Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believe in God, you will be saved

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Not because of their faith?
See Hebrews 11...
On a phone now...sorry.

Because of the faith God gave the prophets, see again who the prophets are:

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

I meant that God looks at the love a man shows for his human brothers, not talk about what is the formula for salvation.

Love is only in laying our life down, forums are us doing what we want in our lives instead( how do we lay our lives down for anyone on them/forums)

The commandment of Jesus is for man to love his brother as Jesus loved us ( the greater love is laying your life down for your friends)

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Not because of their faith?
See Hebrews 11...
On a phone now...sorry.

Are you going to see Hebrews 11 and think they had a complete faith when it shows they were not made perfect without us ( us in Christ and Christ in us/the Son of God)

Hebrews 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Do you think your almost 20000 messages is love in deed, or by talk wondering?

The verses are not a threat, not tiring they are what gives us life, to share with others.

( I can still be what is needed here if you wanted)

1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
20,000?
What a chatterbox.

Love is only in laying our life down, forums are us doing what we want in our lives instead( how do we lay our lives down for anyone on them/forums)

The commandment of Jesus is for man to love his brother as Jesus loved us ( the greater love is laying your life down for your friends)

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
I have a reason for being here.
My old buddies know what it is.
What we do here otherwise has good purpose.
To allow others to read and not hear only the new and strange teachings.

I did not join the forum today to continue the conversations that go around in circles, we either believe in the full testimony of Christ, or we don't know it ( believe it)

Abraham was chosen by God for God to give the promise of eternal life hope to Him, outside of the law, so that the righteousness of faith, comes to the Gentiles, and so Israel kept their own righteousness, which is of the law.

All is through Jesus Christ, that is why we are told it is He that created all things.

Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Because of the faith God gave the prophets, see again who the prophets are:

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
The spirit of christ was in them before He ever appeared.

Refer that to 1 John 2:2
It's a beginning.
Must go.

I have a reason for being here.
My old buddies know what it is.
What we do here otherwise has good purpose.
To allow others to read and not hear only the new and strange teachings.

Because you have old teachings, how does that make them not strange.

Good purpose has only Gods word conforming it, which is to not love in word or tongue.

Also when anyone has been in a place for many years, daily, they never want to go, and who would admit they had not a good purpose for being on a forum ?

Honest people who repent, they cant be found, I found. ( so I will go very soon.)

The spirit of christ was in them before He ever appeared.

Refer that to 1 John 2:2
It's a beginning.
Must go.

The Spirit of Christ was in them, because nobody knows God( who is a Spirit) without the Spirit.

How can man have his own faith, when faith is Spirit ?

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Also, nobody knows what faith is, without the Spirit of faith.

If anyone speaks a word and they do not have that Spirit of faith, their words will be against the faith.

That is why if we remain on a forum for many years, and we claim we did this for others welfare, we cant tell the truth ( with the Spirit of truth) as God calls who He wants through Himself ( who is that Spirit of truth)

The best people did, was to put obstacles in the way of truth ( Spirit) but they cant, as God goes to where the person is, and speaks to them Himself, and they do like Christ, to not think they need to be on forums to try to help people with what they have to offer,( their own ideas and own purposes) of talk.

Baptism...in the name of Jesus Christ...remits past sin. (Acts 2:38)
It is written..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
And..."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)
Who did Peter say that to?

Honest folks who have permanently turned from sin are still here.
Thanks be to God.

Then you might have to show what sin is, that one turns from.

Sin is in the mouth, which is from the pride of the heart of man. That is why by our words we are justified or by our words we are condemned.

Psalm 59:12 For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.

Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

We all know we are to believe in the oath God swore to Abraham, ( Genesis 22:17-18.) because the word that comes from the Lord is trustworthy ( not from pride like man) and believing in God gives glory to Him( disbelieving Him is iniquity/sin)

That is why Israel failed ( through being highminded) and we stand by faith, but not if we also are highminded, but through meekness and fear of the Lord as told.

Romans 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Anyone assuming they are honest folk, are not following these warnings of the Lord ( they are irrelevant for them as they through being highminded, state they are above the way of humility/ that they are honest and turned away from sin, although sin is unbelief in these testimonies of the Lord.)

We labour then remembering that example of Israels failure ( not fearing and being highminded) to enter into the everlasting rest of the Lord, or we fall after that same example of unbelief/sin.

