person....for those it fell on Had already believed.

are you sure honestly not that it matters.. but does that answer suit you?
It's all about sharing here...and I thank you for that🤜

The Bible doesn’t say that. All anybody can know of salvation is found in the word God gave us. Anything else is just wishful thinking. And I wouldn’t want to base my salvation on wishful thinking.

But Romans doesn’t say we are saved just because we know there is a creator.

Yes and he needed “words” that would save him and his family.
Acts 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
If he needed to be saved then that means he was not currently in a saved state.
Also, there have always been gentiles who were faithful, God fearing people. Abraham was a gentile but he knew of God and was faithful even before he was told to pack up and leave. He was obedient to the only law he knew of.
We are not saved just b ecause we know there is a creator.
I never said that.

We must also worship and live for that Creator.

We meet Cornelius in Acts 10, already saved and this is common knowledge.
If you don't agree, I'm not going to spend time trying to convince you because we each feel we're right and this conversation could go on forever. Acts 11 does not state Cornelius needed to be saved.

In your last sentence you state that there have always been gentiles who were faithful.
You m entioned Abraham.

I think you proved my point exactly.
No bible around when Abraham roamed Caanan.

What you think Red🌝
Galatians 2:16 kjv
16. Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

I know it’s your safe ramble, but can you run your own ramble to the best conclusion?

The Jews had started (if I have it right) looking to the works of the law for righteousness. They had to look to Christ to get their righteousness.

The gentiles were previously led:
1 Corinthians 12:2 kjv
2. Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

The Gentiles had to develop a whole new concept of understanding.

The Jew has / had the oracles of God.
The gentile is just starting without a God background. Well the Ezekiel sigher dispersion had offered some knowledge to the world.

By offers a possessed knowledge of faith (used correctly or not).

Through faith is the oration Peter presented for the Gentile inclusion.

eddif

Dallas Willard:

"is not beating your head on the floor or feeling bad about your sins >it’s to re-think your thinking so as to change the way you’ve been thinking and acting. We repent in light of the gospel of Jesus."
I like what Dallas Willard says.

Could you translate it into simple English?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back