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Hebrews 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

IMHO I’mi
If Jesus is not attached to your friends experience they are are Good Jews keeping the works of the law according to 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Gospel message (the good news) is that Jesus died for our sins).
Not 2 Chronicles 7:14

I answered it more nicely already, but it Zoomed past you without it registering.

Romans 1:18-20 is a way to know about God. It is not the salvation message. It seems to be strong enough to keep you guilty, but not save you.

You are without excuse when you read Romans 1:18-20. You have to cry out what must I do to be saved when you read Romans 1:18-20

Romans 1:18-20 is a hidden message from creation that there is a God. It is not however a declaration of eternal life.

1 Corinthians 15 states the Gospel, and not Romans 1:18-20.

I be done said it most all the way I be done know how to say it. If I be able to say it better I need a chalk board and talk while I draw. I ain’ got skills to make a video. If I did make video I need to see you shaking your head no, so I could make it right.

That was my best Cajun imitation I can muster.

Ask your friends how they are going to heaven when they die. If they say:
Because we live a good life they are not saved.

If your friends say: Jesus died for my sins on the cross of Calvary they may be saved. Jesus will open his book of life and see if their names are in it. I ain’t seen the book. I hope my name is in it. Judgement day will reveal the secrets of our heart. We do not judge before that day.

The heart is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things. Who can know it? Jesus can.

eddif
In my opinion Edd, The Gospel message is a little more than that....read Mark 1
The way I see it is: the Kingdom of God is now available to any one who Puts their trust in Jesus. At Jesus Baptism "the heavens opened" and they have never closed..(just a thought)

Too add, as you probably know though, If one puts trust in Jesus as King then it is through Him that sins can be forgiven...

Therefore the Gospel... puts at end of Act a face to the Kingdom...(Jesus)

It is Jesus who died, was buried, rose, seen, at the right hand of the father..The eternal priest........Therefore Trust Jesus

Therefore one who Trust Jesus will find their sins forgiven.

Therefore in my opinion a fuller view of the Gospel:

The Kingdom is available to anyone who Trust Jesus. For in Him you will find everything you need for this life including forgiveness of sins.

The one thing I saw recently...is that the Spirit being the earnest deposit can give us a taste of Heaven now(being in God's presence)....The Down payment of our inheritance.

Last edited:
Then you might have to show what sin is, that one turns from.

Sin is in the mouth, which is from the pride of the heart of man. That is why by our words we are justified or by our words we are condemned.

Psalm 59:12 For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.

Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

We all know we are to believe in the oath God swore to Abraham, ( Genesis 22:17-18.) because the word that comes from the Lord is trustworthy ( not from pride like man) and believing in God gives glory to Him( disbelieving Him is iniquity/sin)

That is why Israel failed ( through being highminded) and we stand by faith, but not if we also are highminded, but through meekness and fear of the Lord as told.

Romans 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Anyone assuming they are honest folk, are not following these warnings of the Lord ( they are irrelevant for them as they through being highminded, state they are above the way of humility/ that they are honest and turned away from sin, although sin is unbelief in these testimonies of the Lord.)

We labour then remembering that example of Israels failure ( not fearing and being highminded) to enter into the everlasting rest of the Lord, or we fall after that same example of unbelief/sin.

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Hebrews 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Hi, not sure what you are talking about...but

👍🌝

Ask your friends how they are going to heaven when they die. If they say:
Because we live a good life they are not saved.

If your friends say: Jesus died for my sins on the cross of Calvary they may be saved. Jesus will open his book of life and see if their names are in it. I ain’t seen the book. I hope my name is in it. Judgement day will reveal the secrets of our heart. We do not judge before that day.

The heart is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things. Who can know it? Jesus can.

eddif

Why not take a peek now at the book of life, it has been opened ( no longer sealed.)

Notice among the children of Israel, the warning, if a root that bears gall and wormwood be among them, and if they hearing the words of the curse, going over all the earth, ( Zechariah 5:3) think they shall have peace, by walking afterr the imagination of their own heart, then all the curses written in the book lie upon them, and the Lord blots out their name from under heaven.

Pass right away to Hebrews 12, and we look dilligently, so we too do not fail of the grace of God, by any root of bitterness ( gall and wormwood) springing up, ( many are defiled this way) and they be a fornicator or profane person. ( but as the example of Esau, they will find no place of repentance.)

Deuteronomy 29:18 Lest there should be among you man, or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this day from the Lord our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you a root that beareth gall and wormwood;
19 And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:
20 The Lord will not spare him, but then the anger of the Lord and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the Lord shall blot out his name from under heaven.

Hebrews 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Many are DEFILED, by imagining they can walk in their own way, but the ones who HAVE NOT DEFILED THEIR GARMENTS, walk with the Lord in white for being WORTHY, they overcome the world to NOT HAVE THEIR NAMES BLOTTED OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE, they receive the testimony of Christ ( not man) after hearing the words of the prophecy of this book, to not add to them, or have the plagues( curses) contained in this book, added to them.

Revelation 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

In my opinion Edd, The Gospel message is a little more than that....read Mark 1
The way I see it is: the Kingdom of God is now available to any one who Puts their trust in Jesus. At Jesus Baptism "the heavens opened" and they have never closed..(just a thought)

Too add, as you probably know though, If one puts trust in Jesus as King then it is through Him that sins can be forgiven...

Therefore the Gospel... puts at end of Act a face to the Kingdom...(Jesus)

It is Jesus who died, was buried, rose, seen, at the right hand of the father..The eternal priest........Therefore Trust Jesus

Therefore one who Trust Jesus will find their sins forgiven.

Therefore in my opinion a fuller view of the Gospel:

The Kingdom is available to anyone who Trust Jesus. For in Him you will find everything you need for this life including forgiveness of sins.

The one thing I saw recently...is that the Spirit being the earnest deposit can give us a taste of Heaven now(being in God's presence)....The Down payment of our inheritance.

Saying trust Jesus, does that make people receive the testimony of Christ ?

But the testimony speaks differently. Jesus testified to Israel, and no man received His testimony. If anyone did receive His testimony, they have to their seal that God is true ( the Spirit of truth is revealed to them.)

Also it was fulfilled, regarding who had believed the report of Christ ? Israel did not believe on Christ, not only the Son did not reveal the Father to them, their eyes also were blinded, and their hearts hardened, to fulfil Gods purpose of the sacrifice of Christ for the sins of the world.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 3:32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

John 12:37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

After all of that was done, who is called when Israel through pride and envy did murder and never believed until this day ?

It cant be anyone else in envy, or in pride, or in hatred, or in riches, anyone high, anyone mighty.

Then it is the foolish things of the world called and chosen, they confound the wise, and the weak, as they confound the mighty, those despised chosen, to bring to nothing, those that are in this world. ( God has chosen the poor rich in faith and not the rich, rich in riches only. James 2:5-7.)

1 Corinthians 1:6 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Saying trust Jesus, does that make people receive the testimony of Christ ?

But the testimony speaks differently. Jesus testified to Israel, and no man received His testimony. If anyone did receive His testimony, they have to their seal that God is true ( the Spirit of truth is revealed to them.)

Also it was fulfilled, regarding who had believed the report of Christ ? Israel did not believe on Christ, not only the Son did not reveal the Father to them, their eyes also were blinded, and their hearts hardened, to fulfil Gods purpose of the sacrifice of Christ for the sins of the world.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 3:32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

John 12:37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

After all of that was done, who is called when Israel through pride and envy did murder and never believed until this day ?

It cant be anyone else in envy, or in pride, or in hatred, or in riches, anyone high, anyone mighty.

Then it is the foolish things of the world called and chosen, they confound the wise, and the weak, as they confound the mighty, those despised chosen, to bring to nothing, those that are in this world. ( God has chosen the poor rich in faith and not the rich, rich in riches only. James 2:5-7.)

1 Corinthians 1:6 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
"Saying trust Jesus, does that make people receive the testimony of Christ"

Of course No one said that is all in How one makes a disciple, I can't say everything I do not mean all the time...🌝

Saying trust Jesus...left alone would not mean anything to one that has never heard...But these people had more than that...miracles were voiced abroad, baptism of John was preached....etc..

But my original point is there is more to the Gospel..it was who one had to receive forgiveness from. Therefore if we state some of the Gospel then we get limited understanding. For example; saying Jesus merely died, and rose etc...for sin..transfers over to some, that Jesus did it all so we do nothing...

But if you hear what was done, as I'm sure they did because news travels...It was not to merely believe what was done, but so they can trust in the one that did it......So that brings the foundation to being Jesus.....and not what He did...even that is equally important too.
But the Foundation in which the church is built is Jesus the Christ......that was my point....

Therefore the Good News.. The kingdom is available to anyone who puts their Trust in Jesus.........For in Him you will find everything you need for this life including forgiveness of sins.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back